The World Cup of Pokemon IV - Round 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pirika

O boxeador revolucionário
is an Artist Alumnus
He said Tentacruel had choice scarf becausa Trick. It could outspeed and KO Gliscor, but someone should do the calculations.

Sapientia

Wir knutschen
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
If course it can, but there are rocks up, sandstorm and his tenta has no recover
My other Pokemon was latias, who can take Tentas Surf and tenta can't switch in very often

I don't know Cremo's team, except for what I can see from your battle's log. You just had Gliscor and a poisoned Latias with a very little hp left. You tricked a Scarf to Cremo's Tentacruel: he could have sent it just after you did the 5-2 kill and sweep you with Ice Beam. If he didn't have Ice Beam, he could simply have used Surf and ko Gliscor and Latias before he uses Recover. Or, he could have used Explosion with the Pokémon he sent in the lategame and then kill Gliscor or stallown Latias. Or, he could have used Toxic on your Gliscor: you had already used 16 Taunts, and he got lots of Toxic. :o
I hate theorymon and I hate talking about these things. But lol "He couldn't beat gliscor" doesn't sound really good to me :\

196 Atk vs 189 Def & 354 HP (95 Base Power): 212 - 252 (59.89% - 71.19%)
(smogon splits)

I dont want to spoil teams, but I read the log and I just dont see Cremo's advantage.
Of course its 2-5, but only Tentacruel can possibly hurt Gliscor (which is at full health), which is able to OHKO it with STAB Earthquake.

Sapientia won by TimeOut and gets punished now for continuing the game?

It would be very nice if Jackal could tell us the reason for giving Cremo the win, because we really dont understand it.

Taylor

i am alien
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Matches should continue regardless of whether or not timers have expired. I've seen many matches where one or even both players run down their timers in World Cup matches and the game has continued; it should be no different in this case, and it should have no effect on the outcome.

This point doesn't matter since all World Cup matches continue even if the timer runs out. Timer is no excuse to call a match.

Edit: Big Taylor beat me to it.

Pirika

O boxeador revolucionário
is an Artist Alumnus
Accord to Cremo he timed out because Shoddy froze. Considering that he was winning 5-2 there's no reason he would lie about it.

Gliscor lost 33/80 PPs and he couldn't switch out because Latias had got a too little hp left, was poisoned and there were the Sandstorm and the Stealth Rock. He could just stall you until the Struggle, or send in Tentacruel after some EQs, Toxic it after some Taunts, simply stall with the ground poke after some Toxic. If, deciding to not use Tentacruel, could be difficult killing a Gliscor, what could have do Gliscor against his entire team lol?

However, Cremo's battling window stopped working when he was playing. It wasn't about time. He simply couldn't do anything after a perfect battle, after he missed 4/5 hydro pumps, just before the final sweep :x

Have to go, byes

And if you consider that the battle wasn't decided at all?
One or two correct predicts and Sapientia would've won it.

august

you’re a voice that never sings
is a Community Leaderis a Tiering Contributoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis the 8th Smogon Classic Winnerwon the 5th Official Smogon Tournamentis a Five-Time Past WCoP Champion
OGC Leader
And if you consider that the battle wasn't decided at all?
One or two correct predicts and Sapientia would've won it.
Why would Cremo try to outpredict him if all he had to do was oustall Gliscor's pp?

locopoke

Banned deucer.
To be quite honest I don't see why this is still going on. It was 5-2 and now people are claiming that Latias was poisoned and Gliscor had low PP. I can't imagine how cremo could've lost at that point. Also, even though Timed Battle must be enabled it still doesn't matter if somebody's time runs out so don't try to play that card.

Blue Kirby

Never back down.
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Can you guys back off and let Jackal and Shiv do the talking? You can argue about this until you're blue in the face, but at the end of the day, none of you are running this tournament - it's not your call. With that in mind, it'd be great if you all stopped creating such a drama over one match.

It's not up to you to decide, so stop acting like it is.

If, deciding to not use Tentacruel, could be difficult killing a Gliscor, what could have do Gliscor against his entire team lol?
Kill C/T/C with Earthquake
Get H/B to a switchout by using Taunt.

august said:
Why would Cremo try to outpredict him if all he had to do was oustall Gliscor's pp?
Because a correct Latias-switch-in+Recover would bring Sapientia back into the game.

Blue_Kirby said:
With that in mind, it'd be great if you all stopped creating such a drama over one match.
For Germany it's the whole tournament.

But I'll stop right now and hope, that Jackal explains his decision.

matty

I did stuff a long time ago for the site
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Oi, all of you stop. Jackal already handed down his decision. There is no discussion here. Bickering about spilled milk and "could have beens" isn't going to change anything.

Drop it -_-

EDIT: Nvm, BK beat me to it like the resposible Admin he is.

Sapientia

Wir knutschen
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
The point is just, that I don't understand Jackal's decision, because I have an answer to all of his pokemon, while he doesn't have against mine lol
He can't outstall Gliscors PP, because
His fire pokemon gets ohkoed by Earthquake
His steel pokemon struggles after at least 5 turns
His ground pokemon dies to toxic
Tenta gets screwed by Latias (it can take 2 surfs and recover up again)
and his grasspokemon can't attack me
You don't need any "could have beens", you just need to analyze the situation
The only possibilty for cremo to win is to poison Gliscor. Here he needs perfect prediction and considering toxics 85% accuracy and sand veil, even if he has perfect prediction he can't poison me for sure
Also the 5-2 score, is just because I sacrifized my whole team to dumbness
Additionally Latias is a problem for him after his Steelpokemon without Leftovers or any other recover that can't touch Latias dies...

But whatever, I don't want any more discussion, what's also the reason, why I didn't post anything before, I just wanted to point this out and I'd be glad if someone could tell my cremo would win this for sure :/

SoT

I leave and they change my avatar to this?
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Okay, this is getting annoying. It's basically germans trying to get a free win, and the Latin American's (i think), trying to defend a win they seemingly had in the books.

and he has a scarf tentacruel with ice beam? Why can he not just sac a pokemon, send in the tentacruel, kill gliscor and your poisoned latias (who has very little hp as mentioned above?)

edit: haha i don't even wanna know what the moveset is x__x,

Tentacruel (M) @ Black Sludge (then Choice Scarf)
Ability: Liquid Ooze
EVs: 252 HP/120 Def/136 SDef
Calm nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Rapid Spin
- Knock Off

End of discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)