Project The PU "What If" Thread. Week 5-Gorebyss

• Which Poké could fill Roselia's niches as a bulky Grass type, and as a Spikes stacker?
As a bulky Grass-type, there are many replacements already. Tangela, Quilladin, Gourgeist, and, in some ways, Gogoat are all bulky Grass-type. Gogoat would be the offensive bulky Grass-type, although it seems like Tangela is the most accurate representation of Roselia because it has an offensive and defensive set, but it is bulky in Defense and not Special Defense. As a spike stacker, none of them are as bulky or effective offensively as Roselia. PU has the -pede family which is good at stacking, but they are suicide leads. Other spike stackers are not as durable and don't check as many things.
  • How it would fare its replacement in the meta?
I will edit this in if you give more of an explanation what this means. I am not completely sure if you are talking about PU or Roselia, and what about those things.
  • Which pokes would have increased or decreased viability thanks to Roselia not being on PU?, Which could be their niches now?
The obvious answer would Grass-types, especially bulky Grass-types such as Gourgeist or Tangela, although they don't replace Roselia as a Special Wall. Offensive Grass-types such as Gogoat, Sawsbuck, and Leafeon won't have a check that 4x resists their STAB and KOs with Sludge Bomb. Some other Pokemon would be Hazard setters. Some guesses would be Crustle, the -pede family, and Quilladin, but none of them have the handy Sleep Powder. Zebstrika and Raichu would have a check in less, and special attackers in general would be way better off because of the bulk that Roselia possesses. The last Pokemon that I feel would really appreciate Roselia leaving are Water-types. Although they have Ice Beam, Roselia specializes in Special Defense meaning not enough damage most of the time.
  • Roselia moving could motivate some additional rises from FU or drops from NU?
Well, I don't feel like Roselia would really make a big enough impact in NU that it would motivate decreases, and a lot of NU's top tier threats KO Roselia pretty easily. In FU rises, maybe Basculin will get a little more love now that it doesn't have to worry about Roselia and it kills Tangela / Gourg with Ice Beam. That is all I can think of, but I am sure there are some others.
  • Which Pokés now will run another moves since they doesn't need to deal with Roselia?
Although uncommon, now Zen Headbutt would be completely useless on Carracosta, and so would Aerial Ace on Barbaracle. Golduck will not have to run Psychic anymore either. Except for that, I don't have many that I can think of. Roselia is very good, but there isn't any reason usually to run a move just to kill it because you usually have no space or you just have coverage for it that you can't do better, but just doesn't do enough.
  • Which kind of playstyles could be favored by Roselia leaving PU?
The number one playstyle that would be damaged would be Hazard Stacking, because it relies on bulky Hazard setters which Roselia can do very well, especially with both Spikes and Toxic Spikes. Due to this, I feel like people that played Hazard Stacking will be tempted to use HO as a way to keep the Hazard Stacking feeling but still being effective in battle. HO would also appreciate having a Hazard user in less to worry about.
  • Is a Roselia Ban probable after the possible ban of Carracosta and Barbaracle?
I don't think Roselia would be banned after the possible ban of Carracosta and Barbaracle because pre tier-shift, when the smashers were less effective and less used, Roselia wasn't going to be banned, so I don't think it will start now. Also, it isn't broken in any way. It is just really good at what it does and can pull it off most of the time. It is still able to be KOed and isn't that strong that it can KO everything in sight.

