Resource VGC 2024 Regulation E Viability Rankings

These are the official Viability Rankings for VGC 2024 Regulation E. In this thread, we as a community will be ranking each and every usable pokemon into different tiers based on how viable we believe them to be. We encourage you to post your thoughts and opinions on on the various usable Pokemon in VGC and what tier you think they should belong in. Posts in this thread will be taken into consideration when deciding changes to the VR.

The general idea of this is to rank every usable Pokemon in VGC into different rankings that will go in descending order. Since we are evaluating the entirety of the metagame, we will not be splitting Pokemon based on their roles within teams - supportive and offensive Pokemon will be ranked based on their impact that they have on the meta and the teams they will be brought for.

Finally, there will be a Council of experienced players who will discuss and vote on the ranking of each Pokemon. As the Series tend to be fairly short, we will be attempting to keep this up-to-date based on what's going on in the tournament scene and adapting our list based on both tournament results and ladder success as the metagame evolves. Keep in mind, your posts and insights are still very valuable to us and will be a factor in any changes that we make. This thread would be nothing without the community and all of your input, so if you feel you have a good grasp on the metagame and fully understand the forum rules, then don't be hesitant to post.

VGC 2024 Regulation E Viability Rankings

S

:Flutter Mane: Flutter Mane
:Iron Hands: Iron Hands

:Urshifu-Rapid-Strike: Urshifu-Rapid-Strike

A+
:Landorus-Therian: Landorus-Therian
:Amoonguss: Amoonguss
:Gholdengo: Gholdengo
:Chien-Pao: Chien-Pao
:Heatran: Heatran
:Arcanine-Hisui: Arcanine-Hisui

:Rillaboom: Rillaboom
:Tornadus: Tornadus

A
:Ogerpon-Wellspring: Ogerpon-Wellspring
:Roaring Moon: Roaring Moon

A-
:Ogerpon-Hearthflame: Ogerpon-Hearthflame
:Iron Bundle: Iron Bundle
:Chi-Yu: Chi-Yu

:Dondozo: Dondozo

B+
:Dragonite: Dragonite
:Farigiraf: Farigiraf
:Tatsugiri: Tatsugiri
:Urshifu: Urshifu-Single-Strike
:Landorus: Landorus
:Regidrago: Regidrago
:Kingambit: Kingambit
:Clefairy: Clefairy

:Indeedee-F: Indeedee-F
:Cresselia: Cresselia
B
:Glimmora: Glimmora
:Ursaluna: Ursaluna
:Armarouge: Armarouge
:Ogerpon: Ogerpon
:Baxcalibur: Baxcalibur
:Ninetales-Alola: Ninetales-Alola
:Salamence: Salamence

:Brambleghast: Brambleghast
:Pelipper: Pelipper
:Ursaluna-Bloodmoon: Ursaluna-Bloodmoon
:Sinistcha: Sinistcha
:Dusclops: Dusclops

B-
:Weezing: Weezing
:Gastrodon: Gastrodon
:Kommo-o: Kommo-o
:Ogerpon-Cornerstone: Ogerpon-Cornerstone
:Dragapult: Dragapult
:Torkoal: Torkoal
:Volcarona: Volcarona
:Okidogi: Okidogi
:Gothitelle: Gothitelle

C+
:Lilligant-Hisui: Lilligant-Hisui
:Zapdos: Zapdos

:Scream Tail: Scream Tail
:Milotic: Milotic
:Regieleki: Regieleki
:Grimmsnarl: Grimmsnarl

C
:Basculegion: Basculegion-M
:Thundurus: Thundurus
:Annihilape: Annihilape
:Moltres-Galar: Moltres-Galar
:Hatterene: Hatterene
:Enamorus-Therian: Enamorus-Therian
:Empoleon: Empoleon

C-
:Sneasler: Sneasler

:Goodra-Hisui: Goodra-Hisui
:Thundurus-Therian: Thundurus-Therian
:Gyarados: Gyarados

Last edited:
I was really hoping for Dusclops to do really well, considering his performance in the Restricted formats during Sword/Shield. I guess other pokemon like Cress took him up though.

LovelyLuna

Lost in a life full of mistakes
is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
My big nomination
:Ursaluna: from B -> A-, and :Ursaluna-Bloodmoon: from A- -> B+.

Yes, pretty much swapping the bears. As I strongly believe Regular Ursaluna is the better pokemon in most cases and Bloodmoon will be the one harder to justify.

Starting it off, I think :Ursaluna: Ursaluna's difference in power is painfully obvious, it hits harder even after an intimidate, and is capable of spamming Facade. Bloodmoon:Ursaluna-Bloodmoon: on the other hand, can not spam its move. While it has certain ways to get around these, I.e weakness policy with Dusclops:Dusclops:. You're partnering with the worse trick room setter to not be completely outdone in damage output. While mind's eye means you can't switch in a Ghost type, so it could technically hit as often as Facade, Blood moon is vulnerable to protect. Getting read through a Flutter Mane :Flutter Mane: switch in is just as common imo, except Bloodmoon:Ursaluna-Bloodmoon:, has a bigger opportunity cost. A fair point is that both Harcanine:Arcanine-Hisui: and Landorus:Landorus-Therian: are very common right now, but because it still hits harder after an intimidate, I think it's fine. Especially when neither like playing into trick room or switching in on Ursaluna:Ursaluna:, these supposed checks that make it worse are forced to make reads to play as well as imagined into the big bear (neither want to give Luna the opportunity to Swords Dance, punishing the passive play, and both are dead with any form of chip, neither can do anything before they themselves fall next turn after the switch either. It's not that bad of a matchup). Ursaluna:Ursaluna: is also free to run teammates that have a positive matchup into the two, especially on Psyspam.

