Resource SV Ubers Viability Rankings (Post DLC2)

PrimalKyogre

AG Circuit Champion
Nice

---

To avoid making this a one liner, what made Origin Giratina drop? Isn't it like the only viable defogger in the tier until Ho oh hopefully returns? And with Tera, isn't it the only answer to ground Arceus?
Giratina-Origin has a very hard time getting opportunities to make use of Defog. Dragon/Ghost causes weaknesses to the top few attackers: Koraidon, Miraidon, and Zacian-C, so those are ruled out (ignoring tera.) Some other popular attackers, like Eternatus, Flutter Mane, and Calyrex-Ice get rid of it, too. Giratina doesn’t match up to well directly against the most common hazard setter in Ting-lu, as Ruination causes massive damage that cannot be recovered by any means. It may be worth noting that Giratina-Origin has a hard time with Arceus-Fairy, which increased slightly in popularity due to scale shot Koraidon. Giratina definitely has unique utility - but this meta is rather harsh to it.

Giratina-Origin has a very hard time getting opportunities to make use of Defog. Dragon/Ghost causes weaknesses to the top few attackers: Koraidon, Miraidon, and Zacian-C, so those are ruled out (ignoring tera.) Some other popular attackers, like Eternatus, Flutter Mane, and Calyrex-Ice get rid of it, too. Giratina doesn’t match up to well directly against the most common hazard setter in Ting-lu, as Ruination causes massive damage that cannot be recovered by any means. It may be worth noting that Giratina-Origin has a hard time with Arceus-Fairy, which increased slightly in popularity due to scale shot Koraidon. Giratina definitely has unique utility - but this meta is rather harsh to it.
If Roost comes back as a TM, Giratina-A could get it in theory, increasing its viability in Defoging greatly, which it is (imo) already quite good at. I say this because its one of my Ubers teams main mons

OreoSpeedruns

Embrace the wonders within.
is a Tiering Contributor
:ribombee: to B+

It’s hard to overstate how impactful it is for a hyper offense lead like Ribombee to be super fast, faster than Tauntceus. This thing gets down webs super easily and there aren’t many faster Taunts to stop it. The only completely safe bet is Taunt Flutter Mane and Mewtwo since Koraidon and Miraidon are afraid of getting Moonblasted to death. There’s also so many threats just waiting to capitalize on the speed drop from webs. For example, Koraidon, Miraidon, Flutter Mane, and Zacian all love not having to deal with speedties like they normally do. Swords Dance Rayquaza is an extremely scary mon without its speed issue, Agility Calyrex-Ice only needs one Agility to outspeed and maul everything in sight, and much more. And speaking of webs abusers…

:mewtwo: to B at least

Impeccable coverage coupled with Mewtwo’s amazing power and solid Speed for the tier, made even better with webs support, make Mewtwo very threatening to bulky teams. The tier’s best special checks, Ting-Lu and Clodsire, don’t like fighting Mewtwo as Psystrike blows Clod apart while Ting takes an enormous chunk from Grass Knot. While it gets outsped by several top mons, its speed is still quite great, tying with the already quite good Eternatus and breezing past Arceus. Yes, Mewtwo's typing and lacking defenses tend to let it down, and its speed isn’t on par with the top dogs of the tier. However, it’s still a decent mon and I don’t think B- is indicative of its potential.

Last edited:

Hello all! Here's our second viability rankings thread to represent the post-home metagame.

This is a list of the seventy-two viable Pokemon in SV Ubers, sorted top-to-bottom from most to least viable.

Thread Rules

- Post intelligently. One-liners saying things like "X should be Y rank" without context or supporting evidence are likely to be disregarded or deleted.
- Be civil when debating other users. Any flaming will not be tolerated.
- This thread is for discussion of the viability rankings only. Those wanting to ask simple questions about why something is ranked or how to build a team should look to our SQSA for guidance.
- Be aware of our subforum rules and the global forum rules — they all apply here, too.

The VR Council

The VR Council is a group of experienced players selected to assess any new nominations from the community and vote on them before they become accepted into the rankings. This same council has the same jurisdiction over the upcoming Sample Teams thread. The VR Council also can internally nominate changes to the thread — it then votes on these, just as an individual user would in a post in this thread. We will document all changes to the Viability Rankings in the form of update posts, where votes and associated reasoning are collected in a spreadsheet. Be on the lookout for these.