Last edited:
  • Which Poké could fill Roselia's niches as a bulky Grass type, and as a Spikes stacker?
Gourgeist-XL,Tangela,Spdef Gogoat and Quilladin all would fill the role of a bulky Grass-Type. Spikes arent put on a lot of Pu/Fu pokes with the likes of Delibird and Maractus being the only Pu mons that would get it. But there are some decent options with the likes of Dwebble,Venipede,Whirlipede and the pre-mentioned Quilladin all being viable options.
The only true replacement would be Quilladin as its the only bulky grass type with spikes. Considering it is a more physically bulky mon it wouldnt be used in the same way since it would check/counter a whole other variety of mons. I honestly could see people attempting Budew if Roselia left but the thing that made Rose so deadly was the fact you dont need investment in its Special Attack to hurt the opposition.
  • Which pokes would have increased or decreased viability thanks to Roselia not being on PU?, Which could be their niches now?
Electric types (Zebstrika,Raichu) Lose a check/counter SpA Water-Types would appreciate the loss of a check but none would get an overall massive improvement bard Basculin which could run HP electric over Zen-Headbutt. Tangela+Simisage would enjoy the loss Sage would lose a very annoying check and tangela would lose a threat.
Although Roselia is a great mon its not exactly a massive impact rather then a nuisance to most teams. It certainly can impact a match with its hazards and the odd sleep powder but if its running Powder that would mean you know it would either have only Giga/Sludge or no Synthesis. To be honest i wouldn't see how Rose rising would affect Fu at all its a great mon but has never been a part of the tier nor hard stopped any of them from rising. Nu wise there is 0 chance something would drop because of Roselia in fact it would face massive competition from Vileplume which in itself is a great pokemon and while Rose has the hazards Plume has the much better bulk and better SpA.
  • Which Pokés now will run another moves since they doesn't need to deal with Roselia?
The Pre-mentioned Zen-Headbutt thing but overall there is not really anything that ran something specific for Rose. As i said previously its meta defining for its hazards and reliability not its typing (which is good but not gonna force people to run something else)
Hazard Stacking+Stall would suffer and would allow a combination of Bulky-Offense and Hyper-Offense to become a lot more succesful especially B-Offense losing something that would wear it down so easily.
  • Is a Roselia Ban probable after the possible ban of Carracosta and Barbaracle?
Pffffffft. Rose is a very good mon but there is no way it would be banned. It isnt the hardest thing in the world to take down or play against. its countered by Steel or Poison types (Arbok,Metang,Klang and the odd Swalot) and its easily taken down by strong Physical Attackers. It would appreciate the ban of the Smashers but nothing else would change for it in fact it could get worse since there are a lot of offensive pokemon being held back Barb/Costa. Just got to wait and see

MZ

And now for something completely different
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I don't want to make a long post, just came to say that the last two posts have suggested very little change to fu when u really doubt that. Quilladin and Frogadier suddenly get better and will probably go out if fu, even though frog isn't too relevant quill is huge there. Tbh frog would still be mediocre and I'm only including it bcuz toxic spikes but I'm fairly certain quilladin would move up and it's a pretty huge mon in fu rn.

I don't want to make a long post, just came to say that the last two posts have suggested very little change to fu when u really doubt that. Quilladin and Frogadier suddenly get better and will probably go out if fu, even though frog isn't too relevant quill is huge there. Tbh frog would still be mediocre and I'm only including it bcuz toxic spikes but I'm fairly certain quilladin would move up and it's a pretty huge mon in fu rn.
Oh, I didn't think Quilladin was in FU. I don't agree with Frogadier, because it still gets outclassed and has pretty poor speed for an offensive Pokemon.

