Resource Simple Questions, Simple Answers

whats the best way to deal with bascu in the rain as last pokemon? i tried boosting speed but i got destroyed by scarf sets.

Red Raven

I COULD BE BANNED!
whats the best way to deal with bascu in the rain as last pokemon? i tried boosting speed but i got destroyed by scarf sets.
For me, controlling the weather with Groudon or Koraidon to remove its speed if it's paired with Kyogre. Though, when its scarfed, you really need your own scarfer like one of the motorcycles. But in all honesty, this pokemon sucks balls. Low ladder players just wanna use it to spam last respects. Once you get to the mid ladder, this thing is very rare or non existent

Red Raven

I COULD BE BANNED!
How viable is calm mind + agility on Miraidon? Is it the same one that's been used in UPL or was that a plain calm mind? If cm + agility is viable, what is the ev spread on it and what are some good teammates for it?

And what are some common ev spreads for support and calm mind Arceus and what do they accomplish?

Aberforth

is a Top Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Ubers Leader
Between the two motorcycles, who is generally considered to be the superior scarfer and why?
Scarfer is 100% Koraidon, U-Turn not having any immunities makes it far more valuable as a strong pivot, and the effectively triple stab pre-tera from the sun make it much more effective speed control than Miraidon.

How viable is calm mind + agility on Miraidon? Is it the same one that's been used in UPL or was that a plain calm mind? If cm + agility is viable, what is the ev spread on it and what are some good teammates for it?

And what are some common ev spreads for support and calm mind Arceus and what do they accomplish?
Its good but specs is generally better because it is more immediately threatening, the ev spread is extremely customisable, just find things you want to outspeed at +2 speed (ie: Iron Bundle, Scarf Koraidon), and be sure to outspeed them or something you want to outspeed before setting up (Arceus, either max speed or max neutral nature), and then max special attack and the rest in bulk.

Red Raven

I COULD BE BANNED!
Scarfer is 100% Koraidon, U-Turn not having any immunities makes it far more valuable as a strong pivot, and the effectively triple stab pre-tera from the sun make it much more effective speed control than Miraidon.
I understand what you said except for one thing, Miraidon also has u turn, same as Koraidon. Is the sun boosted flare blitz really that big of a difference maker between the two as scarfers?

Also, another question. Can scale shot Koraidon work well with scarf Miraidon, basically bluffing the sets of both until revealed?

Aberforth

is a Top Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Ubers Leader
I understand what you said except for one thing, Miraidon also has u turn, same as Koraidon. Is the sun boosted flare blitz really that big of a difference maker between the two as scarfers?

Also, another question. Can scale shot Koraidon work well with scarf Miraidon, basically bluffing the sets of both until revealed?
Miraidon's U-Turn is quite a bit weaker than Koraidon's because of the singificant difference in base attack and normally, EV investment, and yes Flare Blitz's incredible power is very effective for Scarf Koraidon. Scale Shot Koraidon is very threatening, and can work with scarf Miraidon if you want to pair them up together.

Hi, I'm not really sure if this is the right place to post this (or if there's even a good answer) but how can I get started building and playing the tier? I wanna try it out but there are no samples and I am completely clueless as to what to build with. Are there any other resources such as the smogon dex / viability rankings that I should be familiar with?

corvere

and beneath the mist, i saw my true reflection
is a Top Contributor
Hi, I'm not really sure if this is the right place to post this (or if there's even a good answer) but how can I get started building and playing the tier? I wanna try it out but there are no samples and I am completely clueless as to what to build with. Are there any other resources such as the smogon dex / viability rankings that I should be familiar with?
you can get started with the tier by both joining the discord channel of the ubers server, and by joining the ubers room in pokemon showdown. now, you are right in that we dont have samples, but one thing you can do is visit threads like [https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/scl-iii-replays.3728426/] and look at what teams the best players are using in ubers (you search by tier), and if you see one you like, you can proceed to copy them in your teambuilder pokemon by pokemon, set by set. there's also the team bazaar (https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/sv-ubers-bazaar-post-home.3723557/) but this one is not AS updated as the scl thread. if youre new to the tier, i recommend to you, you should first familiarize with the meta and watch a couple of replays, and use teams that are not yours, before jumping straight up to building yourself.

as of viability rankings, yes, ubers has one: https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/sv-ubers-viability-rankings-post-home.3724082/ this viability ranking is updated and is a nice starting point. have fun in ubers !

just returning to ubers, why is kingambit ranked so high? what sets does it run, and how people usually play it? what kinds of cores/teams are it on?

Taka

coastin' like crazy
is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
just returning to ubers, why is kingambit ranked so high? what sets does it run, and how people usually play it? what kinds of cores/teams are it on?
generally on very offensive teams, kingambit's priority is great in such an offensive heavy metagame, especially where the primary dark resists are koraidon (no recovery) and arceus-fairy (weak to iron head). Kingambit's standard sets are the same as in OU, something like

Kingambit @ Leftovers / Black Glasses
Ability: Supreme Overlord
EVs: 112 HP / 252 Atk / 144 Spe
Tera Type: Flying / Fire
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Kowtow Cleave
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head

You pair it with other physical breakers who can get past Lando-T / Groudon / Koraidon / support arceus forms.