The current VR Council is:
Aberforth
Fc
Fogbound Lake
Inder
Kate
Manaphy
SiTuM

Rankings

The Pokémon below A- are not ranked within their own tiers. Instead, they are ranked alphabetically within their own tiers.

S Rank
S

:koraidon: Koraidon
:miraidon: Miraidon

A Rank

A+
:zacian-crowned: Zacian-Crowned
:arceus-fairy: Arceus-Fairy
:arceus-ground: Arceus-Ground
:kyogre: Kyogre

A
:arceus: Arceus
:flutter-mane: Flutter Mane

A-
:ting-lu: Ting-Lu
:eternatus: Eternatus
:groudon: Groudon
:landorus-therian: Landorus-Therian
:toxapex: Toxapex

B Rank
B+
:calyrex-ice: Calyrex-Ice
:giratina-origin: Giratina-Origin
:gliscor: Gliscor
:kingambit: Kingambit
:skeledirge: Skeledirge

B
:arceus-ghost: Arceus-Ghost
:arceus-grass: Arceus-Grass
:arceus-water: Arceus-Water
:clodsire: Clodsire
:grimmsnarl: Grimmsnarl
:rayquaza: Rayquaza

B-
:arceus-poison: Arceus-Poison
:mewtwo: Mewtwo
:ribombee: Ribombee
:walking-wake: Walking Wake

C Rank
C+
:alomomola: Alomomola
:basculegion: Basculegion
:chien-pao: Chien-Pao
:corviknight: Corviknight
:glimmora: Glimmora
:great-tusk: Great Tusk
:iron-bundle: Iron Bundle

C
:chi-yu: Chi-Yu
:cresselia: Cresselia
:dondozo: Dondozo
:giratina: Giratina
:gothitelle: Gothitelle
:palkia-origin: Palkia-Origin
:orthworm: Orthworm
:shaymin-sky: Skaymin-Sky

C-
:arceus-steel: Arceus-Steel
:blissey: Blissey
:ditto: Ditto
:hatterene: Hatterene
:iron-treads: Iron Treads
:meowscarada: Meowscarada
:ogerpon: Ogerpon
:samurott-hisui: Samurott-Hisui
:urshifu: Urshifu
:volcarona: Volcarona
:zamazenta-crowned: Zamazenta-Crowned

D Rank

A reminder that these Pokemon are only Ubers by tiering and possess no real metagame niche.

:annihilape: Annihilape
:arceus-bug: Arceus-Bug
:arceus-dark: Arceus-Dark
:arceus-dragon: Arceus-Dragon
:arceus-electric: Arceus-Electric
:arceus-fighting: Arceus-Fighting
:arceus-fire: Arceus-Fire
:arceus-flying: Arceus-Flying
:arceus-ice: Arceus-Ice
:arceus-psychic: Arceus-Psychic
:arceus-rock: Arceus-Rock
:baxcalibur: Baxcalibur
:Darkrai: Darkrai
:dialga: Dialga
:dialga-origin: Dialga-Origin
:espathra: Espathra
:landorus: Landorus
:magearna: Magearna
:palafin-hero: Palafin
:palkia: Palkia
:regieleki: Regieleki
:roaring-moon: Roaring Moon
:spectrier: Spectrier
:urshifu-rapid-strike: Urshifu-Rapid-Strike
:ursaluna-bloodmoon: Ursaluna-Bloodmoon
:zacian: Zacian
Where is Ogerpon-Hearthflame on here? Regular Ogerpon is here but Hearthflame is no where to be seen despite being the banned one and other Pokemon from the DLC being here.

Taka

coastin' like crazy
is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Where is Ogerpon-Hearthflame on here? Regular Ogerpon is here but Hearthflame is no where to be seen despite being the banned one and other Pokemon from the DLC being here.
all the ogerpon forms are grouped together in one slot, but ogerpon-h is really the only viable one out of them all

all the ogerpon forms are grouped together in one slot, but ogerpon-h is really the only viable one out of them all
That’s pretty weird and confusing. All 4 forms are pretty distinct from each other. It would be like having Shaymin-Land in the VR grouped together even though Shaymin-Sky is the actual viable one.

corvere

and beneath the mist, i saw my true reflection
is a Top Contributor
That’s pretty weird and confusing. All 4 forms are pretty distinct from each other. It would be like having Shaymin-Land in the VR grouped together even though Shaymin-Sky is the actual viable one.
ogerpon got added on the VR last minute after the teal mask dlc and was not edited since. they're all distinct but nonetheless water and fire ogerpon should be the only ones ranked.

