Resource SwSh OU Bazaar

GMars

It's ya boy GEEEEEEEEMARS
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

Art by Ssensenh

Welcome to the Sword & Shield OU Bazaar! This thread is for a more casual team-sharing environment than the RMT subforum. Here are the guidelines:

1. Make sure you've playtested your teams if you're sharing them and looking for advice.
2. Provide an importable for your team and a brief description.

That's it! Here's an example post:
Leo said:

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Spikes
- Leech Seed
- Power Whip
- Protect

Excadrill @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Rush
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rapid Spin

Tyranitar @ Chople Berry
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 168 Atk / 88 SpA
Brave Nature
IVs: 27 Spe
- Crunch
- Stone Edge
- Fire Blast
- Thunder Wave

Rotom-Wash @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 44 SpA / 216 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Trick
- Will-O-Wisp

Corsola-Galar @ Eviolite
Ability: Cursed Body
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Strength Sap
- Hex
- Stealth Rock

Dragapult @ Choice Specs
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Shadow Ball
- Fire Blast
- U-turn

This is a bulky offense team built around the traditional Tyranitar+Excadrill sand core. Excadrill is very effective at controlling the hazard game with Rapid Spin while threatening to sweep the opposing team after a Swords Dance boost should its checks be weakened. The Tyranitar set is geared towards beating Close Combat Aegislash, which would otherwise be troublesome to the team while providing sand and a handful of good resists. Ferrothorn+Corsola complement each other nicely and set up hazards while covering the majority of the offensive metagame. Scarf Rotom-W acts as speed control and a secondary water resist. Dragapult rounds out the team with great wallbreaking potential and momentum generating utility thanks to U-Turn while being able to revenge kill Aegislash and Bulk Up Corviknight behind a sub thanks to infiltrator.

:Aegislash: :Hydreigon: :Ferrothorn: :Toxapex: :Corsola-Galar: :Ditto:

Simple balance team centered around Aegislash + NP Hydreigon with the sold defensive core of Ferro/Pex/Cola-G to back them up. Ditto was added for insurance against Dynamax threats. Pex also absorbs T-Spikes for Ditto and together make a great anti-stall core along side Hydreigon making the match up very good against typical stall teams.

This has been the main team I've been using since SWSH release.

Last edited:

Eldegoss @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 200 SpD / 56 Spe
Calm Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Sleep Powder
- Aromatherapy
- Giga Drain

Rotom-Wash @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Trick
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp

Mimikyu @ Life Orb
Ability: Disguise
Jolly Nature
- Play Rough
- Shadow Sneak
- Swords Dance
- Shadow Claw

Corviknight-Gmax @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 248 HP / 4 Atk / 56 Def / 200 SpD
Careful Nature
- Substitute
- Brave Bird
- Bulk Up
- Roost

Reuniclus @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Psychic
- Thunder
- Calm Mind
- Recover

Ditto @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Imposter
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Transform

Cute little balance I've been cooking up for the past two days, I've done some 60 or so games with it between ladder/friendlies and it managed to get a pretty strong winrate. Spreads probably need some work but they have been putting up decently so it's fine (Eldegoss is specifically made to surpass 240+ Speed Corviknight after rapid spin however). Eldegoss itself is definitely a meh choice, but often times it does just about what it needs to. Rotom is in most matchups your go to lead, as almost all other leads are threatened by one of those four moves, and the best possible outcome you want to get out of that interaction is tricking a ferrothorn which is otherwise a bit of nuisance for this team. Mimikyu and Ditto are your main answers to dynamax, one or the other depending on what you are up against, mimikyu specifically also offers for a nice check to physical dragapult provided you don't receive a uturn coming in, while ditto keeps nearly all setuppers in check and makes for a wonderful interaction with dynamax whilst also being a threatening lead against darmanitan. At last Corviknight and Reuniclus serve as pretty good bulky sweepers, both of them make quite a nice use of dynamax and have the potential to singlehandedly win games with the right conditions.

Tl;dr the team works pretty nicely, the only major flaw that I could notice being the lack of a ghost resist sometimes making dragapult too hard to play around and not having anything that can switch into darmanitan reliably.