Amoonguss:Amoonguss: is also slowly rising in popularity, so the free Safety Goggles is very beneficial. It is one of the best answers to trick room in the format and your sweeper being able to deny it can give you so much more of an advantage, some Bloodmoon :Ursaluna-Bloodmoon: may run Tera Grass but this also comes with an opportunity cost, when Ursaluna:Ursaluna: is free to run the superior defensive or even offensive Teras. The 6% chip feels pretty minimal when it has better "overall" bulk and trick room comps generally being Hyper offensive, It has longevity paired with Cresselia :Cresselia: on slower teams, and overall, I think Bloodmoon :Ursaluna-Bloodmoon: would happily accept taking 6% chip to be immune to Amoonguss :Amoonguss: on any of its items so I do indeed find the burn overall a benefit on :Ursaluna:, even without factoring Guts.

Elaborating on Cresselia :Cresselia: and Dusclops :Dusclops:. While Bloodmoon :Ursaluna-Bloodmoon: is fine on most trick room comps, arguably more than Ursaluna:Ursaluna:, Ursaluna:Ursaluna: pairs better with the best Trick room setter and even Indeedee :Indeedee-F: is ranked higher than Dusclops :Dusclops: as of now. I believe that the teams Ursaluna:Ursaluna: fits on, are much better right now, and it's the better trick room sweeper by far because of its stats and the above mentioned qualities. I don't think I explained Swords Dance enough though, I think the ability to punish passive play like protect and switching is much better than being punished by the passive play as a trick room pokemon. Bloodmoon :Ursaluna-Bloodmoon: can't perform the role of a set up sweeper as Calm Mind is very hard to fit, this is because you'd be going mono normal or stabs without a spread move on a set up pokemon, or if you even think about dropping Blood moon, something with pitiful damage output for a Trick room sweeper. Ursaluna:Ursaluna: having access to a ground type spread move means it can run both stabs and set up, which is notably more immidiete.

While I'm at it, I'll share a few takes I am currently confident in.

:Landorus-Therian: from S -> A+

With the rise of Urshifu :Urshifu-Rapid-Strike: and Harcanine :Arcanine-Hisui:, Landorus :Landorus-Therian: faces competition both as a Scarfer, and as an Intimidator. The aforementioned Urshifu :Urshifu-Rapid-Strike: also has a positive matchup into it, which brings down Landorus :Landorus-Therian:'s overall viability. With the Ogerpon forms falling out of favour, Landorus :Landorus-Therian:'s ability to check them so well isn't as necessary. It is still a fantastic Balance and BO pokemon and has a place on other archetypes, however, I don't think the king can stand with Iron Hands :Iron Hands: and Flutter Mane :Flutter Mane: any longer, the tier below is a lot more fitting.

:Rillaboom: from A -> A+

The :Arcanine-Hisui: :Rillaboom: :Urshifu-Rapid-Strike: core is in particular more dominant right now, winning two regionals back to back. Rillaboom:Rillaboom: also has a place on many teams even though it competes with Iron Hands :Iron Hands: because of the things it provides, such as an Amoonguss :Amoonguss: immunity, terrain, and generally hits much harder which is even more valuable right now in an offensive meta. We've also seen a new Tera Grass offensive set pop up making Rillaboom:Rillaboom: the threat instead of the enabler, which is something you must respect with the return of Grassy Glide. Has shown a bunch of success, probably as much as Urshifu:Urshifu-Rapid-Strike:, to further show how desirable it's options are.

:Ogerpon-Hearthflame:from A+ -> A,

It's a very one dimensional nuke which I don't think competes with Urshifu :Urshifu-Rapid-Strike: or Wellspring :Ogerpon-Wellspring: in impact or splashibility. I think the best way to show Hearthflame :Ogerpon-Hearthflame:'s flaws is to compare it to Regulation D Urshifu:Urshifu-Rapid-Strike:. The current most common set (to my knowledge) is Jolly, and when both pokemon Tera, it hits only 8-10% harder than the Adamant Mystic Water Urshifu that was prevalent in D. When neither Tera, Urshifu hits a whopping 36% - 38% harder (20% without Mystic Water for those curious). Not to mention, Ogerpon :Ogerpon-Hearthflame: can not run another item or Tera, so it's limited in what it can do and where it can fit, unlike Urshifu:Urshifu-Rapid-Strike: who can run certain items or teras to break past supposed checks, making it a more versatile pokemon. Now say you removed unseen fist from Urshifu, and then ripped away it's crit move. Would Urshifu:Urshifu-Rapid-Strike: be anywhere as good? No. These two traits are broken in their own right and I don't think one can push Top 6 Urshifu in the meta without them, I was clarifying D where the meta was less hostile to it. I also do think this comparison can apply to current Urshifu, Unseen Fist being significantly more impactful than a new meta threat good against it (Hearthflame loses to the most common Scarf variant, Sinistcha and the other two Ogerpon forms while good, I wouldn't call meta). I'd honestly also suggest the meta is pretty hostile to Ogerpon:Ogerpon-Hearthflame: with how common Landorus :Landorus-Therian:, Harcanine :Arcanine-Hisui:, and more pokemon are.

