XY Experiences

Age of Kings

of the Ash Legion
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
11 hours of gameplay in and only one badge, just barely got to Glittering Cave. The thrill of exploration is already the best out of any Pokemon game because you can do so much more with the graphics to make it more interesting. I've also been spending time with Pokemon Amie and PSS (which makes me excited about the prospects of a Pokemon MMO). It makes me sad to hear some people rushed and beat the E4 in the amount of time I've been playing so far because there's so much more immersion that really make this feel like a superb RPG; it's been a long time since I felt this way about the non-competitive aspects of a Pokemon game.

Disappointing: Roller Skates stuck on Circle Pad and can't take them off.
Cool: The Dowsing Machine has little lasers that change color as you get closer to an item.
Cool: Bicycle color choices.
Disappointing: Bicycle color choices limited to yellow and green.
Cool: Riding Gogoat or Ryhorn.
Disappointing: Can't choose to ride Gogoat/Ryhorn elsewhere if you have one in your party.

At least you found a shiny while I'm here sitting and petting my red Gyarados
Except this handsome male Combee will probably be sent to a PC box and never see any petting/Pokémon Amie his entire life.

Here is a suggestion, Chasethebase: make it your stud horse for all your Bug-group breeding purposes.

Except this handsome male Combee will probably be sent to a PC box and never see any petting/Pokémon Amie his entire life.

Here is a suggestion, Chasethebase: make it your stud horse for all your Bug-group breeding purposes.
It does have Sweet Scent, so it's basically my horde finder.

This game continues to astound me visually. Just the way the pokémon are modeled truly brings them to life in a way I could only dream of back when I first got Pokemon Blue.

Delphox's animations just look so natural as it waves it's wand, I am in love with Amaura's big blue eyes and LOL stunfisk!

I've been addicted to this game since I got it Saturday morning. Like, literally. I have barely put it down unless I absolutely had to (for school, sleep, sanity; the three S's). I love this game so much. I'm already planning my next playthrough! (I'm gonna get me a Fennekin!) So far, my team, in order of when I got them, is:

Greninja Lv 56
Diggersby Lv 55
Venusaur Lv 55
Aurorus Lv 56
Hawlucha Lv 56
Swirlix Lv 45

And I know this isn't exactly the place I should be doing this, but I have no clue where else to put it, so would someone mind doing a trade over wifi for me to evolve my useless Swirlix? I would have asked sooner, but I already had 6 badges before i realized that I must have missed Swirlix somewhere along the way. And i really want a Slurpuff. So if you want to help, please send me a VM/PM/whatever and tell me. Thanks!

GatoDelFuego

The Antimonymph of the Internet
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
At Coumarine City right now. Nothing but joy for everything about this game. Party is:

Delphox 36
Blastoise 36
Axew 35
Gallade 35
Doublade 35
Hawlchula 36

Because Axew and Gallade are such exp sponges, I've almost not used my other guys at all as exp share just keeps them leveled. I am definitely turning this off if it's preventing me from using my guys! Screw Gardevoir tho, Gallade is a BOSS. Honedge is basically the god of all in-game pokemon ever. I cannot imagine going through this game without Delphox or Honedge at all, they're just SO good.

Favorite moment in the game so far: talked to a guy in Coumarine that said "Would you like to hear my song?" And then this. Only person I've given a tip to so far.

I did Hall of Fame yesterday evening with the following team

Chesnaught 72
Florges 70
Goodra 65
Meowstic (M) 68
Blastoise 70
Talonflame 70

Best main series game yet. By a mile. I've found bad puns, neat references and it's just blown me away, the 3D models also allow for a much better sense of scale that the sprites could never give.

Points on the Pokemon.

Chesnaught: General beast, Spiky Shield is a great move if you've almost OHKO'd someone, and know they'll use a Physical attack.

Florges: Punches holes in things, seriously. If I'd known Floette got Moonblast later I would have held off evolving it so early, but I had the TM for Dazzling Gleam (90BP) which was good enough.

Goodra: I know this guy gets so much love, but seriously he's really awesome too. Shame he can't learn Surf/Scald.

Meowstic: Really tanky, can take hits very well and then Fake Out/Sucker Punch people's faces in.

Blastoise: <3

Talonflame: Great having my flyer as a fire type too, plus the fact it gets Steel Wing on level up means that it can switch into a Fairy move, then hit them back super effectively.

Last edited:
I just LOVE, cannot stress enough how much AWESOME it feels to be able to just patch into all the online features while on the move!

Oh look, I've caught a Shelmet - GTS > Escavalier 2 minutes later! This is so frakking cool!

So after getting the 4th badge and basically reaching the half-way point, I decided to take a break from the norm and try out some breeding. Always seemed like a very high-class hobby. Well, on my 2nd egg ever I ended up with a Kangaskhan with a Jolly nature and Scrappy and "Alert to sounds". I figured this would be a great time to try out Super Training, which actually ended up being a lot of fun. It's a bit repetitive, but leaps and bounds ahead of the old fashioned way.

Consequently, I ended up with a monster of a 'mon. Return/Power-up Punch/Bite is tearing things up like it's the female dinosaur kangaroo reincarnation of Joe Frazier. I can't imagine how strong it's Mega is going to be.

So my post was basically just to gush about that, and now I have to re-arrange my squad to accommodate the new team mom. She hands out orange slices during halftime and blows her fist clean out the back of someone's head when they get all up on.