Last edited:
1574198188369.png
1574198202906.png
1574198223967.png
1574198339380.png
1574198672059.png
1574198747418.png

Runerigus @ Mental Herb
Ability: Wandering Spirit
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Body Press
- Trick Room
- Stealth Rock
- Memento

Corviknight @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 52 Atk / 208 SpD
Careful Nature
- Brave Bird
- Roost
- Bulk Up
- Body Press

Chandelure @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 Def
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Calm Mind
- Flamethrower
- Energy Ball
- Trick Room

Hatterene-Gmax (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Quiet Nature
- Trick Room
- Dazzling Gleam
- Psychic
- Mystical Fire

Sirfetch'd @ Life Orb
Ability: Scrappy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Brave Nature
- Close Combat
- First Impression
- Knock Off
- Swords Dance

Vikavolt @ Choice Specs
Quiet Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon
- Volt Switch
- Bug Buzz

I call this team "My Favourites Are Only Viable with Trick Room"

Runerigus is the lead, setting Stealth Rocks and Trick Room up before sacrificing itself with Memento. Corviknight is the main line of defense, only really buckling to Fire gives it time to set up Bulk Up and become a powerhouse. Body Press is helpful for coverage so it isn't hard walled by things that resist Brave Bird. Chandelure is usable in and out of Trick Room, with powerful offensive options if it can set up. Sirfetch'd, who I thought would be a weak link, is actually quite strong and takes most opponents off-guard. Vikavolt reaches the speed he always should have had in Trick Room, though I may replace him with Toxtricity because I like Toxtricity and also this team doesn't have a dedicated answer to Fairies yet (except Corviknight who just walls them for as long as possible)

Hatterene is the functional glue that holds this all together, but she actually impressed me with her strength. Very helpful mid-fight to reset Trick Room and to Gigantamax and clear out some opponents.

Solaros & Lunaris

Hold that faith that is made of steel
is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
:toxapex: :ferrothorn: :corsola: :dugtrio: :ditto: no corvi sprite
https://pokepast.es/2e4a0aab579e3bff

So, uh, this is a pretty basic semi-stall I built because I feared duggy and dynamax would be banned and wanted to abuse duggy and ditto before they left. The basic premise is hazard stack + status + leech with SubBU Corviknight as the wincon. FerroPexSola, otherwise known as the “Triple Cancer Core”, is practically impossible to break outside of stuff like Galarian Darmanitan, and I expect it to be the backbone of stall teams. They set hazards, leech stuff, status stuff and can keep their longevity up. Broke-ass Dugtrio supports the defensive squad, trapping stuff like Darm and the occasional Hatterene that may block hazard setting attempts. I’m cureently experimenting with the set, but here I’ve gone with what SM OU was infested with as a placeholder. Ditto is the best Dynamax check, I don’t think I need to explain anything else about. Its just a good mon in these offense-potent metagames. Lastly, Corviknight has good synergy with the defensive core, providing that Ground immunity and Skarmory-esque qualities. It is the only real “abuser” of Dynamax, but really it just appreciates the stronger Max Airstream and +Spe. As for other options, Baneful Bunker might be cool on Pex and the Duggy set is still being experimented, but other than that there isn’t much variation.

Other teams I’d recommend are stuff like Sayuze’s Sand Balance, Sagisolar’s NP Drei + Aegi BO posted above, and Egor’s team in the Meta Discussion thread.

Edit: here’s the right paste

Last edited:
1574246803937.png

1574246964289.png Metronome Centiskorch
1574246968902.png

This is a team built is my attempt to get some good use out of Centi.
Metronome allows it to capitalize on the defense drops fire lash gets. It's honestly pretty underwhelming sometimes, but can put in work. [i once beat somebody's Pex cos they forgot haze themselves, which was hilarious.]
Flame body is situational but prevents ditto from being too annoying.
The 20 speed allows it to outspeed Corviknight, and the rest is dumped into hp. [hp evs not optimized for rocks, cos i'm bad an lazy]
Corv and Cinderace provide good hazard control. - rest of the team is self-explanatory.
team is decently solid - but don't expect too much lol

Attachments

:toxapex: :ferrothorn: :corsola: :dugtrio: :ditto: no corvi sprite
https://pokepast.es/2e4a0aab579e3bff

So, uh, this is a pretty basic semi-stall I built because I feared duggy and dynamax would be banned and wanted to abuse duggy and ditto before they left. The basic premise is hazard stack + status + leech with SubBU Corviknight as the wincon. FerroPexSola, otherwise known as the “Triple Cancer Core”, is practically impossible to break outside of stuff like Galarian Darmanitan, and I expect it to be the backbone of stall teams. They set hazards, leech stuff, status stuff and can keep their longevity up. Broke-ass Dugtrio supports the defensive squad, trapping stuff like Darm and the occasional Hatterene that may block hazard setting attempts. I’m cureently experimenting with the set, but here I’ve gone with what SM OU was infested with as a placeholder. Ditto is the best Dynamax check, I don’t think I need to explain anything else about. Its just a good mon in these offense-potent metagames. Lastly, Corviknight has good synergy with the defensive core, providing that Ground immunity and Skarmory-esque qualities. It is the only real “abuser” of Dynamax, but really it just appreciates the stronger Max Airstream and +Spe. As for other options, Baneful Bunker might be cool on Pex and the Duggy set is still being experimented, but other than that there isn’t much variation.

