Su(b)perior Offense [UU peaked #4]

Su(b)perior Offense

Hey guys, especially the UU players! Thank you for checking out this team and taking some time out to read/rate it.

This team was originally made in the previous round, with a slightly different line up of pokes catering for the various threats of the time. Starting fresh in UU, I really tried to make a team that encompassed my personality and rather offensive, cavalier battle style. The team worked extremely well, getting me to a rating of 1661, reaching the #4 spot on the ladder behind some opponents I hold in the highest esteem, namely Bluewind and Ironbullet. The rating itself is rather insignificant to me. What I remember most profoundly are the great battles this team has been in against the heavyweights of UU. This team has taken numerous big-name scalps, the two I treasure most being Bluewind in an epic, and a tense thriller against Stallion.

The team has changed somewhat with the new suspects dropping down so it’s difficult to compare both eras of this team. New threats were dealt with, while old threats became more prominent.

To sum this team up, it is basically structured to allow Rhyperior some room to manoeuvre and sweep late game with its greatest foes paralysed, heavily damaged or out of commission. However, the likes of PZ, Venusaur and Alakazam can also pull off a devastating run, and are not to be taken lightly.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HISTORY

mk.I
"The original and probably best. My personal favourite, having laddered to #4 in the Gallade/Honch era."

mk.II
"Rather than ladder in the P-Z/Cress era, this served brilliantly to head-hunt the most prolific names in UU."

mk.III
"Having peaked on the leaderboard, and taken nearly all the names on my hit-list, this is the final incarnation of the team that has served me so well."

Hit-list: The Prolific 23

Bluewind
Ironbullet.
A.P

Xianglongfa
Batpig
Philip7086 (lost 0-1)
trickroom
Lemmiwinks
RT.
Stallion
Flareblitz
Whistle
Jamasha
Thund91
Flashstorm1
PowertothePika
August
J. Franky

Coronis
Krack (lost in a tight contest)
Teifu
Eo ut mortus
LonelyNess

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Uxie @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP/120 Def/136 SDef
Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Thunder Wave
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn
- Psychic

Although I'd rather start off the match with a massive blitz, the glaring weakness to moltres caused by Arcanine and Sharpedo's departure was too much to ignore. I need a lead who could provide paralysis support, Lay down rocks and function as a bulky pivot similar to Slowbro did. On the advice of Franky, I've now incorporated uxie into the team. Provides a neat fighting resist and has some good synergy with the rest. Because the rest of the team isnt very solid defense wise, a slow u-turn allows my sweepers to enter the battefield unscathed.

---

Absol (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Super Luck
EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Sucker Punch
- Night Slash
- Superpower
- Pursuit

First of all I must take the time to thank Jamasha for suggesting this set, which also carries a massive surprise element. Alakazam and Mismagius want to play mind games with Sucker Punch? Rotom thinks life’s good with a scarf? Uhh.. how about a Night Slash to the face? Absol is a fantastic revenge killer, and if I get super lucky, break things that are outside my range. It is my # 1 go-to mon to deal with CM Cresselia. Without a sub up, it’s clean OHKO’d by punishment. Unfortunately it loses to Swellow in terms of speed, but unless I’m below 50%, I can play mind games with Sucker Punch and Night Slash. Sucker Punch might seem redundant given its speed, but it combats priority and is a great asset.

---

Venusaur (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Overgrow
EVs: 6 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
Jolly nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Power Whip
- Sleep Powder
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake

Swords Dance Venusaur is an extremely fearsome sweeper due to its ability to incapacitate incoming counters and double its attack instantly. Max speed allows me to punish those defensively EV’d fire types who think they can bluff me out. Without Honchkrow taking sleep, its effect is arguably much more profound this round. One boost is enough to down many walls such as Registeel, Milotic and Cress. It forms a nice little core with Slowbro, both of which lend resistances to Rhyperior’s greatest fears: a drop of water and a leaf falling from a tree.

