Resource The ORAS NU Teambuilding Lab (Kiyo'd)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ryan

Jojo Siwa enthusiast
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
blaziken1337, I tried building your team, but I just couldn't do it. CB Pinsir was doing jack shit, so I ended up changing it to SD and now I really like the team. If you still want CB Pinsir, a fellow builder can make it for you.

So I went with SD Pinsir because the team really needed some way to break opposing fat teams. CB was just clicking non-STAB coverage moves and doing like 35% to random shit, which doesn't really help the team win in the way SD does. Life Orb Tauros helps break teams and does well against offense. Lanturn is a slow pivot that checks tons of important Pokemon. Musharna does the same thing but resists Fighting and the meta instead of Steel, Electric, Flying, and Fire. Regirock does the same thing but gets up Stealth Rock and paralyzes shit instead of pivoting. Eviolite Magneton gives a soft switch-in to things it can beat and has Hidden Power Fire to bait Ferroseed. The team struggles more with Ferroseed than it does Stunfisk and Lanturn, and HP Grass on Lanturn helps beat opposing Lanturn well.
Pinsir @ Life Orb
Ability: Moxie
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- X-Scissor
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Quick Attack

Tauros (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
Jolly Nature
- Rock Climb
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast
- Rock Slide

Lanturn @ Leftovers
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 104 HP / 236 Def / 168 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA
- Scald
- Volt Switch
- Heal Bell
- Hidden Power [Grass]

Musharna @ Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Def / 16 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Spe
- Psychic
- Baton Pass
- Yawn
- Moonlight

Regirock @ Leftovers
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 248 HP / 112 Atk / 16 Def / 116 SpD / 16 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake
- Thunder Wave

Magneton @ Eviolite
Ability: Analytic
EVs: 8 Def / 252 SpA / 248 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Lanturn@ Life Orb
EVs: 252 SpA, Not sure what it needs to creep
Modest Nature
- Agility
- Hydro Pump/Scald
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam/HP Grass

I'm really not entirely sure what it runs, but I have seen it before. I'd like a balance team if possible, with this Lanturn being the primary win-con among others. I typically like my teams on the more bulky side, so the fatter the additional mons the better.
I assume the rest of AgiliTurn's Evs go into HP and Speed, but I'd like to leave that to someone who has a much better understanding of the current meta than me. Thank you in advance. I'm excited to see what you come up with :)

CanadianWifier

oh boy (Xatu) @ Colbur Berry
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Def / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- Signal Beam
- Roost
- Stored Power
- Calm Mind

never lucky (Musharna) @ Leftovers
EVs: 228 HP / 252 Def / 28 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Baton Pass
- Barrier
- Calm Mind
- Moonlight

DEEZ NUTZ (Ferroseed) @ Eviolite
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 124 Def / 132 SpD
Careful Nature
- Gyro Ball
- Spikes
- Leech Seed
- Thunder Wave

QueenofFaggots (Audino) @ Audinite
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 56 HP / 252 SpA / 200 Spe
Modest Nature
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Dazzling Gleam
- Fire Blast

S+ ez (Sneasel) @ Choice Band
Ability: Inner Focus
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Pursuit
- Icicle Crash
- Ice Shard

Kuck Fiyo (Carracosta) @ Leftovers
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpA
Relaxed Nature
- Scald
- Stealth Rock
- Aqua Jet
- Stone Edge

Hey famous youtube star TheCanadianWifier, building with baton pass Mushy was a lot of fun. The team appears to be stall from team preview which works to your advantage since cm barrier mushy pass really isn't common and thus, catches the opponent off guard. Next on the team is Xatu. I added Xatu because it keeps hazards off the field, can receive boosts from Musharna and proceed to just win thanks to stored power. It is also a great win condition by itself. Next on the list is offensive mega Audino. This mon exists to switch into things that Mushy dislikes. The set only functions well when baton passed boosts because i wanted to sweep teams and not care about status as well as have coverage. The speed allows it to outpace Malamar iirc. Next on the list is Ferroseed. This mon gives me a nice water and normal resist. It also gives me spikes which helps pressure the opponent to hopefully giving up a free turn for mushy to set up. And yes, that is all you need to start racking up boosts to win. Next is Carracosta. This mon gives me a solid fire and normal resist. Stealth rock are also essential for wearing down teams. Lastly i have banded Sneasel. This mon helps me pursuit and get rid of annoying pokemon. For example, if a Pyroar reveals taunt, it is a massive threat. The goal is to win a 50/50 and pursuit it, essentially knocking out their one way to stop mushy from setting up. Thats the team, hope you like it. n_n

blaziken1337, I tried building your team, but I just couldn't do it. CB Pinsir was doing jack shit, so I ended up changing it to SD and now I really like the team. If you still want CB Pinsir, a fellow builder can make it for you.

