The Well #83 - CaffeineBoost? [DONE] [NOT A WIP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

CaffeineBoost

6th Best Circus Poster of 2023
is a Community Contributor
"A stranger is being shown around a village that he has just become part of. He is shown a well and his guide says "On any day except Tuesday, you can shout any question down that well and you'll be told the answer." The man seems pretty impressed, and so he shouts down, "Why not on Tuesday?" A voice from in the well shouts back, "Because on Tuesday, it's your day in the well."

(Not to be confused with hit RPG The Well #-1 - ?????)

Who is CaffeineBoost?
I'm a nearly decade long Smogon Forum user which means I originally logged onto this site when I was 15, and dear god I've seen some of my previous threads and it shows.
I hosted the 2nd Sunset Colosseum Tournament somewhere in the tournaments subforum and honestly wouldn't mind doing hosting a 3rd. Despite this, the main reason I have a community contributor badge is the cc1v1 tournament I hosted in here, which I'm proud of for different reasons.
Other "contributions" (that's an official term for "diatribe") I've made to this website include Bet Your Avatar, Round 11 - Will the Real Sprigatito Please Stand Up? (which I won) and various Circus Maximus stints where I distract from my complete lack of understanding of the game by being loud.
When I'm not managing the posting point economy, I'm working in an actuarial job (where I'm more responsible with the management of real life posting points, I swear). I also shift between a bunch of hobbies, currently enjoying board games like Blood on the Clocktower (you may find me on twitch.tv/pattersttv as a guest player sometimes) and on the fringe of relapsing into Yu-Gi-Oh! or Pokemon Draft League (look, the GBA and PPL both came back and it has given me a goddamn itch).

Oh great poster of the well, impart to us your wisdom!
Idk, ask me stuff. That's the point of this entire well, THROW ME YOUR PENNIES AND MAKE YOUR WISHES!

How many Caffeine you consume In a day? Perhaps even… a week? Even more beyond… the Fortnight??

HYCYB - divulge Thine Meaning

Wow. yugiOh player. Who win??? rick Andmorty fromtv show Rick and morty OR yugi Oh from acclaimed card battling anime Yugioh.?

What is Favouritebeverage

top 4 cities in The world

favorite Canada user???

"A stranger is being shown around a village that he has just become part of. He is shown a well and his guide says "On any day except Tuesday, you can shout any question down that well and you'll be told the answer." The man seems pretty impressed, and so he shouts down, "Why not on Tuesday?" A voice from in the well shouts back, "Because on Tuesday, it's your day in the well."

(Not to be confused with hit RPG The Well #-1 - ?????)

Who is CaffeineBoost?
I'm a nearly decade long Smogon Forum user which means I originally logged onto this site when I was 15, and dear god I've seen some of my previous threads and it shows.
I hosted the 2nd Sunset Colosseum Tournament somewhere in the tournaments subforum and honestly wouldn't mind doing hosting a 3rd. Despite this, the main reason I have a community contributor badge is the cc1v1 tournament I hosted in here, which I'm proud of for different reasons.
Other "contributions" (that's an official term for "diatribe") I've made to this website include Bet Your Avatar, Round 11 - Will the Real Sprigatito Please Stand Up? (which I won) and various Circus Maximus stints where I distract from my complete lack of understanding of the game by being loud.

THROW ME YOUR PENNIES AND MAKE YOUR WISHES!
Idk, ask me stuff. That's the point of this entire well, THROW ME YOUR PENNIES AND MAKE YOUR WISHES!
wow They really Give the cc badge out?? Forthat. Much congratulation

i am Wishing deeply That Finchinator return my badge… perhap He evengive Me the pre contribution badge, yea??? For i Make many post. And join many Council. And Qc the analysis. I am Dreaming Of electric Badge… nOw you know. I do not dream of Electric sheep.

Attachments

CaffeineBoost

What was your long-term goal with self nominating had I not rigged the poll to stay out of the well since I was busy this week
Get people to say "There goes that CaffeineBoost, nominating himself again, voting for himself again." in future well threads.

hi lady salamence
This is NOT the Lady Salamence well, please wait.