---

Rhyperior (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 132 HP/252 Atk/24 Def/100 Spd
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Substitute
- Megahorn

Su(b)perior, the star of the show. This thing is an absolute beast late game with paralysis support. Substitute eases the pressure on prediction, allowing me to pick out the relevant move to ass kick. The EV spread provide for nice 101 subs, with enough speed to outpace base 50s. If everything goes to plan, Rhyperior will seem to be the spriteliest thing in existence, dancing around Sceptile, Molres, Raikou and co. The one thing that irritates me is the shaky accuracy on both Stone Edge and Megahorn. Seriously, moves in that range have a bad tendency to approach 0% acc when you need it most.

---

Alakazam (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 4 HP/252 Spd/252 SAtk
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Substitute
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
- Signal Beam

Life's Short, Live While You Can. That’s the motto of every glass cannon and Alakazam is certainly no exception. Like its physical counterpart, it utilizes subs to avoid status and Sucker punchers before unleashing some real firepower. With substitute and Alakazam’s own mercurial speed, it can deal two lots of pain before taking a hit. Max speed allows me to tie with Sceptile and Dugtrio, while out speeding Ambipoms. Life Orb provides that extra bit of kick that can make the difference between being swept and sweeping myself.

---

Porygonz @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Download
EVs: 178 HP/172 Spd/160 SAtk (Props to Negator for the spread)
Modest nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Tri Attack
- Dark Pulse
- Hidden Power [Fighting]
- Trick

My answer to swellow and moltres who caused me problems before. Comes in and can revenge easily with a 2x STAB Tri attack. The EVs may seem alittle strange so i'll explain. 80 in speed allows me to outspeed jolly swellow, and the 178 in HP provides this duck with some much needed bulk. Therefore quick attack is a rather fruitless endeavour. Once only stubborn walls remain, I can trick a scarf onto a para'd blockade. No more Moonlight, Softboiled or Recover.

---

Threat List (Stolen from franky's RMT)

Black means not troublesome at all.
Orange means it'll cause some mild problems.
Red means something is going down, maybe the whole team.

