Resource SS OU DLC2 Viability Ranking Thread [SEE: Page 105, Post 2618]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jakerocks73

Banned deucer.
Mandibuzz should go from whatever it is right now to A at least. Mandibuzz hard walls kartana, beats bisharp (without flinch), beats dragonite (without freeze), beats most lando-T sets, beats garchomp, it beats defensive t-tar, excadrill. Even when mandibuz has a terrible matchup it always does something for me. You can pair mandibuzz with aromatherapy because a lot of the times my mandi dies is to me letting it get toxiced. In the last 6 months in about 97% of my games, I used mandibuzz. It is laughable that mandibuzz is so low when it beats tons of A rank threats and A- ranks threats, as well as the top pokemon lando-t. You guys can roast all of Omari p's other sets, like sash nidoking and av victini, even though those are both excellent sets (av victini is better), but you can not go after mandibuzz. I have used this thing in ubers and it puts in just as much work as yveltal, so this is an easy A rank.

View attachment 416377

mandibuzz c+ is crazy. seems like people either dont know how to play it or have a vast misunderstanding of what it can do. mandibuzz not even comparable to filth like "zarude" and "dracozolt" so putting it in the same tier is wrong here. first off mandibuzz beats all the top hitters. landorus / chomp / rillaboom / dragonite all cooked by foul play. mandibuzz has nascar speed too at base 80 those roosts come easy. beats scarfkart, non band urshifu, takes on zeraora at +1 very comfy, in general no move ohkoes this shit so who cares. its just like landorus where if you dont ohko it youre fucked its going to do a lot in the game by removing hazards / roosting / checking your mon with foul play. This post is kind of a stream of consciousness but someone has to bring mandibuzz back up for reranking because it is not worse than reuniclus and tapu bulu. it will always be a very strong glue that can remove hazards and handle some threats in a pinch. I always feel like its the same shit as using landorus-t which is why im surprised so many people hate it. It takes 0 skill to use and gives a big payoff. isnt that what noobs want?

Mandibuzz (F) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 248 HP / 108 Def / 152 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 23 Spe
- Foul Play
- U-turn
- Roost
- Defog

I ONLY use this I have no idea why its speed is nuked, not sure what we're trying to outslow, maybe someone who uses this set can enlighten. maybe storm zone eved it
Agency Agency

7BE26B92-07F2-4AF6-AE31-9896E8C74F8A.png

The “Mandi bad” stigma is just OU chat propaganda and overly exaggerated. Its not a bad mon at all and C+ doesn’t reflect its actual viability imo. Its better than Blaziken and Rachi are rn, and you can’t tell me with a straight face that it is on the same level as Cress. Seriously tho, when was the last time you have seen TR do anything in high ladder or tours?

It isn’t splashable and it’s faces heavy competition with Torn and Zap as a defogger/defensive flying. Regen for Torn means losing Boots isn’t the end of the world and Knock means it can constantly force progress. Zap’s naturally high SpA makes it not a passive piece of shit and Static punishs U-Turn, non-Pads Shifu, and Kart. The threat of Static and Knock from either of these two gives them more utility outside of Defog. Mandi (and to an extent Corv) is passive outside of Foul Play vs physical powerhouses. It also could not afford to run any other potential utility moves like Knock, Toxic, Taunt, or Whirlwind. If it drops Foul Play it becomes a sitting buzzard against the physical threats it is meant to check, and if it forgo’s U-Turn, you lose crucial momentum. Losing Boots is a huge problem for it considering it loses to every common rocker in OU and it is usually the team’s Kart check, which means this happens.

252 SpA Choice Specs Dragapult Draco Meteor over 2 turns vs. 248 HP / 152 SpD Mandibuzz: 355-421 (83.9 - 99.5%) -- guaranteed KO in 2 turns after Stealth Rock

With all that being said, it fits on specific Balance/Fat builds that are in need of a defogger as well as a check to Chomp, Pult, Blace, and Kart. So I believe its role compression gives it a decent enough niche to deserve a raise up to B-.

Side note: Mandi does not check Dnite or SD Lando.

