Tournaments on PS in Little Cup!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah the tournaments can get stale, but i honestly think the best way to get around that would be innovation. i mean the tournaments should not get stale because you are playing standard, its just the teams and stuff. generally this would just mean you are playing too much pokemon or something because in our ideal world pokemon wont get stale. I guess maybe later we can try themed tournaments, but honestly until these are running smoothly with basically everyone liking how it works, I want it to stay standard. The problem is we have to make sure everyone who joins the tournament knows the rules of the specific metagame we are saying, which can lead to a whole lot of fuck ups

Also i think you are confused. Doubles metagames are extremely outlandish compared to singles where you have to use a lot of random moves that would never have been heard of in singles because of how doubles works. It is basically 100% a new metagame and is not something we should think of as a simple spin off lol. Monotype i agree its a spinoff, and honestly i can think of other ones later if i try, but thats for a later time
Yea I know what you mean lol. Although I didn't mean that Doubles was similar in terms of how it is played - I just meant that in terms of rulesets, there are no real 'extra' rules in Doubles. Other than that, yea OK I agree about Doubles now.

corkscrew only won because of that team, ugh its so difficult to beat
ggs
edit-brb proposing baton pass ban
just wait youll learn your lesson, spamming stupid broken shit
btw im not srs lol

Last edited:
LOL TORCHIC P0WR

BROKEN AF

(Btw i co-op built the team with Al_Alchemist ( who proposed torchic) and partly Ssin

But yeah srsly torchic pass is pretty broken

Soooooo, got knocked out first round and decided to try this again

PBLC10 (http://challonge.com/PBLC10KingmidasisbetterthenTCR)

T8:
QuoteCS
Swirlix/Gligar/Meditite/Timburr/Yanma/Porygon

Timurid
Bronzor/Magnemite/Timburr/Tentacool/Gligar/Gastly

Ray Jay
Mienfoo/Gligar/Pawniard/Porygon/Yanma/Slowpoke

Insanebutn0rmal
Porygon/Gligar/Swirlix/Shellos/Numel/Grimer

T4

Lunatic Lies
Swirlix/Gligar/Murkrow/Tangela/Tirtouga/Pawniard
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/pokebanklcbeta-71566468 (vs. Snowcrow)

Chauncy
Swirlix/Gligar/Meditite/Slowpoke/Gastly/Tangela
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/pokebanklcbeta-71569943 (vs. apt-get)

Final
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/pokebanklcbeta-71573380

snowcrow
Misdreavus/Swirlix/Magnetite/Gligar/Meditite/Bunnelby

apt-get
Torchic/Yanma/Gligar/Bunnelby/Meditite/Shellder

Usage:

T8

8/8 Gligar*
5/8 Swirlix
4/8 Meditite
3/8 Yanma
3/8 Porygon
2/8 Tangela*

T4
4/4 Gligar*
3/4 Meditite
2/4 Swirlix
2/4 Bunnelby
2/4 Tangela*

*=100% Retention from T8 to T4

Somethingsomething, Bunnelby pls. Gligar is silly

We have it in the LC room at pretty much random times but usually on the weekends. Just be in the room, and hopefully we host a tourney.

i've seen a few people say that these lc mini-tournaments can get stale at times (they're obviously not stale to the point where no one will play them; 13+ users are playing the lc mini-tournament being hosted in the little cup room as we speak). this does not necessarily mean that the lc metagame is stale- it means that a tournament for playing the same lc metagame isn't interesting enough to get people to stop doing whatever they're doing to play it at that given time.

to combat this, i recommend adding minor twists to these tournaments. when i say "minor twist" i mean a small restriction that you don't need to make an entirely new team for. you might need 5-10 minutes to edit a team to fit the restriction, but that's about it. some twists that follow what i mean are "no using gligar", "you have to use one of chinchou / amaura / snover" (just listed 3 random mons dont pay it any mind), or "only 1 pokemon on your team may use knock off".

Last edited:

dcae

plaza athénée
is a defending SCL Championis a Past SCL Champion
i think i mentioned this on irc, maybe not, but p much i agree that making very small changes could aid variety and shit and creativity.

lgi

Probably not allowing the suspect mons in the next couple of tournies would be a good idea. Also prem funny how you highlight a guy who hosted 1 tourney, yet I hosted 3 or 4 but no biggie.

prem

failed abortion
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Probably not allowing the suspect mons in the next couple of tournies would be a good idea. Also prem funny how you highlight a guy who hosted 1 tourney, yet I hosted 3 or 4 but no biggie.
yo dude i cant remember everyone who hosted i just remember the people who always go LETS HAVE A TOURNEY. tho soryr for that lol

Star

is a Tournament Directoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Top Tiering Contributoris a Past SPL Championis the defending RU Circuit Championis a Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
OGC & Tour Head
These are great for the community :)

oh wow 99 posts. Approaching first landmark o.O

Camden

Hey, it's me!
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
I think it's been a while since we've had regular tours going. I'll probably start hosting some more again soon. It's a great way to take a break from laddering while still being able to watch Wobby lose from hax stay competitive and have fun.

dcae

plaza athénée
is a defending SCL Championis a Past SCL Champion
i won another one a couple weeks ago, the one ehere eo sneaked in under an alt. ill see if i can find the shit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)