Resource SwSh OU Bazaar

DOUBLE FAIRY BALANCE
Hi.. This is the team I've been laddering with. a balance team using a "fairy spam" core.
Pokepast of the team

LO 3 Attack Cleafable is one of my wincon against bulkier team. Fairy-/Fire-/Electric- coverage is hard to stop by FerroPexCorv cores making Clef hard to wall for many team rn. I like to run Moonlight over Wish because is instant, but is inconsistent again weather teams.
Black Glasses Grimmsnarl is the other fairy and work like a good check againt all the ghost except Gengar. I prefer use this set instead of AV because Priority Thunder Wave is good against many faster attacker and bc my team isnt the fastest in the planet. Also STAB Sucker Punch work really well agaist weathers team.
The others..
Speck Toxtricity is one of the best wallbreaker in the tier. Boombust + Overdrive is hard to stop (you need a ground + a ghost/bomburst resist). Many switc-in can´t take 2 of the other: Overdrive 2HKO Dragapulk and Boomburst 2HKO Excadrill... Also help the core against poison type/spykes, and weakening many Clef check.
Water Absorb Seismitoad is a great defensive pivot aganist the fosill, galarian darmanitan and Stell- types, except Ferro. Provide Stealth Rock and Toxic support for this team.
Flame Orb Conkeldurr provide hazzard control and adittional priority for the team. Flame Orb lets activate Gust, gaining a ton of damage and making a status absorver. The extra damage is recomended, try to not switch in Knock Off without activating beforehand.
Scarf Ditto... Ditto do Ditto Things: reverse sweep boosting mon. Surprisingly many player boost in front of Ditto bc why not...

I have no problem fighting weather + Fossil team. Weeb and Screen HO are complicated if Conk die to soon.

NuttyRabbit

Banned deucer.
I’m glad you enjoyed the team! Before I switched to building for NatDex, I was attempting to use Gastrodon over Toxapex, which would offer a solid Electric immunity and would pivot into Heattom and Washtom. However, I found that preserving the Gyarados and G-Darm MUs, which Gastrodon has a harder time with due its Grass weakness (I didn’t find Max Wuake Gyara too common, but I found Max Overgrowth more) and lack of an Ice-resist, were more important than the appliances. Should those two go, feel free to use Gastro to cure your woes though!
Thanks for the response! Since my post, I've actually played around with the team comp a bit, mainly updating Corviknight's EV spread and replacing Dugtrio with Seismitoad. While the latter may seem radical, it's actually worked wonders for the team, as it gives the team not only a hard Rotom check, but also a Dracovish/Zolt answer, a Toxtricity answer, and a generally great pivot.

This is my current version of the team: https://pokepast.es/572279814c9441d4 and it's worked really well in testing.

Had a couple of matches with this: https://pokepast.es/2241c67886ee3ff4

The team developed pretty much in that order. The conk claps g-darm with mach punch (and can take any 1 hit). Claps ferro with fire punch whether def or spdef sets. 2hko pex and corviknight after leftis. Claps pelipper and is faster than minspeed pelipper and corvi. Decently bulky, drain punch for stab and recovery. HARD walled by the cancer coral.
Scarf hydreigon is the speed control and can clean up. Helps with corsola and momentum. Also claps g-darm (85% of the time 100% of the time) and ferro.
Togekiss, don't need to say anything really. It just works. Got me a cheater accusation already lol.
Defensive core of toad and ferro. Hazards. Has stalled sweep attempts and dmaxes successfully. Stops the fossils. Fought some rain but no gyara yet, worked well though. Very standard I suppose. Good for scouting for grass and fire respectively.
Drill for spinning. Kinda tagged on solely for that purpose. Didn't use him a single time for that though. Wasn't sure what to put on him, sash doesn't work the best because it gets broken by hazards and he seems like a far worse sweeper/revengekiller than on sand teams.