+2 252+ Atk Landorus-Therian Stone Edge vs. 248 HP / 108+ Def Mandibuzz: 408-482 (96.4 - 113.9%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO

+1 252 Atk Dragonite Ice Punch vs. 248 HP / 108+ Def Mandibuzz: 198-234 (46.8 - 55.3%) -- 68.8% chance to 2HKO

+1 252 Atk Mandibuzz Foul Play vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Multiscale Dragonite: 124-147 (38.3 - 45.5%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

Pls unrank the TR mons and put Krook in C-

Jakerocks73

Banned deucer.
Agency Agency

View attachment 416396

The “Mandi bad” stigma is just OU chat propaganda and overly exaggerated. Its not a bad mon at all and C+ doesn’t reflect its actual viability imo. Its better than Blaziken and Rachi are rn, and you can’t tell me with a straight face that it is on the same level as Cress. Seriously tho, when was the last time you have seen TR do anything in high ladder or tours?

It isn’t splashable and it’s faces heavy competition with Torn and Zap as a defogger/defensive flying. Regen for Torn means losing Boots isn’t the end of the world and Knock means it can constantly force progress. Zap’s naturally high SpA makes it not a passive piece of shit and Static punishs U-Turn, non-Pads Shifu, and Kart. The threat of Static and Knock from either of these two gives them more utility outside of Defog. Mandi (and to an extent Corv) is passive outside of Foul Play vs physical powerhouses. It also could not afford to run any other potential utility moves like Knock, Toxic, Taunt, or Whirlwind. If it drops Foul Play it becomes a sitting buzzard against the physical threats it is meant to check, and if it forgo’s U-Turn, you lose crucial momentum. Losing Boots is a huge problem for it considering it loses to every common rocker in OU and it is usually the team’s Kart check, which means this happens.

252 SpA Choice Specs Dragapult Draco Meteor over 2 turns vs. 248 HP / 152 SpD Mandibuzz: 355-421 (83.9 - 99.5%) -- guaranteed KO in 2 turns after Stealth Rock

With all that being said, it fits on specific Balance/Fat builds that are in need of a defogger as well as a check to Chomp, Pult, Blace, and Kart. So I believe its role compression gives it a decent enough niche to deserve a raise up to B-.

+2 252+ Atk Landorus-Therian Stone Edge vs. 248 HP / 108+ Def Mandibuzz: 408-482 (96.4 - 113.9%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO

+1 252 Atk Dragonite Ice Punch vs. 248 HP / 108+ Def Mandibuzz: 198-234 (46.8 - 55.3%) -- 68.8% chance to 2HKO

+1 252 Atk Mandibuzz Foul Play vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Multiscale Dragonite: 124-147 (38.3 - 45.5%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

just run max def mandi it checks dragonite and lando ez then and rocky helmet removes dragonite multiscale

Honestly, what really warrents Mandibuzz over Corviknight?
You can switch freely from Magnezone, checks Dragapult and Kartana a bit better, STAB Foul Play can punish certain Pokemon better, and is immune to Future Sight, but what else?
Not much else, which is why it’s fine where it is.

You can switch freely from Magnezone, checks Dragapult and Kartana a bit better, STAB Foul Play can punish certain Pokemon better, and is immune to Future Sight, but what else?
Nothing. That is why it’s B-. Maybe if Surshifu was still legal but idt magnezone. is that big a deal lol

this is a non sequitur. How does me pointing out that dragapult in A+ is a better offensive ghost than gengar in C affect the ranking of gengar, besides the fact that dragapult should be higher by at least one subrank than gengar? Mons are ranked on their own merit and how they fit in the metagame, not ranked because of their interactions with a single mon.

BT89

go on, take everything
is a Pre-Contributor
The fact that Mandibuzz isn't at the very least A tier is an absolute joke.

Hilarious that back in 2014-2016, people were considering Mandibuzz as a A/B tier pokemon and now it's somehow C tier below BLAZIKEN. Tells me that the bottom of this tier list is a joke.

I've used Mandibuzz for over 1500 games and have reached 1600 ELO while beating plenty of 1650+ ELO people in the past. The fact that it's not taken seriously is hilarious.

