Data Usage-Based Tier Update for October 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not a person to wish for anybody to drop to UU however with the new additions to UU I wish Empoleon would have dropped too to become my ideal meta

I fucking hate Ambipom with a vengeance I watch FSG's video on it every night to go to sleep as a low ladder player I hate fellow low ladder players who play Ambipom I'VE SEEN SO MUCH AMBIPOM THESE WEEKS FUCK THE MONKE FFS

Surprised to see Gliscor didn't crack Top 5 tbh

Also my main team in OU Pre-HOME was Amoonguss Clod Skeledirge Garg Dozo and Gambit so I'm one step closer to doing the same in UU

What is it about ambipom that makes it so common on low ladder, why are people using it?
It has Technichian Fake Out, which has been hyped because Scizor also has STAB Technichian priority, but Scizor is bulky and strong, while Ambipom is frail and 100 Attack is mid af. It's also because Technichian Double Hit outdamages Return, but is not 100% accurate, and low ladder players think they have found a hidden gem while in reality they sound like an NPC. It could be also be because Ambipom is popular, but idk, it dosen't seem too popular for me

Heatran and Chomp dropping would've been surprising most other gens but here it was kinda expected. On the other hand I doubt UU will be keeping things like Moltres, Garg, and Meow once the DLC1 meta stabilizes. Having weathers back won't be fun either way.

Poor Ambipom. After one generation of being decent it's just cursed to be the Monkey of Lame, always being higher than it should be.

Tyranitar, Garchomp, RotomW, Heatran all in UU; Lando in life support and Ferro isnt even in the game.

We are in a new era of pokemon, forget all you think you knew
rotom and ttar both fell to uu last gen, those aren't shocking. the other guys though? damn. ou staples found dead due to a combination of movepool restrictions and insane power creep. sad but that's the reality of gen 9

guys i think the current tiering system can no longer keep up with the power creep
It's the first month after a DLC drop that introduced a lot of stuff that turned things on their head. It sucks that they do it like this now, but things will stabilize 2-3 months after DLC2. Aside from the few OU mainstay drops (that most could have predicted anyway) you're probably looking at, most of the new mons got put in the correct (or close to correct w/ some) tier.

Last edited:
I hope Sandy Shocks enjoyed her nice vacation up to OU for a few months. Will be expecting to see them at 50% usage in UU by november (half joking; there are more Shocks answers now)
:Furret: now in a reasonable tier for its power level also makes me wanna try PU. I love that little guy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)