- Rhyperior takes on the ones without Low Kick (which is rare nowadays, though). Alakazam and Absol outspeed and OHKO it. Slowbro can work around it.
- Absol. Slowbro paralysis makes it near useless. My own Alakazam can also do the job in a pinch.
- Venusaur. Slowbro. Alakazam. Absol. PZ. Rhyperior. Lol.
- Rhyperior’s stone edge does heavy damage. Absol can Punish DD.
- Alakazam’s mind games will make my opponent have to excel on predictions. Rhyperior can take anything and OHKO back with Earthquake. Venusaur can sleep it.
- Slowbro and Venu if I’m feeling ballsy.
- Slowbro switches in with impunity and can spam para. Venu setup bait too. Absol can take it with priority under 50%.
- Venusaur loves this guy. So does PZ.
- Slowbro bait. Again, Venu if I suspect it’s a mixed set. Alakazam.
- Absol, Rhyperior, Venusaur. (P-Z and Zam in certain cases)
- see Chansey
- Absol. Slept and boosted on by Venu. Rhyperior, P-Z.
- P-Z, Zam, Venusaur.
- PZ and Alakazam prey on its softer special side. Venu and absol can take it on the physical front.
- Slowbro, P-Z, Zam and Venu.
- Rhyperior is a full stop to Drapion, but I don’t like to reveal it early. Alakazam and Absol can nail it at a certain range.
- Don’t see this much but Absol can beat it.
- Plays the mind game with Alakazam, Absol is a nasty surprise to it.
- Slowbro walls this. Venusaur can beat it, Absol if it’s SD.
- P-Z. Destiny Bond is a pain though. Absol can revenge but by then it’s probably too late with spikes up.
- Venu and Zam.
- Same as Hariyama, but Slowbro can wall.
- as above.
- Absol and Zam.
- Slowbro and Venu can take it standard, rain is another issue.
- Venusaur, Absol if I’m super lucky.
- Alakazam, para from Slowbro can allow megahorn rape.
- Venu and Zam. Again, rain another issue.
- Absol, Alakazam and Venu in a pinch
- Venusaur, P-Z cannot be stopped once it’s up.
- Alakazam and Absol.
- The first of the biiig threats, especially as I don’t have any rockers. Was never a problem in the past but now my only real shot is an Alakazam and Absol one two punch. In extreme cases I will sac Slowbro just to paralyse for Rhyperior. Hp fighting loses me the speed tie with PZ.
- P-Z, Alakazam.
- Same as Nidoking, but much less dangerous. Venu absorbs TSpikes.
- Venusaur, P-Z, Absol, Zam. Rain is annoying.
- Encore can certainly be annoying. Venusaur and Alakazam don’t have problems though
- Absol takes all. Zam for non-scarf sets
- Slowbro, Venusaur, Alakazam. Different story under rain.
- Rhyperior can take it without hp water. Absol can revenge after 50%. Venu can beat it in a pinch. Often lured successfully by Slowbro.
- Venusaur, Zam, P-Z, Slowbro
- Venusaur, Zam, PZ.
- Venusaur, Zam, P-Z, Slowbro
- lol with Absol.
- Stopped cold by para, then left at the mercy of Zam and Rhyperior. Zam out speeds and kills with signal beam. Absol can revenge.
- Similar to Sceptile, but cannot let it get SD at any cost.
- Venusaur, Absol.
- Venu, P-Z and Rhyperior.
- Venu, P-Z, Absol, Zam.
- Rhyperior is really the only solid check, lucky both are late game pokes. Scarfsol can beat it with mind games.
- Slept, can be hit from both ends of the spectrum by Rhyperior and Zam.
- RP sets give me the shiits, can really only sac for LO + Wood hammer recoil before revenge with Absol’s sucker punch. Major threat number 2.
- Alakazam and Venu have fun here.
- Rhyperior and Alakazam. Venusaur can screw over wish passers with sleep.
- P-Z, nuff said.
- Slower saurs can be slept, Alakazam fucks all of them up and Absol deal with non def sets
- Alakazam, P-Z, Slowbro.

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Hey dude what's up? :). Ok so I've lost to this team (as you said), beaten this team a few times and I've used it a fair bit too so I guess I'm fairly qualified to give you a rate. I remember mentioning to you on shoddy specific threats, but I'd really have to say that Slowbro is by far the weak point of your team. I know it checks shit like LO Moltres (who I'd say from playing this team is your biggest threat by far lol) but it is also out of place being the set up bait of the team that allows stuff like Sub/CM Cresselia with Signal Beam/HP Fighting to hurt you more. As much as I know you love your lead PZ, spiking leads still get 2 + layers up against it (which in my wins really were your downfall). Most people also have checks for early game NP PZ then late so I'd much rather see you use the same set as a lategame sweeper to keep the pressure on the opponent, and use a lead like Thick Fat Hariyama that limits Spikers influence and can still check Moltes alright. Anyway this is just nitpicking, its a really solid team from a really solid battler, gl Smurf :)

Looks like a very, very good team. I tend to forget who I've beaten and who I've lost to, although I can't recall ever losing to you with my sand team. Looking at this now though, I don't really see how I did o.o Your team has everything my team hates, and I'm sure that applies to many a team nowadays.

The only thing I can really see causing problems are... nevermind. I can't really see anything that would bug this team overly much, mostly because ScarfSol is such a beast. Swellow could be a problem if you are saving Rhyperior for late game, especially SubEndeavor variants of Swellow. (which only I use anyways, so eh.) There is also a small SubSceptile weakness, especially ones that run Leaf Storm and HP Ice or SubSD sets.

Good job :)

You say pz lead beats common leads... but what does it do about Frosslass? Since pz has no priority, won't fross simply spike until you get to its sash and D-bond you to take you with it? So its getting at least one layer up and taking your lead or it is getting two (if you NP) and then taking your lead with it.

