Metagame SV OU Metagame Discussion v2 [Update on Post #5186]

Status
Not open for further replies.
503-1.png

252 SpA Mystic Water Samurott-Hisui Hydro Pump vs. 248 HP / 8 SpD Corviknight: 204-241 (51.1 - 60.4%) -- 91.4% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Mystic Water Samurott-Hisui Hydro Pump vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Great Tusk: 378-446 (87 - 102.7%) -- 18.8% chance to OHKO
252 SpA Mystic Water Samurott-Hisui Hydro Pump vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Zapdos: 196-232 (51 - 60.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Samurott-Hisui Hydro Pump vs. 252 HP / 100 SpD Garganacl: 294-348 (72.7 - 86.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Samurott-Hisui Ice Beam vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Zapdos: 180-212 (46.8 - 55.2%) -- 69.5% chance to 2HKO

Why did they give a non-blocable spike move to a mon that threatens all the hazard removal options of the tier AND has taunt?!
Now I'm seeing Samurotts baiting me to send out my Corvenight in order to take it out or Zapdos/Zama to knock off its boots/Lefties. He has gotten beyond just setting up spikes.
Everyone complaining about Sneasler, that has counterplay and an item that shuts him down while Samurott has literally no counterplay, but no one talks about him.

When he's on the field, he will make progress, wether you like it or not. And he is so versatile you always have to respect him. Can't send Dragapult cause he might have Sucker Punch or an Assault Vest, nor Enamorus cause he might have a scarf + ohko with Razor Shell, nor Meow cause scarf+Sacred Sword.
Some are even using Areal Ace vs Liligant and Breloom ffs.
How is he competitive in any way?

we should simply ban spikes. the huge imbalances between setters & removal you outlined calls for it.
I would be ok with that if boots get banned too to balance that. With spikes boots are needed but without them then boots biggest use is making rock weak mons too strong for no reason, Volc probably would drop to UUBL without boots.
Because fat mons are so fat that hazards are the only reliable damage that isnt banned or on the ban table
Some people just wants the meta to be regen spam again.

Spikes wouldn't be nearly as bad without Samurott. You'd just need have to keep a Haterena around, who is very viable without the hazard control element of it anyways.
Or just bring out Tusk/Corvenight knowing that it won't be 1hko/2hko by your spike setter.
Samurott is a far worse problem than Sneasler. And I'm so done seeing him on every team with a different moveset everytime god damn it.

Because fat mons are so fat that hazards are the only reliable damage that isnt banned or on the ban table
Just going to begin listing stall breakers that don’t need spikes:
:breloom:
This guy beats every bulky team out there unless you run in to Gholdengo stall which isn’t real at the point.
:ursaluna:
Ursaluna beats every stall team as long as its pivoted right and supported correctly with Healing Wish and/or Lunar Dance using brute force with Tera Normal. You just need to predict a little.
:Meowscarada:
If its banded you can easily force Tera on Alomomola an afterwards just predict right on five or just get up SR (which shouldn’t be hard as you are facing stall) and predict two times.
:garganacl:
If its running Block than you Block Pex as it comes in and win from there by slowly killing your Opponents pokemon with chip.
:Hatterene:
Run Psychic or Stored Power and most stalls will simply lose to this because it just heals too much with Kiss and hits both Unawares SE. Psyshock variants get stalled by Dondozo. Blocks hazards from Ting-Lu variations.
:Heatran:
As long as you play smart and don’t switch in to Avalanches from Dondozo after Tera or EQ/Body Press/Water move, Heatran can remove 2 walls or so begore dying which should be enough for most teams to win the game.
:Hoopa-Unbound:
The entire job description of this mon in Gen 7 is beating fat teams. It has some issues in to Ting-Lu as it needs to predict it coming in once to actually force KO’s but beats stall pretty well except that.
:Haxorus:
This is ranked for one reason and one reason only, its because it has a great matchup in to bulkier teams. It wins pretty easily unless you make the mistake of trying to set up a DD in the face of Clod, Ting or Dondozo.
Electric Terrain and Sun teams
Yeah these teams just hit too hard to wall consistently and the fact that Proto and Quark aren’t ignored by Unaware makes it even more difficult but they are stoppable if played well.
Edit: Grammar

I mean the problem is definitely either Rott or Ghold. If we’re talking about hitting the power level of hazards on of those two need to go.

I mean the problem is definitely either Rott or Ghold. If we’re talking about hitting the power level of hazards on of those two need to go.
Banning ghold only makes that corv can defog which doesn't really solve much because some teams love using Corviknight as set up fodder.

Last edited:
Trust me, I had a problem with spikes before the samurai otter.
Why not use Hatt or Tusk then?
These two incredibly handy solutions get shut down by Samurott, therefore he needs to get banned.

I'm not crazy right? I'm not the only one thinking Samurott is very problematic and sapping the fun out of the game?

Why not use Hatt or Tusk then?
These two incredibly handy solutions get shut down by Samurott, therefore he needs to get banned.

I'm not crazy right? I'm not the only one thinking Samurott is very problematic and sapping the fun out of the game?
You can still run Tusk and even Cinderace if Samurott is an issue for you.
You see the the issue with this logic now?

You can still run Tusk and even Cinderace if Samurott is an issue for you.
You see the the issue with this logic now?
Tusk gets mogged by Samurott especially with Tera Ghost.
Cinderace is a fine answer, but teambuilding with him is restrictive. It's like saying Magearna was fine cause if you use Skeledirge she can't do anything to you.

Also why ban Corviknight? I mean it's good yes but banworthy... maybe if it got some crazy move. But it's not even CLOSE to banning
My bad, already edited it.
Now to add something else, what do everyone feels about sub? it feels like it is stronger than ever in this gen and if GF cared about singles I could see it getting a toxic treatment and get a reduced distribution.

1LDK

Vengeance
is a Top Team Rater
Also why ban Corviknight? I mean it's good yes but banworthy... maybe if it got some crazy move. But it's not even CLOSE to banning
he did a typo, you can see that his intentions were to say "ghol" by looking at the rest of the phrase + general context
+ corviknight is ass

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 10)