Resource SV LC Viability Rankings

art by grape tylenol

Welcome to the LC viability ranking project. In this project, we will "tier" every Pokemon based on usefulness. Broader metagame discussion should be held in the metagame discussion thread. This is a place to talk about the rise and fall of individual pokemon instead.

S Rank

A+
:Crabrawler: Crabrawler
:Gothita: Gothita
:Pawniard: Pawniard
:Toedscool: Toedscool
:Wingull: Wingull

A
:Drifloon: Drifloon
:Glimmet: Glimmet
:Voltorb: Voltorb
:Wattrel: Wattrel
:Zorua-Hisui: Zorua-Hisui

A-
:Mareanie: Mareanie
:Mudbray: Mudbray
:Quaxly: Quaxly
:shellder: Shellder
:Shroodle: Shroodle
:Surskit: Surskit

B+
:magnemite: Magnemite
:Nymble: Nymble
:Tinkatink: Tinkatink
:Stunky: Stunky

B
:Chewtle: Chewtle
:Deerling: Deerling
:Foongus: Foongus
:Numel: Numel
:Sandile: Sandile
:Zorua: Zorua

B-
:Bramblin: Bramblin
:Buizel: Buizel
:Chespin: Chespin
:Fuecoco: Fuecoco
:Greavard: Greavard
:Houndour: Houndour
:Larvesta: Larvesta
:Meowth: Meowth
:Psyduck: Psyduck
:Rowlet: Rowlet

Below in C & D, these Pokemon are generally considered to have negatives such that they are not considered very competitive choices for your team. However these Pokemon usually have at least one positive quality which makes them usable though nonoptimal. These are generally considered "for fun" but are ranked to indicate their strengths and weaknesses. Please do not spend your energy nominating and discussing if a Pokemon in C should actually be in D (or vice versa).

C
:Axew: Axew
:Cyndaquil: Cyndaquill
:Impidimp: Impidimp
:Mankey: Mankey
:Riolu: Riolu
:Shellos: Shellos
:Snover: Snover

D
:Charmander: Charmander
:Croagunk: Croagunk
:Meowth-Galar: Meowth-Galar
:Petilil: Petilil
:Pineco: Pineco
:Sandygast: Sandygast
:Sinistea: Sinistea
:Slowpoke: Slowpoke
:Wooper: Wooper
Where is Goomy in all of this? If you say E tier I will use Light of Ruin

Where is Goomy in all of this? If you say E tier I will use Light of Ruin
As a general reminder, do not make nominations for untiered Pokemon unless you have significant (i.e tournament) replays and calcs (i.e plausible situations) to back up your claim. These should be extremely few and far between and generally should not rely on one gimmick or your opponent misplaying to be good.

Okay, how in the actual heck is :stunky: in b+ tier? I propose we move it back where it was, or at least to C. The only things it has going for it are slightly above average speed, nice typing, setup in nasty plot, and fire coverage. Not that these aren't helpful, they just aren't much. And there is now a mon that does stunky's job better. Enter Grimer-Alola, my first post-home update nom.
:sm/grimer-alola:
Now, I don't think we should put this thing in B+, because the 't-spikes absorber with a psychic immunity' niche honestly isn't that good. I'm only here to say it's better than stunky. Grimer is slower, but far more bulky. You get better coverage with the elemental punches, drain punch to stay alive longer, a better ability in poison touch, and heck, I can see some insane power of alchemy strats being used. Oh, it also has rock and psychic coverage, and knock as well. All of that in exchange for being fast. If we do put stunky in C, Grimer-Alola deserves B.

Good day ladies and gentlemen

I know that this has been proposed but I would like to ask that cetoddle be ranked in c tier

First off, I know that this has been mentioned but 1, this is a different set,2 I think said set has some merits, allow me to introduce

Cetoddle @ Eviolite
Ability: Thick Fat
Level: 5
Tera Type: Ground
EVs: 212 HP / 52 Atk / 156 Def / 36 SpD / 12 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Ice Shard
- Earthquake
- Play Rough
- Liquidation

thick fat, tera ground cetoddle
First off it has solid bulk meaning it can tank quite a few resisted and non-resisted hits, It can also hit back with good damage thanks too its excellent attack, it also has solid coverage with play rough hitting crabrawler, ice shard hitting toedscool and earthquake hitting most everything else.

Edit: Now that growlithe is here tera ground cetoddle may see some use due to how well it checks growlithe h

However I am not the best at this game, so if anyone with more experience can criticize or provide feedback it would be appreciated, thanks.