:Gholdengo: from B+ -> A-

It's generally a consistent pokemon right now that is viable over and with Flutter Mane :Flutter Mane: on a variety of teams with its Nasty Plot set. It's typing is great because of the resistances it provides, checking Grass spam really well. It's Amoonguss :Amoonguss: immunity for teams which don't want to run double grass is also appreciated, especially on a set up pokemon which are normally afraid of Amoonguss :Amoonguss:. The same reasons it was good in Regulation D still apply this Regulation imo. Has shown plenty of results to support this, more than half of the current A- if that hints at anything.

:Sinistcha: B+ -> B

This pokemon still has incredible support tools, however It's meta matchup is so poor right now, to the point the one that cut Toronto, was Heatproof. On the current VR, At least 10 of the 19 in the A tiers force Sinistcha :Sinistcha: to Tera. It doesn't bring as much value as something like Farigiraf :Farigiraf: when it's running Heatproof to be less reliant on Tera. Being pressured to Tera is in particular bad because this Regulation has a lot of pokemon you want to preserve your Tera for / bring more value when Terastalised. Sinistcha :Sinistcha: has a lot of things going for it, but this meta is just unkind to it.

:Glimmora: from B -> C+

I barely see this mon, it's a decent option for a solid archetype but doesn't really fit anywhere else. Dozogiri :Dondozo: :Tatsugiri: teams have many other options, namely 2-2-2 and Tornadus Urshifu. Glimmora :Glimmora: just doesn't have much going for it and is relatively niche right now.

:Salamence: from UR -> C/C+

Has shown to be fine as a substitute Landorus :Landorus-Therian: in rare situations, having Tailwind and flying stab without Tera making it less Tera reliant. While still checking Grass spam, just as well, if not better, with its primary Dragon typing, this same typing gives it a great matchup into Urshifu :Urshifu-Rapid-Strike: who may give the Salamence :Salamence: rain comps a rough time. Not a meta pick to be considered but has a great niche and a handful of results to support this.

:Goodra-Hisui: from C+ to C-, while having a better meta matchup than last Regulation, Kommo-o:Kommo-o: just kind of outclasses it on most teams and is the preferred wincon right now because of its Dragon typing, making it better into the Ogerpon forms, and the Fighting typing, giving it STAB on Body Press which makes it more dangerous. Goodra:Goodra-Hisui: can definitely have a place on a team, but I think it's being overly estimated right now when considering the competition it currently has.

Last edited:
I can’t believe I’m saying this, but I agree with Robbie on almost everything about this list. My only complaint is that Chi Yu should be A-, not A, since Heatran is a better pick for 90% of teams right now. This is a very accurate snapshot of the metagame, and I’m really curious to see how it evolves over the next month and some change.

As a very strong believer in Empoleon I believe that it should be in at least B- maybe even B tier, its intimidate / icy wind repellent with competitive and with TR can sweep entire teams with LO / specs and if its sitrus it can still sweep with its other moves, its also a great support Pokémon with yawn, icy wind, haze and roost. With roost, sitrus and yawn its almost unkillable and STILL sweeps with +2 surfs. with tera flying tera blast / air slash its a great matchup into hands and if it does tera flying it can ignore lando-T stomping / eq and KO with ice beam and flash cannon kills flutter, so it has a good matchup against every S tier mon + almost every A tier mon.

Last edited:
I can’t believe I’m saying this, but I agree with Robbie on almost everything about this list. My only complaint is that Chi Yu should be A-, not A, since Heatran is a better pick for 90% of teams right now. This is a very accurate snapshot of the metagame, and I’m really curious to see how it evolves over the next month and some change.
Crazy shade but ftr Viability Rankings aren't "my list"? Im 1 out of 6 votes

LovelyLuna

is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
As a very strong believer in Empoleon I believe that it should be in at least B- maybe even B tier, its intimidate / icy wind repellent with competitive and with TR can sweep entire teams with LO / specs and if its sitrus it can still sweep with its other moves, its also a great support Pokémon with yawn, icy wind, haze and roost. With roost, sitrus and yawn its almost unkillable and STILL sweeps with +2 surfs. with tera flying tera blast / air slash its a great matchup into hands and if it does tera flying it can ignore lando-T stomping / eq and KO with ice beam and flash cannon kills flutter, so it has a good matchup against every S tier mon + almost every A tier mon.
I respect being a firm believer (:Iron Valiant:, soon..), but I'll give my thoughts on why :Empoleon: should stick roughly where it is.

The best Intimidate repellent right now is :Kingambit:, as it ohkos :Landorus-Therian: before it moves, isn't passive, and has a great meta matchup. As both are Steel types, :Empoleon: finds itself much harder to justify on team structures. Another similar pokemon, is :Milotic:, being a Bulky water type with the same ability. :Empoleon: has a lot of competition with pokemon who do similar things and will be niche at best.

