The World Cup of Pokémon 2019 - Semifinals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just posting to get free likes publicly express my gratitude to european managers and players for having been fooled by some of my tour wins and thinking that I am good lol trusting me to be part of the wonderful team. Had lots of fun in this tournament and despite not achieving much myself (although I am THE ONLY MAN who has defeated Essence) I leave Wcop proud of meeting many nice people and Ricardo. Hope next year with SS we all become nazis have better luck and Team Europe takes the pixeled trophy! :blobthumbsup:

phosphor

ghosts appear and fade away
is a Top Tutoris a Community Leader
B101 Leader
Conflict vs Oristeros - Conflict played a great game last round despite being disadvantaged not able to get rocks up vs a team with both Dragonite and Gyarados, and albeit he got a bit lucky he clinched a great win trading Tyranitar for Tentacruel in a series of bold moves. Meanwhile, Oristeros got outplayed pretty hard last round, and I'm not sure here is where he'll bounce back.

Posho vs Rewer - Closer than it seems. Rewer went 2-0 in playoffs last SPL, including a finals win where he showed all he needed to play a good game was less bad luck and a non-sketchy team. Posho's gotten a bit predictable, that mini Ferro-war he had with SoulWind last round where he was primed to let Tenta safely in was one I'd expected him to win like a year or two ago. But he's still Posho, and that name can always win.

SM OU: blarghlfarghl vs Relous
SM OU: z0mOG vs menci
SM OU: lax vs ict
SM OU: Zepherox vs xray
ORAS OU: craing ;_; vs CrashinBoomBang
BW OU: Oristeros vs Conflict
DPP OU: Philip7086 vs Fakes
ADV OU: undisputed vs Melle2402
GSC OU: Lavos vs FriendOfMrGolem120
RBY OU: rozes vs Lusch

US West (6) vs Germany (4)

SM OU: blarghlfarghl vs Relous - I'm sure west will load some random cheese again trying to fish mu, but I reckon relous is a more powerful pilot.
SM OU: z0mOG vs menci - z0mog has been really impressive of late and i think his team building skills will take advantage of menci's limited team choices. Win or lose, I'm sure he has some powerful meme to unleash upon menci so hes always a winner really
SM OU: lax vs ict - Laxoat cant be stopped
SM OU: Zepherox vs xray - Mushmonkey seems to be a powerful meme at the moment but I've never seen him play, gotta give it to the veteran xray
ORAS OU: craing ;_; vs CrashinBoomBang - I am ben gay's number 1 fan!! Definitely a highlight match. Oras is ben gays strongest tier and I reckon he will have excellent matchup this game. I trust him not to choke again as long as he doesnt play last.
BW OU: Oristeros vs Conflict - Conflict is always a pleasure to behold.
DPP OU: Philip7086 vs Fakes = 3-0, gg
ADV OU: undisputed vs Melle2402 - Melle2402 is actually decent but undisputed is one of the best in the tier rn
GSC OU: Lavos vs FriendOfMrGolem120 - Time for lavos to reveal that he is actually MrGolem120, causing FOMG to break down in tears and time out
RBY OU: rozes vs Lusch - its rby so they are both losers really, lusch has more experience tho.

Latin America (2) vs Brazil (8)

SM OU: Gondra vs Kratosmana - Anti wins as long as he doesnt load venemoth
SM OU: Leo vs HANTSUKI - Leo is actually not bad while I've never seen hantsuki play current gen
SM OU: ZDen vs Eternal Spirit - ES is definitely bouncing back here
SM OU: Yvettee vs Tamahome - Beating jimmy in gsc is not easy, predicting tama to ride this momentum
ORAS OU: Lusa vs Nintendi - This guy is heat, stay prepped for volcarona lads
BW OU: Posho vs Rewer - Rewer has proved he can pilot a team well in bw, while posho is in bad form right now.
DPP OU: Lycans vs Hyogafodex - This tier is a coinflip but lycans haxed malekith and didnt say sorry, hope he gets SMASHED. Furthermore, he STOLE my name and deserves to lose just for that
ADV OU: CyberOdin vs elodin - Honestly I havent watched much of these guys games but ppl seem hyped over cyberodin and I kinda want LA to not lose as badly as I've been predicting so far
GSC OU: Raichy vs Century Express - Raichys luck has to run out at some point surely
RBY OU: Vileman vs Caetano93 - This guy lucked metalgross twice, and unlike gsc, luck in rby is basically the same as skill

Finchinator

-OUTL
is a Tournament Directoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Championis the defending OU Circuit Championis a Two-Time Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
OU Leader
US West (6) vs Germany (4)