Last edited:
Okay, how in the actual heck is :stunky: in b+ tier? I propose we move it back where it was, or at least to C. The only things it has going for it are slightly above average speed, nice typing, setup in nasty plot, and fire coverage. Not that these aren't helpful, they just aren't much. And there is now a mon that does stunky's job better. Enter Grimer-Alola, my first post-home update nom.
:sm/grimer-alola:
Now, I don't think we should put this thing in B+, because the 't-spikes absorber with a psychic immunity' niche honestly isn't that good. I'm only here to say it's better than stunky. Grimer is slower, but far more bulky. You get better coverage with the elemental punches, drain punch to stay alive longer, a better ability in poison touch, and heck, I can see some insane power of alchemy strats being used. Oh, it also has rock and psychic coverage, and knock as well. All of that in exchange for being fast. If we do put stunky in C, Grimer-Alola deserves B.
The 18 speed tier is extremely valuable in a meta full of 17 speed mons, and the physical set is also really good as the base attack stat is much higher (16 max attack with max EV invest to 13 max special attack) with the added bonus of priority with Sucker Punch. It's a good check to a chunk of mons like Shroodle since it can barely touch you. Being an offensive t-spike remover is also really good, since the other poison types are generally defensive or more support oriented like Shroodle, Mareanie or Glimmet. Grimer-A is good but there's no real reason to pull down stunky, mainly because that speed stat is really good to pressure 17 speeders which Grimer-A can't

home hath arrived and i wanna talk abt the funny mfs that have emerged from the distant past.
hisuian growlithe- B+ tier at least due to it having 16 speed, 17 attack, solid rock, and strong stab in head smash and flare blitz. it basically turns into a point and click eradication game.

236 Atk Growlithe-Hisui Flare Blitz vs. 0 HP / 36 Def Eviolite Pawniard: 20-26 (95.2 - 123.8%) -- 75% chance to OHKO
236 Atk Growlithe-Hisui Flare Blitz vs. 36 HP / 156 Def Eviolite Toedscool: 26-32 (123.8 - 152.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO
236 Atk Growlithe-Hisui Head Smash vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Voltorb-Hisui: 25-30 (125 - 150%) -- guaranteed OHKO

the only downside to growlithe-h is its quad weakness to water and ground. it just fold like a wet paper towel if it's ever hit with an aqua jet. the definition of glass cannon lol.

next up is alolan grimer. he a chonky mf with solid recovery in drain punch, it soaks up toxic spikes, is immune to prankster mons bc of its dark type. it clobbers would-be counter pawniard with said drain punch and tinkatink with fire punch. i'd say like C+ to B

196+ Atk Grimer-Alola Drain Punch vs. 0 HP / 36 Def Eviolite Pawniard: 20-28 (95.2 - 133.3%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO
236+ SpA Gothita Tera Blast vs. 36 HP / 196 SpD Eviolite Grimer-Alola: 5-6 (20 - 24%) -- guaranteed 5HKO
196+ Atk Grimer-Alola Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 116 HP / 180+ Def Eviolite Mareanie: 7-10 (30.4 - 43.4%) -- 100% chance to 3HKO

Nomination for gothita a+ -> a-

Can someone enlighten me as to how gothita got to a+

This thing either relies on choice scarf at which it pawniard can counter it, switches it at which point it can get attacked by most a- to a+ for a good amount of damage, or teras and potentially dies anyway. I understand the value of trapping but the trapper itself has to be good in order for trapping to be good.

Edit: I still think that trapping is valuable which is why i'm nominating a- I just don't think it's good enough for a+

Colin

formerly BeardedDrakon
is a Tiering Contributor
LCPL Champion
Nomination for gothita a+ -> a-

Can someone enlighten me as to how gothita got to a+

This thing either relies on choice scarf at which it pawniard can counter it, switches it at which point it can get attacked by most a- to a+ for a good amount of damage, or teras and potentially dies anyway. I understand the value of trapping but the trapper itself has to be good in order for trapping to be good.

Edit: I still think that trapping is valuable which is why i'm nominating a- I just don't think it's good enough for a+
The trapper itself does have to be good enough to trap what it is trying to trap, that is true. Gothita is good enough at this, since it has the bulk to switch into a hit from things such as Mareanie or Crabrawler, then threaten a trap on them. Beating the latter is an incredibly important, so it can sometimes be used as a glue in the team builder with that utility among other things, if you have some backup in case of Terastalization. It hits hard enough to threaten a lot of things if they get knocked/chipped, and with a scarf it outspeeds all unboosted Pokemon making it a good secondary speed control option. With what it can trap, its a very good enabler since it can often switch directly into some of its foes and threaten them in return with Psychic/coverage/stab, clearing the way for its offensive partners. Its extremely versatile in what it can help and is generally very consistent, which is why it is A+.