It's too passive without a competitive boost, while it can be good intimidate deterance..that's it. :Kingambit: is still a threat with black glasses and forbid it sets up a Swords Dance. :Milotic: has the coil set for balance teams to seriously respect and even without it, access to Scald means teams don't like keeping it on the field. :Empoleon: is kind of just there and has a hard time establishing its presence, and while in theory it does have a great meta matchup, it's really disappointing.

Specs being really abusable without bringing you worthwhile reward, with it taking up to 60% from :Flutter Mane:'s own Specs Shadow Ball. You might have made an error but :Iron Hands: eats those flying moves really well due to being part Electric, and can Wild Charge you without cost. Expanding on its meta matchup, you lose to :Urshifu:, ;Chien-Pao:, :Rillaboom:, both popular :Ogerpon: forms and :Kingambit:. I'm not sure this is exactly enough to justify an intimidate deterance most of the time, especially with its Speed stat, :Landorus-Therian: already threatens you for a lot of damage but it's partners may set up a ko.

It's not totally bad and completely viable, just not up any higher imo.

I respect being a firm believer (:Iron Valiant:, soon..), but I'll give my thoughts on why :Empoleon: should stick roughly where it is.

The best Intimidate repellent right now is :Kingambit:, as it ohkos :Landorus-Therian: before it moves, isn't passive, and has a great meta matchup. As both are Steel types, :Empoleon: finds itself much harder to justify on team structures. Another similar pokemon, is :Milotic:, being a Bulky water type with the same ability. :Empoleon: has a lot of competition with pokemon who do similar things and will be niche at best.

It's too passive without a competitive boost, while it can be good intimidate deterance..that's it. :Kingambit: is still a threat with black glasses and forbid it sets up a Swords Dance. :Milotic: has the coil set for balance teams to seriously respect and even without it, access to Scald means teams don't like keeping it on the field. :Empoleon: is kind of just there and has a hard time establishing its presence, and while in theory it does have a great meta matchup, it's really disappointing.

Specs being really abusable without bringing you worthwhile reward, with it taking up to 60% from :Flutter Mane:'s own Specs Shadow Ball. You might have made an error but :Iron Hands: eats those flying moves really well due to being part Electric, and can Wild Charge you without cost. Expanding on its meta matchup, you lose to :Urshifu:, ;Chien-Pao:, :Rillaboom:, both popular :Ogerpon: forms and :Kingambit:. I'm not sure this is exactly enough to justify an intimidate deterance most of the time, especially with its Speed stat, :Landorus-Therian: already threatens you for a lot of damage but it's partners may set up a ko.

It's not totally bad and completely viable, just not up any higher imo.
I think still think is good, but yeah I guess you have a point on why empoleon is bad, but I won’t stop trying to make him work!

Last edited:
I would say that some of the rankings are not accurate, for example both weezings can be good assets to a team but after using them for a bit I’ve realized that there really wasting a team slot. While other support mons like sinistcha can do good damage wheezing cant and gets stuck on the field. Scream Tail being B- is dumb it’s never used because it’s useless, there’s NOTHING it can do except waste a team slot and maybe if you don’t know what your doing, waste a booster energy that could be used on RM or Flutter. I agree with Leo in that ogre-H should be in A tier and that salience should at least be included (maybe that’s bc i like using mence) I believe using either ursa is hard to justify especially BM since it’s a bit to fast to sweep in TR but not fast enough to sweep outside of TR regular ursa is easier to pilot and is overall pretty good if you can get TR up with sinistcha / cress. I also believe that sinistcha should be A tier since it has good support, pretty much free healing and a chance to burn + the tr setup is good unlike other support Pokémon it can acctually damage things. Im going to go to bed so this is the end of my rant!

1. Weezing is a support mon, its not made for dmg. It just wants to sit on the feild spreading wisps and taunts and it still does decent dmg with gunk shot.
2. Scream tail is not bad and i will not tolerate the hate. How would you like it if your ass got forced to struggle?? It is really good in endgame situations and due to the amount of choice scarf landorus and Specs Flutter Mane it just sits and forces them not to bring these powerful mons.

3.Oger H while still being a solid mon is falling off bc of the amount of harc in the meta. I think it should just drop to B honestly. (It broke my desk with its midness)

4. Bloodmoon is literally 2 points faster than hands and most iron hands run speed invest anyways and while cressluna is "easy to pilot" it has alot of counterplay in this meta.

5.Sinistcha, while being a great support mon aint what its cracked up to be. Hospitality swap ins are great and tr + redirection too. But you can just argue that every slot should be replaced with sinistcha. Also that mf cannot dmg things lol it does nothing to the ogerpons and in the face of some usually has to tera making it a tera hog more than anything.

Last edited:
1. Weezing is a support mon, its not made for dmg. It just wants to sit on the feild spreading wisps and taunts and it still does decent dmg with gunk shot.
2. Scream tail is not bad and i will not tolerate the hate. How would you like it if your ass got forced to struggle?? It is really good in endgame situations and due to the amount of choice scarf landorus and Specs Flutter Mane it just sits and forces them not to bring these powerful mons.

3.Oger H while still being a solid mon is falling off bc of the amount of harc in the meta. I think it should just drop to B honestly. (It broke my desk with its midness)

4. Bloodmoon is literally 2 points faster than hands and most iron hands run speed invest anyways and while cressluna is "easy to pilot" it has alot of counterplay in this meta.