Other teams I’d recommend are stuff like Sayuze’s Sand Balance, Sagisolar’s NP Drei + Aegi BO posted above, and Egor’s team in the Meta Discussion thread.

Edit: here’s the right paste
Sorry, but I don't understand how Dugtrio beats Darm. It can't switch in, so you have to sac a mon, which is rly bad and you need to keep off hazards if you want to keep you sash, which is very difficult as darm applies so much pressure (talking about its most common set Scarf). Sure in certain scenarios it can beat darm, but duggy just doesn't seem that reliable

Solaros & Lunaris

Hold that faith that is made of steel
is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Sorry, but I don't understand how Dugtrio beats Darm. It can't switch in, so you have to sac a mon, which is rly bad and you need to keep off hazards if you want to keep you sash, which is very difficult as darm applies so much pressure (talking about its most common set Scarf). Sure in certain scenarios it can beat darm, but duggy just doesn't seem that reliable
I was referring to CB Darm, not Scarf Darm. It easily breaks the defensive core but Dugtrio traps it before it gets too out of hand. While I may have to sack a mon, CB Darm has no switch-in so I was okay with it lol.

I was referring to CB Darm, not Scarf Darm. It easily breaks the defensive core but Dugtrio traps it before it gets too out of hand. While I may have to sack a mon, CB Darm has no switch-in so I was okay with it lol.
You, as a stall team, cannot be saying "I may have to sack a Pokemon but I'm okay with it lol". It doesn't really matter what Darm you're up against because it seems like you're saying this team just lies down and dies if it sees it. If Dugtrio is sacrificing a Pokemon to get rid of Darmanitan, then this team needs to either change its current sets or Duggy to something else in order to better deal with Darmanitan.

I'm only saying this because Darm is on 90% of the teams I'm seeing on the ladder atm. Stall can't just be sacking to it constantly without being able to get damn near GUARANTEED mileage out of it.

This meta is definitely hard on Stall right now. Dynamax does not do Stall any favors in how it can snowball a boosting attacker way out of proportion on top of the fact that it encourages offense heavy playstyles, but Dugtrio hasn't really justified its usage this generation since everything is so bulky.

1574256444610.png
1574256478535.png
1574256551510.png
1574256531716.png
1574256566004.png
1574256574812.png

Importable

This is a non-hazard balance team (kinda). The general playstyle for this team is, play safe.
The team consist of:
Grimmsnarl - Before you ask, yes this is ABR's set. I used it as the main pivot for opposing Dragapult. The concept of resttalk prankster + bulk up + a physical stab that weakens special attack was way too enticing. (ABR, 2019)
Dragapult - The mixed draga set is chosen in this team because of how well it can deal against STEELS that this team suffers from, such as Ferrothorn, Excadrill and Corviknight by spamming expert belt boosted fire blast and thunderbolt. You will be surprised by the number of Ferrothorn kills that you can get from using this set.
Pyukumuku - Reliable galar-Darmanitan switch-in, except the banded earthquake set. Unaware shuts down physical sweepers and a selected list of special sweepers (Frosmoth) by toxic+recover stall. Soak has 2 main roles, that is (1) remove same type attack bonus (STAB) and (2) make them vulnerable to toxic. It is the real mvp in this team if you ask me.
Toxtricity - Scarf to outspeed banded Darmanitan and adamant +1 Gyarados, and revenge kill them. Overdrive effectively 2hko Toxapex and Corviknight and sludge wave for the fairies. Nuzzle is there to cripple fast speed mons such as Dragapult.
Eldegoss - Heavy duty boots let it safely pivots in and spins with ease, without any worry about toxic spikes and chip damage from hazards. Giga drain allow it to counter Hippowdon, Seismitoad and Rotom-W. Protect is to burn one Dmax turn and trust me, it happens quite often.
Corviknight - The backup galar-Darmanitan switch in. Steel flying typing makes it an easy switch into ground types such as Excadrill and Hippowdon. Pressure+spite+substitute is super annoying to deal with, and even with 0 investment in defense ev it can take 2 hits of rock moves from Excadrill behind a sub, and dealing around 20% damage to it using brave bird every turn.