With the additions from Pokemon home, its still very useful, but this new meta hasn't been optimized, so I can't assure you it will stay A+, although I think A+/A is a likely landing spot since even with the nuclear threats of Hisuian Growlithe or Grookey restricting building it is still good at supporting them and didn't lose any of its prior capabilities.

Last edited:

Colin

formerly BeardedDrakon
is a Tiering Contributor
LCPL Champion
Some too early noms for the new meta, lets see how wrong I am in a month's time:

:growlithe-hisui: A+; Growlithe-H is the most meta defining threat which can run Choice Scarf or Eviolite with Flame Charge. Flare Blitz + Head Smash is really hard to switch into, and dealing with it has defined defensive cores with things such as protect, cores such as Mareanie + sturdy rock resist, or just very bulky grounds that tank both being used to deal with it.

:grookey: A+; less overbearing than Growlithe-H, Grookey is still very good with Wood Hammer + Knock Off + U-turn making a very good Scarfer, or just Eviolite attacker. teams are more equipped to deal with it but its still an effective breaker or pivot, and a great teammate of anything that fears ground types or needs a Scarfer that outspeeds Growlithe-H.

:voltorb-hisui: A; Kanto Voltorb, but it trades its flying resist for the ability to beat ground types with an extra stab. It often needs to tera to be effective, but its not guaranteed to need it like its Kantonian cousin and in mus outside of Wattrel it can be a consistent pivot. It would be A+ except that Scarfers got better post home, though it can run protect even tho it needs Volt Switch + grass stab + Terablast and really wants T-bolt. I don't know the correct move slot here.

:Diglett-alola: A/A-; its a good fast rocker, and its ability of Tangling Hair is very useful. Its a quad rock resist allowing it to function beside Mareanie/protect scouting very effectively to help beat Growlithe-H. It can sometimes be hard to switch into with the coverage of Stone Edge, Earthquake, and Iron Head.

:grimer-alola: B+; its slow, but packs a mean punch. it can switch into Grookey a bit, ghosts some, but mostly its just a tank. Its low longevity and lack of utility moves is a major drawback, but knock off + gunk shot + drain punch + 4th is difficult to switch into, especially if your ground type is weakened by grassy terrain from Grookey.

Hacker

is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Former Smogon Metagame Tournament Circuit Champion
hey, vr update!! im mainly just gonna be talking about things that just stand out to me or something all of the council agrees or has a mixed opinion on

:growlithe-hisui: everyone on the vr council unanimously agreed that hisu growlithe is the best mon in the tier due to the amount of sheer pressure it puts on as it is extremely difficult to check defensively.
:toedscool: we had a lot of variance in opinion on toedscool, the majority of people considered it to be an a+ pokemon but some others put it in a or a- because they felt like it has good role compression but felt like it just doesnt do that much
:foongus: a good amount of us also disagreed on how good foongus actually is with some of us putting it in b with others thinking it belongs in b+. while it is a great answer to stuff like grookey i think it is super vulnerable to getting trapped by goth and can get destroyed by growlithe hisui
:sandygast: the sandcastle got a rise because it can function as a dog check with reliable recovery
:diglett-alola: alolan diglett got put in a- because it can function as a wattrel answer, has a good speed tier, as well as it beats growlithe locked into head smash and can stop flame charge dog from getting a speed boost
:voltorb-hisui: we all almost unanimously agreed hisu voltorb is an a+ mon due to grass + electric stab being hard to check alongside with tera blast
:shellder: this got mentioned in the discord so i feel almost obligated to put it here, we just think its better than chewtle
:grimer-alola: alolan grimer is really good at trading 1 for 1 with things and has good utility thanks to its natural bulk allowing it to resist stuff like grookey and hard hitting knock off
:mareanie: mareanie also got a rise due to the ability to pivot in on hisu growlithe with its good bulk and it can regen off most of the damage
:shroodle: shroodle got a rise because it still remains a good pivot as well as sd unburden sets have had a good amount of success in tours
:grookey: we all unanimously agreed grookey is a- because we think it is the best 17 speed scarfer and is still pretty good but there are still solid options for grass resists like alolan grimer, drifloon, pawniard, etc
:pawniard: and last but not least a lot of us disagreed on where to place pawniard between a+ and normal a. some people think pawniard is a+ because of its good matchup vs webs as well as sd sets being scary as well as it being a decent rocker. i think it is a tier because i think its rocks sets are dissapointing and in non webs matchups it just doesnt have amazing offensive utility but still continues to be pretty good

and thats all, cya guys whenever we update this thread again :blobthumbsup:

