The Workshop

IoSonoNeon

The Fallen King
is a Tutoris an Artistis a Tiering Contributor
Requester: Isaiah
Tournament name: Almost Any Ability Premier League I
Projected Deadline (Sign-Up thread goes live): July 23rd earliest, could be July 30th
Art Direction: Only mandatory things are that it should have "AAAPL" and a Zapdos in it (if it can somehow have primordial sea and/or magic bounce in art form, that would be neat); other Pokemon that could be used for additional inspiration are Desolate Land Heatran, Aerilate Noivern, and an Intimidating Corviknight
Request made: July 12th
I can take this

Last edited:

LouisCyphre

heralds disaster.
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributor
there's no harm in trying, right?

Requester: Lou (me)
For: BBP's Safari Zone OP.
Art Direction: A landscape scene depicting an untamed biome, far from modern civilization, where adventure and rare Pokemon await.

The eyecatch in the linked post (from FRLG's Safari Zone) is a good example for the size, shape, and function. We'd like something that entices readers with the promise of exploration and wonder. Showcasing a remote, difficult to access climate or habitat helps reinforce the themes of the facility (attrition, item management). Depictions of human presence should be either temporary (explorers, vehicles) or in disuse (ruins, weathered roads). Depictions of Pokemon can be included to-taste, but the emphasis should be on the location itself.

A landscape request is pretty far removed from a lot of workshop output, but I hope that makes this request interesting instead of daunting.

I hope offering composition examples isn't out of line. I'm struggling to phrase this in just words.
These aren't binding examples (that is, we aren't asking you to touch up one of these exact frames only). Any biome that you feel makes a compelling eyecatch will work wonderfully, so long as it is sufficiently unspoiled.

1690410798241.png

Pissog

ولكل سؤال كانت فلسطين هي الجواب
is a Top Artist

Art Direction: A landscape scene depicting an untamed biome, far from modern civilization, where adventure and rare Pokemon await.

The eyecatch in the linked post (from FRLG's Safari Zone) is a good example for the size, shape, and function. We'd like something that entices readers with the promise of exploration and wonder. Showcasing a remote, difficult to access climate or habitat helps reinforce the themes of the facility (attrition, item management). Depictions of human presence should be either temporary (explorers, vehicles) or in disuse (ruins, weathered roads). Depictions of Pokemon can be included to-taste, but the emphasis should be on the location itself.

A landscape request is pretty far removed from a lot of workshop output, but I hope that makes this request interesting instead of daunting.

I hope offering composition examples isn't out of line. I'm struggling to phrase this in just words.
These aren't binding examples (that is, we aren't asking you to touch up one of these exact frames only). Any biome that you feel makes a compelling eyecatch will work wonderfully, so long as it is sufficiently unspoiled.

View attachment 537975
Taking this!

RavioliQueen

can you spare me a cup of coffee?
is an Artist
Requester: Frozoid
Tournament name: Ubers Seasonal
Projected Deadline (Sign-Up thread goes live): Signup thread goes live july 17th but we need it at max by week 2 (around 30th july)
Art Direction: would love to have notable ubers pokemon ( for example: koraidon, miraidon, etc) with "Ubers Seasonal" written on it.
please and thank you!
done!

IMakeNoSense

hey it's that one guy who makes art
is a Pre-Contributor
Requester: Hiusi guy
For: 350 Cup om banner art
Art direction: A track field with voltorb-h racing regieleki and Voltorb winning, staraivia and talonflame flying together, and meditite flexing on palafin-heron in the background.
Please and thank you :)
WIP of the 350 Cup Banner!
421DE008-2857-430E-A3DC-C2AF20ED8AB8.jpeg

Been "putting it off" for a while but hoo boy the OMotM is on hot pursuit and 350's in the lead so its crunch time

Lily

it's in my blood
is a Tutoris a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staffis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Senior Staff Member Alumnus
UU Leader
Requester: Lily
For: SV UU Viability Rankings
Art Direction: A Tinkaton happily riding a Hisuian Arcanine with its hammer in the air like a knight on a horse would be so cool if it's possible!! Other than that, just want it to say SV UU Viability Rankings (or just UU Viability Rankings if it's easier) somewhere, maybe on the hammer or on like, a drape over the Arcanine or something. Elesewhere works too if you have a better idea.

Thank you so much!! If there's anything you'd like to ask for clarification feel free to PM me on Discord @ drilbur :D

Requester: Chessking345
Tournament name: Balanced Hackmons Redefined Money Tournament
Projected Deadline (Sign-Up thread goes live): No earlier than this Sunday August 13th
Art Direction: Any direction is fine. Some high tier Pokemon (that are unlikely to be banned during the tour) include Mega Diancie (I think fits well too?), Primal Kyogre, Arceus-formes, Imposter Chansey, and Miraidon.

Last edited:
Requester: Chessking345
Tournament name: Balanced Hackmons Redefined Money Tournament
Projected Deadline (Sign-Up thread goes live): No earlier than this Sunday August 13th
Art Direction: Any direction is fine. Some high tier Pokemon (that are unlikely to be banned during the tour) include Mega Diancie (I think fits well too?), Primal Kyogre, Arceus-formes, Imposter Chansey, and Miraidon.
I can handle this one, please let me know the exact deadline when you decide on it

Requester: BigFatMantis
Tournament name: ADV "RU" Tournament
Projected Deadline (Sign-Up thread goes live): Probablyy Sunday August 20th
Art Direction: Any direction you want as long as there's a Camerupt and a Sharpedo somewhere. Just please make sure the "RU" is in quotation marks so as to not mistake it for a real tier.

Requester: BigFatMantis
Tournament name: ADV "RU" Tournament
Projected Deadline (Sign-Up thread goes live): Probablyy Sunday August 20th
Art Direction: Any direction you want as long as there's a Camerupt and a Sharpedo somewhere. Just please make sure the "RU" is in quotation marks so as to not mistake it for a real tier.
i'll take this

Last edited:

Steorra

nya smells
is a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
Discord Leader
Requester: Kaede
Tournament name: National Dex Premier League
Projected Deadline (Sign-Up thread goes live): Sunday August 20th but whenever is fine
Art Direction: Would like a mon popular in each featured tier in it; ie mega lopunny, rillaboom, sandy shocks, iron moth, and mega gyarados

Last edited:

Gummy

...three, smiles go for miles!
Requester: Kaede
Tournament name: National Dex Premier League
Projected Deadline (Sign-Up thread goes live): Sunday August 20th but whenever is fine
Art Direction: Would like a mon popular in each featured tier in it; ie mega lopunny, rillaboom, sandy shocks, iron moth, and mega gyarados
taking this!

Pissog

ولكل سؤال كانت فلسطين هي الجواب
is a Top Artist

View attachment 537975
Done! That was a fun one :3
Illustration140 (1).png

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)