Tournament Tours Plaza Premier V - Commencement thread

temp

legacy
is a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
My Personal Team Rankings
This is my opinion as a random guy.

:absol: Absolute Absolposters :absol:

Wow big surprise, I'm ranking my own team first. Yeah, honestly even if I wasn't on this team on myself, I'd rank it first. That whole 15k self-buy nerf did literally nothing.

:tinkaton: Twinleaf Tinkatons :tinkaton:

blce and gingy definitely looked to have drafted to their plan—they picked up the players they wanted and got some for good prices (like Ewin again). I think their team is moderately awkward in certain areas like the OMMs or Rands, but I'm sure they've got support in the OMMs area to help prep and test well enough. Their results will really rely on the less top-heavy players playing above their projected "value."

:litwick: Limasawa Street Litwicks :litwick:

Good team, I'd say they're pretty close in viability to the Tinkatons. They're a pretty top-heavy team, so they're in that same boat where the players that don't stand out quite as much will really have to pull their weight and pull off some upsets. There's no bad player there, but I feel like besides Axzel, LoSco and maybe Euphonos, I can't see players that I'd be predicting to win most of the weeks.

:articuno-galar: Anistar Articunos :articuno-galar:

They spent an absolutely insane amount on Fc and didn't really grab another super standout player after the fact in my opinion (closest is Chromate imo). The rest of the players I personally see going even at best if I'm being honest, though I can see players like oaklies, SpaceSpeakers, Mossy and Chromate clutching up and getting positive records. I think they're just solid enough as a team to clench the 4th spot.

:decidueye: Dave's Decidueyes :decidueye:

This is a solid team—I can potentially see them making playoffs. The problem I have when I look at the team is that their slots simply don't look strong enough individually to me? TPP and Xrn are good pickups, and I think they'll perform to their prices. I think the firepower kind of stops there though. There's a lot of potential for good performances by the other players on the squad but only if they get the right support. Just going by the draft itself, I don't see the support system for the OMMs, NDUbers, etc.

:alakazam: Alakaholics :alakazam:

They're probably tied with the Decidueyes and Articunos to me, but for a different reason than the other 2 teams. Rather than having a couple particular standout players spearheading the roster, I don't really see much of a top tier player on the Alakaholics. I think people view yuki as one of those dominant players on the team as a PiC Tier Leader, but I personally don't see a dominating performance coming from them in this pool. Some of the prices on players were odd to me—16k Fragments? 15.5k Ainz? For NDUbers? I don't know. I can see this team securing playoffs just like the other 2 teams above them—like I said, they're pretty much tied in my mind. I just don't know if there's enough synergy here to have active tests and prep in all of these different tiers, or the player quality to justify what seems like a lack of synergy.

:haxorus: Opelucid Metagame Mashers :haxorus:

We reach the "lower" end of the list here, but I still think most of the teams are pretty close together still. Sylveon will have a good record in Mystery OU, and is pretty much the player I see contending with LoSconosciuto the most in Randbats if they're slotted there. Guard is good, but I don't see this team being capable of giving him the proper and very much needed support in this tier. Karl has potential to do well for sure, but this CamoCAP pool will be tough. The rest of the players just seem kinda tough to measure— no one really screams "positive record" to me, idk.

:frosmoth: Full Moon Frosmoths :frosmoth:

For this team, I'm not seeing much of any synergy across tiers. Who's helping Don in PokeAAA, Elgino in SNM, or saba in CamoCAP? I know Concept Everything is solid in CAP, but I'm more concerned about the Camo aspect here, because Camo is much more important to understand in this tier than CAP. Piyush can definitely play to his price and have a great season, and yonmd can have a solid Rands season as well. Instruct is a PiC Tier Leader, but I'm unsure about the actual playing ability here against this pool of players what will almost definitely have similar levels of meta knowledge, though maybe not experience. No team here has an impossible path to playoffs, and the Moths are no exception. A team simply has to be ranked 8th at the end of the day.

yo please don't take these that seriously or hate me if I ranked your team "low" or said a player will go even/negative. Literally nothing is ever set in stone with these arbitrarily made rankings that are wrong 9 times out of 10.

Instead, have some words of wisdom: As we go into this season, remember two things: anyone can cook & never go full monkey Binacle Pinnacle

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)