Metagame [SPOILERS] Scarlet & Violet OU Discussion [BAN LIST POST 626]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the revival move is more broken on paper than in practice but we'll see when the metagame actually starts.

Rabsca is a shit mon tbh... actually literal too lol. It definitely isn't going to be broken because of revival blessing, it has too many flaws holding it back and the teams it would function on (trick room) are already niche playstyles that are hard to pull off. If you're trying to run it on HO it isn't going to do much (hypothetically you bring it on a stall mon and revive a wall breaker to deal it when you could just... run a 6th wall breaker instead of 5+ a support that brings back one.) while said trick room teams already feel niche as is so the buff if it proves pretty good on them should be more welcoming. We also have to keep in mind revival blessing only brings mons to 50%, which gives very little setup opportunities, it seems more broken to revive a stall mon say, slowbro, toxapex, or even chansey that can use recovery and continue walling.. but stall doesn't seem very good in general right now with how wall breaker heavy the game is.

Pawmot I do not think would be broken because of revival blessing.. but because its the full package. It hits hard with iron fist, a good movepool, and its speed tier. 105 Speed is enough to run scarf, band, life orb, and we're sleeping on how physical walls can't properly match it with its movepool:

252 Atk Choice Band Pawmot Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Rotom-Wash: 186-219 (61.1 - 72%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery (note: i don't actually know if iron fist works with close combat this gen but i didn't include it in this calc, even without it this hurts)

252 Atk Iron Fist Pawmot Thunder Punch vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Toxapex: 146-174 (48 - 57.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

Obviously ice punch murks defensive chomp, and lando whenever he comes back, I don't see too many defensive options for it, if any at all.

It gets all the elemental punches, a strong ability, and revival blessing as a bonus when nothing can even switch into it to stop it. Pawmot is its own monster certainly. Revival blessing's distribution just isn't large enough to justify a move ban when it has a really strong user and one really shit one. Maybe when smeargle is back we can look at it again but even he doesn't hit hard he's just a support mon. If we're going to do any ban related to revival blessing it should instead be whether or not pawmot is a huge threat first.

Last edited:
Greninja bad now. Well maybe not bad per se, but calling it a shadow of its former self would be an understatement. Both its abilities, Protean and Battle Bond got nerfed to the ground, with the former only changing its type once every time it enters battle, and the latter being a one time boost that does not reactivate once you switch out. Both these changes hurt Greninja immensely and I think it'll rely exclusively on Choice Sets moving forward. The new limitations of Protean hurt these sets the least as they are locked into one move anyways and Battle Bond can still potentially work as a cleaner in the late game once the opponent's team is weakened, albiet you'll have to manuever it more carefully so that it can make the best use of the one time boost. I think Life Orb sets are dead for the most part, as Greninja's coverage doesn't have anywhere near the same threat level without the Protean boost backing up its damage.

One nice thing Greninja did get in Scarlet and Violet is Swords Dance. Combined with Battle Bond, this can let it become a sweeper in the late game. However, Greninja's bad bulk and damage before an SD will make this set a gimmick at best. It doesn't help that many other SD sweeper such as Weavile are stronger and faster than Greninja. Still, I think it could be fun, esp in the lower tiers where these threats won't be around.

EDIT: Completely forgot Greninja got Switcheroo too which will be nice for all of its Choice Sets. Also CB Shadow Sneak may be useful for this alone.

252 Atk Choice Band Protean Greninja Shadow Sneak vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Flutter Mane: 254-300 (101.1 - 119.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Greninja @ Choice Band
Ability: Protean
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Liquidation
- Low Kick / Switcheroo
- Shadow Sneak / Gunk Shot

Greninja @ Choice Specs
Ability: Battle Bond / Protean
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Surf
- Dark Pulse
- U-turn
- Ice Beam / Switcheroo

Greninja @ Life Orb
Ability: Battle Bond
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Liquidation
- Low Kick
- Gunk Shot

Last edited:
Greninja bad now. Well maybe not bad per se, but calling it a shadow of its former self would be an understatement. Both its abilities, Protean and Battle Bond got nerfed to the ground, with the former only changing its type once every time it enters battle, and the latter being a one time boost that does not reactivate once you switch out. Both these changes hurt Greninja immensely and I think it'll rely exclusively on Choice Sets moving forward. The new limitations of Protean hurt these sets the least as they are locked into one move anyways and Battle Bond can still potentially work as a cleaner in the late game once the opponent's team is weakened, albiet you'll have to manuever it more carefully so that it can make the best use of the one time boost. I think Life Orb sets are dead for the most part, as Greninja's coverage doesn't have anywhere near the same threat level without the Protean boost backing up its damage.