It is basically summarized as thus. If you want sleep and bulk, pick Tangela. If you want Spikes and bulk, pick Quilladin. If you want Specially Defensive Bulk, pick Gogoat. Roselia provided all three along with status absorption thanks to Natural Cure. Gourgeist-XL is also a viable replacement, but he didn't fit into my nice explanation.
For the sake of perhaps a new conversation (don't kill me for this, however, bad it may be) I kind of want to mention both Ivysaur and Gloom. I remember somebody mentioning them before on the forum and they were unceremoniously dumped because Roselia was just better. But if Roselia were to leave they might have a chance to shine. They have the same Special Bulk (actually more due to 10 more HP) and same typing, meaning a resist to Fighting-Type moves, they also both have Sleep Powder, and better physical bulk than Roselia. Just lacking in power, spikes, and a resist to scald burns and Ice Beam freezes. Both would have to sacrifice some Defense Evs to get a OHKO on a few mons with Energy Ball or Giga Drain.
There may also be a niche for Meganium now as with Aromatherapy and equal 100 in both defensive stats, if you need a bulky grass-type that doesn't mind Toxic as much as the ones previously mentioned you may want to give Meganium a glance, although it misses out on Sleep Powder.
Spike-Stacking has already been stated fairly easily. Nothing new to add unless you want me to talk about Tentacool and Koffing?
Quilladin will probably benefit the most seeing as it becomes the bulkiest Spike stacker in the meta, Gogoat will rise as it becomes the most Specially Defensive Grass-Type, and Tangela would benefit the least as its a physical wall like it always was. It just no longer has the alternative.Ivysaur and Gloom both may become D-ranked, big whoop. And Meganium might see some use.
The replacements as stated above for the reasons above. All Specially offensive Water-Types would love to be able to either Surf or Ice Beam and get a KO on things. Physical ones might lose some ground as Tangela becomes more and more popular meaning they don't fair quite as well with Ice Fang. Offensive Grass-Types as no more x4 resists unless Gloom and Ivysaur catch on more than they should. As well as Electric-types like Raichu and Zebstrika as they no longer have one more bulky Grass-Type to worry about.
I suppose some Defoggers may lose their momentum as they no longer have Spikes to be immune to so they lose one small reason to use them. Also since Stealth Rocks become the main Entry Hazard to remove Vibrava and Wartortle as the only two removers that aren't weak to them might see a bit of an increase, but this is just me trying to offer something new to talk about now.
Roselia is basically like a Spiking Vileplume so no change from NU. FU might lose some Water-Types (like Basculiin and maybe Golduck as it was a Specially offensive Water-Type) it held, but PU has plenty of those (Simipour). Quilladin and even Whirlipede might rise as PU would be desperately in need of Spikes, but I can't see either really gaining too much steam as they both missing something (Sleep Powder for Quilladin and longevity for Whirlipede). I can't imagine too many others leaving.
Roselia wasn't particularly bulky on the defensive side so most mons could just focus on that rather than SE coverage.
Stall would take a hit as it loses a Specially Defensive mon along with a reliable source of poison in Toxic Spikes. Hazard Stacking as everybody else said would also be heavily injured. Hyper Offense would probably see a rise as people who loved Spikes would basically be stuck picking up a suicide spiker if they wanted to keep it.
Roselia is practically the epitome of S-Rank. It can do what it does without any extra support. Its not broken thanks to a rather low physical defense allows many mons to take advantage of that and outright kill it. Its good, even great for tier, but far from broken. Its a hazard stacker, which is weak to the majority of the hazard removers. Pelipper, Swanna, Torkoal, and Avalugg all carry an SE move and Armaldo just had such huge base ATK stat and Knock-Off that Roselia was scared of him. Its not impossible to stop it from doing its job.

Thanks for your answers guys...

Now let's do another NU one: Muk...

What would change if Muk got Dropped from NU thanks to a Low usage?

Actual Sub Questions:
  • What could be the best Muk Set in PU, and which other niches could Muk fill with other secondary sets?
  • How it would fare Muk against the actual meta?
  • Muk could be banned because of being terribly broken for PU?
  • Which pokes would have increased or decreased viability thanks to Muk dropping to PU?, Which could be their niches now?
  • Which spreads could change for common PU threats to now deal with Muk?
  • Which kind of playstyles could be favored by Muk in PU?
  • Getting Muk onto PU could motivate some additional rises from FU or drops from NU?
This "What If" is based around Muk's Viability now on NU... Since Skuntank dropped onto NU, Muk has been seeing as a really not effective pokémon, that is just capable of dealing some damage and almost nothing else, because it doesn't have that coveted Psychic Immunity in a tier infested with those kind of pokés and it Skuntank still have the ability to absorb Toxic Spikes while having a nice options like Pursuit and Defog. So, if we consider that Muk is considered a "C" Rank pokémon, it looks pretty probable that it can drop in the next tier change.

