The team that helped me reach the leaderboard

TEAM AT GLANCE

I've been using this team for 2 days and it helped me reach the leaderboard.
It works pretty decent, but I think I need some changes. So, here we go :

The Lead / scarfer :

Jirachi @ Choice scarf
Ability: Serence grace
EVs: 6hp/252atk/252spd
Nature: Jolly

-Trick
-Firepunch
-Uturn
-Ironhead

This is in my opinion one of the best leads. It can trick wall-leads,
Flinch anything with Ironhead and U-turn to scout counters and to get rid of sashes.
Firepunch is meant to take out scizor.

The Choicescarfer :

Salamence @ Choice scarf
Ability : Intimidate
EVs: 252atk/80spa/176spd
Nature : Naive

-Earthquake
-Draco meteor
-Fireblast
-Outrage

My second scarfer. I use this one to get rid of my mixape weakness.
This mence surprises the opponent and KOs ape with EQ. This set is also usefull against scarftran,
latias and it can outspeed most Swift swimmers during the rain.
Fireblasts hits steels like scizor and Hydropump takes care of gliscor.

The Physical sweeper :

Scizor @ Life orb
Ability: Technician
EVs : 32 hp/252atk/224spd
Nature : Adamant

- Swords dance
- Bulletpunch
- X-Scissor
- Superpower

Yes,the most common physical sweeper,scizor.
I leave this guy for late games,try to get the chance to SD and clean up.
Bulletpunch to hit any sweeper hard with priority ,
X-scissor to take out cress and for STAB. Superpower is meant for prediciting a tran/magnezone switch.

The special sweeper :

Rotom-C @ leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs : 64 hp/232spa/212spd
Nature : Timid

- Substitute
- Chargebeam
- Shadowball
- HP fighting

A really great set,it makes rotom fearsome.
Substitute to block status,chargebeam to gain its pretty good sp.atk ,
shadowball for STAB and HP fighting to hit t-tar or any other darktype.
The great thing of this set is that it can set up on bliss, substitute prevents poison or paralysis and with the given HP evs,
blisseys flamethrower won't break rotoms sub. Also, swampert fears this rotom because of its forme.

The Physical wall :

Swampert @ leftovers
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 240 hp/216def/52spa
Nature: Relaxed

- Stealth rock
- Roar
- Icebeam
- Earthquake

I use swampert mostly for SR support and phazing away batonpassers.
He's also usefull to take care of flygon,which is common lately. EQ to take care of electric and firetypes.

The sp.wall :

Blissey @ leftovers
Ability : Natural cure
EVs : 148 hp/252def/108spa
Nature: Bold

- Toxic
- Softboiled
- Flamethrower
- Seismic toss

The best sp.wall in this game ,meant to take any special move.
Toxic for walls, Softboiled for recovery ,
flamethrower to take care of scizor,which get OHKOED and Seismic toss to stop SubCMlatias from setting up.

And that's it,feel free to Rate my team =]

Changes are in Red.

Havak

I'm the Best. You're a Towel.
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I can see a bit of a weakness to Gyarados here. As soon as it gets a Dragon Dance (easily done on Swampert, Scizor, Blissey, Salamence locked into anything bar Outrage and even Jirachi locked into near enough any move if it's lucky) you have little reply. You can go to Salamence and revenge kill I guess, but you don't have a OHKO on even a 4/0 Gyarados. But I guess you have it in check as you can get that prior damage with Stealth Rock or finish off with Scizor's Bullet Punch or Jirachi. The RestTalk one might be more of a problem if you get a bit unlucky with move selection and can't get Rotom in, or if you can't get Jirachi to trick it a Choice Scarf (which still means Gyarados is a bit of a threat to you).

I can see Latias still setting up on your Blissey if it has Recover, but if you predict correctly then you can get the Toxic in. If it's Refresh or Safeguard Latias, you should be able to get the revenge kill with ScarfMence eventually or Trick a Choice Scarf to it from Jirachi. Latias is likely to only use Dragon Pulse with such a set, so it's then set up bait for Scizor.

MixApe does look like a bit of a problem for you as you said, but as long as you can keep Salamence alive you've always got the revenge kill on it. Stealth Rock could take it's toll, though. Substitute Heatran was something I thought could give you a worry at first glance, but Blissey really doesn't have too much trouble with Seismic Toss and the liklihood of a set using Sub / Fire Blast / Hidden Power Grass / Explosion at the moment seems a little odd (though I hope the usage stats don't show otherwise by the end of the month lol).

I really like this team, so I can't say much more. I'm not too fond of Hydro Pump on your Salamence though, I think Draco Meteor would be a safer option. It also means you're not having to lock yourself into Outrage just to revenge kill certain threats (which could mean you lose Salamence the next turn). You'll also be able to do more damage to the likes of Swampert which could prove difficult for you to swap, scaring it away with Rotom-C can only work for so long until they realize you're not even packing Leaf Storm.

Give it a try :)

Thanks alot for your advice. i've been using Dracko meteor instead of Hydropump and it works way better,especially because I don't get trapped =]

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)