Thoughts while playing: Maybe moving conk's def to spdef to be able to always take one air slash from offensive togekiss and okho back the majority of the time, the default physical bulk is alright. On the other hand full health scenarios aren't always likely. People typically don't use toge early on.
Not sure how to deal with sub np hydreigon.
No grass move to hit opposing waters/water-grounds. Maybe powerwhip on ferro instead of gyroball?

Had a couple of matches with this: https://pokepast.es/2241c67886ee3ff4

The team developed pretty much in that order. The conk claps g-darm with mach punch (and can take any 1 hit). Claps ferro with fire punch whether def or spdef sets. 2hko pex and corviknight after leftis. Claps pelipper and is faster than minspeed pelipper and corvi. Decently bulky, drain punch for stab and recovery. HARD walled by the cancer coral.
Scarf hydreigon is the speed control and can clean up. Helps with corsola and momentum. Also claps g-darm (85% of the time 100% of the time) and ferro.
Togekiss, don't need to say anything really. It just works. Got me a cheater accusation already lol.
Defensive core of toad and ferro. Hazards. Has stalled sweep attempts and dmaxes successfully. Stops the fossils. Fought some rain but no gyara yet, worked well though. Very standard I suppose. Good for scouting for grass and fire respectively.
Drill for spinning. Kinda tagged on solely for that purpose. Didn't use him a single time for that though. Wasn't sure what to put on him, sash doesn't work the best because it gets broken by hazards and he seems like a far worse sweeper/revengekiller than on sand teams.

Thoughts while playing: Maybe moving conk's def to spdef to be able to always take one air slash from offensive togekiss and okho back the majority of the time, the default physical bulk is alright. On the other hand full health scenarios aren't always likely. People typically don't use toge early on.
Not sure how to deal with sub np hydreigon.
No grass move to hit opposing waters/water-grounds. Maybe powerwhip on ferro instead of gyroball?
Change spikes in ferro for powerwhip, you cannot stop spin or defog. With rocks is sufficient

A fun little Toxtricity team I cooked up. Played a few games with it and it seemed to do well. I am open to suggestions, as I am not fully confident in my ability to build a top tier team.

Toxtricity @ Choice Specs
Ability: Punk Rock
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Boomburst
- Volt Switch
- Overdrive
- Sludge Wave

Cinderace @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Pyro Ball
- U-turn
- Court Change
- High Jump Kick

Aegislash @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Stance Change
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- King's Shield
- Shadow Ball
- Sacred Sword
- Shadow Sneak

Ditto @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Imposter
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Transform

Gyarados @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Moxie
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Bounce
- Power Whip
- Dragon Dance

Seismitoad @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Scald
- Toxic
- Earthquake

The team revolves around the core of Toxtricity and Cinderace. Toxtricity wallbreaks for the team and takes out threats like pex that Cinderace can't deal with. Cinderace can break ferro and drill, which Toxtricity can have problems with. Cinderace can use U-Turn to allow Toxtricity to get more opportunities to fire off its powerful attacks. They also form a volt-turn core.

Toxtricity
Serves as the main wallbreaker of the team. It fires off really powerful overdrives and boombursts and can get past prominent pokemon in the meta like pex, clefable, corviknight, etc. Volt Switch can wear down a lot of soft checks and other defensive mons and provide momentum into other mons like Cinderace and Gyarados.

Cinderace
A fast offensive pivot that synergizes well with Toxtricity and provides hazard removal. This takes out Ferrothorn and is relatively fast. I think it is a fantastic mon and am excited to see what it can do with Libero.

Aegislash
Aegislash is just a good mon. It can take hits and dish them out too. Shadow Sneak + Weakness Policy can help it kill a few threats like Dragapult and Togekiss, which this team doesn't deal with super well even if you play around them.

Ditto
This mon fixes a lot of problems vs offensive mons like Dragapult and deals with a lot of the dynamax sweepers that run rampant in the tier.

Gyarados
Gyara is just broken in this meta and I thought it fit this team perfectly. It gets support from Cinderace to break Ferrothorn and other threats. It also provides a ground resist and a water resist in a pinch.

