Project SV ZU Teambuilding Competition

1707937363458.png1707937379813.png1707937396702.png1707937414259.png1707937427858.png1707937438277.png
credit to https://sprites.pmdcollab.org/#/ for images
This team has a lot of... character, with :basculin-blue-striped: and :quaxwell: serving as the two mandatory Water types with a few bulky options in :appletun:, :magneton: and :piloswine: and a :choice-specs: user in :glaceon: to dish out massive damage.
Appletun remains an okay defensive presence in the tier with access to Apple Acid and Draco Meteor to chunk opponents while also utilizing Leech Seed and Recover to maintain health over the course of a game.
Basculine-Blue-Striped, with the ability Rock Head, dishes out massive damage with Head Smash and Wave Crash. Aqua Jet and Flip Turn provide additonal utility in the form of priority and pivoting, respectively, while still dealing pretty nice chip when coupled with a :choice-band:
Glaceon is the designated wall-breaker for this core; with :choice-specs: equipped not much can comfortably switch into the trio of Alluring Voice, Freeze-Dry and Tera Ground Tera Blast. Wish as a fourth move might feel funny but comes in handy as a way to potentially get something back to healthy late-game.
Magneton is the second Tera Captain of the team behind Glaceon, opting for Tera Flying Tera Blast to potentially avoid Earthquake and deal big damage to the several bulky Grass types in the tier such as :appletun: and :shaymin:. Flash Cannon, Thunderbolt and Volt Switch round out the moveset and threaten to deal enormous damage to whatever is in front of you.
Quaxwell as a spinner is admittedly whelming, but Brave Bird, Flip Turn, Rapid Spin and Roost feel like a nice set that allows you to remove hazards and pivot into whatever is needed.
Piloswine is the third :eviolite: user on the team and is our designated Stealth Rocks user. Earthquake, Ice Shard and Icicle Crash round out the moveset for our bulky hazard setter and it feels nice to have such an offensive presence for something so hard to kill in general.

Having both double-Water AND double-Ice wasn't my goal but Piloswine felt like a nice fit on the team and Glaceon wound up being one of the better options for a Choice Specs user in testing; :houndoom:, :pyroar: and other Fire types could (and maybe should) fill this role as well.

wooper

heavy booty-doots
is a Forum Moderator
built this around sd sneasel and ended up with two waters by chance so im submitting it anyways and you cant stop me!
:sneasel::whiscash::orthworm::swanna::raichu::shaymin:
:sneasel:
the aforementioned sneasel. super standard here, tera ice for more damage
:sneasel::whiscash:
as a member of the wall street whiscash, i felt obligated to include one here. also, it's a great mon for hazard setting and appreciates sneasel knocking the opposition's boots. poison tera for resisting grass and absorbing tspike in a pinch since the team lacks hazard removal
:sneasel::whiscash::orthworm:
more hazards because they are so good rn, and gives the team a secondary setup mon with ironpress. tera ghost to blank fighting-type attacks and to spinblock. defense hits a jump point, rest in spdef to make you bulkier while setting up
:sneasel::whiscash::orthworm::swanna:
loving swanna currently! has a lot of options on both the physical and special spectra. i opted for physical this time around without defog because i dont wanna lose my own spikes. flip turn is great for generating momentum and still hits decently hard. last slot could be jet over roost since youre quite frail and dont get many opportunities to heal up or knock, but i didnt want to weaken sneasel's knock in the long-run.
:sneasel::whiscash::orthworm::swanna::raichu:
raichu is super good also! im running 4 atks here instead of something like np or encore just because i see the value in all 4 moves: tbolt is your strongest attack, volt for momentum, surf nails golem, and tera flying tera blast grants an immunity to ground while keeping its electric-immunity thanks to its ability and hits grass-types super effectively simultaneously
:sneasel::whiscash::orthworm::swanna::raichu::shaymin:
wanted special attacking speed control and landed on shaymin with healing wish to grant a second life to one of its teammates. im not a big fan of scarf shaymin, but it gets the job done, and synergizes well with the previous mons. i'd prefer something like indeedee in this slot maybe, but i dont like risking psychic terrain interactions with sneasel because im packing ice shard

Last edited:

diegoyuhhi

our shared past and our lost future
is a Pre-Contributor
:sneasel: :sm/sneasel: :sneasel:
Is this the best mon in the tier? Maybe, but with its access to an amazing STAB typing combo, backed up by good moves in Knock Off and Triple Axel, this is definitely one of the strongest offensive Pokemon in the format.
Build a team featuring Sneasel and post it in this thread with a brief description.
Deadline is Friday 23th at 10pm GMT+1.
Have fun!