Red Raven

I COULD BE BANNED!
How do you use Gliscor is this meta? Every time I use it, it just fails to do anything to Zacian at all because its earthquake is so weak and it dies immediately to sd Koraidon. Is there any reason to use this over Landorus who even though it has no recovery, at least it can slow down Zacian and Koraidon?

Taka

coastin' like crazy
is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
How do you use Gliscor is this meta? Every time I use it, it just fails to do anything to Zacian at all because its earthquake is so weak and it dies immediately to sd Koraidon. Is there any reason to use this over Landorus who even though it has no recovery, at least it can slow down Zacian and Koraidon?
gliscor isn't checking those two entirely on its own but unlike landorus-t, it has a presence in how easily it gets spikes up + limits other fatter builds with its longevity. being able to freely pivot into ting-lu/clodsire/lando-t/scarf korai and use them as spikes chances is incredibly useful. its not a pure check to zacian/korai, throwing it at them directly like lando-t will not work

I made a team but, I'm not good at competitive. And eventually in the ladder I get murked.
Somehow I'm attached to the team so I ask how to make this team as viable as possible
(I will take substitute Pokemon if they are simalar in say, type. I will also take substitute items if they're just better than what I have. Also I play showdown so idc if the Pokemon or item
is hard to find)
https://pokepast.es/bb460e3ef9c4353a

Last edited:

SparksBlade

is a Tournament Directoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staffis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host
Community Leader
I made a team but, I'm not good at competitive. And eventually in the ladder I get murked.
Somehow I'm attached to the team so I ask how to make this team as viable as possible
(I will take substitute Pokemon if they are simalar in say, type. I will also take substitute items if they're just better than what I have. Also I play showdown so idc if the Pokemon or item
is hard to find)
https://pokepast.es/bb460e3ef9c4353a
I've moved your post to a more appropriate place. You can also check out the RMT Forum to get your team rated (do read the rules and guidelines first) and you can also ask for help in the Ubers Discord Server.

Red Raven

I COULD BE BANNED!
What do you guys think of temper flare over flare blitz on Koraidon? It seems pretty decent to me since you don't need to nuke Arceus Fairy because it seems so ass with Ho oh and Necrozma, not to mention good ol Zacian

corvere

and beneath the mist, i saw my true reflection
is a Top Contributor
What do you guys think of temper flare over flare blitz on Koraidon? It seems pretty decent to me since you don't need to nuke Arceus Fairy because it seems so ass with Ho oh and Necrozma, not to mention good ol Zacian
flare blitz is more consistent although temper flare might see some use as it deals more damage to fairyceus than flare blitz. however you would need to be at +2 to actually kill fairyceus, and being at +2 AND having the boosted temper flare seems rather fake, or difficult to accomplish.
flare blitz is more consistent, and consistency = best

Red Raven

I COULD BE BANNED!
flare blitz is more consistent although temper flare might see some use as it deals more damage to fairyceus than flare blitz. however you would need to be at +2 to actually kill fairyceus, and being at +2 AND having the boosted temper flare seems rather fake, or difficult to accomplish.
flare blitz is more consistent, and consistency = best
Is Arceus fairy still a thing? I haven't run into it much especially since it's now far easier to check or straight up counter

Looked at the recent VR, and I'm wondering why Kyurem-Black is considered much better than Kyurem-White. (Black is in mid B and White's in D tier) What's with the big discrepancy here?

Lasen

smiling through it all
is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
Looked at the recent VR, and I'm wondering why Kyurem-Black is considered much better than Kyurem-White. (Black is in mid B and White's in D tier) What's with the big discrepancy here?
Kyurem-B is very good at both wallbreaking and sweeping teams; loaded dice is a godsent for it, allowing KyuB to have a consistent physical Ice-type move in Icicle Spear while also leveraging Fusion Bolt to give itself BoltBeam coverage. It also only needs 1 Dragon Dance boost to outspeed Zacian-C and threaten the OHKO with Tera Electric Fusion Bolt, which also makes it resist Zacian-C and NDM's Steel-type moves AND makes it immune to Paralysis from a stray Thunder Wave NDM.
Kyurem-W on the other hand is relegated to just being a "decently strong Choice Specs user" which relies on Fusion Flare to damage the aforementioned Steel-types, can't OHKO key pivots like Ho-Oh and Arceus-Fairy/Water and always has to click the "right" button. You could argue that HDB/Life Orb alleviate the pressure from the player to click right every time but Boots really cuts your damage output and Life Orb on a Stealth Rock weak mon which STILL has to get some amount of turns right or risk getting KOed? not worth the slot when you could be doing the same thing with Miraidon which is stronger, has pivoting, has a better offensive typing and overall provides way more.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)