Just curious what you do about it.

I remember losing to this =(.
One way to answer to it is perhaps a Specially bulky Drapion. Venusaur and rhyperior will give it trouble though.
A noticeable lack of SR leads me to fear moltres (sunny beam) and swellow. The latter shouldnt be a problem for rhyperior and slowbro.

IronBullet

Astronomy Domine
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Hey there:)
Excellent team you have...but have you considered running Pursuit on Absol? It pretty much guarantees you take out those pesky Psychics and Ghosts you switch into. What you choose to replace is up to you.
You also lack a single Ground resistanc, and powerful Ground-type sweepers such as RP Torterra and Rhyperior run all over your team if Slowbro is even slighty weakened, due to Wood Hammer and Megahorn respectively.
Hence I suggest replacing Slowbro with Cresselia. It can also utilize Thunder Wave, but gives you a much needed Ground immunity. You lose the useful part Water-type, but Cresselias bulkiness sort of makes up for it.

Bluewind

GIVE EO WARSTORY
is a Top Contributor Alumnus
I should've never tried to snipe your Venusaur! xP

Well, on to the rate, that's a great team, and I myself ran on the last stage one that looked a lot like it, being also based around SubPerior (which is underrated), thus I don't really have much to add other than the fact you could consider Pursuit on Absol. I do recognize that having fast priority has its uses, but it seems you'd benefit more from trapping pokés that can potentialy screw you up, like Moltres, that when noticing the scarf, will try to switch out, added to Ghost pokés, which will be taking a huge hit even if not switching out. It's also good to have something that can surely beat Alakazam, as once Absol is gone the only thing stopping it is a speed tie with your own Alakazam. Added to that, the threats against which SP helps can get around that (Torterra can just RP until you run out of PP and from there wreck havoc).

On another note, you could (and should) consider another lead. Porygon-Z is an awesome one, but lacking Rocks on a team that has a glaring weakness to Moltres is a big no-no.

Good Luck =)

Edit: Beaten by IB on the Pursuit thing xP
Edit 2: I'd just like to point out that Thick Fat Hariyama is not a check to Moltres, as it's rightfully KOed (unless you heavily invest in SpDef, and I'm still not sure it can survive) by Air Slash.

Hey dude what's up? :). Ok so I've lost to this team (as you said), beaten this team a few times and I've used it a fair bit too so I guess I'm fairly qualified to give you a rate. I remember mentioning to you on shoddy specific threats, but I'd really have to say that Slowbro is by far the weak point of your team. I know it checks shit like LO Moltres (who I'd say from playing this team is your biggest threat by far lol) but it is also out of place being the set up bait of the team that allows stuff like Sub/CM Cresselia with Signal Beam/HP Fighting to hurt you more. As much as I know you love your lead PZ, spiking leads still get 2 + layers up against it (which in my wins really were your downfall). Most people also have checks for early game NP PZ then late so I'd much rather see you use the same set as a lategame sweeper to keep the pressure on the opponent, and use a lead like Thick Fat Hariyama that limits Spikers influence and can still check Moltes alright. Anyway this is just nitpicking, its a really solid team from a really solid battler, gl Smurf :)
Hey man, thanks so much for the rate! :)

I'll definitely try out a Hariyama set, after seeing both Bluewind and Cleanup141 use it to success. So, that would bump P-Z down to slowbro's slot? The problem I see there is that I no longer have any para support for Rhyperior, which is pretty worrisome. In saying that I could probably kill three birds with one stone there and change Rhyperior to Rockblast/SR set.
I'll certainly give those changes a run, I've had quite a few spin-off creations with lopunny and stuff lol.

Looks like a very, very good team. I tend to forget who I've beaten and who I've lost to, although I can't recall ever losing to you with my sand team. Looking at this now though, I don't really see how I did o.o Your team has everything my team hates, and I'm sure that applies to many a team nowadays.