One nice thing Greninja did get in Scarlet and Violet is Swords Dance. Combined with Battle Bond, this can let it become a sweeper in the late game. However, Greninja's bad bulk and damage before an SD will make this set a gimmick at best. It doesn't help that many other SD sweeper such as Weavile are stronger and faster than Greninja. Still, I think it could be fun, esp in the lower tiers where these threats won't be around.

Greninja @ Choice Band
Ability: Protean
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Liquidation
- Low Kick
- Gunk Shot

Greninja @ Choice Specs
Ability: Battle Bond / Protean
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Surf
- Dark Pulse
- U-turn
- Ice Beam

Greninja @ Life Orb
Ability: Battle Bond
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Liquidation
- Low Kick
- Gunk Shot
I feel like people are forgetting how good scarf protean was during some metas in gen 7. Gren will be fine. I even think the scarf set will be fantastic at revenging a lot of broken shit in the early metas. Scarf doesn't care about the nerf for obvious reasons.

So this isn't a one-liner...

One thing I think is a hilarious is the people celebrating recover nerfs don't realize that now regen cores will become even more common because you don't want to waste precious PP on recovery to get out of 2HKO range and instead just want to regen it off. I am really excited to see if it is possible for defensive teams to even exist post-tera because of how insanely broken the offensive powercreep is this gen. It feels like there is so much that is so obviously ban-worthy offensive threats by gen 8 OU standards, but there are no new ferros or pexes or corvs.

If feel as if the OU council could take 3 different approaches, one which people are talking about with moving down defensive, likely balanced ubers like Giratina and Zamazenta to even the playing field between offense and defense. The second would be banning a many offensive mons that are likely to rule the tier in the early days. The third would be to roll with GameFreak's hard-on for offense and accept more defensive playstyles will be unviable.

Obviously you don't have to give any specifics like I outlined, and if you don't feel like you can answer the question you don't have to. But Finchinator, what is the balance philosophy of the council anyway? If the meta becomes slamming offense on offense is that okay with the council?

I think the revival move is more broken on paper than in practice but we'll see when the metagame actually starts.

Rabsca is a shit mon tbh... actually literal too lol. It definitely isn't going to be broken because of revival blessing, it has too many flaws holding it back and the teams it would function on (trick room) are already niche playstyles that are hard to pull off. If you're trying to run it on HO it isn't going to do much (hypothetically you bring it on a stall mon and revive a wall breaker to deal it when you could just... run a 6th wall breaker instead of 5+ a support that brings back one.) while said trick room teams already feel niche as is so the buff if it proves pretty good on them should be more welcoming. We also have to keep in mind revival blessing only brings mons to 50%, which gives very little setup opportunities, it seems more broken to revive a stall mon say, slowbro, toxapex, or even chansey that can use recovery and continue walling.. but stall doesn't seem very good in general right now with how wall breaker heavy the game is.

Pawmot I do not think would be broken because of revival blessing.. but because its the full package. It hits hard with iron fist, a good movepool, and its speed tier. 105 Speed is enough to run scarf, band, life orb, and we're sleeping on how physical walls can't properly match it with its movepool:

252 Atk Choice Band Pawmot Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Rotom-Wash: 186-219 (61.1 - 72%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery (note: i don't actually know if iron fist works with close combat this gen but I did put it in the calc, even with it this hurts)

252 Atk Iron Fist Pawmot Thunder Punch vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Toxapex: 146-174 (48 - 57.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

Obviously ice punch murks defensive chomp, and lando whenever he comes back, I don't see too many defensive options for it, if any at all.