Defog, ability to switch onto Gengar, takes not very effective damage from GHOST (best typing in the game), combination of Roost/U-Turn, etc.

The fact that it's below something like Blaziken is even more of a joke.

OK, but in all seriousness, Mandibuzz is fine where it is. I feel like the argument for it is that it “checks” a lot of stuff. However, all of the things that check it can overwhelm it with constant pressure, in tandem with prior chip. The biggest issue with Mandibuzz, honestly, is the fact that it is the Defogger that is most overwhelmed by Knock Off. While Corviknight and Tornadus-T can function fine without Boots, Mandibuzz is somewhat reliant on them. This makes it less sturdy of a switch in against, say, Kartana or other Knock Off users.

Mandibuzz definitely has a place in the metagame, and it’s certainly strong on bulkier teams, which are becoming great right now, but it’s flawed enough to the point where C+ is fair.

(sorry if this explanation sucks i wrote this in 2 minutes)

Last edited:
this is a non sequitur. How does me pointing out that dragapult in A+ is a better offensive ghost than gengar in C affect the ranking of gengar, besides the fact that dragapult should be higher by at least one subrank than gengar? Mons are ranked on their own merit and how they fit in the metagame, not ranked because of their interactions with a single mon.
If you didn’t account for other Pokemon, then the viability rankings would be bloated with “Well it’s outclassed by much better Pokemon but it’s good if it wasn’t outclassed”, especially when it comes to Pokemon who share similar roles. With Gengar and Dragapult, who both have every different roles, using 1 means you really shouldn’t use the other. You only get to use 6 Pokemon on a team, and if your team wants a fast special attacking Ghost type, more often you’ll choose Dragapult since its attributes fit better than Gengar on most teams. Gengar still is ranked instead of being unranked because it has things setting it apart from Dragapult and Blacephalon like Nasty Plot or Sludge Bomb.
Similarly, Corviknight fits on more teams and does its job better than Mandibuzz in most scenarios. You can technically run both, but that means you filled your team with 2 similar Pokemon. Defensive Pokemon I might also add, as doubling up on defensive Pokemon isn’t as good as doubling up on 2 similar offensive Pokemon, where 1 weakens the common switch ins of the other.

The fact that Mandibuzz isn't at the very least A tier is an absolute joke.

Hilarious that back in 2014-2016, people were considering Mandibuzz as a A/B tier pokemon and now it's somehow C tier below BLAZIKEN. Tells me that the bottom of this tier list is a joke.

I've used Mandibuzz for over 1500 games and have reached 1600 ELO while beating plenty of 1650+ ELO people in the past. The fact that it's not taken seriously is hilarious.

Defog, ability to switch onto Gengar, takes not very effective damage from GHOST (best typing in the game), combination of Roost/U-Turn, etc.

The fact that it's below something like Blaziken is even more of a joke.

OK, but in all seriousness, Mandibuzz is fine where it is. I feel like the argument for it is that it “checks” a lot of stuff. However, all of the things that check it can overwhelm it with constant pressure, in tandem with prior chip. The biggest issue with Mandibuzz, honestly, is the fact that it is the Defogger that is most overwhelmed by Knock Off. While Corviknight and Tornadus-T can function fine without Boots, Mandibuzz is somewhat reliant on them. This makes it less sturdy of a switch in against, say, Kartana or other Knock Off users.

Mandibuzz definitely has a place in the metagame, and it’s certainly strong on bulkier teams, which are becoming great right now, but it’s flawed enough to the point where C+ is fair.

(sorry if this explanation sucks i wrote this in 2 minutes)
basedthru dont be based challenge (literally impossible)

In all fairness mandi is completely fine where it is (and this is coming from the guy who spams sun, a teamstyle where it fits really well). Its biggest problem is that it tries to do many things at once but struggles to do all of them. Heatran and Toxic Lando are both very good rockers it has a poor matchup against, most of the things it checks can overwhelm it, and it suffers from a horrible 4mss where it wants all of foul play knock u-turn roost defog and toxic at the same time. It does fit onto some teams that need a defogger that answers pult, but most of the time if you need a defogger that answers grass mons you're slotting torn or corv onto your team.
That being said, I do agree that most of the stuff in C+ is downright horrible and should not be in the same tier as it is, but thats more of a consequence of the lower ranks being flawed in general.