Last edited:
Dialga-Origin to C/B-
The set which I am currently using (Standard smogon set)-
Dialga-Origin @ Adamant Crystal
Ability: Pressure
Tera Type: Steel
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Stealth Rock
- Draco Meteor
- Flash Cannon
- Thunder Wave
To start off its a great stealth rock setter in the meta-game.If you give it a safe switch in most of the times its getting a kill/rocks/paralyzing a pokemon. It is the only viable stealth rock setter except arceus. It has a decent niche in the meta-game and is a pretty good revenge killer.
Some calcs which support it being decent(has a lot of situation based ones tbh)

Koraidon calcs

252 Atk Orichalcum Pulse Koraidon Low Kick (120 BP) vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Dialga-Origin: 458-542 (113.3 - 134.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO
I know that low kick kills but 90% of the time its not gonna lock on to it.

252 Atk Orichalcum Pulse Koraidon Dragon Claw vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Dialga-Origin: 153-181 (37.8 - 44.8%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

252 Atk Orichalcum Pulse Koraidon Flare Blitz vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Dialga-Origin in Sun: 230-271 (56.9 - 67%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Should be careful with flare blitz but if you get a free switch in it kills

4 SpA Adamant Crystal Dialga-Origin Draco Meteor vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Koraidon: 480-566 (140.7 - 165.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Miraidon calc
252 SpA Choice Specs Hadron Engine Miraidon Electro Drift vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Dialga-Origin in Electric Terrain: 186-219 (46 - 54.2%) -- 53.1% chance to 2HKO
It dies to basically everything else if its specs set except u-turn but with good play it might do something against the specs set.

252 SpA Hadron Engine Miraidon Electro Drift vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Dialga-Origin in Electric Terrain: 124-147 (30.6 - 36.3%) -- 59.3% chance to 3HKO
252 SpA Hadron Engine Miraidon Draco Meteor vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Dialga-Origin: 249-294 (61.6 - 72.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Hadron Engine Miraidon Overheat vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Dialga-Origin: 166-196 (41 - 48.5%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
Easily tanks scarf set except draco meteor.

Arceus fairy calc
16+ SpA Arceus-Fairy Earth Power vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Dialga-Origin: 146-172 (36.1 - 42.5%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
4 SpA Adamant Crystal Dialga-Origin Flash Cannon vs. 248 HP / 0 SpD Arceus-Fairy: 254-300 (57.3 - 67.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Job easily done with flash cannon kill.

Kyogre calc
252 SpA Kyogre Water Spout (150 BP) vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Dialga-Origin in Rain: 175-207 (43.3 - 51.2%) -- 5.9% chance to 2HKO
4 SpA Adamant Crystal Dialga-Origin Draco Meteor vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Kyogre: 178-211 (52.1 - 61.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Easily tanks. IMO best play is to para first.

Not even gonna add normal arceus calcs as it easily beats it.

Flutter mane calc
252 SpA Life Orb Flutter Mane Moonblast vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Dialga-Origin: 177-211 (43.8 - 52.2%) -- 11.7% chance to 2HKO
Easily beats lo sets. If careful with specs can get it down as well.

Last edited:

Red Raven

I COULD BE BANNED!
So Sneasler's like a D rank Mon right?
Not really. Sneasler can actually be pretty legit especially since Miraidon is the second best mon in the tier.However, it does need a massive amount of support because the only thing this offers defensively is the ability to absorb toxic spikes. It just dies to nearly every hit

Not really. Sneasler can actually be pretty legit especially since Miraidon is the second best mon in the tier.However, it does need a massive amount of support because the only thing this offers defensively is the ability to absorb toxic spikes. It just dies to nearly every hit
Even with Electric Seed?