It gets all the elemental punches, a strong ability, and revival blessing as a bonus when nothing can even switch into it to stop it. Pawmot is its own monster certainly. Revival blessing's distribution just isn't large enough to justify a move ban when it has a really strong user and one really shit one. Maybe when smeargle is back we can look at it again but even he doesn't hit hard he's just a support mon. If we're going to do any ban related to revival blessing it should instead be whether or not pawmot is a huge threat first.
I agree. Offensive Pawmot will be the scary one because you gotta scrap with it. You can't really switch in a wall/counter because one turn is all it takes for it to bring someone back.

Leppa Berry Revive is a meme that'll have people going 5v6 for the most part with a mon that has a clear target on its back at all times. Pawmot doesn't strike me as the bulkiest mon out there even with max HP.

Coming back at 50% with a bunch of hazards up and other things that make switching in tough is kind of a hard task for some mons too.

Some random thoughts about the upcoming meta:

While defence has been overall nerfed, I think it is will still usable, stall and balance alike. Losing Scald, recovery PP and all is tough but Knock Off being much less prevalent is pretty good, especially considering how hazards seems to be accessible. I can see more offensive teams foregoing removals because the users sucks, which will put them on a counter.

Speaking of defence, I don't see many mentions of Amoonguss. It is sadly as passive as ever but it does have Sludge Bomb, Toxic, Foul Play and Clear Smog to not be complete fodder. And Grass / Poison seems really good in the early meta. Completely blocks Palafin, Pawmot, matches decently well against Annihilape (until we know more of its special move), Meowscarada, Greninja and even fucking Iron Valiant at least as long as it forgot to get a Psychic-move. All of these will probably be spammed in the very early days. Regenerator is still regenerator so I can see it being a good blanket check so you can pivot to another threat.
Of course the mushroom is completely trashed by the powerful Ice menaces coming to the meta (Snowstorm as a weather + Iron Bundle, Chien-Pao, Baxcalibur and Weavile is back too) but it will be a decent backbone.

Skeledirge looks fun to use. Finally a decent tank with recovery. Self-boosts reliably, an unusual defensive profile that could be very useful in some cases (blocks Iron Galiant STABs, completely walls all Volcs). Its bane is the abundance of Dark threats - all the Ruinous legendary for starters and how fast the metagame is, which will make or break Unaware. But finally, a good Unaware mon that is not Pyuk Quagsire or Clefable.

Slowking gains basically Teleport + Snow which is insane lmao. Baxcalibur is a match made in heaven, resists most Slowking weaknesses and uses pretty well a +1 Def. Loses Scald which is sad, but Regenerator is as good as ever so I can see it being pretty useful once again.

Flutter Mane seems preeeetty strong, it's like basically a fast nuke. It mostly preys on frail offensive teams that can't afford a switch into a fast Moonblast / Shadow Ball. It is held back by the relative low BP of its moves but idk that will one of the threat to look at in the first days.

Roaring Moon is Hydreigon and Salamence min-maxed child. Does it have anything against Fairies though (except something Iron Tail)?

Both Donphan paradoxes seem decent? They have an awkward typing and no regen that I think of hurts but big stats + STABed EQ is never bad and Rapid Spin and Knock Off are a scarcity nowadays. They will surely have some uses.

Oh yeah and Mabostiff. 120 Atk with Stakeout?
252 Atk Choice Band Huge Power Mightyena Jaw Lock vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Toxapex: 198-234 (65.1 - 76.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO (Huge Power stimulates Stakeout + Switching in).
This thing gets fucking Jaw Lock: it hurts on the switch and it makes sure you ain't double-switching. Probably not OU material (now that I think of it, its stats might be just good enough for OU) but it will definitely hurt in lower tiers, you can even use Taunt to be a discount Heatran.

Last edited:

Finchinator

-OUTL
is a Tournament Directoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Championis the defending OU Circuit Championis a Two-Time Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
OU Leader
Obviously you don't have to give any specifics like I outlined, and if you don't feel like you can answer the question you don't have to. But Finchinator, what is the balance philosophy of the council anyway? If the meta becomes slamming offense on offense is that okay with the council?
If that's the way that the metagame develops, sure. We will ban things we feel are uncompetitive or contribute to the metagame being unplayable at first. Eventually we will close in on more fringe options if needed. From there, it's up to the tier and the players.