Attachments

(click icons for importable)

hi. havent posted in a while but this new generation seems interesting. most of the teams i built sucked ass and got thrown away after a few games but this is one that i thought worked decently, although it does have its glaring weaknesses. ive been hyping up corviknight since it was first revealed and im glad its living up to its hype being a defensive staple in the current metagame. pairing it with the likes of pex, and corsola (which surprised me at how good this mon is), forms a nice defensive backbone for a team. the main goal when building was for me to use reuniclus since this mon is super slept on at the moment and with its addition to stored power, making double dance reuni an even bigger threat than it was in previous gens. i got stuck here for a while at 5 mons but just decided to throw on clef as a check for set up mons. some things i was considering changing within the team (havent tested yet) was to try a different corviknight spread and then using bulk up > taunt. gives me a secondary wincon and could snowball out of control with dynamaxing and max fly move. some things that this team really struggles with is taunt as every mon could potentially get shut down by taunt. probably a bunch of shit im missing but whatever. gonna continue testing stuff and playing with the team and maybe ill throw it in rmt if i feel like it.

Image result for gigantamax gengar

Gengar-Gmax @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Wave
- Thunderbolt

Grimmsnarl-Gmax (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
Careful Nature
- Bulk Up
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Spirit Break

Corviknight-Gmax @ Leftovers
Ability: Mirror Armor
Impish Nature
- Brave Bird
- Body Press
- Roost
- Defog

Goodra @ Leftovers
Ability: Sap Sipper
EVs: 252 HP / 200 SpA / 56 SpD
Modest Nature
- Fire Blast
- Thunderbolt
- Draco Meteor
- Life Dew

Corsola-Galar @ Eviolite
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Will-O-Wisp
- Strength Sap
- Night Shade

Ditto @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
- Transform

For real though, after Gengar was absolutely awful in Gen 7 OU I'm so happy that Gengar is one of the most threatening offensive mons from past gens now. Nasty Plot + Life Orb is super strong, and completely rips through so many defensive cores (an example is the popular Corviknight + G-Corsola + Clef core, which Gengar gets a free win against). However, Gengar is prone to being revenge killed by faster threats such as Dragapult, so I'm running ABR's signature Grimmsnarl set because it walls Dragapult pretty easily. Grimmsnarl gets countered pretty hard by steel-types such as Excadrill (which is running rampant in the tier rn) so we have Corviknight with Body Press, which also acts as our Defogger.

The really interesting thing about these three is that all three are Gigantimax forms, meaning that you have many options whenever you decide to go for your sweep. Gengar is mad scary and Max Ooze is pretty busted, ensuring that you snowball to victory if your opponent already lost their speed control. Grimmsnarl-Gmax after a couple of bulk ups is so PHAT that nothing short of Max Steelspike is denting it. Corviknight is rarely gmaxed because this is the defogger version and not bulk up, but sometimes you can still win with it given Max Knuckle grants attack boosts and Max Airstream grants speed boosts, both of which are broken.

Goodra is surprisingly good in this meta, as it checks anything using Fire Blast or Thunderbolt for Corviknight, and Sap Sipper means it's a risk-free switch-in for opposing Ferrothorn, and the given spread allows Goodra to almost always OHKO Ferrothorn, even if they're that mixed Chinese set with 88 Spdef evs. G-Corsola and scarf Ditto are pretty much mandatory checks for the most broken Dynamax abusers such as Gyarados, Barraskewda, Hawlucha, etc.

Honestly, people are talking about dynamax being broken but I've never lost to any of those "broken" dynamax sweepers with this team. All the threats in this meta seem pretty manageable and I definitely think that balance/bulky offense is way to go this gen, HO was good during the beta but now people know what those threats are, and stall is garbage (thank god).

Overall this team is pretty fun and isn't too difficult to pilot. After playing around for like an hour I was at no losses and in the top 500 with no real difficulty. Best way to play this team is to slowly wear down your opponent's team until you find an opening and double into Gengar and wreck havoc.

https://pokepast.es/596d2bea2bc962a8

Volturn Team utilising new mons..

I use this team in lowladder and work greatly. The basic is use CB Crawdaunt to wallbreack and check offensive threats with Aqua Jet

CB Crawdant is the physical Wallbreaker of the team..
some damage calc:
252+ Atk Choice Band Crawdaunt Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Ferrothorn: 242-286 (68.7 - 81.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk Choice Band Adaptability Crawdaunt Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Toxapex: 228-270 (75 - 88.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Adaptability Crawdaunt Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Misdreavus: 316-376 (97.5 - 116%) -- 87.5% chance to OHKO (misdreavus has 60hHp/100Def same as G-Corsola)
252+ Atk Choice Band Adaptability Crawdaunt Crabhammer vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Skarmory: 238-280 (59.5 - 70%) -- guaranteed 2HKO (same stats as corviknight, but normally are special defensive)
also Aqua Jet checks many treats
252+ Atk Choice Band Adaptability Crawdaunt Aqua Jet vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Darmanitan: 220-260 (62.6 - 74%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Adaptability Crawdaunt Aqua Jet vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Excadrill: 412-488 (113.8 - 134.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Specks Toxtricity to volt swicht around and check fairy types..
Scarf GT G-Darmanitan for speed control
Noivern is a fast deffoger and check things trought sub tranks to Infiltrator
Wish Unaware Cleafable is a go to check to the buster on the tier also have Stealth Rock
Obstagoon is a offensive support whit Taunt, Knock Off and Parting Shot.. Gust lest Absorb Status. last move is changeable