The only thing I can really see causing problems are... nevermind. I can't really see anything that would bug this team overly much, mostly because ScarfSol is such a beast. Swellow could be a problem if you are saving Rhyperior for late game, especially SubEndeavor variants of Swellow. (which only I use anyways, so eh.) There is also a small SubSceptile weakness, especially ones that run Leaf Storm and HP Ice or SubSD sets.

Good job :)
Hey kip thanks for the rate :)

I've faced a few sand-teams, but the distinctive names of your pokes don't really trigger any memory, so I guess we havnt had a chance to meet on the ladder. Swellow can be a rather annoying if I don't play it correctly, and personally I have never encountered the subendeavour variant. I guess the new Rhyperior set I'll test will reduce some of the danger sub sets pose. Once again, thanks for taking the time to rate, I'll be sure to return the favor.

Hey there:)
Excellent team you have...but have you considered running Pursuit on Absol? It pretty much guarantees you take out those pesky Psychics and Ghosts you switch into. What you choose to replace is up to you.
You also lack a single Ground resistanc, and powerful Ground-type sweepers such as RP Torterra and Rhyperior run all over your team if Slowbro is even slighty weakened, due to Wood Hammer and Megahorn respectively.
Hence I suggest replacing Slowbro with Cresselia. It can also utilize Thunder Wave, but gives you a much needed Ground immunity. You lose the useful part Water-type, but Cresselias bulkiness sort of makes up for it.

Hey IB :D

Thanks alot for rate! I definitely test out Pursuit, sounds a good way to stop the likes of moltres fleeing after Absol's scarf is blown. I can't really decide what to bumpto make room. I s'pose it comes down to SP or Punishment. I'm more inclined to bump Punishment, what do you think?.
I'm not too keen on Cress to be honest, I just can't bring myself to use it, but will endeavour to give it some match time. This will probably be an independent test.

I should've never tried to snipe your Venusaur! xP

Well, on to the rate, that's a great team, and I myself ran on the last stage one that looked a lot like it, being also based around SubPerior (which is underrated), thus I don't really have much to add other than the fact you could consider Pursuit on Absol. I do recognize that having fast priority has its uses, but it seems you'd benefit more from trapping pokés that can potentialy screw you up, like Moltres, that when noticing the scarf, will try to switch out, added to Ghost pokés, which will be taking a huge hit even if not switching out. It's also good to have something that can surely beat Alakazam, as once Absol is gone the only thing stopping it is a speed tie with your own Alakazam. Added to that, the threats against which SP helps can get around that (Torterra can just RP until you run out of PP and from there wreck havoc).

On another note, you could (and should) consider another lead. Porygon-Z is an awesome one, but lacking Rocks on a team that has a glaring weakness to Moltres is a big no-no.

Good Luck =)

Hey BW, thanks for the rate! :D

I will certainly test the suggestions both you and Ironbullet suggested. I think the suggestions the two of you and Stallion posted can be integrated in the one test team. The one point I'm still unclear on is which move to bump for pursuit. After reading your post, I'm pretty much 50/50 atm. I suppose only time will tell.

Once again, thanks for your rate!

EDIT: What lead would you suggest Bluewind, if not hariyama?

IronBullet

Astronomy Domine
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Pursuit over Punishment would be my choice..Sucker Punch is an asset even with the Scarf, especially against Rain.

One more thing I meant to post earilier but I had to go to school, although it looks like ib posted it:

RP Rhyperior and Torterra look like they'd be a nuisance since Rhyperior can 2HKO Slowbro with EQ + Megahorn if SR is up and it's holding Life Orb, and Torterra can do the same with EQ + Wood Hammer. They can then proceed to hit the rest of your team hard, although I don't know how much Absol's Sucker Punch does or if it outspeeds them after a RP.