Seismitoad
It is just a great rocker. Toxic helps wear down mons like Corsola. Water resist, ground resist, fire resist you get the picture. It fills in a lot of holes in the team defensively and is overall just a good pokemon.

A little core I was thinking about involved these three:

Alcremie-Gmax (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Aroma Veil
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Mystical Fire
- Dazzling Gleam
- Recover

Dracozolt @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Hustle
Jolly Nature
- Outrage
- Low Kick
- Bolt Beak
- Earthquake

Corviknight @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 248 HP / 208 SpD / 52 Spe
Careful Nature
- Substitute
- Brave Bird
- Roost
- Bulk Up

Fairy/Dragon/Steel core. They cover each other pretty well both offensively and defensively. Dracozolt is there to bop stuff like Toxapex and resists Gyarados' STAB moves and Alcremie is able to set up quite easily on stuff like Ferrothorn and smash it with a Mystical Fire. Dracozolt is fun because it's also able to increase it's attack with D-Max Low Kick so it can also break through Ferrothorn. Might swap out Scarf for Band but scarf catches a number of people by surprise. Corviknight is there to counter stuff like Excadrill, which would otherwise tear through the core. Went with a sub set to beat Ditto, which is everywhere right now.

Defensively Alcremie is weak to Poison (Corviknight) and steel (Corviknight and Dracozolt). Dracozolt is weak to Ground (Corviknight), dragon (Alcremie, Corviknight), and fairy (Corviknight). Corviknight is weak to electric and fire (Dracozolt).

Currently the team I've been using to round them out with is Assault Vest Tyranitar (to handle Dragapult), sash Excadrill (potential lead, rocker, rapid spinner, and with Sand Rush and Iron Head acts as a possible way to handle G-Darmanitan) and Scarf Rotom-W. Scarf Rotom-W is there mostly out of fear of Gyarados and as a water resist, but possibly freeing up rocks on Excadrill and using something like defensive Seismitoad might be better. Been having pretty decent luck with the team thus far.
Rotom-Wash @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Trick

Excadrill @ Focus Sash
Ability: Sand Rush
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Rapid Spin
- Earthquake
- Iron Head

Tyranitar @ Assault Vest
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 224 HP / 32 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Crunch
- Brick Break
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide

Weezing-Galar @ Black Sludge
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Toxic
- Clear Smog
- Aromatherapy
- Defog
Hydreigon @ Haban Berry
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Nasty Plot
- Dark Pulse
- Flash Cannon
Excadrill @ Focus Sash
Ability: Mold Breaker
Adamant Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rock Slide
Hawlucha @ White Herb
Ability: Unburden
EVs: 60 HP / 252 Atk / 196 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Brave Bird
- Bulk Up
- Roost
Seismitoad @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Liquidation
- Poison Jab
Arcanine @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 96 Atk / 156 Def
Adamant Nature
- Morning Sun
- Will-O-Wisp
- Extreme Speed
- Flare Blitz

So far i had decent results with this team.

Art by Ssensenh

Welcome to the Sword & Shield OU Bazaar! This thread is for a more casual team-sharing environment than the RMT subforum. Here are the guidelines:

1. Make sure you've playtested your teams if you're sharing them and looking for advice.
2. Provide an importable for your team and a brief description.

That's it! Here's an example post:
Is chopel berry the best idea for Tyranitar wouldn’t smooth rock or assault vest be better?

Alright last gen I basically only played 1v1 but this meta seemed fun so I've been enjoying it thus far. here's my most recent team
hydreigon.png
rotomh.png
grimmsnarl.png
gyarados.png
hatterene.png
ferrothorn.png

https://pokepast.es/911465b029fff0e6

I made this after I got 6-0'd by a hydreigon and I realized it was nuts. Hydreigon is the primary sweeper, bring it in on something safe and set up with a sub/nasty plot. with +2 it absolutely shreds teams, especially more defensive/stall. The rest of the team is attempting to slow down some of the bigger threats that i've seen.