Written for LeJames Chonk who really wants Scorbunny raised on the VR

Screenshot 2023-06-13 11.11.37 PM.png

Saving the Viability Rankings

:sv/scorbunny:

With the way the meta looks right now, Scorbunny has risen as a cool option in order to deal with some of the top meta threats, Voltorb-Hisui and Growlithe-Hisui. With a Choice Scarf and 17 speed, Scorbunny has the crucial ability to outspeed Choice Scarf Growlithe-H and threaten it with strong attacks. Thanks to Libero, Scorbunny's type will change to be the same typing the attack it used, (except in cases where it uses Tera) giving all of it's moves the STAB. It also has access to a STAB Sucker Punch, which is useful priority if something manages to outspeed it, such as Unburden Drifloon. Pairing the factors of a decent base attack stat, Libero, high BP moves like Flare Blitz and High Jump Kick, and U-Turn make this mon extremely threatening to common Pokemon that were already mentioned, making it a useful mon in the current meta.

I don't have an exact opinion on where Scorbunny should go, but based on it's useful qualities it deserves a raise.

"How dare you stand where he stood"
Anyway I get the growlithe hype but two 4x weaknesses should have kept it out of S tier. Reminding you this is the tier where diglett, an insanely broken and customizable mon used to sit. I think it's really good but I don't think it deserves S given that and I think when all is said and done it will just be another cyndaquil, a high risk high reward mon.

Last edited:
Ok before I was tired but now I actually am going to make my point

Growlithe Hisui is A+ at best, it is not S tier. This is for 2 reasons.

1. They always have to lead, maybe not have to but leading is often the best and most predictable play and it's typing means it can't switch into much which brings me to my next point.
2.Typing, it's really good offensively but really bad defensively, this means you either need to tera or switch both of which are high risk plays especially if rocks are up.

Growlithe-H definitely belongs in A+ but S should be saved for things that or over centralizing or inherently broken, which I believe Growlithe is neither.
Opinions subject to change as meta shifts

Edit: forgot webs, if someone gets webs up you better have a pawniard or the game is over

NotJackewu

Banned deucer.
Ok before I was tired but now I actually am going to make my point

Growlithe Hisui is A+ at best, it is not S tier. This is for 2 reasons.

1. They always have to lead, maybe not have to but leading is often the best and most predictable play and it's typing means it can't switch into much which brings me to my next point.
2.Typing, it's really good offensively but really bad defensively, this means you either need to tera or switch both of which are high risk plays especially if rocks are up.

Growlithe-H definitely belongs in A+ but S should be saved for things that or over centralizing or inherently broken, which I believe Growlithe is neither.
Opinions subject to change as meta shifts
H-Growlithe doesnt have to lead at all. It can come in at any point in the game and claim a free kill unless the opponent runs unmons like Gible or Wooper. It CAN lead into a lot of matchups though.

You mentioned two 4x weaknesses before, this doesnt matter when the Pokemon 2HKO-s 90% of the tier. You dont need defensive strengths on a Pokemon that's meant to come in and take a kill. The Pokemon has 2 insanely high BP moves (Flare Blitz: 120BP, Head Smash: 150BP) that are normally nerfed by taking recoil, but dont this time because of Rock Head. That combination with Tera makes this Pokemon near unstoppable.
Dont even get me started on the eviolite + tera grass variant.

This Pokemon is clearly S tier.

(Detailed post I made before if this doesnt suffice)

H-Growlithe doesnt have to lead at all. It can come in at any point in the game and claim a free kill unless the opponent runs unmons like Gible or Wooper. It CAN lead into a lot of matchups though.

You mentioned two 4x weaknesses before, this doesnt matter when the Pokemon 2HKO-s 90% of the tier. You dont need defensive strengths on a Pokemon that's meant to come in and take a kill. The Pokemon has 2 insanely high BP moves (Flare Blitz: 120BP, Head Smash: 150BP) that are normally nerfed by taking recoil, but dont this time because of Rock Head. That combination with Tera makes this Pokemon near unstoppable.
Dont even get me started on the eviolite + tera grass variant.

This Pokemon is clearly S tier.

(Detailed post I made before if this doesnt suffice)
What I meant by leading mainly applies to the eviolite variant which needs to get flame charge up in order to compete with 17+ speed tier, leading is a very good opportunity to do this since your opponent has not set up yet. Also in your post you forgot glimmet which can tank both a non crit flare blitz (with focus sash) and head smash and revenge kill with mud shot. Point taken.
Edit: Agility? Thats a new one.
Edit2: If something has two 4x weaknesses and growlithe only picks up 2 hit KO's then something can easily OHKO it in that time, it can severely weaken mons but unless you get lucky you can't OHKO, beasically it can't deal well with revenge kills.