Starting off this round with a Sneasel HO that keeps the pressure on your opponent all game long: G9 ZU Sneasel HO

1708612430487.png
1708612453919.png
1708612477544.png
1708612498624.png
1708612518936.png
1708612541316.png

credit to https://sprites.pmdcollab.org/#/ for images

The premise for this week was to build around :sneasel: and, while I typically avoid HO in general, this iteration of ZU has plenty of competent sweepers available to choose from:
:bellossom: - One of the better Quiver Dancers in the tier given it's staying power with access to Strength Sap and Giga Drain to comfortably get into position to sweep. I went with full investment on Defense over HP to make my recovery better but HP investment would be fine, too. Sludge Bomb is a nice coverage move but could also be Tera Blast with some other Tera like Fire.
:combusken: - The funny chicken with access to Speed Boost and Swords Dance is tough for teams to manage if it can comfortably get in on something and start boosting. Blaze Kick and Close Combat hit a lot of the tier for good damage and Tera Dark is to help prevent Prankster Encores from stuff like :sableye: on an SD.
:haunter: - One of the best Scarfers in the tier with access to both Destiny Bond and Trick to potentially manage any tricky situation you might get into. Shadow Ball and Sludge Wave also deal great damage where needed.
:perrserker: - This teams designated Stealth Rocker that also gets access to a great ability in Tough Claws, making an Expert Belt Super-Effective move like CC, Iron Head or Knock Off do tremendous damage.
:rotom-fan: - The second Scarfer on the team, though this mon really enjoys giving away its Scarf to then setup Nasty Plots into whatever designated answer comes in.
:sneasel: - Our star of the show here and one of the best mons in the tier. I originally wanted to give this either a Life Orb or Wide Lens to make it even more threatening offensively but felt the classic Heavy Duty Boots set with Ice Shard, Knock Off, SD and Triple Axel worked well enough to warrant saving some HP on switches. There aren't many non-Scarf options in the tier that naturally outspeed this and there isn't much that lives a +2 Knock Off in general.

wooper

heavy booty-doots
is a Forum Moderator
like my friend above, i also built a sneasel team with a qd bello (i started with bello and added sneasel later but it still counts !)
:bellossom::orthworm::whiscash::dachsbun::sneasel::raichu-alola:
:bellossom:
shes so good! use her
:bellossom::orthworm:
see here for the orthworm explanation
:bellossom::orthworm::whiscash:
woah he made ANOTHER orthworm + whiscash spikestack hes so great and epic! tera dragon this time just as a general spdef typing
:bellossom::orthworm::whiscash::dachsbun:
quite passive frankly but it helps to keep the team healthy, phazes set-up users, and racks up hazards damage. i went with play rough over bp because i dont remember so you can probably use that too
:bellossom::orthworm::whiscash::dachsbun::sneasel:
yay heres the sneasel! 4 atks because i valued hitting steel types to aid in a later bellossom sweep, knock is also just great stab and removes items for once again aiding in a bello sweep while also forcing off boots for more hazard damage
:bellossom::orthworm::whiscash::dachsbun::sneasel::raichu-alola:
i was lacking a fighting resist and i wanted a strong special attacker off the cuff and landed on alochu. like sneasel, this is aoa over setup just because i valued all of its moves
yay go team!

:bellossom: :pyroar: :whiscash: :swalot: :sneasel: :eelektross:

Oh boy, this is the third team with bello lol. I think didnt realize until i checked the thread. Fortunately different enough from the other teams.

:bellossom: As everyone else is saying, bello is kinda cracked rn. Im running the bulkiest set possible for more setup opportunities.

:pyroar: Kinda an underrated mon rn, since we dont have a lot of sturdy fire resists. I chose wisp and taunt in its last moveslots because pyroar has no coverage, and it helps give it some utility.

:whiscash: Rounding out the fwg trio is whiscash, spikestacking away as usual.

:swalot: Swalot gives the team some more bulk, as well as another setup mon. I like rest on it so that its harder to wear down.

:sneasel: Heres sneasel, with the usuasl boots SD sets. Not that much to say for it, just a great mon.

:eelektross: Eel helps giev some more special bulk to the team, as well as a pivot to bring in the more threatening mons. More knock is also helpful.

:Samurott: :Basculin: :Rotom-Fan: :Sneasel: :Piloswine: :Hattrem:
This is Water Spam BO team that I built with my friend Joshua the 12343 around Mystic Water Samurott, the most fun Mon there is in ZU rn.
:Samurott: Literally Water type Kingambit, can run Encore over Sub.
:Basculin: I paired Samurott with this thing because it can overwhelm Water Resists with Adaptability Choice Band very easily.
:Rotom-Fan: I needed a way to put immideate pressure on Water and Grass type mons, so I chose Rotom-Fan. it also forms a nice Volturn core with Basculin allowing it to get in more easily.
:Sneasel: Sneasel.
:Piloswine: Piloswine gives the team a solid Electric Immunity and Rocks, while still being very good offensivly, also it checks everything which is really good on BO.
:Hattrem: The team was kinda getting murdered by hazards, with Samurott Basc and Pilo not running Boots, so I added Hattrem. Hattrem really benefits from Tinkatuff falling off so it's pretty reliable as Hazard Control now, at least for a team this offensive. it also allows to greed eviolite on Sneasel.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)