So I know that this is a strange nom, especially for a mon with just about 0 usage (My single team with it is practically the only team I've seen it on), but thundurus-incarnate to C-. This mon has two niche sets that can function on hyper offensive teams. It acts as a defiant mon that can threaten bulky regen waters when unboosted with its electric stab, offers knock off, taunt, and has a very nice speed tier above blacephalon, kartana, the latis, gengar, and tornadus-t which often hits 352 to creep those aforementioned mons. As a prankster mon, it has a priority taunt and thunder wave as team support and decent neutral coverage in thunderbolt + grass knot. Sure, it's specific in what it does, and is generally outclassed by other mons, but it does have some unique qualities that I believe warrant a ranking of at least C-.

You can't say mons are ranked based on how they fit in the metagame and then complain when people compare them to the metagame. Dragapult being better as a Spatk ghost DOES affect gengar's usage. Gengar is C because it doesn't do it's job very well compared to competition. Similar to how mandi doesn't do much very well. B- is an overstatement, actually.

If you didn’t account for other Pokemon, then the viability rankings would be bloated with “Well it’s outclassed by much better Pokemon but it’s good if it wasn’t outclassed”, especially when it comes to Pokemon who share similar roles. With Gengar and Dragapult, who both have every different roles, using 1 means you really shouldn’t use the other. You only get to use 6 Pokemon on a team, and if your team wants a fast special attacking Ghost type, more often you’ll choose Dragapult since its attributes fit better than Gengar on most teams. Gengar still is ranked instead of being unranked because it has things setting it apart from Dragapult and Blacephalon like Nasty Plot or Sludge Bomb.
Similarly, Corviknight fits on more teams and does its job better than Mandibuzz in most scenarios. You can technically run both, but that means you filled your team with 2 similar Pokemon. Defensive Pokemon I might also add, as doubling up on defensive Pokemon isn’t as good as doubling up on 2 similar offensive Pokemon, where 1 weakens the common switch ins of the other.
mb fam, was pissy at other stuff so i skimmed the second line in your post and made a dumb take. ofc i know how to use viability rankings after being here so long but good explanation anyways. only read the "corviknight is better than mandibuzz" which is what i was responding to but the second sentence from your original post was exactly what i was complaining about not being there so boneheaded take.

Thunder Pwoell

Banned deucer.
id like to apologize for my previous take, ive done some reflection and realized the error of evil ways. i had to contact some tinder girl that i trust with every ounce of my being and they agreed with you that i need to move out of the basement and get a job the pays better money. furthermore, mandibuzz is the greatest mon to grace this tier and ill now use it on every team. thank you my saviour, i hope you can give me your almighty forgiveness and excuse my past sins. amen.
View attachment 416256

:mandibuzz: s -> s+
much like sm p-don, mandibuzz is required on almost every ou team. any team not using mandibuzz greatly suffers due to its ability to blanket check a vast majority of the tier and is the strongest role compression we have ever seen in ous history. it can use a variety of offensive and defensive sets, making it viable on every playstyle. its ability to defeat defensive checks such as clef and tapu fini by simply toxicing and roost spamming is unmatched, or beating its offensive checks like tapu koko by OHKOing with foul play makes it a clear contender for s+. its simply better than everything else in S and S-.

:yveltal: :tornadus-therian: :landorus-therian: :zapdos: :zapdos-galar: :corviknight: :pelipper: :dragonite: -> UR
flat out bad, they see no tour play, outclassed by mandibuzz in every way

:vullaby: ur -> a
mandi family spam teams are on the rise, seeing a ton of spl play. if one mandi is so good, why not two? recently tier shifted from LC -> OU with the april shifts and its a clear contender for a rank atm but might be better. its the breakout star of SPL for reason, coming off of no usage to top 10 in such a short period.

:weavile: :bisharp: :tyranitar: -> somewhere lower
viability of these certainly have dropped due to mandi being every teams dark type and type clause unless youre in the mandi family being in effect, but im not sold on unranking them quite yet. only time can tell but they certainly are not as good as mandibuzz or vullaby.