What do you guys think of some really good teammates option for The Roaring Moon? I was thinking to use this as my standard set- dd, iron head, outrage, jaw lock

How does this Iron Hands set look?

Iron hands @ Leftovers
Ability: Quark Drive
EVs: 252 HP/ 252 Atk/ 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Drain Punch
- Thunder Punch
- Heavy Slam

Drain Punch will be very powerful after Swords Dance, and keep Iron Hands healthy over the course of the match. Thunder Punch is to deal with the Slowtwins, other bulky waters and Corviknight. Heavy slam to hurt bulky fairy types like Scream Tail. Fighting/Electric/Steel also gives near unresisted coverage.

How does this Iron Hands set look?

Iron hands @ Leftovers
Ability: Quark Drive
EVs: 252 HP/ 252 Atk/ 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Drain Punch
- Thunder Punch
- Heavy Slam

Drain Punch will be very powerful after Swords Dance, and keep Iron Hands healthy over the course of the match. Thunder Punch is to deal with the Slowtwins, other bulky waters and Corviknight. Heavy slam to hurt bulky fairy types like Scream Tail. Fighting/Electric/Steel also gives near unresisted coverage.
Skeledirge can switch into this for free and wall it indefinitely, and I'm thinking Skeledirge will be pretty popular as an Unaware user with a decent attacking stat. I think this thing has a much better chance of being OU than Scream Tail, which I believe is very exploitable with its horrible passivity and being reliant on Wish for recovery.

Skeledirge can switch into this for free and wall it indefinitely, and I'm thinking Skeledirge will be pretty popular as an Unaware user with a decent attacking stat. I think this thing has a much better chance of being OU than Scream Tail, which I believe is very exploitable with its horrible passivity and being reliant on Wish for recovery.
Well you can trade Heavy Slam for Earthquake, but Fairy types have always been great in OU, and Skeledirge seems to have more mons which can beat it 1v1 (aka the numerous water and dark types) compared to Scream Tail.

Since when skeledirge taking electric attacks? It's fire/ghost with unware. I don't see how it resists electric unless I am missing something here.

What are some really good wallbreaker options paired with The Roaring Moon? I was thinking to add The flattery mane with life orb calm mind and sd/choice banded poison touch sneasler.

Since when skeledirge taking electric attacks? It's fire/ghost with unware. I don't see how it resists electric unless I am missing something here.
Do you not know what Unaware does? It ignores the enemy Pokemon's offensive boosts, so yeah, Skeledirge walls Thunder Punch for days. It is walled even in Electric Terrain.

252+ Atk Iron Hands Thunder Punch vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Skeledirge: 102-121 (24.8 - 29.4%) -- 100% chance to 4HKO

Do you not know what Unaware does? It ignores the enemy Pokemon's offensive boosts, so yeah, Skeledirge walls Thunder Punch for days. It is walled even in Electric Terrain.

252+ Atk Iron Hands Thunder Punch vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Skeledirge: 102-121 (24.8 - 29.4%) -- 100% chance to 4HKO
Is it taking wild charge with life orb though?

1668495907932.png

Breloom is back and better than ever after a well-deserved break. It retains Toxic access by getting it as a level-up move and doesn't really lose anything of note. Purely offensive sets have had their options expanded, most notable imo being newfound access to Bulldoze to have Ground coverage that capitalizes off of Technician. Other notable additions are Close Combat, Poison Jab/Gunk Shot, and potentially Aerial Ace. Even though he now has an option to dunk on all four of the Tapus in one slot, he also doesn't have to deal with them right off the bat, or with their Terrains nearly as often that impeded it at every turn. I doubt it's going to shape the meta by itself, but I like the idea of Breloom possibly having some legitimate viability in current gen OU for the first time since 2016.

1668490230199.png
Screen Shot 2022-11-15 at 10.45.27 AM.png

https://pokepast.es/0ad5850772e6a900

So a lot of players have been talking about how fatter playstyles are unviable so I decided to build some SV fat to see if this was true. The nerfs and power creep suck, but after getting into the teambuilder I gotta say I think the archetype will still be very playable.

