Data Usage-Based Tier Update for August 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
treads is dead finally, its about 5 months overdue for that to happen

lets be honest nobody was surprised hoopa rose

RU have fun :3

MY COMMENTS
- Gardevoir and Gallade dropped. Wasn’t it last month Gardevoir dominated RU and then rose to UU? And many months earlier, it fell to RU, and then right back to UU again? Damn, this thing has jumped around a lot.

-Very surprised by greninja getting past 7% in OU after the huge nerfs, I expected cresselia to rise, which it did (honestly I didn’t even know it dropped, doesn’t it get used a lot?). The other two OU risers were nothing I cared about, so I won’t talk about.

-As for how UU will change with the drops and rises, I wonder how Donphan will do (given just how much it rose in usage). First off, Meow and Gren greatly limited donphan’s potential, with fast Supereffective hits that threaten an ohko. Cresselia also did this to an extent, despite its low usage, because of levitate and all that junk. Also, with less big dark types around, skeledirge and Ceruledge will rise and quaquaval will become less used as a strong fighting type. Skeledirge and ceruledge both are hit hard by EQ, and quaquaval is both spinning competition and does damage with aqua step, so donphan benefits from all these changes.
On the other hand, the dropping of treads means donphan will have serious competition with its future form. Didn’t mean to make this about donphan, but it’s in an interesting position.

-Finally, WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS
IMG_2794.jpeg

How the fuck does Scizpor have lower usage than kleavor
Greninja chads stay winning
Sandy shocks higher than heatran, pardon me, but *in medic tf2 voice* what ze fak
Hoopa-u better not drop next month, or chomp, or uu's fucked
I forgot ciderace existed
Who is using azu, ive seen no one use azu
In ubers and uu, skeledirge chads be winner
Tauros is having his best generation since number one
Gallade is waiting to see how long it will take to be banned

in cant wait to see how dlc effs up competetive
https://www.pokeos.com/dex/?f=dlcleak&page=1&sv=true

Last edited:
MY COMMENTS
- Gardevoir and Gallade dropped. Wasn’t it last month Gardevoir dominated RU and then rose to UU? And many months earlier, it fell to RU, and then right back to UU again? Damn, this thing has jumped around a lot.

-Very surprised by greninja getting past 7% in OU after the huge nerfs, I expected cresselia to rise, which it did (honestly I didn’t even know it dropped, doesn’t it get used a lot?). The other two OU risers were nothing I cared about, so I won’t talk about.

-As for how UU will change with the drops and rises, I wonder how Donphan will do (given just how much it rose in usage). First off, Meow and Gren greatly limited donphan’s potential, with fast Supereffective hits that threaten an ohko. Cresselia also did this to an extent, despite its low usage, because of levitate and all that junk. Also, with less big dark types around, skeledirge and Ceruledge will rise and quaquaval will become less used as a strong fighting type. Skeledirge and ceruledge both are hit hard by EQ, and quaquaval is both spinning competition and does damage with aqua step, so donphan benefits from all these changes.
On the other hand, the dropping of treads means donphan will have serious competition with its future form. Didn’t mean to make this about donphan, but it’s in an interesting position.

-Finally, WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS
View attachment 539661
good question

I'm probably that one person who uses Iron Treads over Great Tusk lol
I'm going to have some FUN in RU

Marty

Always more to find
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Researcheris a Top Tiering Contributor
Research Leader
Marty I noticed that Sliggoo-Hisui dropped from NU to PU for this month. I know that Sliggoo-Hisui saw usage above the threshold for ZU and PU in June when it rose to NU. I’m looking to clarify that it doesn’t drop back into NFE after having previously risen from there. Thanks!
You're right, it belongs in PU until PU decides it's not good enough to be there.

For players interested in Subzero Used, an unofficial tier below ZU, here’s what’s changed according to the 1630 ZU usage stats:

Delibird moved from SU to ZU
Dewott moved from SU to ZU
Gastly moved from SU to ZU
Glalie moved from SU to ZU
Krokorok moved from SU to ZU
Morgrem moved from SU to ZU
Pawniard moved from SU to ZU
Sandygast moved from SU to ZU
Seviper moved from SU to ZU
Slaking moved from SU to ZU
Sliggoo moved from SU to ZU
Sneasel moved from SU to ZU
Tropius moved from SU to ZU
Wigglytuff moved from SU to ZU

Bramblin moved from ZU to SU
Grimer-Alola moved from ZU to SU

Marty I noticed that Sliggoo-Hisui dropped from NU to PU for this month. I know that Sliggoo-Hisui saw usage above the threshold for ZU and PU in June when it rose to NU. I’m looking to clarify that it doesn’t drop back into NFE after having previously risen from there. Thanks!
Is there a way I can see the full ZU usage stats?

Everyone is taking about how ttar is now fallen to ru but nobody talking about who is the new king of ou and most consistent Pokémon that is now without a doubt zapdos I like zapdos tbh it is one of my favorites and I just can’t comprehend that it has more usage then lando-t heatran ttar and garchomp bro zapdos is even in top ten and I am surprised yea it is not new to see zapdos being good but to the point that it is better then lando-t that is just surprising

I've sometimes read in the tiering policy forum that tournament usage should be accounted for when making the tiers so this is a small research post to show what difference it would make comparing July OU usage and WCoP usage.

UU according to ladder but OU according to WCoP: :Volcanion:
OU according to ladder but UU according to WCoP: :Azumarill: :Cresselia: :Garchomp: :Greninja: :Sandy Shocks: :Clodsire: :Ursaluna: :Pelipper:

It's not really a surprise to see that tournament usage is less spread across different pokemons thus leads to more drops, and on the other hand that there is a bias towards "spammable" archetypes (rain, trick room, ...) in ladder usage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)