I think Slowking is the pokemon you're looking for to cure your Moltres weakness since LO Moltres can just plow through Slowbro and paired with something like Technitop beats your entire team (theoretically). The same set can be used, with the EVs looking something like enough SpD to not be 2KOd by Moltres, then rest in Def.

franky

aka pimpdaddyfranky, aka frankydelaghetto, aka F, aka ef
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Sup Smurf,

solid team. This reminds me of Bluewinds previous team a bit with paralysis support aiding Rhyperior sweep. One thing is missing: Stealth Rock. It is really needed for this team. Your just not going to stand strong versus Moltres, especially sub versions. My suggestions are twofold: replace Porygon-Z for Uxie then replace Slowbro for Azumarill/Milotic or you could keep Porygon-Z then place Uxie in the lead slot. The first option is a bit more defensive and more safe while the latter adds more firepower to your team (if you truly wish to keep Pz). Uxie is a place for this, especially in the lead slot as it can really take care of Froslass leads with U-turn. It can also distribute early paralysis to the opponent if needed, thus helping Rhyperior sweep. Uxie also checks your number two threat: Torterra, or at least add an immunity to Ground-type hits. The Uxie set I had in mind was a 252 HP / 120 Def / 136 SpD one with a Bold nature with the movesets Thunder Wave / Stealth Rock / U-turn / Psychic. The EV spread provided allow you to actually take special hits, it has a nice mix defensive stat and I see no reason why people dump 252 EVs on one spectrum. This allows you to combat with Rain Dance teams and such. Everything has been explained except for SR and Psychic. Stealth Rock to help some of your guys sweep, and most importantly, deal with the dangerous Moltres. Psychic ensures uxie has an attacking move, and it can smack around some Fighting-types if needed. For Slowbro's replacement, Azumarill and Milotic should do fine. Although I lean towards Milotic a bit more to add a solid defensve to Rain Dance teams. Azumarill adds more offensive, it really depends on your flavor, extra priority as well.

Any reason why your not running Megahorn or even Pursuit over Sucker Punch? I think you could add in these if you plan to implement your changes. A lot of Sucker Punch's work revolve around hitting Moltres and Torterra for priority. Night Slash + Pursuit + Scarf is enough to keep the opponent second guessing. Megahorn is something I prefer for hitting Tangrowth solely, and hitting Spiritomb harder, but that's just personal prefence.

As for other options, Jolly nature on Absol maybe? to catch Swellow off guard with Night Slash. Swellow dismantles this team IF Rhyperior is gone, which is pretty easy since it is prone to Dugtrio's grasp. A Dugtrio + Swellow combo is very common so the possiblity of that happening is high. Jolly ensures you catch Swellow off guard. anyways, overall gl.

edit: placing my 5 stars on this.

Sup Smurf,

solid team. This reminds me of Bluewinds previous team a bit with paralysis support aiding Rhyperior sweep. One thing is missing: Stealth Rock. It is really needed for this team. Your just not going to stand strong versus Moltres, especially sub versions. My suggestions are twofold: replace Porygon-Z for Uxie then replace Slowbro for Azumarill/Milotic or you could keep Porygon-Z then place Uxie in the lead slot. The first option is a bit more defensive and more safe while the latter adds more firepower to your team (if you truly wish to keep Pz). Uxie is a place for this, especially in the lead slot as it can really take care of Froslass leads with U-turn. It can also distribute early paralysis to the opponent if needed, thus helping Rhyperior sweep. Uxie also checks your number two threat: Torterra, or at least add an immunity to Ground-type hits. The Uxie set I had in mind was a 252 HP / 120 Def / 136 SpD one with a Bold nature with the movesets Thunder Wave / Stealth Rock / U-turn / Psychic. The EV spread provided allow you to actually take special hits, it has a nice mix defensive stat and I see no reason why people dump 252 EVs on one spectrum. This allows you to combat with Rain Dance teams and such. Everything has been explained except for SR and Psychic. Stealth Rock to help some of your guys sweep, and most importantly, deal with the dangerous Moltres. Psychic ensures uxie has an attacking move, and it can smack around some Fighting-types if needed. For Slowbro's replacement, Azumarill and Milotic should do fine. Although I lean towards Milotic a bit more to add a solid defensve to Rain Dance teams. Azumarill adds more offensive, it really depends on your flavor, extra priority as well.