5.Sinistcha, while being a great support mon aint what its cracked up to be. Hospitality swap ins are great and tr + redirection too. But you can just argue that every slot should be replaced with sinistcha. Also that mf cannot dmg things lol it does nothing to the ogerpons and in the face of some usually has to tera making it a tera hog more than anything.
1. weezing can be a decent support mon but really it just cnat do damage and gets stuck on the field.

2. ever heard of this funny move called taunt?

3. Oger-H isn't great but I wouldn't call her mid personally I like the glass cannon playstyle that she offers and usually can take a KO or 2 with sd / tera

4. ok lol what? hands is 10 points slower? and also really isn't supposed to sweep teams whereas ursa-BM is with calm mind. ursa-H is good and easy to pilot and I stand by that. farig is kinda falling off rn and if ursa gets a sd off you better bet its gonna sweep you and with healing from cress / sinistcha its almost unstoppable

5. its good against urshi rapid and I believe that its better than cress also it can burn every oger except fire and has neutral against rock and water
so idk what your talking about

A few more complaints / ideas

gholdengo & urshi-rapid NEED to move up a tier or 2 they're both very solid staples that can defeat pokemon in 1 shot if your not careful, gholdengo tera water nasty plot might be my favorite mon in the format, urshi-rapid with scarf might be 1 of my least favorite mons in the format, but its still good. I fully agree with leo that salmence should be included in this ranking since it got top 16 at Toronto. Oger-rock being B+ is really stupid its kind of useless and doesnt have great matchups against popular mons examples : lando-T, Iron Hands, glimmora, oger-water, etc. I dont think snorlax should be C tier as I've never found situation where it can do much without sacrificing half its health for a belly drum, its also not very good outside TR
and using 2 turns + half your health to setup really just isn't ever worth it. chi-yu should be A- since heatran is just better and has better matchups
and Heatran just overall feels good to use.

Kingambit is good but not that good, it's a risk to bring an intimidate Pokémon against it but it's just too slow and Milotic / Empoleon does its job better. I think gastrodon is ok, but not B tier good pretty much the only water attacker in the meta right now, oger-water kills it with horn leech / wood hammer, the other water attackers, milotic and empoleon, can just switch out to oger or rilla and while the redirection is nice, its really not worth it. Roaring Moon is an A tier mon for sure, no question it sets up TW get good damage with tera flying and can use breaking swipe to lower both pokemons attack and knock off to get rid of items its very good and can help sweep entire teams. okidogi is good, but has a hard time establishing itself as a good mon and is really under used but is pretty good when used correctly. I dont understand what Azumarill does since it has awful stats for a full evolved pokemon and doesnt get great support moves aside from charm, i dont believe its any good at all. I feel like i dont even need to say anything, oger-water is S tier and its too good for the meta. Hattrene is very much outclassed by sinistcha and cress and really isnt that good. it appears you have underestimated regidrago once more, its just a good mon the best damage in the game (dragon maw + Dragon Fang + tera dragon Dragon Energy) has some of the best hp in the game, and is overall a meta monster.

Sapphire

♫ Mugen No Ticket ♫
is a Community Leader
VGC Leader
Frostill Love that you're active and passionate about VRs, but try to organize your thoughts in a way that we can actually take action on them, and also proofread your work a little before posting.
I think gastrodon is ok, but not B tier good pretty much the only water attacker in the meta right now, oger-water kills it with horn leech / wood hammer, the other water attackers, milotic and empoleon, can just switch out to oger or rilla and while the redirection is nice, its really not worth it.
Did you just forget about Ursh after posting about it above on how it should be HIGHER?

Kingambit is good but not that good, it's a risk to bring an intimidate Pokémon against it but it's just too slow and Milotic / Empoleon does its job better.
Milo and Empoleon definitely do not do its job better. Next you're going to tell me Sylveon is better than Flutter

okidogi is good, but has a hard time establishing itself as a good mon and is really under used but is pretty good when used correctly.
what on earth are you trying to get at here

Hattrene is very much outclassed by sinistcha and cress and really isnt that good.
It's literally C-Tier, what are you going for here. It has its niche and C-Tier addresses that fine. The others are ranked higher up too.

I dont understand what Azumarill does since it has awful stats for a full evolved pokemon and doesnt get great support moves aside from charm, i dont believe its any good at all.
Probably a Belly Drum sweeper, or maybe AV in niche cases. Don't comment on stuff you don't really know about, but with that said I haven't seen it in ages so maybe its time to remove it

Hot takes are definitely a thing, but try to organize them in a way that makes it a bit easier for us to make changes on. Maybe take a look at Leo's post above for some examples. Tell us which mons should move where and why, and also proofread what you've written so we don't have to parse through all the stuff that doesn't make sense ourselves
Also yeah, our VRs aren't always going to be accurate, meta changes and obviously we all make mistakes. We're trying our best to keep it as accurate as possible, so we definitely appreciate you and everyone else's inputs

Frostill Love that you're active and passionate about VRs, but try to organize your thoughts in a way that we can actually take action on them, and also proofread your work a little before posting.

Did you just forget about Ursh after posting about it above on how it should be HIGHER?

Milo and Empoleon definitely do not do its job better. Next you're going to tell me Sylveon is better than Flutter

what on earth are you trying to get at here

It's literally C-Tier, what are you going for here. It has its niche and C-Tier addresses that fine. The others are ranked higher up too.