Let's start with your answers guys! :D

• What could be the best Muk Set in PU, and which other niches could Muk fill with other secondary sets?
The best Muk set in PU will probably be Assault Vest. Muk would be a better Swalot, because it can check a lot of the most common Pokemon in PU, has a 50%+ chance of poisoning with Poison Touch + Poison Jab, and is all an all around bulky Pokemon. Power-up Punch and Shadow Sneak are also nice to have, and it lets Muk not be completely walled by Probopass and lets it start getting some good damage off. Another good set is Curse Muk, although the lack of reliable recovery is damaging. Muk just needs to find sets were he can really maximize the efficiency of his natural bulk.
  • How it would fare Muk against the actual meta?
I feel like Muk would do okay in the meta. AV can check the Simi, Floatzel, and more importantly, Roselia. Roselia will have trouble doing much to Muk, and Muk can absorb those Toxic Spikes. Muk just checks a lot of Pokemon, which make me think it will do well in this meta. Poison Touch is also quite good because of all that residual damage from Poison that stacks well with Hazards. So Hazard Stacking teams may have this as a Pokemon in their defensive core to make the most of the residual damage. Muk also checks Jumpluff (although Sleep Powder is rough), and can switch into Machoke pretty easily.
  • Muk could be banned because of being terribly broken for PU?
Muk is not close to being broken, I doubt he would even be S rank in PU. Although I said it checks a lot of Pokemon in PU, there are still a lot of Pokemon it doesn't check. Kadabra and Duosion are rising in popularity, and Muk has nothing about it that screams OP. It doesn't have Knock Off, nor does it have any shuffling moves that it can abuse. It is kind of like Pelipper. Bulky, defensive, does some decent damage, nothing broken.
  • Which pokes would have increased or decreased viability thanks to Muk dropping to PU?, Which could be their niches now?
Well, Duosion and Kadabra may have slightly more increase in usage because of their Super Effective STAB, and so could Probopass because it walls Muk without Power-up Punch quite well. Swalot would be completely useless now since Muk is better in every way. Roselia would take a hit, but I still think Roselia will do completely fine with Muk in the meta. Klang may also get some more love because it more or less completely shuts down Muk and just uses Muk as setup bait. Misdreavus also could be used to shut down attempts to setup using Power-Up Punch, and then burn Muk with Will-o-Wisp. Tangela will also have a little bonus over Roselia of not being able to get completely decimated by Muk because of all that physical bulk. Ditto with Gourgeist.
  • Which spreads could change for common PU threats to now deal with Muk?
Roselia may have to run a little bit more Defense EVs, but it isn't like Roselia can do anything back to Muk. Ground coverage may take a little bit of increase in Popularity if Muk is that common. Psyshock may be something used instead of Psychic or as coverage in general on things like Ninetales to hit Muk's lower Defense and to also bypass the Assault Vest.
  • Which kind of playstyles could be favored by Muk in PU?
I feel like hazard stacking will get a bonus by being able to get even more residual damage from Muk's Poison Touch. Balance will also be promoted because another viable Pokemon in the defensive core role, and Offense will have a new defensive threat to worry about. Bulky Attacking will also favor a new bulky attacker like PuP Muk or Curse Muk.
  • Getting Muk onto PU could motivate some additional rises from FU or drops from NU?
I feel like Muk may motivate the rise of Klang into PU. NU is not using Muk at all anyways, so there won't be any motivation for drops because of Muk itself. Some other possible rises from FU could be Stunfisk (or did that leave already?) because it covers Muk pretty much perfectly. Ground-types will maybe have a boost in confidence because Muk would mean 1 more victim that is easy to KO. Krokorok may go up a little because it can pretty much use Muk to either damage a switch-in, or kill Muk and get +1. Thats all I can think of, but there are probably more.

Last edited:

Akir

A true villain!
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Muk was in galbia's tyrant tourney, so I got some play in there. ExplosiveChaos covered a lot of stuff, but the biggest thing they missed was that Muk beats all variants of Clefairy reliably. Moonblast does minimal damage even without AV or special defense investment, while Gunk Shot does 70 percent minimum. Clefairy is a very good in the metagame at the moment as reliable support or a stallbreaker or both, so it will be nice to get such a good counter.

EDIT: yeah Anty you are probably right. I was thinking in context of the tournament and that is my bad. Also, the 'stallbreaker set' I was referring to is the CM set, which can technically set up on stall teams (where they may exist). But this is a Muk thread so I will post more about Muk.

I think that Bulky Offense would benefit the most from having an attacker like Muk. Muk can run a good Curse set to set up and has some priority to mitigate the speed. Muk also hits very hard and can be relied upon to act as a specially defensive pivot. A lot of fast special attackers, such as Floatzel or Zebstrika, have a lot of difficulty breaking through the AV set and that helps offense by easing the burden placed on the faster pokes on the team and can act as a backup plan to dealing with pokes that are faster than you by taking their hits and returning for the KO with a Gunk Shot or even a revenge kill with Shadow Sneak. Muk, of course, isn't going to be overpowered for the tier, but Bulky Offense will appreciate the consistency that Muk can give.

Last edited:

Anty

let's drop
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I think your overstating how good beating clefairy is. Recently it has lost popularity as its too passive, and I would never use it as a 'stallbreaker' considering stall isn't exactly a relevant playstyle.