Last edited:
Nomming grookey :grookey: to either S or A+ tier

This Mon is cracked (but also finally balanced). It plays so many roles just by existing, it’s great. Grassy Terrain is great support for sweepers, teammates, and shoring up ground type weaknesses. Wood Hammer is a good offensive tool that turns into borderline unwallable under terrain + tera grass. It’s the best user of knock off and has access to u turn to support teams and keep momentum. Drain punch tells Pawniard it’ll never be S tier ever again as well as keeping grookey healthy.

It enables a bunch of stuff too, such as Grassy Seed Shroodle and Drifloon. Grookey helps out rocks weak Pokémon such as Nymble and Larvesta due to pressuring stealth rockers hard. Checking Voltorb-Hisui is also quite nice. Finally, you can run either of eviolite or choice scarf to specialize your role even further, giving it a lot of depth in how it wants to play.

Mon is cracked, but at least it doesn’t have grassy glide anymore :worrywhirl:

I think Foongus :foongus: should be considered for B+ with the state if the meta right now. After laddering for the first time since the Growtlith-H ban, Voltorb-H feels like it's become the next big threat. It's honestly a cracked mon when you have to consider tera ice or fire, threatening nearly the whole meta with its combination of electric, grass, and fire/ice coverage. I think Foongus's utility in being able to deal with a non-tera Voltorb-H makes it a tier above the other mons in B. It's of course still threatened by tera, but so is the entire meta. If you're able to force something else to use tera, foongus becomes even more valuable. Numel could also fit this description of being able to handle Voltorb-H, even when if tera'd, but it doesn't feel as easily slotted onto a team as Foongus.

TLDR is with how threatening Voltorb-H is, Foongus feels much better than the other mons in B right now.

I think Foongus :foongus: should be considered for B+ with the state if the meta right now. After laddering for the first time since the Growtlith-H ban, Voltorb-H feels like it's become the next big threat. It's honestly a cracked mon when you have to consider tera ice or fire, threatening nearly the whole meta with its combination of electric, grass, and fire/ice coverage. I think Foongus's utility in being able to deal with a non-tera Voltorb-H makes it a tier above the other mons in B. It's of course still threatened by tera, but so is the entire meta. If you're able to force something else to use tera, foongus becomes even more valuable. Numel could also fit this description of being able to handle Voltorb-H, even when if tera'd, but it doesn't feel as easily slotted onto a team as Foongus.

TLDR is with how threatening Voltorb-H is, Foongus feels much better than the other mons in B right now.

236 SpA Tera Ice Voltorb-Hisui Tera Blast vs. 124 HP / 156 SpD Eviolite Foongus: 14-18 (56 - 72%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Even with a super effective move vs foongus you still take it, allowing you to use spore to deal with Orb-H

I’m going a step further and saying it should be A- because toedscool fell off and for good reason. Spore is such a powerful tool and being able to functionally disable an opposing teammate is so strong, allowing for set up turns and or capitalizing on forced switches. It’s not A+ YET as Gothita still exists and it struggles in a metagame with Tera due to not having a good Tera to go into, but bulk + regen + spore + synth + checking orb-h and grookey is a big win.

Hey y'all, big shift here to adjust from growlith leaving, will be going over some of the most evident reasons for the changes of the more viable mons

Rises!
:drifloon: A -> A + The VR council has reached complete unanimous agreement that drifloon belongs in the top tier, it has become extremely dominate as the best available option for hazard removal compressed with utility, while also offering great speed control and serving as a good check to physical mons like SD pawn and scarf grook. It also has access to conditional high base power STAB's that bring offensive pressure and need to be respected in endgames with it's potential speed.

:shroodle: A -> A+ Shroodle, while needing quite a bit of support, is the most dangerous sweeper in the tier right now. After grassy seed procs it is near impossible to revenge kill without priority, has access to many high base power moves, and can completely circumvent both it's offensive and defensive checks with the right tera type. When you also consider it's viable presence on other teamstyles with prankster, an excellent speed tier and an ideal pivot movepool, it easily earns the top rank, receiving multiple votes for S as well.

:grookey: A- -> A Grookey has to be respected throughout the match as tera grass whammer is capable of ohkoing nuetral targets with very minimal chip and requires sturdy resists to switch in, outspeeding all other commonly used scarfers. It's capable of both knocking it's own checks and weakening things for its common partner shroodle, the top threat.

:foongus: B -> A- Foongus surged in viability as the most reliable counter to voltorb-h, taking negligible damage from both STABs and able to tank even super effective terablast hits easily. With grookey+shroodle teams being so prevalent it also is a good check to many shroodle sets. It's additionally considerably difficult to switch into spore, as every immunity except for toedscool cannot threaten foongus and fears STAB sludge.