corvere

is a Top Contributor
Even with Electric Seed?
yes. another problem with sneasler is it's coverage problems. it needs shadow claw for giratina, it needs gunk shot for arc fairy, it wants taunt for skeledirge and Toxapex, it's forever walled by gliscor and landorus, it gets revenge killed by ekiller even w electric seed... there's a lot of issues w sneasler

Taka

coastin' like crazy
is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
VR thoughts post SCL, this is gonna be a bigger post:

first off i'm just gonna shape up what i think the S to B ranks are:

S Rank
S

Koraidon - Current teambuilding is entirely warped around Koraidon, Zacian is even better than before, most teams have multiple outs into Koraidon and it controls momentum of most games. Theres a lot of innovation we can still do with this mon + we will see
Miraidon - Insanely broken wallbreaker, regardless of the team style most teams have to keep sacking to it and taking advantage of those draco drop turns.
Zacian-Crowned - Not a wallbreaking threat in the same capacity, and I would prob put this like S- but idk if solo S- is a thing, but this mon keeps so many offensive checks in threat and with the drop of usage for Groudon + increased Gliscor usage, Zacian-C has an easier time forcing progress, really only pressured by Dirge (which Korai can wear down anyways).

A Rank

A+
:Arceus-Fairy: Arceus-Fairy
:Arceus-Ground: Arceus-Ground
:Kyogre: Kyogre
:Arceus: Arceus

A
:Flutter Mane: Flutter Mane

A-
:Gliscor: Gliscor
:Clodsire: Clodsire
:Eternatus: Eternatus
:Landorus-Therian: Landorus-Therian
:Skeledirge: Skeledirge

A+ Rank mons all feel very very good, specifically Arceus-Fairy, Ground, and Kyogre who tread the line of A+/S-.
Arceus -
This mon has been everywhere. HO has gotten much better with the advent of Ribombee and SS Koraidon, and Arceus checks a large part of the metagame while having techs for nearly every mon in the tier (Tera Normal, Tera Fire for Zac/Korai, LO for Zacian, Taunt, Ice Beam for Gliscor/Lando, Recover for Lando, etc)

Giratina-Origin - Gira actually feels a bit better now at the end of PL. Advent of physical sets, as well as just how powerful Tera Steel is in Gliscor / Ekiller / Zacian-C meta, and being the only defogger in a tier where Webs is very powerful is important.

Gliscor - Everyone knows what this mon does, good spiker, spreads Tox on pivots into it. I would move it up but it is exploitable, specifically with things like Tera Fly Zacian / Ice Beam Arceus-Ground / Calyrex-I, Steel Gira / Rayquaza.
Clodsire - Unfrauded after Ting has gotten much worse / easy to exploit. Solidly checks Miraidon / Fairyceus / Ogre, all three are incredibly good atm.
Skeledirge - Zacian-C / Koraidon are better, this mon checks them far more consistently than Gliscor/Lando-T while softchecking some Fairyceus variants and Caly-I with Tera.

B Rank

B+
:Groudon: Groudon
:Ribombee: Ribombee

B
:arceus-grass: Arceus-Grass
:arceus-water: Arceus-Water

Rayquaza - Rayquaza takes advantage of all the Gliscor / Lando-T usage and uses them as setup fodder. Just a strong HO mon in current meta regardless.
Basculegion - Has seen a lot of success as a win-con on Webs builds, Basculegion is fucking nuts and is only really held back due to the fact that Ekiller exists. Ridiculous mon for sure.
Groudon - Competes much more with the other grounds at this point, so its harder to slot. However, offensive sets are cool and have a niche, and defensive sets with double hazards are cool too.
Ribombee - Not sure how to rank HO leads but webs is v v strong atm, not much else to say. Bee has a solid enough movepool.
Ting-Lu - Ting-Lu is just passive into a lot of teams, especially in a meta full of Kyogre, Gliscor, and Fairyceus. Clodsire has a lot of utility as an alternative, and Gliscor is a better Spiker.

Iron Bundle - Encore is usable (especially with Tera Ghost for EKiller) and gives Bundle a niche on Boots sets, Specs Bundle is still relatively strong and Ice-type switches are limited to Zacian-C (chipping Zacian is usually very easy anyways). Pairing this with fatter cores has seen success and its not too bad.
Toxapex - Has become so much worse in current meta. Its insanely passive, harder to fit, and isn't consistent as a check to any physical threats in the tier.