:zamazenta-crowned: :necrozma-dawn-wings: -> bring down from ubers
we should test these because they are countered hard by mandi and vullaby
Agency Agency

View attachment 416396

I run phys def buzz. the good ppl do. no one told u to calc for a bad set. this is what's wrong with you mofos lol, arguing with shit u made up

Last edited:

ausma

token smogon furry
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Top Artistis a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
OU Forum Leader
I appreciate the enthusiasm for Mandibuzz, but let's try to keep one-liners to a minimum. If you have an argument you want to make, either for or against it, substantiate your stance or rebuttal by either addressing more counterpoints, elaborating on interactions, or adding replays. This doesn't just go for Mandibuzz, but in general for any Pokemon you would like to argue a placement for.

I'll be deleting one-liners going forward; thanks for your understanding!

I made a Nom for rising Mandibuzz before. I completely agree on it not being as low as C+. It has some valuable things going for it, like a ghost resist, Foul play on setup sweepers, Defog. It has some things setting it apart from Zapdos or Tornadus. Your team could be weak to ghosts for example, but you still want a defogger and a Kartana answer, use Mandibuzz. Zapdos and Tornadus don't provide in this regard as well. You need a defogger that isn't trapped by Magnezone, but still walls Kartana, ok use Mandibuzz. I feel Mandibuzz has more than people give it credit for, and it's not simply just "worse Tornadus". While yes steep competition does hinder it, you can't let that outway the strengths it has, and things it does better than other common flying types.[/COLOR]

Jakerocks73

Banned deucer.
Ok, first off that's a bunch of stuff going for it. Secondly, Corviknight can't learn toxic and just lets everything set up for free on it. The only thing better about corviknight is its amazing typing. However, when your opponent has Magnezone you can never bring it in safely, unless you are using shed shell. Corviknight can pull of a shed shell, but it is much better with a rockly helmet or leftovers. I don't know why so many people use corviknight it's kind shit to be honest. The only thin corviknight can do is punish fighting/ flying weak pokemon, and pivoting. Mandibuzz is twice as good as corviknight and anyone who says otherwise is wrong. Every person who I think is actually good at this game also thinks mandibuzz is good, like Storm zone, Blunder, and Omari. Give mandibuzz A.

Ok, first off that's a bunch of stuff going for it. Secondly, Corviknight can't learn toxic and just lets everything set up for free on it. The only thing better about corviknight is its amazing typing. However, when your opponent has Magnezone you can never bring it in safely, unless you are using shed shell. Corviknight can pull of a shed shell, but it is much better with a rockly helmet or leftovers. I don't know why so many people use corviknight it's kind shit to be honest. The only thin corviknight can do is punish fighting/ flying weak pokemon, and pivoting. Mandibuzz is twice as good as corviknight and anyone who says otherwise is wrong. Every person who I think is actually good at this game also thinks mandibuzz is good, like Storm zone, Blunder, and Omari. Give mandibuzz A.
I dont think you know how viability works, right? what about all the other people who are good at this game, the majority don't use mandibuzz, do they not matter all of a sudden?

Anyways a bunch of these statements are pretty flawed since it's assuming that Mandibuzz uses toxic, which it can't since it runs Foul Play, U-Turn, Roost and Defog, none of these moves are droppable in the slightest, and corviknight actually has a much better matchup versus stuff like Dragonite, thanks to it not losing to Dragon Dance + Ice Punch (counting the actually used set that isnt restricted to a fringe place on ladder, just a fringe place in the metagame as a whole), it can check Melmetal better, it has better matchups versus most defoggers and it isnt as vulnerable to Knock Off, which makes it a much better defogger.

And like, A is far too big of a jump for the lack of legitimate usage, which is important regardless of what ur alt account says, and how it has weak matchups vs most rockers that can somehow punish it most of the time, working in limited applications and needing heavy support to do its job. It mainly works as a backup check to ghosts + a check sd/dd dragons in balances, which corviknight + weavile can do anyways and there you have a better defogger paired with an amazing tool that works for borderline everything. Please reasess your statements before coming here pretending to be another guy that definitely isn't Omari P, thank you.