:numel: B -> A- It's scary set variety and a typing that leaves it not much to fear vs routinely brought mons like drifloon and voltorb-h makes numel frequently frustrating to deal with, most notably it's stockpile body press set and growth flame charge set, which require often very different countermeasures and are not discernable from preview.

:Larvesta: B- -> B The ranking for larvesta was slightly outdated and needed to be adjusted, without growlith-h in the tier anymore it is no longer the liability it was, and is free to utilize it's hard to switch into STABs and decent to great matchups against many top mons like gothita, crabrawler, toedscool, voltorb-h, and drifloon prior to losing item. The hazard meta shift from rapid spin to defog is quite benifical for larv as well.

:Nymble: B+ -> A- Nymble shines slightly brighter as well, very much enjoying this fast paced offensive metagame. It provides the anti HO utility LO first impression always has, stopping shroodle after minimal chip and punishing any setup sweeper that does not opt for protect. There has also been the emergence of choice scarf nymble, which is capable of always forcing out voltorb-h with u-turn regardless of it's protect, getting big chip on pokemon it wouldn't be able to otherwise touch in a 1v1 like wattrel, and often easily cleaning through weakened frail offensive teams that rely on resistances with tera bug.

Drops!
:Toedscool: A+ -> A Toedscool is as frustrating to switch into as ever, but heavily dislikes the large uptick in usage of grass types, as most of it's moves arent atall threatening to mons like grookey and voltorb-h, and while it can knock, it loses to foongus 1v1. It also is a bit less effective at removal with the omnipotence of drifloon, who does not care about any of it's standard moves but knock, which even then forces out toeds, so it requires outplaying over multiple sequences.

:Pawniard: A -> A- While pawn still offers important priority and useful defensive typing, it's stealth rock sets are too passive and it's SD sets are too easily taken advantage of by top mons like crabrawler and drifloon. It needs to run night slash to even threaten the latter on the switch, which loses important coverage.

:Glimmet: A -> A- Glimmet's ability to compress spikes and rocks is a bit less valuable in a primary removal defog meta, and it often has to choose between getting up hazards at all and getting damage vs gothita. There is also no shortage of mons to absorb tspikes, some of which it cannot threaten at all, like foongus.

:zorua-hisui: A -> A- Hisu Zorua has gotten a small drop off due to the rise of Drifloon competing with it as a ghost type. :shroodle:

:Wingull: A -> B+ Wingul is still a powerful albiet unreliable countermeasure to webs, but it's previously impressive speed tier has been overwhelmed by newly frequently used scarfers like grookey and gothita, as well as innately faster mons like voltorb-h and setup shroodle. It's previous ability to offensively threaten both non tera and tera grass eviolite growlith is now irrelevant as well.

:Mareanie: A- ->B+ With the absence of growlith-h and the huge fall in mons like mankey and deerling, mareanie is simply just not as in demand as it was. It's an unhelpful mon to have vs your team vs voltorb-h, is trapped by goth without any real counterplay besides tera, and is unreliable at checking setup pokemon like shroodle and shellder due to tera.

:Quaxly: A -> B+ The trend of water types getting worse continues, quaxly is predictably helpless against voltorb-h and with growlith-h gone loses all utility of water type priority. While the most viable usage of it has changed to a special torrent surf set in order to not be shut down by floon and target the more commonly lower spedef stat, it's low base stats still hold it back and make it struggle in a tier of many rampaging setup sweepers.

:Stunky: B -> B- Stunky has had a small drop off due to competition with Alolan Grimer with it having the same typing to check stuff defensively as well as Alolan Grimer having more offensive pressure in this very fast paced metagame. :shroodle:

:Zorua: B -> B- Zorua has been given a small drop off due to competition with Alolan Grimer if you want a solid knock off user, as well as it having competition with pokemon like Grookey as a 17 speed scarfer. :shroodle:

:Bramblin: B -> C Bramblin has been trending downwards with recent metagame shifts like Drifloon being near mandatory on many team structures giving it super tough competition for removal as well as Drifloon checking things like Toedscool which you normally would use bramblin for., as well as wingull losing relevance. :shroodle:

:Magnemite: B -> C Magnemite has continued to trend downward with recent meta shifts like Numel rising, Wattrel being common to check Hisu Voltorb which Magnemite also has a lot of competition with. :shroodle:

:Greavard: B -> C Greavard had a super unique niche in Hisu Growlithe meta being able to tank head smashes and not get absolutely obliterated. But without Hisu Growlithe in the meta and spikestack teams trending downwards, Greavard finds itself struggling more. :shroodle:

:buizel: :psyduck: B- -> C Rain is suffering a lot right now, while still barely viable it has problems with many current meta traits. The prevalence of grass types, a weakness to many opposing HO's, and the amount of anti HO measures aimed at unburden shroodle and webs teams that spill over into dealing with rain very well all hinder it from being as strong has it has been previously.