Toxapex, despite losing Scald and Knock Off, is still mandatory on these types of teams due to Regenerator and its access to Toxic. Toxic + Haze 1v1's a lot of big threats like Palafin, Cinderace, and Iron Valiant. Clodsire is my Unaware user that blanket checks a lot of special attackers such as CM Flutter Mane (without Psyshock), NP Chi-Yu, Growth Scovillain, QD Volcarona, CM Enamorus, and NP Gholdengo. Clodsire is also nice because it is yet another Pokemon that can use Toxic, while being able set up Stealth Rock. Dragapult is my win-con, offensive pivot with U-turn, and my overall best way to force progress due to its abillity to spread burns and abuse status via Hex. His elite speed tier is great to check Pokemon such as Iron Bundle, while Infiltrator is a decent way to deal with Shed Tail strats.

Mirror Armor Corviknight is my secondary answer to Flutter Mane. Mirror Armor prevents you from getting cheesed by Shadow Ball SpDef drops and bounces back the Mystical Fire SpAtk drop. 12 Atk EV's guarantee the OHKO on Flutter Mane with Iron Head. Corviknight's slow U-turn will also be vital to bring momentum back in your favor. You can use Pressure instead but I don't see it being useful early on when 90% of match-ups are going to be vs balls to the walls offense.

The only issue with Corviknight here is Gholdengo's ability blocks any attempts to Defog, so I decided to pair him with Great Tusk. Great Tusk is able to dispatch Gholdengo with one Headlong Rush, preventing the spin block. The reason I'm not using Earthquake is because it misses out on the OHKO 65% of the time. Great Tusk's great defensive typing, Groudon-esque physical bulk, and access to STAB Body Press also make him my check / counter to threats such as Urshifu-Dark, Sneasler, Iron Hands, Ursaluna, Roaring Moon, Regieleki, Pawmot, etc. I have Protect in the last slot to nab extra recovery and scout choice-locked attacks, but moves like Knock Off and Ice Spinner are completely valid here.

Ditto rounds off the team. While it seems like lazy team-building, I need some way to revenge kill SD / DD Baxcalibur, Last Respects Basculegion, BD Cetitan, Chien-Pao, SD Garchomp,... Ditto will be instrumental during the early-stages of the meta.

Overall, I got to say building fat is more difficult this gen but it definitely isn't unplayable. Think outside the box-- you'll be plenty surprised.

Is it taking wild charge with life orb though?
252+ Atk Life Orb Iron Hands Wild Charge vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Skeledirge: 160-188 (38.9 - 45.7%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

It needs Electric Terrain to 2HKO Skeledirge. Skeledirge is also faster and can burn Iron Hands, crippling it in the process.

View attachment 465680
View attachment 465681

https://pokepast.es/0ad5850772e6a900

So a lot of players have been talking about how fatter playstyles are unviable so I decided to build some SV fat to see if this was true. The nerfs and power creep suck, but after getting into the teambuilder I gotta say I think the archetype will still be very playable.

Toxapex, despite losing Scald and Knock Off, is still mandatory on these types of teams due to Regenerator and its access to Toxic. Toxic + Haze 1v1's a lot of big threats like Palafin, Cinderace, and Iron Valiant. Clodsire is my Unaware user that blanket checks a lot of special attackers such as CM Flutter Mane (without Psyshock), NP Chi-Yu, Growth Scovillain, QD Volcarona, CM Enamorus, and NP Gholdengo. Clodsire is also nice because it is yet another Pokemon that can use Toxic, while being able set up Stealth Rock. Dragapult is my win-con, offensive pivot with U-turn, and my overall best way to force progress due to its abillity to spread burns and abuse status via Hex. His elite speed tier is great to check Pokemon such as Iron Bundle, while Infiltrator is a decent way to deal with Shed Tail strats.

Mirror Armor Corviknight is my secondary answer to Flutter Mane. Mirror Armor prevents you from getting cheesed by Shadow Ball SpDef drops and bounces back the Mystical Fire SpAtk drop. 12 Atk EV's guarantee the OHKO on Flutter Mane with Iron Head. Corviknight's slow U-turn will also be vital to bring momentum back in your favor. You can use Pressure instead but I don't see it being useful early on when 90% of match-ups are going to be vs balls to the walls offense.

