The Cricket Thread Part Deux

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am honestly surprised England got bowled out for less than 200 twice. Well done Aussie.

Also it's about bloody time Kallis got a double. SA is looking very strong atm.

We really let the game go when we got bowled out for 136 on the first day. Pitch was bowler friendly but 250 would have been a par score. The pitch has been pretty flat since lunch on day two. Just a little bit of variable bounce and slight movement off the seam but good for batting overall.

Kallis finally with a double ton. Sachin with 50 test match hundreds. Legends of the game. Hopefully it rains all day tommorow and maybe we can get away with a draw ;P

98 all out wow. Not watching the match so can't really make out if it's tough to bat out there but geez that's some collapse. Now it's England's turn.

According to cricinfo it's just England bowling really well. But even so, to get all out for 98... Well played England.
yeah just saw that. Getting out the Aussies for less than 100 on boxing day is just awesome. Mitchell Johnson will have to come good again if Aussies want to save this. Even 250 odd would be a good enough score for England to get.

Ponting involved in a nasty incident with the umpires... shame really. Such a great player going down like that in the twilight of his career. England to win this match for sure. Been too good for the Aussies this series.

India vs SA is awesome. Great battle between the 2 teams. Gonna be an interesting days play tommorow. We need to reach at least 250 to have a decent shot at winning. 300+ and we're favourites.

Dale Steyn is a beast.. as is Zaheer khan. Bhajji taking 4 wickets as well. Awesome days play.

Ponting involved in a nasty incident with the umpires... same really. Such a great player going down like that in the twilight of his career. England to win this match for sure. Been too good for the Aussies this series.
Ponting has always been an annoying child, even when Australia was on top of the world he was still readily making a dick of himself.

As for the game: Anderson has been great for England through all the test matches - he's getting much better support from Tremlett than he was from Broad or Finn, the problem for Australia is that nobody is really keeping the pressure on at the other end for Siddle.

Hipmonlee

Have a nice day
is a Community Contributoris a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Four-Time Past WCoP Champion
So while Kamran Akmal is unavailable for selection for suspicion of match fixing, his brother Umar runs out his own teams top scorer and then goes on to score 26 from 32 while needing 9 an over.

Have a nice day.

McGrrr

Facetious
is a Contributor Alumnus
The Durban test match is set up brilliantly, but of course my attention is predominantly elsewhere...

I think it speaks volumes that I would not be able to guess the Aussie starting XI for Sydney, but I can probably name the 2013 England Ashes squad pretty accurately:

1. Cook (c)
2. ???
3. Trott
4. Pietersen
5. Bell
6. Morgan
7. Prior (w)
8. Broad
9. Swann
10. Anderson
11. Finn

Squad players: Davies (w), Rashid, Tremlett, Bresnan.

The only players missing are an opener to replace Strauss and a reserve batsman.

Man I thought Trott was only like 24 from the few times I've seen him on TV. Boy how wrong am I. ~_~

But yeah, SA/India test is going to be very good from now on. SA didn't get the best of starts but we all know AB and Kallis can pile on runs so a game on.

I've only seen him with a helmet on.

Well done England, you really deserved it. Surely it's time for Ponting/Clarke to be dropped?

shade

be sharp, say nowt
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Get in there England! Yorkshire boy Tim Bresnan ending the day too :) We really deserved this, a combination of Aussie incompetence and England quality, good times.

Well played England. Outplayed the Aussies for most of the series.

Can't wait for day 4 in Durban. What a match it's been. India need to get Kallis or Ab Dev early to feel confident. If they get going though then I can't see us winning it.

Bah, SA couldn't put up enough of a fight. Glad to see Prince survive until the end though. :3

And now the long wait for the next match... Sigh.

EDIT: Ponting out of the next match ooh this shall be interesting.

Lol, Khawhaja in instead of Ponting, and Clarke's the captain. Maybe fortunes will change. I do't think so.

Interesting side note, Khawaja is the first Muslim to play for Australia, I think.

Lol, Khawhaja in instead of Ponting, and Clarke's the captain. Maybe fortunes will change. I do't think so.

Interesting side note, Khawaja is the first Muslim to play for Australia, I think.
He is, he is also pretty good with the bat if his first class performances translate at all to international level.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)