Jakerocks73

Banned deucer.
I dont think you know how viability works, right? what about all the other people who are good at this game, the majority don't use mandibuzz, do they not matter all of a sudden?

Anyways a bunch of these statements are pretty flawed since it's assuming that Mandibuzz uses toxic, which it can't since it runs Foul Play, U-Turn, Roost and Defog, none of these moves are droppable in the slightest, and corviknight actually has a much better matchup versus stuff like Dragonite, thanks to it not losing to Dragon Dance + Ice Punch (counting the actually used set that isnt restricted to a fringe place on ladder, just a fringe place in the metagame as a whole), it can check Melmetal better, it has better matchups versus most defoggers and it isnt as vulnerable to Knock Off, which makes it a much better defogger.

And like, A is far too big of a jump for the lack of legitimate usage, which is important regardless of what ur alt account says, and how it has weak matchups vs most rockers that can somehow punish it most of the time, working in limited applications and needing heavy support to do its job. It mainly works as a backup check to ghosts + a check sd/dd dragons in balances, which corviknight + weavile can do anyways and there you have a better defogger paired with an amazing tool that works for borderline everything. Please reasess your statements before coming here pretending to be another guy that definitely isn't Omari P, thank you.
Ok, first yes those people's opinions do not matter. Secondly, corviknight has no way to punish dragonite, dragonite just spams dd on it and a lot of dragonites run fire punch. Mandibuzz actually counters dragonite with foul play, it takes like 40 from a +1 ice punch and ohko back if you are rocky helmet. Mandibuzz only loses to melmetal if it is banded or gets frozen, though corviknight does have a better matchup. Mandibuzz is not vulnerable to knockoff idk what ur on lmao. HDB is hella overused, it's a good item but there is better stuff. You never even addressed the magnezone argument, which is a very common pokemon. And I don't even know what you are saying for your last statement, do you think I am Omari P????

The Mandibuzz rise was an April Fool’s joke. We will vote on it next slate anyway since people seem to care about it quite a bit, but going to ask for discussion on it to die down so we can return to discussion on..anything else but Mandibuzz
Here is the thing, I do not care about viability rankings for anything except mandibuzz because mandibuzz is one of the most versatile and strong mons in OU and it is outrageous that mandibuzz being good is an April fools joke. But, if you want something else here you go; Tapu koko and Tapu fini should be B. I don't have that much to say about these 2 pokemon, except they just aren't very strong. Koko has 95 special attack with meh coverage so like why? And Tapu fini is extremely meh as well, so if anyone has a good reason why these 2 are A tell me.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mimikyu Stardust

Loli Kami Requiem~☆
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
UPL Champion
Ok, first yes those people's opinions do not matter. Secondly, corviknight has no way to punish dragonite, dragonite just spams dd on it and a lot of dragonites run fire punch. Mandibuzz actually counters dragonite with foul play, it takes like 40 from a +1 ice punch and ohko back if you are rocky helmet. Mandibuzz only loses to melmetal if it is banded or gets frozen, though corviknight does have a better matchup. Mandibuzz is not vulnerable to knockoff idk what ur on lmao. HDB is hella overused, it's a good item but there is better stuff. You never even addressed the magnezone argument, which is a very common pokemon. And I don't even know what you are saying for your last statement, do you think I am Omari P????
this is going to be my last mandibuzz post and i actually want to nom something.

But your argument is just flawed, i like mandibuzz a lot, i think it should rise but underrated but what youre saying is heavy straw-manning.
Corviknight can run brave bird to beat dragonite but those who doesnt usually runs u-turn and revenge killer like scarf lele or weavile which destroys it, also fire punch dragonite? thats no where a standard pick as it is much less consistent than ice punch, earthquake, dual wingbeat or even extreme speed.