AV muk will be a cool way for offensive teams to easily check zebstrika/floatzel/etc as well as annoying rose, but two sets which haven't been talked about much are cb and curse. Curse will primarily be offensively based and will look like curse/gunk shot/shadow sneak/brick break, as it really doesn't need other coverage, whereas brick break is important for piloswine and golem. This set would ofc receive a lot of competition from arbok, who trades more power for speed and stronger priority. Generally arbok will be better as sucker punch will be nicer vs offensive teams, though muk may be better vs some more specially based offensive teams, arbok although weaker, might still be nicer vs some defensive teams as it has better coverage to get past stuff like stunfisk. Specially defensive curse set (restalk i guess) is probably better than arbok's bulky coil set, but that isn't really saying much as it isn't great, and muk can actually do things vs offensive teams (heck it can even take a hit from grumpig/kadabra) though gunk shot's 8pp might be frustrating.

Its hard to tell how good CB muk will be tbh. It has amazing strength with a nice base 105 attack stat and an amazingly powerful STAB move, and unlike other slow strong pokes, muk can check quite a few mons like roselia (well grass types in general). However cb muk doesn't have much more going for it. Its STAB isn't too spammable due to multiple ground types (and several rocks, steels, and ghosts), and its coverage really doesn't make up for it. Brick break is fairly weak, along with the elemental punches which don't hit much, and shadow sneak which is even weaker. Also it struggles with stronger attackers due to a lack of av/defense boosts, so overall I don't see this set being overly amazing (poison jab + touch is nice I guess). Its STAB's power over cb arbok is more noticeable, but arbok gets switcheroo and stronger coverage.

Ik I didn't answer the exact questions, but I feel I covered the most important ones as this definitely isn't broken (lol), and it won't really cause too much change other than stuff like swalot/arbok possibly decreasing in viability (well definitely the former ;~;).

muk would be cool as fuck imo and pretty anti meta since its like the best rose check ever tho no sleep powder immune + kinda spikes weak? curse seems like a cool gamble and gunk psn is nice to wear down pilo and co. would be really hype to see this hting since it has decent bulk to wall a lot of shit. oh its also knock off immune so thats always cool. incredible clef check tho not as relevant, and i feel like cb muk is defos better than arbok lol since arbok hits less hard and muk has fire punch + psn + shadow sneak and brick break or EXPLOSION if it needs so I definitely feel cbmuk>cb arbok. but ya curse has potential too. fuck nu ladder

edit - av kinda seems bad but i guess its a nice offensive pivot into shit; shadow sneak does like lose all its utility cus it hits like a bitch now

Well Guys, thanks for your discussion! :3 it was pretty nice even if it was a little shot x3

However there is time for a new "What If":

What would change if Gorebyss got Dropped from NU thanks to a Low usage?
Actual Sub Questions:
  • How good it could be a Shell Smasher Set from Gorebyss on PU?
  • Which other Gorebyss Sets could be successfully used on PU?
  • How it would fare Gorebyss against the actual meta?
  • Gorebyss Can be banned because of the Shell Smash Set? there could be any other factors that could make Gorebyss broken as well?
  • Which pokes would have increased or decreased viability thanks to Gorebyss dropping to PU?, Which could be their niches now?
  • Which spreads could change for common PU threats to now deal with Gorebyss?
  • Which kind of playstyles could be favored or crippled by Gorebyss in PU?
  • Getting Gorebyss onto PU could motivate some additional rises from FU just to check it?
This "What If" is based around Gorebyss low usage on NU... Heck, it was even barely surviving the August Quick Drop... For a lot of people Gorebyss is felt as a huge threat for PU because of the Shell Smash set that could be setting up thanks to Jumpluff or Misdreavus using Memento and thanks to a decent physical bulk. That could also be told from Huntail, However Gorebyss does have a much better special attack which is much more appreciated on a tier with Physically Defensive Grass mons like Gourgeist-XL and Tangela. Also, unlike Huntail, thanks to that Higer power, it can get some OHKO's that Huntail couldn't like specially defensive Gogoat, Tangela or Gourgeist...

The not so hot part of Gorebyss is that while it does have a nice option on Psychic or the possibility of dealing enough damage to some threats with a Super Effective Hidden Power Electric/Grass, it doesn't have the priority that Huntail can use on Sucker Punch, to deal with some faster threats as Scarfchu or Scarfmime...