Probably a Belly Drum sweeper, or maybe AV in niche cases. Don't comment on stuff you don't really know about, but with that said I haven't seen it in ages so maybe its time to remove it

Hot takes are definitely a thing, but try to organize them in a way that makes it a bit easier for us to make changes on. Maybe take a look at Leo's post above for some examples. Tell us which mons should move where and why, and also proofread what you've written so we don't have to parse through all the stuff that doesn't make sense ourselves
Also yeah, our VRs aren't always going to be accurate, meta changes and obviously we all make mistakes. We're trying our best to keep it as accurate as possible, so we definitely appreciate you and everyone else's inputs
alr i will try to take your advice and inputit into my comments (also sylveon is definitly better lol)

A few more ideas

:Ursaluna-Bloodmoon: From A- to B+

Yes :ursaluna-bloodmoon: is good in some situations but its not worthy of A-, calm mind is good setup but :Urshifu-Rapid-Strike: is pretty good counter to it as well as Taunt :Tornadus: to stop TR from going up, :chien-pao: is also a viable counter to :ursaluna-Bloodmoon: and Trick Room setters. :Ursaluna-Bloodmoon: has a great ability for attacking and above average defense and hp but its spd is severely lacking and gets easily KO'd by mons it cant 1 shot like :iron hands: and fellow :Ursaluna-Bloodmoon:

:Chi-yu: from A to A-

Like what TheEeveeAnimations said, it just cant compare to :heatran:, it's a glass cannon it can really only ever take 1 KO in turn for its own death. It could potentially get 2 KOs with tailwind and a good prediction but its pretty unlikely for :iron hands: to try to fake out it since it almost always runs tera ghost, it barely has enough speed to outspeed :urshifu-rapid-strike: and doesnt out speed if it has scarf, without tailwind its pretty bad and if you run scarf it can be hard take KOs with heat wave / overheat in addition, if :Ogerpon-Wellspring: teras theres almost no way to stop it from killing :chi-yu:.

:Chien-Pao: from A to A-

:Chien-Pao: is an amzing pokemon, but its also kind of a glass cannon with sash it can take 2 KOs or just do 50% with sucker punch, an issue is that :chien-pao: really only ever runs 1 dark move crunch is good, but sucker is also nice unfortunately sucker punch is very easily exploitable. it has an awful matchup into :Urshifu-Rapid Strike: it simply destroys :Chien-Pao:, the matchup into :Landorus-Therian: is amazing, but scarf just cancels that out. Getting flinched by :Landorus-Therian: rock slide and knowing you've just lost your :chien-pao: is an awful feeling and is incredibly annoying when it happens. TR absolutely destroys :chien-pao:, in TR it loses to pokemon it would KO outside of TR examples: :ursaluna:, :ursaluna-bloodmoon:, :empoleon: and :ogerpon-hearthflame:. Unfortunately, the speed tie against :flutter mane: is inevitable and if :chien-pao: loses the speed tie it uses sash or just dies. overall :chien-pao: is good, but has a hard time taking out lots of top pokemon and loses in TR.

Choruto

Sylveon <3
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributor
A few more ideas

:Chien-Pao: is an amzing pokemon, but its also kind of a glass cannon with sash it can take 2 KOs or just do 50% with sucker punch, an issue is that :chien-pao: really only ever runs 1 dark move crunch is good, but sucker is also nice unfortunately sucker punch is very easily exploitable. it has an awful matchup into :Urshifu-Rapid Strike: it simply destroys :Chien-Pao:, the matchup into :Landorus-Therian: is amazing, but scarf just cancels that out. Getting flinched by :Landorus-Therian: rock slide and knowing you've just lost your :chien-pao: is an awful feeling and is incredibly annoying when it happens. TR absolutely destroys :chien-pao:, in TR it loses to pokemon it would KO outside of TR examples: :ursaluna:, :ursaluna-bloodmoon:, :empoleon: and :ogerpon-hearthflame:. Unfortunately, the speed tie against :flutter mane: is inevitable and if :chien-pao: loses the speed tie it uses sash or just dies. overall :chien-pao: is good, but has a hard time taking out lots of top pokemon and loses in TR.
This is gonna sound kinda mean, but your argument for why :Chien Pao: is bad is that it has a bad MU into trick room, RNG with flinch and speed tie, and :landorus-therian:.
First off :landorus-therian: is a pretty great MU for :Chien Pao:. You force a :Landorus-therian: tera basically every time so it doesen't die, and even if you get outspeed theres no way for :Chien pao: to die in 1 hit. Then if it does tera, there are ways to get around the intimidate with Life orb, Adamant, Icicle crash, and switching in and out.
Of course trick room is a bad match up for :Chien Pao:. Its a bad match up for :flutter-mane:, :ogerpon-hearthflame:, :Urshifu:, and many other things. Its not a fair comparison to say that its bad because it doesen't do good into a bad match up.

And then the RNG. There is basically nothing you can do if you get flinched. Or speed tied. Theres ways to mitigate it by good play, different item choices (Like Lorb + Jolly), but at the end of the day if RNG wants its way you cannot fight it.