Last edited:

Nyx

Anyways - so then I cursed her.
is a Site Content Manageris a Programmeris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Just some personal thoughts from playing a decent bit recently on ladder/testing with friends. Shoutout to Aberforth and Frito for egging me to write this when I was bored. S -> B- are ordered, C+ is whatever I thought could be usable but only barely, possibly missing a few mons.

S Rank
S

A Rank
A+
:arceus-ground: Arceus-Ground
:arceus: Arceus

A
:arceus-fairy: Arceus-Fairy
:flutter-mane: Flutter Mane
:ribombee: Ribombee

A-
:kyogre: Kyogre
:clodsire: Clodsire

B Rank
B+
:gliscor: Gliscor
:eternatus: Eternatus
:grimmsnarl: Grimmsnarl

B
:skeledirge: Skeledirge
:landorus-therian: Landorus-Therian
:glimmora: Glimmora
:groudon: Groudon

B-
:walking-wake: Walking Wake
:mewtwo: Mewtwo

C Rank
C+
:alomomola: Alomomola
:chien-pao: Chien-Pao
:hatterene: Hatterene
:ogerpon-hearthflame: Ogerpon-H

Can’t be bothered to rank the rest of these, anything below here I wouldn’t bother using ever. This metagame’s been so deeply favourable to HO that it’s borderline unbelievable.

Webs are at their highest point this generation, I definitely expect them to fall off by the time DLC2 rolls around but as it stands right now, teams seem to fold to Webs pretty comfortably. Ribombee is verbatim for Webs here, its rank is entirely reflective of how good I believe Webs are atm. The metagame can absolutely adapt, but it hasn’t yet, and until it does, Ribombee is firmly A in my eyes.

Gliscor, Landorus-Therian and Giratina-Origin are definitely ranked lower than most people perceive them, and while I can understand the love for these mons, they’re all predominantly balance mons, which I believe is currently severely outclassed by HO/BO. Tbh this is probably the reasoning for most of my placements, are non-HO play-styles viable? Yeah for sure, but they’re consistently outclassed by HO in the metagame’s current state.

Definitely hope to see more Ray and Gambit, both are definitely not the easiest to use, but are so incredibly punishing. Oh and yes, I would put every other Arceus in un-ranked, Grasseus and Waterceus definitely have hypothetical uses but in reality, the opportunity cost of not using one of the big three just isn’t worth it, I could maybeeeeeeeeeeee see a use for Ghost on Webs but honestly this might be coping because I loved this mon pre-DLC.

Ditto to at least B-

You all are severely underestimating him, especially when Zacian-C is also in the tier and it has the dumbest interaction in the game with intrepid sword. Getting a +3 or +4 (or even just +2 if they didn't SD) Zacian-C for free, with a scarf speed tier, is nuts. It's also just kind of an insane revenge killer and does not care at all about webs being up. I joked to a friend about it being top 10 and I think that's a stretch, but I do think it's insane.
Sneasler is not the greatest thing but it can do stuff. I think the best way to use it is as an anti-scarfer since it outspeeds the entire tier post unburden. Theoretically you could cut a ton of speed evs and add that to bulk but Sneasler is paper thin by ubers standards so that wouldn't really matter. In my brief testing, Tera Fairy is easily the funniest (maybe not the most viable) tera for it because you can come in on a choiced dragon move and SD twice, which really puts the hurt on. Overall sneasler isn't great but it is pretty funny and can put in work if you play it well

Fardin

Tournament Banned
amoongus to C-

recently peaked with this new stall where amoongus has unironically been the mvp of it

Amoonguss @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Regenerator
Tera Type: Dark
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Foul Play
- Clear Smog
- Grass Knot
- Toxic

foul play and clear smog makes it virtually be never a set up bait, which is usually the big downfall of passive mons. its a reliable switchin to a majority of mira sets (biggest niche is that it has a much better chance playing against taunt draco sets which is the ultimate stall breaker), gets clear smog off from those tera poison cm arcs which is very clutch, its an okay ogre switch in if needed, and the surprise dark type tera foul play just can shit on a lot of mons

its like a little swiss army knife that is not necessarily a dedicated check to anything (dedicated checks in uber doesnt exist anyways), but can cover a lot of small but important things for a team, as long as u have a good defensive backbone to compliment it with

