Data Usage-Based Tier Update for August 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gen 9 RU is slowly looking like Gen 8 OU rn.

Ttar, Weavile, Blissey, Slowbro all usable in the tier.

The latter three are because of moveset losses bit Ttar dropping due to Gen 9 introducing a billion fighting types, Tusk completely walling CB sets, Gambit outclassing it in everyway, tons of mons with rocks and spikes, a new rock type that is a ghost resist with reliable recovery and better bulk, Ting-Lu walling its STAB combination and being a better ghost resist, the two main ghosts easily threaten Ttar. Fairies everywhere, including Valiant who walls its STAB combination. Ttar is completely outclassed offensively and defensively, oh and it lost Drill its partner in crime. Then UU also has a bunch of fighting types and mons that easily threaten it, including Tinkaton who also walls its STAB combination.

Ttar was good in Gen 8 because it had multiple switch in opportunities and when it got those opportunities, it made progress with CB. The meta in SS was also slower which gave mons like Ttar more value. Not only is Tusk in the tier who walls the shit out of it, you can just run THE BEST POKEMON IN THE TIER a.k.a Gambit and get better results. Also tons of competition with other physical breakers like Bax, Hoopa, and offensive Tusk. Practically no reason to run Ttar rn. It doesn’t check anything nor does it perform any role that couldn’t be done by other mons. Here’s to hoping Drill comes back and Ttar gets moveset buffs that will make it worth using again.

RU kept Coalossal and Johto Typhlosion which surprised me. Thought they would for sure drop. That being said, giving NU more hazard removal is always nice. Cryogonal in particular actually looks REALLY good.

ScraftyIsTheBest

On to new Horizons!
is a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Tyranitar in RU huh.

My boy really fell so hard. Once one of the mightiest OU Pokemon and now it's in the depths of RU :psysad:

Of all of the pseudo-legendaries it truly has fallen even harder than Salamence ever has now.

I never thought I would see the day. Not only that Tyranitar has fallen from OU but now it's as low as RU of all things.

For players interested in Subzero Used, an unofficial tier below ZU, here’s what’s changed according to the 1630 ZU usage stats:

Delibird moved from SU to ZU
Dewott moved from SU to ZU
Gastly moved from SU to ZU
Glalie moved from SU to ZU
Krokorok moved from SU to ZU
Morgrem moved from SU to ZU
Pawniard moved from SU to ZU
Sandygast moved from SU to ZU
Seviper moved from SU to ZU
Slaking moved from SU to ZU
Sliggoo moved from SU to ZU
Sneasel moved from SU to ZU
Tropius moved from SU to ZU
Wigglytuff moved from SU to ZU

Bramblin moved from ZU to SU
Grimer-Alola moved from ZU to SU

Marty I noticed that Sliggoo-Hisui dropped from NU to PU for this month. I know that Sliggoo-Hisui saw usage above the threshold for ZU and PU in June when it rose to NU. I’m looking to clarify that it doesn’t drop back into NFE after having previously risen from there. Thanks!

Gen 9 RU is slowly looking like Gen 8 OU rn.

Ttar, Weavile, Blissey, Slowbro all usable in the tier.

The latter three are because of moveset losses bit Ttar dropping due to Gen 9 introducing a billion fighting types, Tusk completely walling CB sets, Gambit outclassing it in everyway, tons of mons with rocks and spikes, a new rock type that is a ghost resist with reliable recovery and better bulk, Ting-Lu walling its STAB combination and being a better ghost resist, the two main ghosts easily threaten Ttar. Fairies everywhere, including Valiant who walls its STAB combination. Ttar is completely outclassed offensively and defensively, oh and it lost Drill its partner in crime. Then UU also has a bunch of fighting types and mons that easily threaten it, including Tinkaton who also walls its STAB combination.

Ttar was good in Gen 8 because it had multiple switch in opportunities and when it got those opportunities, it made progress with CB. The meta in SS was also slower which gave mons like Ttar more value. Not only is Tusk in the tier who walls the shit out of it, you can just run THE BEST POKEMON IN THE TIER a.k.a Gambit and get better results. Also tons of competition with other physical breakers like Bax, Hoopa, and offensive Tusk. Practically no reason to run Ttar rn. It doesn’t check anything nor does it perform any role that couldn’t be done by other mons. Here’s to hoping Drill comes back and Ttar gets moveset buffs that will make it worth using again.
All of this +

*Easily the worst stat spread of any pseudo that isn't a pure Dragon type or Dragon/Steel type
*Stat spread only buoyed by getting a 50% boost to SpD
*It loses its SpD boost if it Teras
*Its typing pre-Tera is one of the defensively worst combinations in the game
*If it wants to not be chipped by its own Sandstorm, it has to Tera into a Steel type (which shares its weaknesses to Ground and Fighting) or into a Ground type (which shares its weaknesses to Grass and Water)
*If it Teras into a Ghost, Grass, or Flying type it damages itself

Tyranitar is quite possibly the worst user of Teratallization in the game.

Every time I look at the monthly stats, i hold my breath just to see if Garchomp goes down to UUBL or even lower. My god New Toy Syndrome has been tearing shit up. Please give Garchomp Dragon Dance,i know it won't help much but PLEASE bro he is STRUGGLING.
Also Clodisre is still in OU like the GOAT he is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)