This is gonna sound kinda mean, but your argument for why :Chien Pao: is bad is that it has a bad MU into trick room, RNG with flinch and speed tie, and :landorus-therian:.
First off :landorus-therian: is a pretty great MU for :Chien Pao:. You force a :Landorus-therian: tera basically every time so it doesen't die, and even if you get outspeed theres no way for :Chien pao: to die in 1 hit. Then if it does tera, there are ways to get around the intimidate with Life orb, Adamant, Icicle crash, and switching in and out.
Of course trick room is a bad match up for :Chien Pao:. Its a bad match up for :flutter-mane:, :ogerpon-hearthflame:, :Urshifu:, and many other things. Its not a fair comparison to say that its bad because it doesen't do good into a bad match up.

And then the RNG. There is basically nothing you can do if you get flinched. Or speed tied. Theres ways to mitigate it by good play, different item choices (Like Lorb + Jolly), but at the end of the day if RNG wants its way you cannot fight it.
you didnt mention empoleon here, so its incorrect :) (dont question why)

LovelyLuna

:Chi-yu: from A to A-

Like what TheEeveeAnimations said, it just cant compare to :heatran:, it's a glass cannon it can really only ever take 1 KO in turn for its own death. It could potentially get 2 KOs with tailwind and a good prediction but its pretty unlikely for :iron hands: to try to fake out it since it almost always runs tera ghost, it barely has enough speed to outspeed :urshifu-rapid-strike: and doesnt out speed if it has scarf, without tailwind its pretty bad and if you run scarf it can be hard take KOs with heat wave / overheat in addition, if :Ogerpon-Wellspring: teras theres almost no way to stop it from killing :chi-yu:.
I don't think being a glass cannon is so bad when you're the strongest cannon in the game. Chi-Yu :Chi-Yu: is also notably bulkier than Flutter Mane :Flutter Mane:, which has no problem EVing for hits. You can spend a few EVs to live neutral hits and then you can't really blame Chi-Yu :Chi-Yu: if it's dying to a water move, Heatran :Heatran: isn't going to take them any better. You can also exploit Iron Hands :Iron Hands: not faking out and not burn a Tera. It's speed stat isn't the greatest, but this is why teams attempt to pair it with Icy Wind Flutter Mane :Flutter Mane: or Iron Bundle :Iron Bundle:.

I also think you misunderstand the point of Chien-Pao :Chien-Pao: in this post. Even if it's a glass cannon, with focus sash, it can be an incredibly consistent endgame pokemon. There are also many excellent pokemon vulnerable to Ice right now. Also it's noteworthy that Flutter Mane :Flutter Mane: does not generally run Max speed, giving Chien Pao :Chien-pao: the edge. Let's say these qualities make it an A- pokemon on its own. You're forgetting to acknowledge Sword of Ruin, this can be abused by the many physical attackers in the tier, who function as superb partners. Chien-Pao :Chien-Pao: can enable pokemon like Urshifu :Urshifu-Rapid-Strike:, Ogerpon Hearthflame & Wellspring :Ogerpon-Hearthflame: / :Ogerpon-Wellspring:, Rillaboom :Rillaboom:, Hisuian Arcanine :Arcanine-Hisui:, Dragonite :Dragonite:, etc. Because the meta is so physical, Chien l-Pao :Chien-Pao: can thrive and exist as both a threat and enabler.

Also I'd suggest comparing pokemon to other pokemon in the tier they are in and the tier you propose, this let's you create a more reasonable argument instead of pointing out positives or flaws. This makes it hard to understand where you want something to be and can make your arguments very inconsistent. For example, you state that Chien-Pao :Chien-Pao: is a great counter to trick room, making Bloodmoon :Ursaluna-Bloodmoon: worse, but you also propose that Chien-Pao :Chien-Pao: is bad into trick room, hindering it's viability. Just a tip for more consistent posts

You state that Chien-Pao :Chien-Pao: is a great counter to trick room, making Bloodmoon :Ursaluna-Bloodmoon: worse, but you also propose that Chien-Pao :Chien-Pao: is bad into trick room, hindering it's viability. Just a tip for more consistent posts
sorry, I should've worded that better, what i was trying to say is :chien-pao: can outspeed and ohko :Ursaluna-Bloodmoon: BEFORE tr goes up, i was also saying that IF tr goes up than :Ursaluna-bloodmoon: can ohko :chien-pao:. I hope this will make that have more logic behind it!

Quick thoughts (will not get cancelled (hopefully))

:Ogerpon-Hearthflame: A+ -> A
The mon has fallen off a bit after the rise of other grass types as competition, most notably :Rillaboom: Rillaboom's surprisingly high usage, :Amoonguss: Amoonguss picking back up, and :Ogerpon-Wellspring: Waterpon being Waterpon. It doesn't help that :Arcanine-Hisui: is also an extremely popular pick right now, quad resisting Firepon's nuke button. It's still a strong mon, just not the unstoppable tera nuke demon that people thought it to be.

:Gholdengo: B+ -> A-
This mon seems to always sit on the sidelines, but with most of its counters not at 50+% usage, it's a very good pick, esp on balance comps that want a bulkier ghost not named Flutter Mane. Aside from having excellent defensive utility, Tera Types like Dragon or Water can help it set up a Nasty Plot and unleash stupid strong Make It Rains (which, for the record, do 80~% to resists with LO).