Terapagos to A/A+
It can sweep teams with the standard RestoChesto + CalmPolish set (https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ubers-2017999971-l579j6mxsxcvha1noukdjtx54adlowhpw) literally doing the same thing as it did in the OU Tier but better thanks to needing less Speed investment since Deoxys-Speed and Iron Boulder are not seen as much, or it can act as the only reliable rapid spinner in the entire Ubers Tier. Needs to Terastallize to do the above jobs though so thats why I wouldn't put it in S tier. Its ability is good utility as well and you can check Sun and Rain teams easily after you kill their setter simply by Tera + Setup. Its minimally invested bulk also allows it to somehow live collision course from Koraidon, assuming sun is not up (theres a bug with the calc and CC isnt 1.3333x power but maybe the showdown client has the same bug). 252 Atk Orichalcum Pulse (ignore this idk why it shows ability) Koraidon Collision Course (not 133 BP??) vs. 0 HP / 64 Def Tera Stellar Terapagos-Stellar: 390-458 (84.5 - 99.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Terapagos can provide multiple different roles to a team and should be ranked higher than unranked for sure.

Zest of Life

Banned deucer.
Terapagos to A/A+
It can sweep teams with the standard RestoChesto + CalmPolish set (https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ubers-2017999971-l579j6mxsxcvha1noukdjtx54adlowhpw) literally doing the same thing as it did in the OU Tier but better thanks to needing less Speed investment since Deoxys-Speed and Iron Boulder are not seen as much, or it can act as the only reliable rapid spinner in the entire Ubers Tier. Needs to Terastallize to do the above jobs though so thats why I wouldn't put it in S tier. Its ability is good utility as well and you can check Sun and Rain teams easily after you kill their setter simply by Tera + Setup. Its minimally invested bulk also allows it to somehow live collision course from Koraidon, assuming sun is not up (theres a bug with the calc and CC isnt 1.3333x power but maybe the showdown client has the same bug). 252 Atk Orichalcum Pulse (ignore this idk why it shows ability) Koraidon Collision Course (not 133 BP??) vs. 0 HP / 64 Def Tera Stellar Terapagos-Stellar: 390-458 (84.5 - 99.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Terapagos can provide multiple different roles to a team and should be ranked higher than unranked for sure.
I think you should post more replays of Terapagos putting in work & sweeping, instead of posting only one replay. I'll admit, Terapagos can catch some fatter teams by surprise, but it's very much a dead weight mon vs 99% of teams.

Edit: Here's an example of a game where Terapagos failed to do anything meaningful - https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ubers-2018055210-pqy92xt2x23d1mjpugojgktt878ko1qpw

Last edited:

Red Raven

I COULD BE BANNED!
Terapagos to A/A+
And to add onto ZoL's explanation, Terapagos is a fucking tera hog. In a meta where one tera can mean the difference between fucking the enemy team or you yourself getting fucked, having shit that needs to use tera to become something more than just a mere rapid spinner is not worth it. There's also the fact that Terapagos is weak to the undisputed King of the tier, Koraidon. Yeah, you get rid of its sun and boosts but who cares. Koraidon will literally tear Terapagos limb from limb

And to add onto ZoL's explanation, Terapagos is a fucking tera hog. In a meta where one tera can mean the difference between fucking the enemy team or you yourself getting fucked, having shit that needs to use tera to become something more than just a mere rapid spinner is not worth it. There's also the fact that Terapagos is weak to the undisputed King of the tier, Koraidon. Yeah, you get rid of its sun and boosts but who cares. Koraidon will literally tear Terapagos limb from limb
Koraidon can simply U-turn out too since Terapagos ability works only once per game.

Not that Koraidon needs to switch out though

252 Atk Koraidon Low Kick (80 BP) vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Tera Stellar Terapagos-Stellar: 248-294 (47.3 - 56.1%) -- 82.4% chance to 2HKO

And this is just Low Kick. Collision course practically oneshots if it's chipped.