Hey Franky, :)

Cheers for the quality rate, you've certainly put a lot of effort in and I greatly appreciate it. Uxie definitely sounds like a neat little solution to at least check the major threats. I'll get on that ASAP. Another poke to handle rain would be a great, its probably the one playstyle the team falls prey to.

A tough call between Azumarill/Milotic/P-Z.. I think a lot of people have finally clued in to Anti-lead P-Z, so it's no longer the unstoppable force it was early on this round. I'll test it out in the last slot, maybe with a trick scarf set or something to cover Moltres and Swellow better. In saying that, I'd still like to keep a Grass/Water core, which has proved quite effective. This will probably require some extensive testing to find the best fit really.

Any reason why your not running Megahorn or even Pursuit over Sucker Punch? I think you could add in these if you plan to implement your changes. A lot of Sucker Punch's work revolve around hitting Moltres and Torterra for priority. Night Slash + Pursuit + Scarf is enough to keep the opponent second guessing. Megahorn is something I prefer for hitting Tangrowth solely, and hitting Spiritomb harder, but that's just personal prefence.

Sucker punch has saved me on quite a few occasions, namely when facing Sun/Rain or other priority attackes such as azumarill, scyther and such. Tangrowth and Tomb are not really an issue, so I just ran with it. Punishment probably will get replaced by Pursuit after some testing this morning.

As for other options, Jolly nature on Absol maybe? to catch Swellow off guard with Night Slash. Swellow dismantles this team IF Rhyperior is gone, which is pretty easy since it is prone to Dugtrio's grasp. A Dugtrio + Swellow combo is very common so the possiblity of that happening is high. Jolly ensures you catch Swellow off guard. anyways, overall gl.
I've debated this with Jamasha after one of our matches, and finally reached the conclusion that the extra power was more valuable than outspeeding a singular threat. Revenging Raikou and Moltres, who aren't as frail as one might think is of vital importance. Arcanine was used int his slot previously to combat the likes of Krowly and Gallade, but has become somewhat redundant.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to rate this so comprehensively. Hopefully we'll get together soon and start a new project.

Bluewind

GIVE EO WARSTORY
is a Top Contributor Alumnus
EDIT: What lead would you suggest Bluewind, if not hariyama?
Franky pretty much said it. I didn't recommend it at first as it would be basically copy pasting my team (we'd run the exact same pokés except for Absol over Krow and a variable Bulky Water), and I thought a different approach of Su(b)perior would be nice, but his suggestions work like a charm, so don't hesitate testing them.

UPDATE: 27/1 - Will update OP ASAP
Well some changes have been implemented and so far, so good. I opted not to go with a water type at the moment to differentiate this from Bluewind's own Su(b)perior team. Oh, and if anyone wants to try out this team please feel free to do so.

What are people's opinions of mk.III of this team? In making these changes have i left myself vulnerable to any other threats?

Pursuit > Punishment on Absol. (Thanks Ironbullet. & Bluewind)

Uxie > P-Z in the lead slot. (Thanks Franky)
Uxie @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP/120 Def/136 SDef
Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Thunder Wave
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn
- Psychic

Scarf P-Z > Slowbro

Porygonz @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 178 HP/80 Spd/252 SAtk
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Tri Attack
- Dark Pulse
- Trick
---

Smurf, congrats for the team,
I've only a small suggestion for now, you should change Porygon evs and nature:

Porygonz @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 176 HP/172 Spd/160 SAtk
Modest nature (+SpA, -Atk)
- Tri Attack
- Dark Pulse
- Trick

Final stats are:
355 Hp (same as before)
388 Speed (same as before)
380 SpA (11 more SpA points)

That should do it, unless you want to invest those spare gained evs in more defence or Hp Points.