Replay: Again G-Corsola + Ferro
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ou-1014859939

UNAWARE CLEAFABLE IS UNREALISED YET... this mean this team doesnt work as well anymore.. Ferro can be a replacement for the moment :(

Last edited:
https://pokepast.es/a86795063f697e6a

Gallade (M) @ Blunder Policy
Ability: Justified
Adamant Nature
- Hypnosis
- Thunder Punch
- Zen Headbutt
- Close Combat

Gardevoir @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Trace
Timid Nature
IVS: 0 Atk
- Moonblast
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
- Thunderbolt

Centiskorch-GMax @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Adamant Nature
- Fire Lash
- Power Whip
- Leech Life
- Knock Off

Toxapex @ Black Sludge
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Def
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Baneful Bunker
- Recover
- Haze

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Relaxed Nature
- Leech Life
- Protect
- Gyro Ball
- Thunder Wave

Mandibuzz @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Overcoat
Impish Nature
- Foul Play
- Toxic / Taunt
- Roost
- Defog

I generally lead with Gallade, who threatens some common leads like TTar, Pelipper, or suicide Exca, letting it set up the Hypnosis Blunder Policy for free - preferably missing for the speed, and otherwise putting whoever the counter they sent out is to sleep. Move coverage meant to deal with Corviknight and Gyarados, with his dual STABs handling much of the rest. My defensive core is meant to keep hazards at bay with Mandibuzz and take care of G-Darm between the three of them resisting (or being immune to) each of its attacks (and Flare Blitz is a free switch in for Centiskorch, who doesn't fear even a DMax after if he's using it to break out of choice lock, as the lack of CB/GT lets it tank all but Max Rockfall). Protect and Baneful Bunker are there to stall out potentially lethal DMaxes (and cripple them in return with Bunker, as I may not always find the time to Toxic something, and it fits nicely on the specially defensive set to scout out EQs on the opponent.)
Lastly, Garde is my go-to revenge killer, hitting just about anything for SE damage and outspeeding most opponents that aren't at +1/+2 speed themselves (and even better if tracing Swift Swim/Sand Rush vs rain/sand teams).

The team largely struggles with switch ins vs HO, as while they're reasonably bulky, Gallade and Gardevoir prefer not to switch into anything that hits them even neutrally, and it's not unlikely I'm forced to sack Gallade so something else can come in safely. Also, miss-predicting the other person's 1st turn with a bad Hypnosis roll can change a lot in the fight, as putting a suicide lead to sleep loses me both the speed and the chance to put something more threatening to sleep later if they don't keep it in until I KO it / it wakes up because of Sleep Clause.

Last edited:
This is the team I've been using in OU singles so far. I'm looking for any advice to improve it, but I've found decent success with it:
Galarian Form Normal Mode
Barraskewda (M) @ Choice Band
Ability: Swift Swim
Adamant Nature
- Liquidation
- Close Combat
- Poison Jab
- Psychic Fangs

Dragapult (M) @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Dragon Darts
- Shadow Ball
- Thunderbolt
- Fire Blast

Ferrothorn (M) @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 248 HP / 168 Def / 88 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Gyro Ball
- Stealth Rock
- Power Whip
- Leech Seed

Corviknight @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Impish Nature
- Body Press
- Taunt
- Roost
- Defog

Toxtricity (M) @ Throat Spray
Ability: Punk Rock
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Overdrive
- Boomburst
- Sludge Wave
- Shift Gear

Darmanitan-Galar (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Gorilla Tactics
Adamant Nature
- U-turn
- Flare Blitz
- Earthquake
- Icicle Crash

It's a very offensive team, with the occasional Ferrothorn and Corviknight for hazard support and removal. The motivation behind this team was to build something around Barraskewda and Dragapult, given that those are two Pokemon I have found to enjoy quite a bit this generation. Toxtricity and Darmanitan are there for type variety and coverage; I initially tried to go the surprise route with Heavy Duty Boots Zen Mode Darmanitan, but I found I could never get the Belly Drum off properly, so I switched to the standard Scarf build. The Dragapult set here is based on my in-game Drag, which is also Hasty with Infiltrator, so that I don't have to waste BP on a mint or ability capsule. I have found this particular Ferrothorn set to work wonders ever since BW2, and it's pretty much the only Ferrothorn set I ever run. The Pokemon I'm least confident about is Corviknight, which currently only serves for Taunt and Defog.