252 Atk Koraidon Collision Course vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Tera Stellar Terapagos-Stellar: 414-488 (79 - 93.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

If it's an offensive Terapagos set not running full HP...yeah things not looking too good for the turtle

Btw, Scarf Koraidon outspeeds Terapagos even after Rock Polish. Since Terapagos lacks recovery outside Rest, it's not that hard to overwhelm

corvere

is a Top Contributor
Terapagos to A/A+
It did nothing.

I think you should post more replays of Terapagos putting in work & sweeping, instead of posting only one replay.
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ubers-2018130442-owprw7ouy5g5r8y358c2041atupplvdpw Another sweep (got a bit lucky at the end but I wouldve simply rested after the Calm Minds)

did you check my calc?
252 Atk Orichalcum Pulse Koraidon Collision Course vs. 0 HP / 64 Def Tera Stellar Terapagos-Stellar: 390-458 (84.5 - 99.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

also terapagos can OHKO koraidon at +2 (which is surprisingly easy to get to)
+2 252+ SpA Tera Stellar Terapagos-Stellar Tera Starstorm vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Koraidon: 344-406 (100.8 - 119%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Koraidon can simply U-turn out too since Terapagos ability works only once per game.

Not that Koraidon needs to switch out though

252 Atk Koraidon Low Kick (80 BP) vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Tera Stellar Terapagos-Stellar: 248-294 (47.3 - 56.1%) -- 82.4% chance to 2HKO

And this is just Low Kick. Collision course practically oneshots if it's chipped.

252 Atk Koraidon Collision Course vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Tera Stellar Terapagos-Stellar: 414-488 (79 - 93.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

If it's an offensive Terapagos set not running full HP...yeah things not looking too good for the turtle

Btw, Scarf Koraidon outspeeds Terapagos even after Rock Polish. Since Terapagos lacks recovery outside Rest, it's not that hard to overwhelm
Terapagos has more health than defense so you should put the EVs in defense. Also Stored Power sweepers (very similar to my set) usually run bulk to accumulate multiple boosts, it is normal to see some bulk investment.

It did nothing.
It killed NDM from high health and chipped Ho-oh down to 10%, allowing arceus to sweep. Wouldve came back in if arceus died and RP swept again.

Last edited:
I think terapagos will become something similar to zamazenta in OU, since it has good bulk and setup but no good recovery, and can only really leverage its bulk to setup and sweep once (ability doesn't activate if it is not at full health) but i think it does this job really well and can provide a bulky backbone to HO teams and such. At least B+ or A-/A/A+. Maybe I'm wrong though, since this laddering session with Terapagos is my first time actually playing on the Ubers ladder.

Last edited:
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ubers-2018130442-owprw7ouy5g5r8y358c2041atupplvdpw Another sweep (got a bit lucky at the end but I wouldve simply rested after the Calm Minds)

did you check my calc?
252 Atk Orichalcum Pulse Koraidon Collision Course vs. 0 HP / 64 Def Tera Stellar Terapagos-Stellar: 390-458 (84.5 - 99.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

also terapagos can OHKO koraidon at +2 (which is surprisingly easy to get to)
+2 252+ SpA Tera Stellar Terapagos-Stellar Tera Starstorm vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Koraidon: 344-406 (100.8 - 119%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Terapagos has more health than defense so you should put the EVs in defense. Also Stored Power sweepers (very similar to my set) usually run bulk to accumulate multiple boosts, it is normal to see some bulk investment.

It killed NDM from high health and chipped Ho-oh down to 10%, allowing arceus to sweep. Wouldve came back in if arceus died and RP swept again.
Putting more EV in defense doesn't change anything, it still gets 2hko by Koraidon no matter what. It's very weak as a setup sweeper, and there are over a dozen better setup sweeper in the tier. It's bulk isn't anything special, since it has no resistances or recovery, unlike actual tanks like Necrozma Dusk Mane/Ho-Oh.

You are severely overestimating its usefulness, even with tera it struggles to compete with Ubers Mon without tera, and this thing practically needs tera to not become completely deadweight (its base form would be average in OU, if lucky).

Since you are not very experience, I suggest you reach high ladder and become more knowledgeable on Ubers meta. A/A+ is reserved for the top Ubers mons, Terapagos will be lucky to go past C+ (I see it becoming unranked eventually, since nobody likes a tera hog which is a shitmon otherwise).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)