:Sandygast: B- -> D Sandygast had a good niche in the last metagame as another Hisu Growlithe check but with Hisu Growlithe gone there is on reason to use Sandygast as it will do things like invite Hisu Voltorb, Grookey, etc in. :shroodle:

:shroodle: big thanks to door money for typing up the ones with the :shroodle:

:blobuwu:

I am interested in G-slowpoke for its tank-ability and odd high physical attack.
Slowpoke-Galar @ Eviolite
Adamant Nature
Tera Type: Ground/To be determined
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 76 HP / 196 Atk / 236 SpD
- Zen Headbutt/Facade/Body slam
- Liquidation/Curse
- Earthquake/Avalanche
- Slack off/T-wave/Yawn/Block
Please note that these are the notable moves that I think are useful, they can be used in any way possible and these moves could be used in any order. I would also like to note that the slowpoke has a whooping 26 HP.
196+ Atk Slowpoke-Galar Zen Headbutt vs. 36 HP / 0 Def Shroodle: 30-36 (142.8 - 171.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO

196+ Atk Slowpoke-Galar Zen Headbutt vs. 0 HP / 140 Def Eviolite Crabrawler: 14-18 (66.6 - 85.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

196+ Atk Slowpoke-Galar Zen Headbutt vs. 124 HP / 156+ Def Eviolite Foongus: 14-18 (56 - 72%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

196+ Atk Slowpoke-Galar Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 20 Def Eviolite Glimmet: 32-40 (152.3 - 190.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO

196+ Atk Slowpoke-Galar Zen Headbutt vs. 116 HP / 180+ Def Eviolite Mareanie: 14-18 (60.8 - 78.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

196+ Atk Slowpoke-Galar Earthquake vs. 12 HP / 0 Def Eviolite Stunky: 16-20 (69.5 - 86.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

I think this Mon could have interesting implications in the meta please let me know what you think.

Last edited:

Yoko

I COULD BE BANNED!
I am interested in G-slowpoke for its tank-ability and odd high physical attack.
Slowpoke-Galar @ Eviolite
Adamant Nature
Tera Type: Ground/To be determined
EVs: 76 HP / 196 Atk / 236 SpD
- Zen Headbutt/Facade/Body slam
- Liquidation/Curse
- Earthquake/Avalanche
- Slack off/T-wave/Yawn/Block
Please note that these are the notable moves that I think are useful, they can be used in any way possible and these moves could be used in any order. I would also like to note that the slowpoke has a whooping 26 HP.
196+ Atk Slowpoke-Galar Zen Headbutt vs. 36 HP / 0 Def Shroodle: 30-36 (142.8 - 171.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO

196+ Atk Slowpoke-Galar Zen Headbutt vs. 0 HP / 140 Def Eviolite Crabrawler: 14-18 (66.6 - 85.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

196+ Atk Slowpoke-Galar Zen Headbutt vs. 124 HP / 156+ Def Eviolite Foongus: 14-18 (56 - 72%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

196+ Atk Slowpoke-Galar Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 20 Def Eviolite Glimmet: 32-40 (152.3 - 190.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO

196+ Atk Slowpoke-Galar Zen Headbutt vs. 116 HP / 180+ Def Eviolite Mareanie: 14-18 (60.8 - 78.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

196+ Atk Slowpoke-Galar Earthquake vs. 12 HP / 0 Def Eviolite Stunky: 16-20 (69.5 - 86.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

I think this Mon could have interesting implications in the meta please let me know what you think.
tbh i agree with this but one small thing is that i think special slowpoke-galar should be looked into

my Bro (Slowpoke-Galar) @ Eviolite
Shiny: Yes
Tera Type: Ground / fighting / dark / whatever u fucking want
EVs: 76 Spa / 236 Def / 196 SpD
Impish Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Calm Mind
- Fire Blast / flamethrower
- Hydro Pump / Surf
- Ice Beam / Shadow ball/ Psychic / Grass knot / Tera blast / Slack off
i dont think this should be underestimated either tho the physical sets will be prob better i think special will have a niche with its fucking great coverage, Setup move (calm mind) and healing with slack off