Rotom-H is an especially good lead if the opponent has g-darm, since you can immediately scout if it's scarf, and if it's not, you can burn it. It can also mess up more defensive mons with trick, but if it keeps the scarf, it's a good fast pivot. Another mon better against defense, although if i can bring it in at the right time it can chip/burn gyarados, outspeeding even at +1.

Typically I don't like screen grimmsnarl but I've never used it so I wanted to try it out. I run leftovers instead of light clay because nothing particularly needs the screens, they help with its longevity as it's mainly a defensive switch-in. sucker punch picks off slower foes and this team was lacking in priority otherwise. It's also very capable of shutting down the fossils/dragapult.

Gyarados is defensive because I wanted another mon to help prevent snowballing. Intimidate can slow down hawlucha, opposing gyara, the fossils, and generally most physical attackers. It still packs a great attack stat, breaking through water-weak types that my team otherwise struggles against. I could run heavy-duty boots over leftovers since I'm lacking in hazard removal, but it's been fine so far.

Hatterene is my countermeasure to hazards with magic bounce, and to emphasize that gross bulk, it's av. Even without life orb I find myself dynamaxing it a lot because it's hard to take down or switch into. Giga drain allows me to recover, although I don't use it too much.

Ferrothorn further cements the teams defensive capabilities, once again inhibiting the fossils, gyarados, and baiting mystical fire/max flare from hatterene to go to one of my resists. Spikes over stealth rocks because it gives me something to do against opposing defensive mons (lol). The team is generally pretty good at stalling out an opponents dynamax or even just blasting through it.

I think my methodology of "focus on beating the big threats" comes from 1v1's style of gameplay/teambuilding, but I hope it translates well. Thanks in advance for any thoughts. Here's some replays.

dynamax gyarados to stop big cloyster (4-0), overall chip to win
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ou-1023937344

forfeit after hydreigon is clear to sweep (4-3) more offensive game
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ou-1023940719

primarily defensive play to stop my opponent before a dmax hatterene induced forfeit (5-2)
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ou-1023945178

KamenOH

formerly DynamaxBestMeta
https://pokepast.es/3b897680d2c23bef
Besides the obviously inflammatory names, what do y'all think of this team? I don't know what style (offense, defense, stall (maybe not stall), HO, shit like that) I was going for, but it's for the suspect OU, and I'm hoping to have my first vote with this suspect.
Glalie is moody shenanigans. Rotom is what rotom does, which is getting rid of the non-ground water types, the fire types, and the non-water ground and rock types.
Dragapult was something I didn't plan out much, except for a few posts on forums. It burns you, hides behind sub, and whittles you down with hex. Flapple is my grass-type coverage, and whatever bug does (psychic/dark/grass).
Ditto. Excadrill. Yeah. Typical sets.

https://pokepast.es/3b897680d2c23bef
Besides the obviously inflammatory names, what do y'all think of this team? I don't know what style (offense, defense, stall (maybe not stall), HO, shit like that) I was going for, but it's for the suspect OU, and I'm hoping to have my first vote with this suspect.
Glalie is moody shenanigans. Rotom is what rotom does, which is getting rid of the non-ground water types, the fire types, and the non-water ground and rock types.
Dragapult was something I didn't plan out much, except for a few posts on forums. It burns you, hides behind sub, and whittles you down with hex. Flapple is my grass-type coverage, and whatever bug does (psychic/dark/grass).
Ditto. Excadrill. Yeah. Typical sets.
you should add a water immunity mon. dracovish is such a massive threat.