The only issue with Corviknight here is Gholdengo's ability blocks any attempts to Defog, so I decided to pair him with Great Tusk. Great Tusk is able to dispatch Gholdengo with one Headlong Rush, preventing the spin block. The reason I'm not using Earthquake is because it misses out on the OHKO 65% of the time. Great Tusk's great defensive typing, Groudon-esque physical bulk, and access to STAB Body Press also make him my check / counter to threats such as Urshifu-Dark, Sneasler, Iron Hands, Ursaluna, Roaring Moon, Regieleki, Pawmot, etc. I have Protect in the last slot to nab extra recovery and scout choice-locked attacks, but moves like Knock Off and Ice Spinner are completely valid here.

Ditto rounds off the team. While it seems like lazy team-building, I need some way to revenge kill SD / DD Baxcalibur, Last Respects Basculegion, BD Cetitan, Chien-Pao, SD Garchomp,... Ditto will be instrumental during the early-stages of the meta.

Overall, I got to say building fat is more difficult this gen but it definitely isn't unplayable. Think outside the box-- you'll be plenty surprised.
Cool concept, but I think SpDef Corv might be stretched a bit thin here, especially since you are using it to Defog, so it can't actually check Specs Flutter Mane (which I expect to be quite common for the same reason as Specs Dragapult). Clodsire does check it decently enough though and deals a good amount back w/ EQ / Toxic, but it is still chunking it for a decent amount of damage that'll be harder to recover off. Sub variants of Spectrier might be annoy to fight too, esp ones that run WoW or Disable, but you do have Infiltrator Dragapult to check that so its probably not the end of the world if you run into it.
252 SpA Choice Specs Flutter Mane Shadow Ball vs. 252 HP / 244 SpD Corviknight: 178-211 (44.5 - 52.7%) -- 84% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Choice Specs Flutter Mane Shadow Ball vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Clodsire: 145-172 (31.2 - 37%) -- 11.8% chance to 3HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
I'm not the best at using or playing against fatter playstyles, so perhaps I can't comment too much, but Blissey seems like it would be really nice to have on a team like this as a more reliable Ghost- switch-in. However, I also don't think it can even be slotted into a team like this too well because it doesn't really do a good of pressuring most of these Ghost-types due to losing Toxic and Calm Mind being unable to exert pressure quickly enough. Every member of this team also has an important role to fill which Blissey wouldn't be able to replace / replicate, particularly due to losing Toxic so its not checking special sweepers like Volcarona as well as Clodsire.

Overall, pretty good team, and I agree that fatter styles may still have a place in the meta, but its probably after the OP Ghost like Flutter Mane and Spectrier leave the meta.

Cool concept, but I think SpDef Corv might be stretched a bit thin here, especially since you are using it to Defog, so it can't actually check Specs Flutter Mane (which I expect to be quite common for the same reason as Specs Dragapult). Clodsire does check it decently enough though and deals a good amount back w/ EQ / Toxic, but it is still chunking it for a decent amount of damage that'll be harder to recover off. Sub variants of Spectrier might be annoy to fight too, esp ones that run WoW or Disable, but you do have Infiltrator Dragapult to check that so its probably not the end of the world if you run into it.
252 SpA Choice Specs Flutter Mane Shadow Ball vs. 252 HP / 244 SpD Corviknight: 178-211 (44.5 - 52.7%) -- 84% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Choice Specs Flutter Mane Shadow Ball vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Clodsire: 145-172 (31.2 - 37%) -- 11.8% chance to 3HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
I'm not the best at using or playing against fatter playstyles, so perhaps I can't comment too much, but Blissey seems like it would be really nice to have on a team like this as a more reliable Ghost- switch-in. However, I also don't think it can even be slotted into a team like this too well because it doesn't really do a good of pressuring most of these Ghost-types due to losing Toxic and Calm Mind being unable to exert pressure quickly enough. Every member of this team also has an important role to fill which Blissey wouldn't be able to replace / replicate, particularly due to losing Toxic so its not checking special sweepers like Volcarona as well as Clodsire.

Overall, pretty good team, and I agree that fatter styles may still have a place in the meta, but its probably after the OP Ghost like Flutter Mane and Spectrier leave the meta.
i agree

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)