That was my brief amalgam of thoughts on how the team was formed in one paragraph. My main issues against this team that I have found so far are opposing Dragapult (especially Choice Scarf) and Ditto, which always happen to come in at the least opportune time and deal irreparable damage to the team. If anyone has any advice on how to make this team better against these or any other threats I will be ever grateful!

https://pokepast.es/596d2bea2bc962a8

Volturn Team utilising new mons..

I use this team in lowladder and work greatly. The basic is use CB Crawdaunt to wallbreack and check offensive threats with Aqua Jet

CB Crawdant is the physical Wallbreaker of the team..
some damage calc:
252+ Atk Choice Band Crawdaunt Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Ferrothorn: 242-286 (68.7 - 81.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk Choice Band Adaptability Crawdaunt Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Toxapex: 228-270 (75 - 88.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Adaptability Crawdaunt Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Misdreavus: 316-376 (97.5 - 116%) -- 87.5% chance to OHKO (misdreavus has 60hHp/100Def same as G-Corsola)
252+ Atk Choice Band Adaptability Crawdaunt Crabhammer vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Skarmory: 238-280 (59.5 - 70%) -- guaranteed 2HKO (same stats as corviknight, but normally are special defensive)
also Aqua Jet checks many treats
252+ Atk Choice Band Adaptability Crawdaunt Aqua Jet vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Darmanitan: 220-260 (62.6 - 74%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Adaptability Crawdaunt Aqua Jet vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Excadrill: 412-488 (113.8 - 134.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Specks Toxtricity to volt swicht around and check fairy types..
Scarf GT G-Darmanitan for speed control
Noivern is a fast deffoger and check things trought sub tranks to Infiltrator
Wish Unaware Cleafable is a go to check to the buster on the tier also have Stealth Rock
Obstagoon is a offensive support whit Taunt, Knock Off and Parting Shot.. Gust lest Absorb Status. last move is changeable
Crawdaunt is the real deal and I think is seriously undervalued right now. I've been using a variant of this team since you I saw you post it earlier this week -- I swapped obstagoon out for physically defensive Ferrothorn with Spikes / Leech Seed / Power Whip / Protect. This set shrugs off dynamax gyarados with ease through leech seed and protect.

Crawdaunt is the real deal and I think is seriously undervalued right now. I've been using a variant of this team since you I saw you post it earlier this week -- I swapped obstagoon out for physically defensive Ferrothorn with Spikes / Leech Seed / Power Whip / Protect. This set shrugs off dynamax gyarados with ease through leech seed and protect.
I posted in the metagame post i think... if you stack many hazzards you will need to use a spinner and a spin blocker to work great... Crawdaunt need only rock to make some KO

Nexomaki

formerly Stratus ATN
ezgif.com-crop.png
ezgif.com-crop (1).png
ezgif.com-crop (2).png
ezgif.com-crop (3).png
ezgif.com-crop (4).png
ezgif.com-crop (5).png

Hey guys, I wanted to share with y'all a team that I've had amazing success with at the moment. I went 34-1 today with this team and hit 80.3 GXE which is pretty good imo.

Togekiss @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Air Slash
- Flamethrower
- Psychic

Aegislash @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Stance Change
Quiet Nature
- Shadow Ball
- King's Shield
- Close Combat
- Flash Cannon

Toxapex @ Black Sludge
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Toxic
- Recover
- Haze

Mamoswine @ Life Orb
Ability: Thick Fat
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Icicle Crash
- Ice Shard

Dragapult @ Choice Specs
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
- U-turn
- Thunderbolt

Mandibuzz @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 248 HP / 128 Def / 108 SpD / 24 Spe
Bold Nature
- Foul Play
- Roost
- Taunt
- Defog

Togekiss is an absolute menace this generation thanks to Dynamax. A +2 Dynamax Togekiss can sweep teams very easily due to Max Airstream and Air Slash flinches after Dynamax has ended. Potentially getting +3 Speed and +2 Special Attack is really threatening especially in an late-game situation where the opponent's team is chipped down. In terms of coverage, Flamethrower is for Ferrothorn, Corviknight, and Aegislash which would otherwise wall this set. Psychic is mainly for Toxapex to OHKO it with +2 Max Mindstorm to disable it from using Haze which can potentially stop a sweep. Like most Dynamax sweepers, Ditto can reverse sweep so it's best to exercise caution with sweeping if playing against one. One thing to note is that Dynamax Pokemon are immune to flinching, so a non-dynamax ditto cannot revenge kill Togekiss unless it's dangerously low.