Seismitoad @ Leftovers
Relaxed Nature
- Scald
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Toxic

Corviknight @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 76 Def / 180 SpD
Impish Nature
- Brave Bird
- Taunt / Defog
- Body Press / Defog
- Roost

Hydreigon @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- Fire Blast
- U-turn

Aegislash @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Spe
Calm Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Flash Cannon
- Substitute
- King's Shield

Hatterene-Gmax (F) @ Pixie Plate
Ability: Magic Bounce
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Psychic
- Calm Mind
- Draining Kiss
- Mystical Fire

Ditto @ Choice Scarf
Relaxed Nature
- Transform
Hello! Everyone. This is a bulky offence team built around the simple, but effective core of Aegislash+Hydreigon. Aegislash threaten Fairy-types for Hydreigon while also being a major annoyance with the SubShield set. In return, Hydreigon takes advantage of Ghost and Ground-types, that troubles Aegislash. While being inferior to the Nasty Plot set, Choice Specs Hydreigon is able to immediately pressures opposing teams, while also saving an extra moveslot that Nasty Plot uses. Hatterene is the main win condition of the team, which also pressures bulky Pokemon with the help of its ability in Magic Bounce. Seismitoad and Corviknight complement each other nicely and forms a solid hazard control core, while covering the majority of the offensive metagame. Ditto rounds out the team with great revenge killing potential while also preventing Setup Sweepers from blowing away my entire team.

The team struggles with Galarian Darmanitan though, Toad can take a hit or two if its Scarf, and Ditto revenge kills it, but it comes down to speed tie sometimes. If anyone has any advice on how to make this team better against Darmanitan, or any other threat, I will be ever grateful! Overall, this is my first balance team that is actually working and is pretty fun to use as well. Thank you very much for reading :]

In the sample teams thread, there is an Excadrill with Steel Beam. I thought it was a super at first but it had a naive nature. What is the purpose of Steel Beam over a physical attack?

Alright guys, I was wondering whether to post my funner to use team or my most successful first. Since it is my first gen 8 team post, I will go ahead and post my most successful team so far for now (If you want a fairly good team with some more heat, let me know, I got a coupe). Now, for this team, easily its biggest accomplishment its winning me one of the big daily tours at the start of this gen (I believe this was after they stopped publishing them). It relies on two very potent wallbreakers to deal with stall and balance, while your own speed control and momentum machine helps vs offensive builds. It is also a team not made to abuse Dynamax mechanics, so I strongly believe this team will still be worthwhile once Dynamax goes away after the suspect. I have so far not seen any matchup in which I feel I can't pull something off, and it is a Bulky Offense build:

Toxtricity-Hatterene Bulky Offense

So, to go in depth on roles, for those who need it:

-Seismitoad is your main Dracovish and Dracozolt check, and also your rock setter. It runs Toxic to not be as easy for Gyara to abuse, and is also a great mon for Scouting Band GDarm and etc. This mon also has great synergy with Corviknight, it helping deal with the Rotoms and Choice-locked Dragapult and Hydreigon should they try to hit you with coverage on Corvi. The mon is also the tier's most reliable Rocks setter, and can easily deal with Sash Excadrill.

-Corviknight is our hazard control and special sponge. While Mandibuzz is also an option here, Corviknight helps versus the Clefable and Hatterene matchup, despite these 2 having coverage. Corviknight is also able to check Hawlucha far better, and is overall a more offensive mon which does not lose momentum as easily. This mon also helps with the Tyranitar and Excadrill matchup. While this used to be Defog Bulk-Up, I've found that U-Turn provides the team with better tools to use overall, since we are packing so many wallbreakers and sweepers

-Hydreigon is our sweeper and revenge killer. Scarf allows us to outsped Scarf GDarm and bellow, and is the team's best way to deal with this most broken mon in the meta. It is also decently bulky, and able to keep momentum going a its worst. While Substitute Nasty Plot its the best Hydrei set, Scarf is also very viable, and in this team, it is its best set.

-Aegislash completes the famed Hydrei-Aegi core for us, and gives us a spin-blocker that is able to abuse passive mons, and sit in on many threats. This mon also scouts fairly well due to its set, and is a very offensive tank in general. Sub lets this mon deal with offense and balance much better than other sets. On top of this, its the best Hawlucha and Conkeldurr check the team has, with incredible ability to set up Substitutes and attack at will. While not as broken as Sub Toxic Aegi from previous gens, this Sub set its still one of the best it has, and it allows it to be played this gen! (we run 16 Speed to outspeed a few mons, including opposing Aegislash in order to beat them and not rely on ties to do so.

