The World Cup of Pokemon IV - Round 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got back from 8 days of survival training. Contacted Ahren and Sebastian--tried to get them done before friday last week but w/e. Should have these done in the next two days. And don't worry central, all that I did while I was evading in the woods was theorymon matches xD

Jackal

I'm not retarded I'm Canadian it's different
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
still, i think the fact that he could sac any pokemon, send out tenta with choice scarf ice beam and sweep barring a miss due to sand veil is reason enough.

Sorry for bringing the discussion up again, but the battle was anything but decided when it came to the freeze. Gliscor was at full hp, so an Ice beam of that Tentacruel isnt going to ohko anytime soon unless it crits, whereas earthquake certainly kills. add the 20% miss chance due to sand veil and the fact that gliscor outspeeds the rest of cremos team, while beeing able to heal up again and it would be a stupid idea to send in Tentacruel. Now ive read the argument that Bronzong could just outstall Gliscor. This, however is impossible because Gliscor still has 10 toxic pp, 17 taunt pp, 11 roost pp and 10 eq pp, so 48 in total. Bronzong on the other hand had only 6 toxic and 10 protect pp, both moves which are prohibited by taunt. Cremo kinda could outstall sapi with a lot of properly predicted switches in a row, but if sapi switches in Latias on hippowdown, Bronzong, and other move but an ice beam of latias he would gain the upper hand again. Furthermore, Latias is fay away from beeing on low hp, it has 76% left, and would loose an additional 18% the turn it switches in. The only pokemon outspeeding it is Tentacruel, who was sitting at 70%, and losing another 12% the turn it enters and 6% every turn to sandstream. the rest of the team stands no chance against latias, only the poison could potentially kill latias, a fact that could be prevented by prediction.

I cant 100% certainly say who would win the match, and as the technical circumstandes made it impossible to continue the match, i would highly appreciate a rematch. Normally I wouldnt make so much trouble about a single match, but the fact that this match decides about germanys advancing into the next round of the pokemon world cup, and the unjustified decision of the tournament holders made me post this wall of text :D
Even if Sapi didnt play to great, and got kinda lucky sometimes,i think he deserves a rematch. Its not like you interrupt a soccer game in the 80th minute when one team is leading 4:0, even though its near impossible for the other team to even the score.

P.S. What´s the purpose of a timer if it has no effect if yout let it run out? :o

Thanks for reading my post even if its written in 11th class school english :P

greetz

Light-Kun and me were down to 1-1 and he DCed :s Well, he would've outstalled me so it's his win, even though he was kinda lucky throughout the whole game and sleep talk always did exactly what he wanted lol. gg

Indra

DACODBOSS
is a Past WCoP Champion
I got d/ced when it was 1-1 but i was going to win. Purpleweezing gave me the win though.

very good game! Thanks for the win after the stupid d/c >_>

Jackal

is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I watched the PW vs light-kun game and it is 100% sure that light-kun would win. I want to thank PW for being a classy guy about that, despite the hax.

With that loss I am fairly certain Germany is eliminated either way, so I am not sure it is worth arguing the Sapi vs Cremo game any further... You have made decent arguments I suppose but I hate theorymon a lot and how can we be sure Sapientia would make all the "best possible" moves when he made a lot of less than optimal moves all game prior to the DC? No one can be sure how a battle will go in the heat of the moment, people make dumb choices.

My decision stands, especially now that the decision does not have a big impact on overall standings anyways.

lol just calm down. it doesn't even matter. and if it did, more things had to go sapienta's way than creamo's way. on the other hand, thanks for revealing everyones team

Shiv

mostly harmless
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Two-Time Past WCoP Champion
[00:14:19] <&Jackal> shiv can you post telling them to shut up
[00:14:21] <&Jackal> xD
[00:14:28] <&Jackal> i hate being the bad guy

just so you know who the bad guy is.

anyway, i can't make the call on it personally but i trust jackal's judgement. especially now that germany are out either way, i don't think we need to look into it again.

i'm sorry for there being controversy like this but we had to take a call and we thought it was the best decision in this case. people need to suck it up and move on. sad to see germany go out though, they're an awesomely unpredictable/fun team to have in the tournament!

Jackal

im no bad guy...

But yeah like I said, there are certian things that had to go both players way, but at this point I think we've beaten a dead horse. My decision stands, I don't want to see any more posts about it at all. They will be deleted and infracted.

It sucks that this is how Germany had to go out, but as I said before with PW's loss it cements it anyways. I hope you come back next year with no hard feelings, we love having you!

Good bye, stop asia + canada as soon as possible and prepare to get steamrolled next year! At least the team trials are in German hands :D
edit: jackal stop lying, you are a bad CANADIAN guy

don't forget about luxembourg, i'm the mvp in our team!

/end of offtopic

i just wish that neither french, italia nor asia win, kick them out and i'm happy :s

Germany failed =(

Well, I'm looking forward to see some awesome Battles in the next round, next year, we will strike back 8) hopefully...

SoT

I leave and they change my avatar to this?
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I won 1-0 despite 3 crits in his favor and absolutely no luck for me.

gg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)