@ Negator:

Cheers for that spread! Those extra SpA points can certainly make the difference in clutch situations.

Nas

Banned deucer.
Hey Smurf.

I don't think I've ever played this team, but judging by the success you've had with it I can say it's really good. However, there are a few small things you could try changing. First of all, I'd bump up Rhyperior's speed EVs to 168, which allows you to outspeed Clefable. This is important so that Clefable can't just switch in on a predicted Substitute and Encore it in your face, instead you can nail it with Earthquake for a 2HKO.

I also want to suggest recovery on Venusaur. Venu seems to be your only switch in to bulky waters, and since you lack recovery you'll find that he dies too quickly. Swords Dance/Power Whip/Earthquake/Synthesis and Sleep Powder/Power Whip/Earthquake/Synthesis are both great sets that I've used personally to great success. On the first set I'd recommend Leftovers but on the second set you can run Life Orb.

Lastly, I don't really see the point of Hidden Power Fighting on Porygon-Z. The only use I can see for it would be to hit Registeel and Regirock, but aren't they better served as set up bait for Rhyperior? I'd suggest Thunderbolt as a reliable way to deal with bulky waters, as Milotic can be difficult to take down if Venusaur is dead or paralysed. However, if you're stuck on Hidden Power, at least go for Hidden Power Ground, which still hits Steelix, Regirock, Registeel, and Aggron foe SE damage, but it also hits stuff like Raikou and Drapion.

Overall good team. :)

What does your hit-list mean, and what is the significance of the colors assigned to people?
(also, why am I on it? o_O)

Hey Smurf.

I don't think I've ever played this team, but judging by the success you've had with it I can say it's really good. However, there are a few small things you could try changing. First of all, I'd bump up Rhyperior's speed EVs to 168, which allows you to outspeed Clefable. This is important so that Clefable can't just switch in on a predicted Substitute and Encore it in your face, instead you can nail it with Earthquake for a 2HKO.

I also want to suggest recovery on Venusaur. Venu seems to be your only switch in to bulky waters, and since you lack recovery you'll find that he dies too quickly. Swords Dance/Power Whip/Earthquake/Synthesis and Sleep Powder/Power Whip/Earthquake/Synthesis are both great sets that I've used personally to great success. On the first set I'd recommend Leftovers but on the second set you can run Life Orb.

Lastly, I don't really see the point of Hidden Power Fighting on Porygon-Z. The only use I can see for it would be to hit Registeel and Regirock, but aren't they better served as set up bait for Rhyperior? I'd suggest Thunderbolt as a reliable way to deal with bulky waters, as Milotic can be difficult to take down if Venusaur is dead or paralysed. However, if you're stuck on Hidden Power, at least go for Hidden Power Ground, which still hits Steelix, Regirock, Registeel, and Aggron foe SE damage, but it also hits stuff like Raikou and Drapion.

Overall good team. :)

Hey RT. cheers for the rate. :)

Yeah, i've been meaning to change those EVs on rhyperior for a while now, but never got around to it. Coincidentally you posted the same day i lost to krack (where encore was really frustrating lol), so i'll get that done asap.

Recovery would be a welcome addition on Venusaur as entry hazards and LO recoil wears it down pretty fast. Really a case of four move syndrome, but i'll certainly test both sets you posted extensively.

Thanks again for the quality rate!

What does your hit-list mean, and what is the significance of the colors assigned to people?
(also, why am I on it? o_O)
Hey phil,

When I built this team (and starting in UU), I put together a list of prolific players who I'd like to test myself and this team against. So, you're on it because you're one of the best! It's by no means an exhaustive list, as I somehow managed to miss RT., but i'll add more names later.

Faded names are ones that this team has defeated on the ladder.
Red denotes elusive players I havn't had the opportunity to face yet.
Blue denotes giant players who I've faced but couldnt topple.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)