I don't think being a glass cannon is so bad when you're the strongest cannon in the game. Chi-Yu :Chi-Yu: is also notably bulkier than Flutter Mane :Flutter Mane:, which has no problem EVing for hits. You can spend a few EVs to live neutral hits and then you can't really blame Chi-Yu :Chi-Yu: if it's dying to a water move, Heatran :Heatran: isn't going to take them any better. You can also exploit Iron Hands :Iron Hands: not faking out and not burn a Tera. It's speed stat isn't the greatest, but this is why teams attempt to pair it with Icy Wind Flutter Mane :Flutter Mane: or Iron Bundle :Iron Bundle:.

I also think you misunderstand the point of Chien-Pao :Chien-Pao: in this post. Even if it's a glass cannon, with focus sash, it can be an incredibly consistent endgame pokemon. There are also many excellent pokemon vulnerable to Ice right now. Also it's noteworthy that Flutter Mane :Flutter Mane: does not generally run Max speed, giving Chien Pao :Chien-pao: the edge. Let's say these qualities make it an A- pokemon on its own. You're forgetting to acknowledge Sword of Ruin, this can be abused by the many physical attackers in the tier, who function as superb partners. Chien-Pao :Chien-Pao: can enable pokemon like Urshifu :Urshifu-Rapid-Strike:, Ogerpon Hearthflame & Wellspring :Ogerpon-Hearthflame: / :Ogerpon-Wellspring:, Rillaboom :Rillaboom:, Hisuian Arcanine :Arcanine-Hisui:, Dragonite :Dragonite:, etc. Because the meta is so physical, Chien l-Pao :Chien-Pao: can thrive and exist as both a threat and enabler.

Also I'd suggest comparing pokemon to other pokemon in the tier they are in and the tier you propose, this let's you create a more reasonable argument instead of pointing out positives or flaws. This makes it hard to understand where you want something to be and can make your arguments very inconsistent. For example, you state that Chien-Pao :Chien-Pao: is a great counter to trick room, making Bloodmoon :Ursaluna-Bloodmoon: worse, but you also propose that Chien-Pao :Chien-Pao: is bad into trick room, hindering it's viability. Just a tip for more consistent posts
i ment :chien-pao: is bad in trick room

:Arcanine-Hisui: A to A+

I think it has more potential than most people think, it’s been getting a lot of usage from what I’ve seen especially in bo3 matches. Sure, it’s weak to Urshifu. But it has a great movepool. Flare Blitz, Rock Slide and most importantly Extreme Speed are all in its arsenal. It also gets access to Intimidate, as well as many of the same moves Kantonian :Arcanine: does as well. Including Will-O-Wisp as well as Snarl and Extreme Speed. Overall, I think it’s been getting a lot of usage lately, mostly on Tailwind teams.

:Glimmora: B to B+

Since :Dondozo: and :Tatsugiri: are up in B+, why not put Glimmora there as well? Almost all of the Dozogiri teams I’ve seen in Reg E have :Glimmora: on them. Toxic Debris is a great ability to have and while it certainly doesn’t have the best stats, it can hold the Focus Sash to guarantee a second layer of Toxic Spikes to go up. This Pokemon can certainly cause problems especially on Dondozo teams, which you will mostly see it on.

:Dusclops: B- to B

This Pokémon has been getting some impressive results recently, it’s gotten 2 Regional Top 8‘s and every time I’ve seen it being used I feel like it wins. It is hard to use, I’ll admit. But if you can make it work, especially next to an :Ursaluna-Bloodmoon: under Trick Room, this thing can do some serious work. Burning everything with Will-O-Wisp and repetitively healing up with Pain Split. This thing can be an absolute menace if not stopped.

:Gyarados: B to C+

I haven‘t seen this Pokemon in ages. Also, we have 2 better Intimidators in Harcanine and Lando-T. So I don’t see any reason why this thing gets any usage besides, I don’t know, Thunder Wave support?

Oh, while I’m here, a few small things!

:Chi Yu: can drop to A-. Out of all the fire types in A, I think it has the fewest reasons to be picked on common builds right now. Fairy Tera :Heatran: , its most common set, walls it to hell and back, and has a generally better defensive matchup into the current meta. :Arcanine-Hisui: adds a lot more to teams in terms of offensive and defensive utility than :Chi Yu: right now, other than “big special damage” (more on Arc-H later). Only dropping to A- because I’ll still shit my pants if my team has a bad fish matchup, and it still has its places on more Hyper-Offense teams.

:Arcanine-Hisui: to A+. I believe it’s currently the best Fire Type in the metagame (sorry, :Heatran: ). Every set it has fills important roles on teams—Band, Assault Vest, Sitrus, Goggles, able to swap between offensive support and priority + Rock Slide. No, really, Band Rock Slide is just that good. It makes up a key component of the :Rillaboom: :Urshifu: :Arcanine-Hisui: :Tornadus: core, applying Intimidate pressure and allowing for a safe lead into a lot of different compositions. Extremespeed isn’t a bad move, either!

:Ogerpon-Hearthflame: from A+ to A-. She’s failed to keep up with the shifting metagame, and people are learning to adapt to her. She can still do that big damage everyone is scared of. She’s just getting less space to do it, and :Arcanine-Hisui: is still everyone’s worst enemy, including hers. Falling in popularity at the moment. Hope she gets on the up and up again.

:Eevee: from UR —> S. Need I explain more?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)