Oh, and I'm still in shock by just how much stuff is on each route. Just re-tracing my steps at a different time of day is adding so many slots to my dex. It's hard to keep a consistent crew when there's this much talent everywhere.

11 hours of gameplay in and only one badge, just barely got to Glittering Cave. The thrill of exploration is already the best out of any Pokemon game because you can do so much more with the graphics to make it more interesting. I've also been spending time with Pokemon Amie and PSS (which makes me excited about the prospects of a Pokemon MMO). It makes me sad to hear some people rushed and beat the E4 in the amount of time I've been playing so far because there's so much more immersion that really make this feel like a superb RPG; it's been a long time since I felt this way about the non-competitive aspects of a Pokemon game.
I see your 11 hours and 1 badge, and raise you a 15 hour playtime and 1 badge. Route 6.

Super Training burns through hours like nothing I've ever seen.

Plus searching for a specific nature is the most tedious thing ever.

Yeti

dark saturday
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
I'm saved in the 5th gym waiting to see if jumpluff is there since we're casually playing through but holy crap there is a TON of crap to do. The caves and routes are just massive. This game must be using the same amount of space/data as all the other gens combined. Everything is so huge. In SS, which I played through in Sept, I didn't even use Fly, I just biked back and forth, but here it's like wtf where is anything there's so much space. Game is huge.

I'm loving the new GTS and how you can search for a Mon by name.. waiting for pluff after the second gym I got: Goomy, Gabite, Sylveon, Vaporeon, Larvitar and... Xerneas. I got a female Bulba off the GTS and bred some eggs, gave them all Pokerus and did work. Xerneas was for a lv1 female Bulba. Glad I can finally use it now since it's lv50 and that was too high.

The one thing I really miss from HGSS is Mons following you around.. I can see how that wouldn't work with the roller skates but I wanted to cruise around with my 2 gym badges, beating up Team Flare grunts with their idol legendary saying "eyo kids watup im the boss" but no dice. I have Y so getting a Xerneas off the GTS works really well.

There's some features I miss from HGSS relating to the PokeGear and crap and I'm not sure I'm a huge fan of the bag as it is. I haven't tried Super Training but I've poked around in Amie and I have my customized wallpaper thing where Sylveon roams around.

My current team is (Mega) Blaziken, Charizard, Sylveon, Gabite, Goomy evo and Xerneas/Lapras/Vappy/other HM slave. It makes me sorta sad I can't use more new Mons but o well. One thing I wish there was more of is Team Flare early.. there could have been the scientists lurking about with the grunts but there weren't.. the first one is after badge 4. My waifus pls need more.

I just beat the 5th gym, only to discover that my Heliolisk had Pokerus. Seriously, this is the FIFTH seperate time I've gotten Pokerus in-game. I honestly don't know what it is with me and Pokerus. I get it so often it's ridiculous.

Just beat the game...best main series game, it's not even close. I'm not going to talk about the graphics since we all know that they're amazing(though there were framerate issues in battles, mostly whenever a weather effect is in place or when there is just a lot going on, but it's very minor). One of the things that I saw in many reviews was the lack of post game, well this game has so much to do during the game that a large post game wasn't needed. I'm pretty satisfied with game and I haven't even started on the post game yet. I've seen no one mention it, but the soundtrack is just outstanding and even though past soundtracks have been good, I think this one really captured an adventure theme. Now I really do not know if I like the story more than BW, but I love Team Flare and even you might think they look goofy, they mean fucking business. That's all I'm going say.

My team(after I beat the E4):
Greninja lvl 68
Tyrantrum lvl 68
Lucario lvl 68
Heliolisk lvl 68
Talonflame lvl 68
Gourgiest lvl 70

I'M SO DISAPPOINTED IN MY XERNEAS! He has a +SpA nature, which is awesome, but it's Quiet, which lowers his speed! I saved before I battled it, so I could soft reset if I wanted to...but I am not going through all that other stuff over and over and over again. Why couldn't you just be Modest or Timid, huh? Hell, why couldn't I just be given a moment to check his info before the next part? Why would you make a game that's only 99.99% perfect, Gamefreak!?

I guess the bright side is that he's "Alert to Sounds", so one of his three 31 IVs is apparently in speed. Then again, he has a +SpA nature, but that stat is still two points lower than his Attack (150 vs 152), which I can only assume means one the other ones didn't go to SpA.

I hope when I play Y my Yveltal isn't as poopy. He's the one I really wanted, but X had Mega CharizardX, so I decided to play X first.

Had a weird time with Y. Just started, and had a funny glitch when closing the 3DS to put it in sleep mode. I'd open it up, and it wouldn't come back on - just a black screen, no sound, and I had to force a system shutdown to get out of it. I had one instance where I closed and opened it again, and it came back fine. After the first twenty minutes of gameplay, it doesn't appear to be happening anymore. It's just odd.

Had a weird time with Y. Just started, and had a funny glitch when closing the 3DS to put it in sleep mode. I'd open it up, and it wouldn't come back on - just a black screen, no sound, and I had to force a system shutdown to get out of it. I had one instance where I closed and opened it again, and it came back fine. After the first twenty minutes of gameplay, it doesn't appear to be happening anymore. It's just odd.
Yeah, I was getting some weird glitches at the beginning (mostly graphical or audio blips, nothing that severe), but they seem to have largely disappeared after an hour or so. Are you using an EShop version, by any chance?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)