So I went with SD Pinsir because the team really needed some way to break opposing fat teams. CB was just clicking non-STAB coverage moves and doing like 35% to random shit, which doesn't really help the team win in the way SD does. Life Orb Tauros helps break teams and does well against offense. Lanturn is a slow pivot that checks tons of important Pokemon. Musharna does the same thing but resists Fighting and the meta instead of Steel, Electric, Flying, and Fire. Regirock does the same thing but gets up Stealth Rock and paralyzes shit instead of pivoting. Eviolite Magneton gives a soft switch-in to things it can beat and has Hidden Power Fire to bait Ferroseed. The team struggles more with Ferroseed than it does Stunfisk and Lanturn, and HP Grass on Lanturn helps beat opposing Lanturn well.
Pinsir @ Life Orb
Ability: Moxie
Adamant Nature
- X-Scissor
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Quick Attack

Tauros (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
Jolly Nature
- Rock Climb
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast
- Rock Slide

Lanturn @ Leftovers
EVs: 104 HP / 236 Def / 168 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA
- Scald
- Volt Switch
- Heal Bell
- Hidden Power [Grass]

Musharna @ Leftovers
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Def / 16 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Spe
- Psychic
- Baton Pass
- Yawn
- Moonlight

Regirock @ Leftovers
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 248 HP / 112 Atk / 16 Def / 116 SpD / 16 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake
- Thunder Wave

Magneton @ Eviolite
Ability: Analytic
EVs: 8 Def / 252 SpA / 248 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Fire]
If this team has to tank any sort of ground move that hits musharna hard or is claydol, or has rocks up, the team falls apart. Otherwise the team does well.

Requesting a team around the bouncing Gallade:

Gallade (M) @ Life Orb/Lum Berry
Ability: Justified/Steadfast
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly/Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Psycho Cut
- Knock Off

Honestly really any set is fine, I just really love this Pokemon and happen to suck at building :/

Bouncing Gallade justice:

guest57 i already had a decent gallade squad i threw together to ladder with a bit and it's pretty solid, although its meant for post magnets, but if magnets stays for some reason just put it over rotom.

Gallade (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Justified
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Swords Dance
- Psycho Cut

Sneasel @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Icicle Crash
- Ice Shard
- Pursuit

Rotom @ Spooky Plate
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Hex
- Shadow Ball
- Thunderbolt

Carracosta @ Leftovers
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Relaxed Nature
- Scald
- Rock Slide
- Stealth Rock
- Knock Off

Lilligant (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Sleep Powder
- Quiver Dance
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Garbodor @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Aftermath
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Def / 96 Spe
Impish Nature
- Gunk Shot
- Drain Punch
- Spikes
- Toxic Spikes

Gallade + Sneasel is such a good offensive core right now because they synergise extremely well, since the stuff that beats sneasel is handily beaten by gallade and vice versa. I knew I wanted to make an offensive team so I threw on Magnets because it can also act as a wallbreaker and honestly I just wanted to use a bunch of threats lol. I changed it to Rotom for the Post-Magnets Era because it still acts as a great Wallbreaker and can also spinblock hazards which is cool. Since I knew I was gonna make offense, I needed at least 2 Sneasel answers, especially considering how weak to sneasel this team is w/ rotom > magneton. I went with Defensive Carracosta and Garbodor as they provide a nice hazard stacking core, while simultaneously countering and checking sneasel respectively, which usually annihilates offense. I didn't really know what to put on for my last mon, but the team was looking a little weak to Quagsire (initially w/ magnets > rotom), so I went with Lilligant which is still a huge threat even w/ fletch in the tier and is just kind of a staple mon on offense. Enjoy n_n.

I want to see you guys build a team like dis:

Sticky Web Masquerain+Swords Dance Samurott

Masquerain can setup sticky webs on physical attackers and can easily take some hits because of intimidate,now with the speed drop,samurott can come in on said physical attacker,take every single hit,setup a SD or two and probably sweep the other team.Here are the sets:

Masquerain @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Sticky Web
- Roost
- Tailwind
- Whirlwind
Roost makes it so i can take more hits,whirlwind is too switch out other guys into a physical attacker that samurott can easily switch into and tailwind to make samurott more faster.