"it only loses to melmetal"

Not it doesnt? i assume you meant ONLY physical mon, but there are things like urshifu, zeraora, buzzwole, arctozolt, tyranitar and even terrakion. So youre extremely over-rating it. The Boots thing is less prevalent on heavy offensive teams which Omari P (and i assume you as well) runs, but not everyone likes those style of teams and people like to have 2-3 defensive back bone 2-3 offensive back bone and some utility aka Balance or even bulky offense, so saying "its not weak to rocks/knock" when 2/3 people runs boots and 1/3 runs helmet is a bit selfish to say, its like me saying "slowking galar beats lando-t because i run the physdef trick set unlike the other people who runs spdef"

also to your previous post, yes it is nice that mandibuzz beats those mons but all of the things you mentioned. Corv beats as well.

to top it off.

Here is the thing, I do not care about viability rankings for anything except mandibuzz because mandibuzz is one of the most versatile and strong mons in OU and it is outrageous that mandibuzz being good is an April fools joke. But, if you want something else here you go; Tapu koko and Tapu fini should be B. I don't have that much to say about these 2 pokemon, except they just aren't very strong. Koko has 95 special attack with meh coverage so like why? And Tapu fini is extremely meh as well, so if anyone has a good reason why these 2 are A tell me.
Then why are you posting on VR Thread if you DONT CARE about the VR?? like bro do you know what the thread is for??? also tapu koko has utility, taunt, speed, pivot etc.

and tapu fini has insane bulk and potential to calm mind mind sweep while also being able to trap, hell even Omari uses it and respect it.

i get mandibuzz is hella underrated but you make it seem like its a gift among gods, a magearna in the dust when it really isnt, its good, but youre spewing out nonsense at this point

Jakerocks73

Banned deucer.
this is going to be my last mandibuzz post and i actually want to nom something.

But your argument is just flawed, i like mandibuzz a lot, i think it should rise but underrated but what youre saying is heavy straw-manning.
Corviknight can run brave bird to beat dragonite but those who doesnt usually runs u-turn and revenge killer like scarf lele or weavile which destroys it, also fire punch dragonite? thats no where a standard pick as it is much less consistent than ice punch, earthquake, dual wingbeat or even extreme speed.

"it only loses to melmetal"

Not it doesnt? i assume you meant ONLY physical mon, but there are things like urshifu, zeraora, buzzwole, arctozolt, tyranitar and even terrakion. So youre extremely over-rating it. The Boots thing is less prevalent on heavy offensive teams which Omari P (and i assume you as well) runs, but not everyone likes those style of teams and people like to have 2-3 defensive back bone 2-3 offensive back bone and some utility aka Balance or even bulky offense, so saying "its not weak to rocks/knock" when 2/3 people runs boots and 1/3 runs helmet is a bit selfish to say, its like me saying "slowking galar beats lando-t because i run the physdef trick set unlike the other people who runs spdef"

also to your previous post, yes it is nice that mandibuzz beats those mons but all of the things you mentioned. Corv beats as well.

to top it off.

Then why are you posting on VR Thread if you DONT CARE about the VR?? like bro do you know what the thread is for??? also tapu koko has utility, taunt, speed, pivot etc.

and tapu fini has insane bulk and potential to calm mind mind sweep while also being able to trap, hell even Omari uses it and respect it.

i get mandibuzz is hella underrated but you make it seem like its a gift among gods, a magearna in the dust when it really isnt, its good, but youre spewing out nonsense at this point
Ok lets see, I said mandibuzz only loses to CB memetal sets, I did not mean the only pokemon it loses to, which should be obvious but whatever. I guess corviknight can u-turn into things to revenge kill but I would say it is less consistent than mandibuzz against most things because if they are able to get a double dd against a scarf lele you are kinda screwed. Additionally, if they are running dd dragapult CB weavile doesn't even kill and lele gets outsped. Corviknight really doesn't defeat a lot of things, it's not like it has better stats than mandibuzz and has no way to really punish set up sweepers. You say it is selfish to assume people run helmet buzz and they may be true, but I think it is the best set, and isn't the whole point of this to talk about the best sets of the pokemon? Otherwise, I could just say lando is garbage because I run rock smash, snore, strength, and round. I assume because no one has addressed my claim that you can never bring corviknight in safely if they have a magnezone, this is a valid flaw of the pokemon. It is true that I don't really care about VR but it is pretty fun to argue for mandibuzz. I never said tapu koko and tapu fini are bad, I just think they are overrated. And to your last point, it is a gift among gods.