-We now come to the two wallbreakers. Toxtricity, the one mon we always ran, is our first wallbreaker. Having a better offensive matchup than most other powerful mons, this mon can, a worst, keep momentum going and, at best, break down the enemy team like nothing. This mon also has the added benefit of absorbing T-Spikes and absolutely shredding most bulky mons (Even Ferrothorn takes 30+ damage from a Boomburst). Unless your opponent has a Runegigus, they won't be happy running Balance or Stall against this mon.

-Hatterene allows the team to not solely rely on Toxtricity for breaking fat. It also has great synergy with our other mons in typing and role, as Magic Bounce helps deal with pesky Hazard spike teams, Web teams, and slow teams. CM helps Hatterene have a role apart from sweeping due to its bulk, while also maintaining enough power to beat Defensive Ferrothorn with 2 Mystical Fires unboosted. I run this old spread given Toxapex does not concern me much, given I beat it with this 1v1. From utility to power, this mon will, at worst, take 1 mon with it or get off mayor damage while also making your Excadrilless opponent wonder if they should click Rocks or Webs.

Troublesome Matchups:

-Dragapult is your main worry with this team. Due to its speed and variation of sets, this mon can really annoy this team. Also lacking a Mandibuzz, we are forced to scare it out and double/U-turn into mons that can deal with it (like Hydreigon). You could run a mixed Aegi set to deal with most Dragapult easier, but I find Sub Aegi to be more helpful in most matchups.

-Galarian Darmanitan is broken for a reason. Make sure you are ready to punish it when able. Setting Rocks early is primordial here, as well as making sure to scout out its moves with Seismitoad and Aegislash. Hydreigon is the best way to deal with this mon, as well as having a Subbed Aegislash. Note that your opponent could take advantage of Gorilla Tactics being unbanned at the moment and run a surprise Zen set.

Here is that daily tour win by this team (finals were won on forfeit since my opp had to leave and this guy ran Stall making the huge tour last much longer):

Daily Tour Win

I hope this team can help some people out or give you ideas for building. I know Dracovish has taken Toxtricity's shine a bit since we found out about Fishious Rend, but I do believe Toxtricity is still one of the best wallbreakers in the meta currently. I hope this set helps people use it more as well!

View attachment 208690 View attachment 208691 View attachment 208692 View attachment 208693 View attachment 208694 View attachment 208695
Click this for sets

This is a fun team built around the core of Hatterene + Bisharp. Hatterene and Bisharp cover each others weaknesses very well, having great type synergy and being able to beat each others checks fairly well. They can break many defensive cores well, with Hatterene covering Ferrothorn and Toxapex with its coverage and access to Magic Bounce, and Bisharp beating Corsola-Galar and Aegislash with its typing and Dark STAB. Hatterene's Trick Room means they aren't left helpless against offensive teams either, and Bisharp can also clean up threatening offensive mons with Sucker Punch. I've found myself cleaning up teams with Hatterene more often due to how good Trick Room is against all the crazy offense running around right now, but Dynamax Bisharp can put in some work too if the situation calls for it.

Rotom-W covers Bisharp's weaknesses to Fire and Ground while also acting as good speed control and a good pivot. Its EVs allow it to outspeed +1 Gyarados before Dynamax and OHKO it with Volt Switch while also being as tanky as possible. Not the greatest Gyarados counter but it does the job. Trick and Will-O-Wisp are also nice to have to cripple annoying mons like Corviknight.

Excadrill is a nice hazard setter and spinner. Mold Breaker + Sash is a tried and true set that acts as a good lead against a lot of teams. Not much to add really, it's a pretty standard set.

Cinderace is a great utility mon imo. Court Change + Taunt is really nice for shutting down mons like Ferrothorn, and having a fast U-Turn is great as well.