Aegislash has complements Togekiss well, resisting Ice, Rock, Poison, and Steel. Aegislash provides a good check to most Fairies in the tier like Clefable, Hatterene, etc. I went with Flash Cannon over Shadow Sneak to hit Clefable super-effectively, which would otherwise give this team alot of trouble.

Toxapex is my go-to pivot in most games, it can threaten alot of it's switchins with Scald burns and Toxic poison, and can Haze setup sweepers. Toxapex also checks non-Earthquake Gyarados which is really nice considering people are running Power Whip over EQ for Rotom-W. It lives Scarf G-Darm's EQ from full too which is very useful since this team is very weak to it.

Mamoswine provides useful priority in the form of Ice Shard to offset the team's general lack of speed control. It's usually my go-to lead in most scenarios due to it's amazing stabs hitting most of the metagame for neutral damage. It gets up Rocks vs most Defoggers like Mandibuzz. Rotom doesn't get Defog this generation, which is really good for Mamoswine since it can at least get up rocks on Rotom.

Dragapult is really good in it's debut generation due to it's really good special movepool and blazing speed. I am forgoing shadow ball due to the fact that I need to threaten Toxapex in some form without resorting to Togekiss. Mamoswine is really unsafe due to a chance of a Scald burn/Toxic Poison. Dragapult can threaten Toxapex with Thunderbolt and can come in relatively safe. Fire Blast hits Corviknight and Ferrothorn in one moveslot which is great too. Dragapult also has good Dynamax potential, so you can use it to Dynamax if the opposing team is hard to break or Togekiss cannot sweep efficiently. Infiltrator also bypasses Screens which is very useful for breaking mons behind Reflect and Light Screen.

Mandibuzz offers Defog support and checks Bulk Up Corviknight, prevents Ferrothorn from keeping up Rocks, checks Aegislash, and counters G-Corsola. Rocky Helmet is useful for punishing U-turn from Dragapult, Cinderace, and Scarf Hydreigon. The spread outspeeds most Corviknight sets utilizing Bulk Up so you can taunt them first. It also checks Excadrill which would otherwise be really annoying for this team to deal with.

In terms of counters and generally annoying Pokemon to face, Tyranitar is really hard to deal with, as it can 2HKO the entire team. Although Band is generally easier to play against, DD Ttar can sweep the team relatively easily if it gets the chance to. Drednaw can be very annoying to face since it can sweep the team if Toxapex is unable to get a burn on it. Obstagoon can also be a problem nothing can really threaten it other than Togekiss.
I might be missing some other mons that the team struggles against but whatever, feel free to tell me.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ou-1016130280
This replay shows off Dynamax Dragapult. I did not use Dynamax Togekiss because he had a Scarf Rotom-Heat on his team that could revenge kill Togekiss. It's really good as an endgame alternative to Togekiss.

Last edited:

solonor24

Banned deucer.
Excadrill @ Life Orb
Ability: Sand Rush
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Rapid Spin
- Earthquake
- Iron Head

Dragapult @ Choice Band
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- U-turn
- Dragon Darts
- Sucker Punch
- Fire Blast

Tyranitar @ Smooth Rock
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Crunch
- Stone Edge
- Fire Punch

Corviknight @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 32 Atk / 52 Def / 52 SpD / 120 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Bulk Up
- Brave Bird
- Substitute
- Roost

Rotom-Wash @ Iapapa Berry
Calm Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Thunder Wave
- Will-O-Wisp

Clefable @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Fire Blast
- Moonblast
- Moonlight

This team needs no introduction. Everybody and their mother knows sand is completely busted and Excadrill will inevitably sweep at least half of the games you play on the ladder. This team has good synergy as Rotom-Wash provides a Gyarados answer while Clef is mainly there as a dragapult answer/ferrothorn lure. Corviknight provides a good answer to opposing sand Excadrill abusers, and surprisingly puts in a lot of work if in at the right time.

In my experience, this team struggles with darmanitan galar, the new dracovish, and rain teams. Rotom-wash + sand is this teams attempted counterplay to rain. Other than that, the team functions really well.

I have no ideas for Competitive. Help. im just getting into it and i need someone to help me build a team based around Darmanitan and Toxtricity. I dont wanna use Gengar, Corsola, or Dragapult. Help?

I have no ideas for Competitive. Help. im just getting into it and i need someone to help me build a team based around Darmanitan and Toxtricity. I dont wanna use Gengar, Corsola, or Dragapult. Help?
Try a rain team? Pelipper, Barra, Darm, Tox, Ferro, Rotom-W/Corviknight/something else you think works here.