Last edited:
I'm back on LC after a long while, and honestly, loving this meta. It lets a wider variety of mons shine (note there are 5 A+ mons currently) and I've got a few noms I wanted to share.
:nymble: A- to A
This thing is still as annoying as ever, and loves gothita, grookey, and the like being so common. It did just get a jump in the vr, but I don't think that was enough. It's an outstanding revenge killer with a great ability in tinted lens, and survivability in leech life. It also makes up for its below average speed with great priority moves. Additionally, nobody wants to tank a hit from first impression(except maybe pawniard, who's less common now, and glimmet, who is usually out early game and should be taken care of before nymble is used).
:diglett-alola: A- to B+ (maybe even B)
Who here remembers the discussion about Wiglett being garbage on this thread? There were arguments like the following:
Wiglett doesnt have arena trap like diglett so there's really no reason to use it.
Wiglett has terrible bulk due to its poor BST and 3 bad abilities in Gooey, Rattled, and Sand Veil which are gimmicky at best.
Besides its high speed stat it has doodoo stats
All of these things apply to diglett-a! It lacks Arena Trap, Tangling Hair is a reskin of Gooey, and its BST (265) is absolutely horrendous. I'm gonna be honest, hairy diglett does have more bulk and a defensive typing, and also runs eviolite most of the time, allowing it to actually do its job (being rocks and lowering speed) without dying (unlike wiglett). But here's the thing. It's not surviving hits from mons intended to sweep. Its steel typing might do more harm than good, as it gives it a fighting, fire, and ground weakness. It can't even take an EQ from another diglett-a. Mudbray covers this thing's niche so much better.

:nymble:
228+ Atk Life Orb Nymble First Impression vs. 36 HP / 36 Def Eviolite Voltorb-Hisui: 23-31 (109.5 - 147.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO
228+ Atk Life Orb Nymble First Impression vs. 36 HP / 36 Def Eviolite Grookey: 23-31 (104.5 - 140.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO
228+ Atk Life Orb Nymble Sucker Punch vs. 0 HP / 36 Def Gothita: 18-23 (85.7 - 109.5%) -- 75% chance to OHKO
228+ Atk Life Orb Nymble Sucker Punch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Drifloon: 23-29 (95.8 - 120.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

:diglett-alola:
20 Atk Iron Fist Crabrawler Drain Punch vs. 36 HP / 36 Def Eviolite Diglett-Alola: 20-26 (111.1 - 144.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO
188 Atk Scorbunny Blaze Kick vs. 36 HP / 36 Def Eviolite Diglett-Alola: 20-26 (111.1 - 144.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO
(scorbunny in this instance runs scarf to outspeed)
156 Atk Diglett-Alola Earthquake vs. 36 HP / 36 Def Eviolite Diglett-Alola: 20-26 (111.1 - 144.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO
236+ SpA Tera Fighting Gothita Tera Blast vs. 36 HP / 76 SpD Eviolite Diglett-Alola: 14-20 (77.7 - 111.1%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO

I nominate Foongus and Numel for A rank

I believe that Foongus is really bulky and hard to kill while still being able to shut down a big threat and even get kills. Giga drain keeps it healthy and spore gives it time to kill things. As for Numel, it deals perfectly with Glimmora who is in the same tier. Flame charge breaks the sach and give a +2 speed boost then earthquake finishes it off. Bodypress is still good for dealing with Pawniard but Pawn is losing utility with more pokemon able to counter it and K.O. it with ease. Terra Dragon or Flying is usefull as Dragon lets Numel resist Water and Flying for the Ground immunity.

I could be wrong but this is how I feel right now in this meta.
Hope you consider these changes.

:diglett-alola: A- to B+ (maybe even B)
I don't even like this mon, but it very much deserves its A- status. For all the HO teams running around on ladder and in tour, this mon is the best at getting up Stealth Rocks, and clicking Memento or Earthquake if it lives the first hit. Its 19 Speed tier does make it slower than Voltorb-Hisui, only getting 1 turn of team support, but its suicide lead playstyle allows for a mon like Numel to come in and break holes so another setup mon like Shellder, Crabrawler, or Shroodle can clean house. Eviolite Diglett-A has some defensive utility, by resisting/being immune to Wattrel's STABs, and Tangling Hair allowing it to lower the speed of Growlithe-Hisui when it was legal, and more recently Numel clicking Flame Charge to stop a sweep. It has even seen use on a Sand team with Life Orb Sand Force Earthquakes and Iron Heads hitting the tier extremely hard, shoutouts Acehunter1 for passing my opponent the team. While worse than its Kantoian sibling, Diglett-Alola has been a good mon since Home dropped in a variety of rolls and is a mon that in my opinion belongs in the A- tier.

156 Atk Diglett-Alola Earthquake vs. 36 HP / 36 Def Eviolite Diglett-Alola: 20-26 (111.1 - 144.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 3, Guests: 4)