How many Caffeine you consume In a day? Perhaps even… a week? Even more beyond… the Fortnight??

HYCYB - divulge Thine Meaning

Wow. yugiOh player. Who win??? rick Andmorty fromtv show Rick and morty OR yugi Oh from acclaimed card battling anime Yugioh.?

What is Favouritebeverage

top 4 cities in The world

favorite Canada user???
0, I am not Marilyn Manson.

I don't know what fate could be worse. Being forced to spend an eternity of eternities rotting away in the 10th circle of hell, the Shadow Realm, or being forced to watch 1 episode of Rick and Morty. I think I'd probably mill myself (that's a yugioh joke for you)

FavouriteBeverage is my weird cousin, please ignore any posts they make.

Longyearbyen, Qaanaaq, Grise Fiord, Resolute

Terrance

Do you have Prince Albert in a can?
Where I stick my Prince Albert is none of your business.

CaffeineBoost

What helped create your burning sharp wit? Any big Posters from ye olden days you looked to for inspiration?
a shepherd was walking in the desert, looking for a restroom

he encountered a lonely seer and asked

"oh great seer, where can i find a water closet in these troubling times?"

it did not take the seer long to answer

"in the hardest of times, you need only the toughest of bladders"

the shepherd thought long and hard about this advice

one day, as he was pissing in a portable toilet, the answer hit him

"My wit must become the way my piss feels, sharp and burning."

whats your elo?
I have TREE(3) posting points.

-why did u leave mf studoous
-will u return to mf studis
server limit
invite me back

How are your Thought on the Tera stal machenic of the Pokemon new games??
In Bakugan, players roll spheres of one of six elements onto a magnetic card, upon which the sphere will pop open to reveal a monster design, aka a Bakugan. While each individual Bakugan species could become available in a variety of powers and elements, they were always fixed in their values with the exception of some gimmicks. This was until Bakugan introduced Traps, non-spherical Bakugan that worked in the exact same way with the exception of rolling. These Traps could be dropped upon the magnetic card, where it would open and reveal several elemental symbols allowing you to change the elemental power of your Bakugan. One of these traps was tetrahedral in shape, and became lodged in my ass 1 week after buying it. Every time my Dragonite terastalises into a pure Flying type to acquire a reliable Flying STAB, I can feel the jagged points of the pyramid in places I didn't know existed.

how does it feel being the honest to god, hand on heart, no strings attached best user on this forum?
I don't know, you should ask NoSwing373494846464494.

Voltage

OTTN5
is a Pre-Contributor
Hey pard, questions for you:

- With TREE(3) posting points, and the fact that you are an actuary, do you believe in the generous gifting of posting points across the society of smogoff as a whole, or do you think this could potentially upset the entire economic stability and viability of posting points as a whole?
- With actuarial work, do you find yourself worn out by the idea of using more brain power for a hobby such as mons after what I can only assume is a pretty mentally draining job during the regular work day?
- What is your favorite and least favorite role to play in Blood on the Clocktower?
- Are there any other games similar to blood on the Clocktower you'd recommend? (I am partial to 2 Rooms and A Boom myself)
- Do you think these simulated reality role games like blood on the Clocktower vary from playing in an online space to a real-life, in-person space? If so, how? If not, why?
- Also, how does actuarial work at all translate to skill when playing mons or these simulated role experience games, if at all?
- given your age and being born in what some people (posters) have coined "Generation Fucked", do you find that the world (smogoff) you've inherited from the previous generation (of posters) is ultimately beyond saving? Or do you think that we (posters) who were born in the years between '96 and '00 actually have a chance to reverse the course that our world (smogoff) is headed?

CaffeineBoost

favorite f00d?
It's a toss up between Currys and PC World.

How much does caffeine, in fact, boost you?
That's it. Where are you? We're gonna have a chat. A little talk. We're going to the woods. Just a conversation.

