The Cricket Thread Part Deux

Status
Not open for further replies.
......But then, unfortunately, it rained, and now NZ looks like it is finally going to concede to the 'world's number 1 team." We are sitting pretty on 292-2, and look well set to get a lead of around 300. Hope Sachin gets century no. 50 tomorrow!

Hipmonlee

Have a nice day
is a Community Contributoris a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Four-Time Past WCoP Champion
Tendulkar and Dravid to fall early today, followed by a quicker than normal clean up of the tail to have the whole team out with only a further 100 runs scored.

Then a solid top order performance, followed by a cavalier and luck-riding century from Taylor, ably supported by Ryder and Williamson, and then a couple of cameos from Vettori and Southee gives NZ a 250 run lead going into the final day.

Sehwag is dismissed by Martin early, and then a combination of tight bowling and athletic fielding means Dravid and Gambhir struggle to build momentum, before an inspired spell by McKay and Southee removes the middle order, and Vettori cleans up the tail. New Zealand winning one of the all time great test matches by around 60 runs.

Have a nice day.

Tendulkar and Dravid to fall early today, followed by a quicker than normal clean up of the tail to have the whole team out with only a further 100 runs scored.

Then a solid top order performance, followed by a cavalier and luck-riding century from Taylor, ably supported by Ryder and Williamson, and then a couple of cameos from Vettori and Southee gives NZ a 250 run lead going into the final day.

Sehwag is dismissed by Martin early, and then a combination of tight bowling and athletic fielding means Dravid and Gambhir struggle to build momentum, before an inspired spell by McKay and Southee removes the middle order, and Vettori cleans up the tail. New Zealand winning one of the all time great test matches by around 60 runs.

Have a nice day.
They say there is no limit to hope in the human heart.

Only half of your first sentence went accordingly. Dravid gets 193, Dhoni ALMOST got a century, and we have a lead of 375.

Once again Mcintosh has fallen early, leaving NZ at 18-1. The biggest obstacle in our path to victory is McCullum. If he is gone early tomorrow, I think we can make a result atleast this game. We even have a good chance of the match ending in 4 days. Who knows, tomorrow the first session is the most crucial.

Haha spoken like a true NZ'er there Hip. This other website I got to also has Kiwi guys who post like how you just did. This game is pretty much over. The only thing that can save NZ is rain.

NZ/India match is going as I expected tbh. We couldn't keep playing well for that long. Hopefully our batsmen can do something better than the first innings this time though...

Pak/SA match so far is looking like SA domination, but it really depends on how well the tail holds on for Pak. If Misbah gets 120 or so and the tail get another 50 combined they're down by ~100 and a draw would be likely.

EDIT: Ok lol nvm.

Definitely, but now it seems Smith might not play against us. So if Zahher is also fit in time, then we have a great chance of winning against SA.

High time UDRS is allowed, since there were some DREADFUL decisions in the NZ series.

Actually I'd be a little disappointed if Smith misses the series. 9/10 times he can't get past Zaheers first spell haha.. he's a true bunny. Still a great player though, just not against Zak ;P

He is the captain nonetheless; it is like India without the captaincy of Dhoni. However, SA are going to be a huge challenge for India, in their own backyard this time.

Hipmonlee

Have a nice day
is a Community Contributoris a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Four-Time Past WCoP Champion
Yeah because it is so much easier to come back from 50/5 when the pitch is deteriorating.

Have a nice day.

Yeah because it is so much easier to come back from 50/5 when the pitch is deteriorating.

Have a nice day.
We would have never got to such a position if the pitch was actually good. We would have bowled out NZ for much less making the lead a lot bigger in the first place. It wasn't just the fact that the pitch had nothing in it for the bowlers but it was slow as well. Meaning accelerating for a declaration was pretty hard to do. The whole scenario of the game changes if the pitch was different. Especially since we were batting first in that test.

Hipmonlee

Have a nice day
Well, for the ashes, if india were playing, and the pitches dont suck then I would predict a 5-0 scoreline to them.

Have a nice day.

Looks like there won't be any pitch complaints in the first Ashes test huh. Tbqh I'm surprised that Siddle bowled so well; I've never really rated him much either. Good stuff from Bell, proving that he deserves a solid place in the team.

Time for Hussey to get some runs hopefully. ._.

Yeah good first day, I dunno how Siddle did so well he's usually shit, still think Bollinger should've got the call over him/

I saw that hattrick.. Broad really should have been ready for a straight one. It was just some good bowling by the Aussies, nothing fancy. And that's all you need on this pitch really. Bell looked solid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)