Samurott @ Life Orb
Ability: Shell Armor
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Waterfall
- X-Scissor
- Knock Off

Waterfall in my opinion is better then razor shell,because who needs a def drop when they're gonna die right away?You also have x-scissor which is to deal with grass types and is much more better then megahorn.The miss chance seems too risky for me and since I am a Hax BS attractor I don't wanna risk it.We also have knock off to get rid of potential LO/Choice items and is just a good way to deal with golurks and haunters.

Caiahar

Haunter @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Sludge Wave
- Shadow Ball
- Taunt
- Destiny Bond

Hariyama @ Assault Vest
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 228 Atk / 116 Def / 120 SpD / 44 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Bullet Punch
- Fake Out

Ferroseed @ Eviolite
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 124 Def / 132 SpD
Careful Nature
- Seed Bomb
- Stealth Rock
- Leech Seed
- Thunder Wave

Sneasel @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Pursuit
- Icicle Crash
- Ice Shard

Scyther @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Technician
Jolly Nature
- Aerial Ace
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Tailwind

Claydol @ Colbur Berry
EVs: 16 HP / 252 SpA / 240 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psyshock
- Earth Power
- Signal Beam
- Rapid Spin

Hey there, building with life orb Haunter was cool because it really isnt seen that much. I opted for dual stab taunt d-bond in order to break balance/stall more easily. Taunt helps you beat fat walls like Audino. You can taunt to prevent healing, then sludge wave away as the best attack they can hit you with is usually dazzling gleam. D-bond is a nice last ditch effort to bring a mon down with you. It also works really well with taunt. Next on the team is Hariyama. I wanted a decent knock off switch in, as well as bulky pivot. Hariyama also gives me priority. The ev spread allows me to do as follows: the defense is to have a really good chance at living a CC from Sawk, which is nice. It also allows to be bulky on not just the special side. The speed is to hopefully outspeed other base 50/50s when matchuped 1 on 1. I'm running dual priority because it helps this team when facing HO. Next on the list is Ferroseed. This mon is my normal resist and stealth rocker. It is also a great water resist. Seed bomb helps me beat Kabutops and other water types. Next on the squad is Sneasel. The reason i added this beast is because it gives me a psychic immunity which is really nice in this meta. Also, being able to threaten and potentially pursuit Xatu's helps Ferroseed. Next on the squad is scarf Scyther. The reason i love scarf Scyther is because it shits on HO and weather teams. Also, i have had great success with late game scarf tailwind. Additionally, Scyther gives me a nice fighting switch in. Lastly i have colbur offensive Claydol. This mon helps me remove hazards as well as stop constant volt switching. The speed allows me to outpace adamant Sawk. Enjoy the team n_n

Heya guys, I've been absent for a week or so and shit's changed. I want to get a feel for the post-magneton meta that's upon us, and I wanted to utilize a bunch of really cool mons I haven't gotten around to using yet. The core I was thinking off is Specs Aurorus+Scarf Primeape+Liepard. I imagine the team to be very momentum based, looking for spots go get Aurorus in safely to punch holes into the defensive cores of enemy teams.

Aurorus @ Choice Specs
Ability: Refrigerate
- Hyper Voice
- Freeze-Dry
- Psychic
- Earth Power

Primeape @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Defiant
- U-turn
- Close Combat
- Gunk Shot
- Ice Punch

Liepard @ Black Glasses
Ability: Prankster
- U-turn
- Encore
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch

Chatot @ Choice Specs
Ability: Keen Eye
Timid / Modest Nature
- Boomburst
- Heat Wave
- U-turn
- Hidden Power Grass / filler

Specs Chatot is a really cool wallbreaker. Would love to see a balanced team built around it. You can literally just spam Boomburst almost 2HKO'ing almost whole meta with that move alone while Heat Wave catches steel types off guard like Magneton and Klinklang. U-turn to get out of bad situations like Regirock and the last slot is simply a filler.

Reactions: nv
Thanks for the Eggy team hollywood! Also Fraxure is good being the only decent dragon in NU/PU other than Zweilous and with limited fairies and few steels being easily trapped by Probo/Magneton he can sweep unprepared teams.

I would like to request another Gen 1 classic I can never find the right team support for is Curse MUk. He suffers from 4 MSS , is weak to will-o unless you run suband when he tries to set up he is walled by many things such as Golurk, Weezing, Ferroseed if no fire punch and most physical walls unless he has racked up alot of boosts. I figured if he can get steels trapped for him and with decent team support to lure in or pressure bulky poisons/grounds/steels that wall him he could put in work since he has the right stat distribution for curse and poison touch is such a fun ability!