Hey pard, questions for you:

- With TREE(3) posting points, and the fact that you are an actuary, do you believe in the generous gifting of posting points across the society of smogoff as a whole, or do you think this could potentially upset the entire economic stability and viability of posting points as a whole?
- With actuarial work, do you find yourself worn out by the idea of using more brain power for a hobby such as mons after what I can only assume is a pretty mentally draining job during the regular work day?
- What is your favorite and least favorite role to play in Blood on the Clocktower?
- Are there any other games similar to blood on the Clocktower you'd recommend? (I am partial to 2 Rooms and A Boom myself)
- Do you think these simulated reality role games like blood on the Clocktower vary from playing in an online space to a real-life, in-person space? If so, how? If not, why?
- Also, how does actuarial work at all translate to skill when playing mons or these simulated role experience games, if at all?
- given your age and being born in what some people (posters) have coined "Generation Fucked", do you find that the world (smogoff) you've inherited from the previous generation (of posters) is ultimately beyond saving? Or do you think that we (posters) who were born in the years between '96 and '00 actually have a chance to reverse the course that our world (smogoff) is headed?
If the posting point economy collapses, then please inform your local Dungeon Master that the DM inspiration economy is gonna have a real bad time.

This is actually the one thing holding me back from straight up joining a draft league again. I put in a lot of time into teambuilding for those things but I've found out that I tire very easily and fear I could burn myself out by going from my spreadsheet-centric job to a spreadsheet-centric hobby, all while trying to learn the intricacies of Gen 9's format like what the new mons do, adapting to the widespread culling of utility moves like Knock Off and Toxic on a bunch of Pokemon, Terastalisation which despite my previous answer about it can actually be a pain in the ass to prep around unless the draft leagues impose a rule on it, which tbf most of them do.
So yeah, I'd say I do find myself worn out by the idea of it, in as much as I find myself worn out at the idea of starting again having gathered a generation's worth of rust.

For the most part, I like to be unimportant evil, important good. If I'm a Demon then I tend to want to have a contingency available to me (e.g Scarlet Woman or Pit-Hag), if I'm a Minion I tend to want to be either unimportant with my ability (Baron or Spy for example pretty much finish their job after N1) or something that can lead to creative ways of playing (Pit-Hag or any of the execution based roles). As a Townsfolk, I like to get a lot of info, with the exception of the goddamn Flowergirl. I do not have a good enough attention to count votes while trying to have a conversation with people. At the very least, I want to have a role that affects how I play as good.

2R1B is good, though I'd recommend that you use President/Bomber, Doctor/Engineer, Spy/Spy, Coy/Coy OR Shy/Shy Vanilla Blue/Vanilla Red x2, then just start adding a bunch of fun/funny neutrals for the best experience. The Resistance (Avalon specifically) is another great example of a social deduction board game that fits the whole informed minority vs uninformed majority social deduction formula.

I think it does vary, but I haven't played enough IRL to form a full opinion on it (the one IRL game I've played was much more beginner friendly and I found myself taking the helm a lot more than I do online, where I usually just spout nonsense and see what happens).

I teambuild with spreadsheets in draft league. A lot of the technical skills are transferrable. Actually, I think my general teambuilding style is very much like actuarial science, in that I'm trying to create a team of 6 that can beat any team of 6 my opponent would bring, considering various scenarios and just trying to find a strategy that maximises the likelihood I'll win. Fuck just talking about this makes me want to do more draft league.

The Industrial Revolution and its consequences have been a disaster for the posting race. They have greatly increased the like-expectancy of those of us who live in “advanced” subforums, but they have destabilized society, have made posting unfulfilling, have subjected users to indignities, have led to widespread psychological suffering (in the wells to physical suffering as well) and have inflicted severe damage on the homepage.

CaffeineBoost

what keeps you up at night.?
the IMMEASURABLE PAIN from my BRUISED and SCRAPED knees.

what action does an actuary actually act out?

(what is an actuary i do not know)
actuarial analysis

(it's like accounting but fancier)
Boxers, briefs, or lingerie?
marry, kill, fuck.
Most famous person in your contacts? (without doxxing yourself obviously)
My local MP. I've saved the number down so I don't have to waste time punching in his number and instead get to the conversations that really matter (the important political issues concerning refrigerators and running).
What antidepressant(s) do you take?
Guaranine, Theine, and videos of tiktokkers hurting themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)