SM OU: blarghlfarghl (49) vs (51) Relous - Both are ok, but just ok. blargh executed a simple gameplan well last round whereas Relous has been kind of all over the place, so normally I would favor blargh slightly. However, I got a feeling Relous will bring a pretty solid team or rain whereas I have no clue what West will cook up, so that makes me feel a bit more secure with Relous. Can really go either way though.
SM OU: z0mOG (65) vs (35) menci - z0m is better. menci has looked poor compared to how much he hyped himself up and has misplayed most of his games. If you take away some real weird moments in his games, sure he shows some promise, but those are impossible to ignore imo. You know you're getting someone who is at least competent with z0m, so if he brings a dark resist he should win.
SM OU: lax (75) vs (25) ict
SM OU: Zepherox (30) vs (70) xray - Mush is a funny dude, but I don't think he's much better than a 1600 ladder player from what I have seen. Should be pretty routine for xray if he uses a proper team, which he neglected to do during qualifiers at one point, so I guess there's some hope for West. It is playoffs though and xray has some experience here, so hopefully he won't fuck around.
ORAS OU: craing ;_; (49) vs (51) CrashinBoomBang - CBB's called too many people out over the last 4 or so years of not playing too much to not be able to win a big game here. He'll figure out a way to win for his own good, especially after craing's last showing being what it was.
BW OU: Oristeros (55) vs (45) Conflict - Both have used some really weird teams, but made some strong plays. Both of them forgot speed control against me, too. Fuck that shit. Anyway, Oristeros is someone I am really high on when it comes to in-game execution, so if he brings something that covers the normal things that should be covered, I expect him to win. Conflict is a bit more likely to perform with unconventional stuff perhaps, so keep an eye out for that and him to make some nice aggressive plays once he gets a feel for the game. Overall, this is super tight, could go either way. Enjoy watching both and hope for a good one.
DPP OU: Philip7086 (60) vs (40) Fakes - Phil won two last round, so it's hard to go against him here. Fakes is solid and all, but Phil seems to be in great form atm.
ADV OU: undisputed (65) vs (35) Melle2402 - Sweaty fingers got a lot of reason to be sweating here. Undi got more experience and history winning. Gotta favor him here.
GSC OU: Lavos (70) vs FriendOfMrGolem120 (30) - Can't predict against Lavos in GSC rn. Odds perpetually set at chance of Thunder for good measure.
RBY OU: rozes (35) vs (65) Lusch

---

Latin America (4) vs Brazil (6)

SM OU: Gondra (45) vs (55) KratosMana - Both friends and could go either way. I think Anti is a bit better, but he's also a bit more likely to use complete nonsense, so who knows really. EDIT: dumbass brought a Meloetta :facepalm:
SM OU: Leo (51) vs (49) HANTSUKI - Leo has a pretty meh record now, but he got lucked to shit by Frania and faced Lax+Trosko, so I'm not ready to dismiss him quite yet, especially given how well his timely aggression went over vs Hayburner and Frania in my book. Suki has been all over the place, but no clue how well he will do in SM, so I will go with what I know over what I do not.
SM OU: ZDen (51) vs (49) Eternal Spirit - Gut pick -- I know it's a bit of an upset. ZDen has pulled out a number of improbable wins through some strong play and team choices. Eternal Spirit is not quite at his peak of 2018 atm I feel. He's still strong and has a really developed style, but I think ZDen will take this one in a nailbiter. Very curious to see team choices.
SM OU: Yvettee (35) vs (65) Tamahome - Yvettee uses insane teams and can be aggressive, so always gotta give him an outside shot, but Tamahome is just flat out better in every regard. Not much to debate here.
ORAS OU: Lusa (35) vs (65) Nintendi - Nintendi seems to be in fine form. Lusa is pretty decent, but idk if ORAS is necessarily his best generation and I'm not sure he can beat Nintendi barring a favorable MU, which I don't trust LA to get here.
BW OU: Posho (55) vs (45) Rewer - Posho is struggling to win games, but Brazil's BW is perpetually struggling. Rewer is their third attempt at solving the problems encountered in BW, but he has never been too impressive. He held his own in SPL playoffs, winning a couple of important games, but a lot of that was thanks to strong MU and just not misplaying. He's going to need to show a bit more than that to come out on top against Posho if he's even close to in form. We will have to see what is up with Posho here, honestly. If he's in ok shape, he will be the clear favorite. If not, who knows what will happen.
DPP OU: Lycans (55) vs (45) Hyogafodex
ADV OU: CyberOdin (45) vs (55) elodin
GSC OU: Raichy (40) vs (60) Century Express - Impressive run from Raichy, but CE is still solid and more experienced. I think he will take it, but idk GSC and Raichy has won everything so far, so maybe I'm wrong.
RBY OU: Vileman (45) vs (55) Caetano93 - :blobshrug:

US West (1) vs Germany (9)

SM OU: blarghlfarghl vs Relous
SM OU: z0mOG vs menci
SM OU: lax vs ict
SM OU: Zepherox vs xray
ORAS OU: craing ;_; vs CrashinBoomBang
BW OU: Oristeros vs Conflict
DPP OU: Philip7086 vs Fakes
ADV OU: undisputed vs Melle2402
GSC OU: Lavos vs FriendOfMrGolem120
RBY OU: rozes vs Lusch

Latin America (3) vs Brazil (7)

SM OU: Gondra vs KratosMana
SM OU: Leo vs HANTSUKI
SM OU: ZDen vs Eternal Spirit
SM OU: Yvettee vs Tamahome
ORAS OU: Lusa vs Nintendi
BW OU: Posho vs Rewer
DPP OU: Lycans vs Hyogafodex
ADV OU: CyberOdin vs elodin
GSC OU: Raichy vs Century Express
RBY OU: Vileman vs Caetano93

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)