Last edited:
I would like to request a CM Mesprit team. Preferably on a more balanced team, though if the team turns out offensive then I am not complaining. Thank you in advance.

I would like to request a team based off of Acrobatic Flethinder. I would also like any type of Gallade on the team, as gallade in NU is something I would like to dive into. I would love a balanced team and it NEEDS hazard removal. Thank you

Deeerpz

Aurorus @ Choice Specs
Modest Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Freeze-Dry
- Psychic
- Earth Power

Primeape @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Close Combat
- Gunk Shot
- Ice Punch

Liepard @ Black Glasses
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Encore
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch

Lanturn @ shuca berry
EVs: 104 HP / 232 Def / 160 SpD / 12 Spe
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Volt Switch
- Heal Bell
- Toxic

Uxie @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Psychic
- Stealth Rock
- Thunder Wave
- U-turn

Jumpluff
Ability: Infiltrator
Jolly Nature
- Acrobatics
- Seed Bomb
- Swords Dance
- Sleep Powder

Hey there, building volt turn + Aurorus was a lot of fun since literally every time Aurorus comes in, something is either forced out or killed. The only comment i have on the 3 mons you suggested is that scarf ape is generally not run because of how weak it is. However, it works incredibly well on this team so i would keep it the way it is. In the future, i suggest fist plate encore or choice band so you can kill things. The 4 th member of the team is Lanturn. I added this to heal bell off status and act as my dedicated water and fire resist. My spread allows me to be bulky on both sides so i can beat Fletchinder too if its boosts up. Shuca berry allows me to get off maybe a clutch heal bell or scald on Archeops / Tauros which can really help surprise the opponent. The next mon is bulky pivot Uxie. This mon gives me stealth rock and a fighting resist. It also keeps up momentum. Lastly i have a Jumpluff. This mon gives me a win condition, water resist, grass resist and fighting resist. Hope the team looks ok, it worked very well in test matches.

Deeerpz

Aurorus @ Choice Specs
Modest Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Freeze-Dry
- Psychic
- Earth Power

Primeape @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Close Combat
- Gunk Shot
- Ice Punch

Liepard @ Black Glasses
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Encore
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch

Lanturn @ shuca berry
EVs: 104 HP / 232 Def / 160 SpD / 12 Spe
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Volt Switch
- Heal Bell
- Toxic

Uxie @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Psychic
- Stealth Rock
- Thunder Wave
- U-turn

Jumpluff
Ability: Infiltrator
Jolly Nature
- Acrobatics
- Seed Bomb
- Swords Dance
- Sleep Powder

Hey there, building volt turn + Aurorus was a lot of fun since literally every time Aurorus comes in, something is either forced out or killed. The only comment i have on the 3 mons you suggested is that scarf ape is generally not run because of how weak it is. However, it works incredibly well on this team so i would keep it the way it is. In the future, i suggest fist plate encore or choice band so you can kill things. The 4 th member of the team is Lanturn. I added this to heal bell off status and act as my dedicated water and fire resist. My spread allows me to be bulky on both sides so i can beat Fletchinder too if its boosts up. Shuca berry allows me to get off maybe a clutch heal bell or scald on Archeops / Tauros which can really help surprise the opponent. The next mon is bulky pivot Uxie. This mon gives me stealth rock and a fighting resist. It also keeps up momentum. Lastly i have a Jumpluff. This mon gives me a win condition, water resist, grass resist and fighting resist. Hope the team looks ok, it worked very well in test matches.
Hey man,
thanks a lot for the team, I will test it out right now and report back once I got enough games in.

Ahh ok thanks Rapture.
Instead could I have a Balance team around Life Orb Pyroar. If possible with one physical and special wall as part of the team. Or do you already have a team around LO Pyroar?

Can anyone please build me a team based on Choice Band Archeops. I Would be really happy to anyone who can help me out.please
Either Balanced or offensive playstyle is fine.

Archeops @ Choice Band
Ability: Defeatist
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def/ 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Stone Edge
- Knock Off
- Earthquake

Thnx in advance.

Can anyone please build me a team based on Choice Band Archeops. I Would be really happy to anyone who can help me out.please
Either Balanced or offensive playstyle is fine.

Archeops @ Choice Band
Ability: Defeatist
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def/ 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Stone Edge
- Knock Off
- Earthquake

Thnx in advance.
tennis made one back on page 10 I think with CB archeops but it was based around Life orb kecleon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)