Appletun was added last cause I needed a ground resist that wasn't Rotom-W lol. It can be a good tank that covers annoying mons like opposing Rotom-W and Barraskewda, and sometimes even Dragapult. You can Gigantamax it if need be, but generally Hatterene is going to be the mon you want to Gigantamax because of how good it is once Trick Room is up.
Well, first of all, I apologize for the old bump.

I was going through the thread again and your team looked really interesting to me, but I had just a couple of questions about it.
- I understand the core of this team revolves around TR Hatterene + Bisharp covering for each other. Doesn't this make Bisharp's Spe EV investment an obstacle in practice? This is probably just me missing something, though.
- This is a little bit nitpicky on my part, but is there a specific reason your Appletun has 8 SpD EVs?

Seismitoad @ Leftovers
Relaxed Nature
- Scald
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Toxic

Corviknight @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 76 Def / 180 SpD
Impish Nature
- Brave Bird
- Taunt / Defog
- Body Press / Defog
- Roost

Hydreigon @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- Fire Blast
- U-turn

Aegislash @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Spe
Calm Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Flash Cannon
- Substitute
- King's Shield

Hatterene-Gmax (F) @ Pixie Plate
Ability: Magic Bounce
Relaxed Nature
- Psychic
- Calm Mind
- Draining Kiss
- Mystical Fire

Ditto @ Choice Scarf
Relaxed Nature
- Transform
Hello! Everyone. This is a bulky offence team built around the simple, but effective core of Aegislash+Hydreigon. Aegislash threaten Fairy-types for Hydreigon while also being a major annoyance with the SubShield set. In return, Hydreigon takes advantage of Ghost and Ground-types, that troubles Aegislash. While being inferior to the Nasty Plot set, Choice Specs Hydreigon is able to immediately pressures opposing teams, while also saving an extra moveslot that Nasty Plot uses. Hatterene is the main win condition of the team, which also pressures bulky Pokemon with the help of its ability in Magic Bounce. Seismitoad and Corviknight complement each other nicely and forms a solid hazard control core, while covering the majority of the offensive metagame. Ditto rounds out the team with great revenge killing potential while also preventing Setup Sweepers from blowing away my entire team.

The team struggles with Galarian Darmanitan though, Toad can take a hit or two if its Scarf, and Ditto revenge kills it, but it comes down to speed tie sometimes. If anyone has any advice on how to make this team better against Darmanitan, or any other threat, I will be ever grateful! Overall, this is my first balance team that is actually working and is pretty fun to use as well. Thank you very much for reading :]
You can run scarf on hydreigon. That also helps vs Dragapults.

dracovish´s fishous rend does about 40% if its jolly. so still a great chip. seismitoad completely walls both the ou fossils.
Make sure you calc 170 BP if you calc Fishious Rend. Also, Seismitoad still has to be wary of Outrages and Claws, which do significant damage to you on the switch. Also:

252 Atk Choice Band Strong Jaw Dracovish Fishious Rend vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Flapple: 145-171 (51.6 - 60.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Well, first of all, I apologize for the old bump.

I was going through the thread again and your team looked really interesting to me, but I had just a couple of questions about it.
- I understand the core of this team revolves around TR Hatterene + Bisharp covering for each other. Doesn't this make Bisharp's Spe EV investment an obstacle in practice? This is probably just me missing something, though.
- This is a little bit nitpicky on my part, but is there a specific reason your Appletun has 8 SpD EVs?
All good bro.

No particular reason why Appletun has 8 SpD EVs. Just dumped the remaining 8 EVs into it. Probably should've put 252 EVs in HP, so you can do 252 HP/ 252 SpA/4 SpD if you want, doesn't affect the build.

Bisharp doesn't often abuse Trick Room. Bisharp has enough base speed to justify investing into it to outspeed as much as possible that could threaten Hatt. Meanwhile, Hatt's speed is so low that there's a reason for her to abuse TR to the fullest. In that sense, it's better to have Bisharp outspeed as much as possible without relying on Hatt to set up TR or having it become overly reliant on Sucker Punch if setting up TR isn't possible.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)