However, I'm pretty sure that if Gorebyss drops, it would be a force to reckon with! :3

Let's have our conspiracy theories on! :D

• How good it could be a Shell Smasher Set from Gorebyss on PU?
I feel like Gorebyss would be a really neat and good smasher in PU. It would face competition with Huntail of course, but they work so well because of the difference in what they are checked by. Goreybss is special with a hard hitting Hydro Pump. Huntail is mixed and hits in the physical aspect of the spectrum. Gorebyss is also has a good Attack too, especially with a +2, so that it isn't like it can't run mixed either. One thing that Gorebyss is lacking in though is Priority (Sucker Punch for Huntail), but it outspeeds almost every non scarf users which is a plus.
  • Which other Gorebyss Sets could be successfully used on PU?
I feel like the most effective set for Gorebyss would be SS + 3 Special Moves. Hydro Pump, Ice Beam, Hidden Power Electric or Grass, and Shell Smash. Another option could be substitute over HP to give it a cool way to overcome stally teams that try to nail you with a Toxic. The only problem with that is that you have nothing for Politoed / Water-types in general. Some more niche and maybe viable option could be physical Gorebyss, but why not just use Huntail.
  • How it would fare Gorebyss against the actual meta?
I think it would be a good Pokemon, but not broken. It doesn't have the speed of Barbaracle, nor the power of neither Barbaracle or Carracosta. Also, the rise of usage in Water-types in PU makes it a problem for Gorebyss since HP Grass or Electric isn't the hardest hitting move in the world. It also gets walled pretty well by Roselia, even with Ice Beam.
  • Gorebyss Can be banned because of the Shell Smash Set? there could be any other factors that could make Gorebyss broken as well?
Like I mentioned above, Gofebyss probably doesn't have a chance to be suspected. I doubt it would even be S / A+ rank. I do think that it will (unfortunately) increase the popularity of Smashers again, it doesn't scream broken in any way. It's Special Attack hits hard and should do pretty well in a more offensive tier with less usage bulky Pokemon but it isn't able to outspeed any viable scarfers so it isn't like it destroys every offensive team. Also, Gorebyss's defenses are good but not impossible to KO in one move.
  • Which pokes would have increased or decreased viability thanks to Gorebyss dropping to PU? Which could be their niches now?
Some Pokemon that can have increase usage in PU now is Politoed and ?Lapras? because of them being able to pretty much wall Gorebyss, even with HP Grass or Electric to an extent.. Also, Scarf Chu may come back again. Although unlikely, Electrode could have a tiny bit of usage because it outspeeds non Timid Gorebyss after one Shell Smash. Huntail can either now increase in usage, or really take a hit depending on how people like Gorebyss. People could think of how teams suffer on the need to prepare for both threats, or people may just spam Gorebyss without thinking about Huntail. Smasher + Linoone offense could be used too to make Linoone a little better and used since teams have trouble stopping 2 different setup attacker, especially when they just slap on Kadabra as their stop which only stops one. This is especially true with Memento support because it makes it so easy to have 2 setups. The last Pokemon that has fallen a tiny bit in usage since the smashers that may rise up again in usage is Kadabra with Focus Sash as a one time check.
  • Which spreads could change for common PU threats to now deal with Gorebyss?
The main change I feel like would happen is the reintroduction of Scarf Raichu as Raichu's best set because it can stop the Smashers with Volt Switch spam. Another change in sets would be Memento Jumpluff and Misdreavus as a good set for both because it makes setup extremely easy and it is just such a good move in the current meta. LO Kadabra has been getting a little more attention lately, but Sash will probably become the only used set now if another smasher is in PU.
  • Which kind of playstyles could be favored or crippled by Gorebyss in PU?
Plain old offense would take a severe hit with the introduction of Gorebyss because Gorebyss can pretty much steamroll through unprepared offensive teams. The biggest boost for a playstyle would be for bulky teams or bulky offense because they can take a hit from Gorebyss and kill it rather easily since a -1 defense Gorebyss isn't the bulkiest.
  • Getting Gorebyss onto PU could motivate some additional rises from FU just to check it?
The only rise in FU would be Politoed if that hasn't gone yet. Maybe Lapras for uses that don't realize Politoed is better, although Freeze Dry is nice.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)