jakerocks73fan

Banned deucer.
Ok lets see, I said mandibuzz only loses to CB memetal sets, I did not mean the only pokemon it loses to, which should be obvious but whatever. I guess corviknight can u-turn into things to revenge kill but I would say it is less consistent than mandibuzz against most things because if they are able to get a double dd against a scarf lele you are kinda screwed. Additionally, if they are running dd dragapult CB weavile doesn't even kill and lele gets outsped. Corviknight really doesn't defeat a lot of things, it's not like it has better stats than mandibuzz and has no way to really punish set up sweepers. You say it is selfish to assume people run helmet buzz and they may be true, but I think it is the best set, and isn't the whole point of this to talk about the best sets of the pokemon? Otherwise, I could just say lando is garbage because I run rock smash, snore, strength, and round. I assume because no one has addressed my claim that you can never bring corviknight in safely if they have a magnezone, this is a valid flaw of the pokemon. It is true that I don't really care about VR but it is pretty fun to argue for mandibuzz. I never said tapu koko and tapu fini are bad, I just think they are overrated. And to your last point, it is a gift among gods.
You forgot about Mandibuzz with Mean Look, Taunt, Knock Off, and Rest. These moves are really good for killing Toxapex (super annoying and toxic) and Blissey (also super annoying and toxic) as well as stuff like slowbro, slowking, tapu fini (with bad moves). This is really good with rain teams because that stuff counters water attacks.

BT89

go on, take everything
is a Pre-Contributor
my second/last post about Midibuzz

Mandibuzz loses to more than CB Melmetal though, ToxTect and even AV Melm can overwhelm it, it is still taking at least 40 from Double Iron Bash even at max Defense (which is actually barely more common than max SpDef). Plus, ToxTect just clicks Toxic and all of a sudden Mandibuzz has lost any sort of use throughout the rest of the game.

116 Atk Iron Fist Melmetal Double Iron Bash (2 hits) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Mandibuzz: 162-192 (38.2 - 45.2%) -- approx. 3HKO
252+ Atk Iron Fist Melmetal Double Iron Bash (2 hits) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Mandibuzz: 194-230 (45.7 - 54.2%) -- approx. 50.8% chance to 2HKO

You say Corviknight doesn't beat a lot of things, but what does Mandibuzz beat reliably? Everything it can beat has a way around it, whether it be alternative coverage options, Knock Off, any status, etc. Rocky Helmet Mandibuzz barely sees any usage at any point in the ladder, and considering that a Mandibuzz that takes damage from hazards is completely deadweight (even more easily overwhelmed), Heavy Duty Boots are usually just better. Speaking of overwhelmed, that is honestly Mandibuzz's biggest issue - it is usually relegated to spamming Roost because it is constantly vulnerable to being overwhelmed. This makes it extremely passive and exploitable by the plethora of the metagame, meaning it can only operate as a blanket check, not actually being able to beat much of anything in the long run. These flaws are very major in a metagame where you want your defensive Pokemon to actually be able to check/counter something with reliability, and it is definitely enough to keep Mandibuzz out of the B-ranks in my eyes.

TL;DR - Mandibuzz is not very good, and should thus stay in the C-ranks, which definitely need reorganization, but that's for another post.

Also the Tapu Koko and Tapu Fini shit is 100% a troll and makes me question your validity.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To make this post not just a Mandibuzz hate post, I'll make a legitimate nomination.

:ss/regieleki:

C+ -> B-

I feel like at this point, Regieleki has definitely proven itself worthy of entering the B-ranks. Its role on hazard stack offense is pretty well-defined as of now, what with the not-so-recent uptick of Zapdos-G usage in the meta, ability to effectively lure Landorus-T for other teammates to abuse, the crucial guaranteed Spin, etc. It can even act as a decent cleaner in the late game due to its horrific Electric-STAB (once Grounds are removed bla bla bla). It is definitely flawed, its offensive potential is completely dependent on the status of the opponent's Ground-type, and if the opponent has a Dragapult, it can actually be pretty annoying to get through, but its upsides are definitely worth the rise to B-.

Also I might do a post on making the C-ranks better sometime soon :v4:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)