Try a rain team? Pelipper, Barra, Darm, Tox, Ferro, Rotom-W/Corviknight/something else you think works here.
Actually, I attempted to make a team. It's a simple team. Toxicitry and Gardevoir for special attack, Darmanitan and Excadrill for physical sweeping, and lastly Tyranitar and Ferrothorn. Does that sound decent?

quziel

I am the Scientist now
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a member of the Battle Simulator Staff
Hey, I'd like to share a team I've been having a ton of fun with that shows off a few cool sets, and is explicitly imp-proof'd in terms of both its main sweepers/breakers. I built around Physical LO Kommo-o as every time I've used the mon I've felt its been missing a bit of power, and Life Orb fixes that. Luckily for me it is completely imp-proofed by Jellicent, which also takes on Galarian Darm and Dracovish and spreads burns to the enemy team, making it easier to pivot around and set up. Clefable completes the core, and between it and Kommo-o the majority of Hydreigon sets are taken care of. Clefable also lures in Ferrothorn, helping out Jelli, and sets SR. Corvi provides a really solid Exca answer, which is needed at this point as none of the team so far really wants to come in on it, Ditto does ditto stuff, and Specs Rotom-H is here to annoy Ferro-Pex cores with its stabs and trick, take on Sub-BU Corvi, provide a suitable switchin to LO Clefable, as well as provide a last ditch check to Hatterene. Its probable that a NP Rotom-H would be better here, but I dislike teams without at least one source of immediate power.

corvi.png

Kommo-o @ Life Orb
Ability: Soundproof
Jolly Nature
- Clangorous Soul
- Earthquake
- Poison Jab
- Drain Punch

Jellicent @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Water Absorb
Bold Nature
- Hex
- Taunt
- Strength Sap
- Will-O-Wisp / Scald

Clefable @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Moonlight
- Stealth Rock
- Fire Blast

Corviknight @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 168 Def / 88 SpD
Careful Nature
- Bulk Up
- Brave Bird
- Roost
- Defog

Rotom-Heat @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Discharge
- Overheat
- Trick

Ditto @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Transform

Team obviously isn't perfect as is seriously struggles with Sub-Gyara (luckily uncommon), lets in Hydreigon a tad too often, and really doesn't deal with Hatterene very well. Random coverage from Gengar is also a major issue as while Kommo-o takes on stuff like Sball/Focus Blast/Tbolt, it can be KO'd by coverage like Dgleam, or by a surprise Dmax.

View attachment 207487View attachment 207489View attachment 207491View attachment 207490View attachment 207492View attachment 207493

Importable

This is a non-hazard balance team (kinda). The general playstyle for this team is, play safe.
The team consist of:
Grimmsnarl - Before you ask, yes this is ABR's set. I used it as the main pivot for opposing Dragapult. The concept of resttalk prankster + bulk up + a physical stab that weakens special attack was way too enticing. (ABR, 2019)
Dragapult - The mixed draga set is chosen in this team because of how well it can deal against STEELS that this team suffers from, such as Ferrothorn, Excadrill and Corviknight by spamming expert belt boosted fire blast and thunderbolt. You will be surprised by the number of Ferrothorn kills that you can get from using this set.
Pyukumuku - Reliable galar-Darmanitan switch-in, except the banded earthquake set. Unaware shuts down physical sweepers and a selected list of special sweepers (Frosmoth) by toxic+recover stall. Soak has 2 main roles, that is (1) remove same type attack bonus (STAB) and (2) make them vulnerable to toxic. It is the real mvp in this team if you ask me.
Toxtricity - Scarf to outspeed banded Darmanitan and adamant +1 Gyarados, and revenge kill them. Overdrive effectively 2hko Toxapex and Corviknight and sludge wave for the fairies. Nuzzle is there to cripple fast speed mons such as Dragapult.
Eldegoss - Heavy duty boots let it safely pivots in and spins with ease, without any worry about toxic spikes and chip damage from hazards. Giga drain allow it to counter Hippowdon, Seismitoad and Rotom-W. Protect is to burn one Dmax turn and trust me, it happens quite often.
Corviknight - The backup galar-Darmanitan switch in. Steel flying typing makes it an easy switch into ground types such as Excadrill and Hippowdon. Pressure+spite+substitute is super annoying to deal with, and even with 0 investment in defense ev it can take 2 hits of rock moves from Excadrill behind a sub, and dealing around 20% damage to it using brave bird every turn.
The torxtricity doesn´t need be hasty because nuzzle is a low power move and only need the paralisis from it.. modest/timid would be better

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)