Resource Simple Questions, Simple Answers

Fc

Waiting for something to happen?
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Team Rateris a Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a defending SCL Champion
Ubers Leader
Welcome to the gen 9 edition of SQSA! This threads acts as a place to ask questions that could be answered in a single post.
Common topics include:

- What is the ideal <item/nature/moveset/Pokemon> for my Pokemon or team?
- How is the viability of a Pokemon in the metagame?

And now for some quick guidelines:

- Discussing the potential of an Ubers Pokemon in OU is strictly prohibited. The viability of a Pokemon in Ubers has no relevance to its potential in OU.
- Topics around suspect or ban discussions are ideally kept to threads open for wide range discussion on potential suspect testing, like a "NP:" thread. If a suspect is currently running, our live chat areas are a better zone to ask and discuss these things.
- The answer may be present on our Smogon Dex, where you can find analyses of the Pokemon in our tier.
- This is not the ideal place to ask questions related to in-game teams or metagames. This forum is primarily for discussion of Smogon's Ubers metagame. Cartridge based metagames can be discussed in the Cartridge Formats section, while in-game play can be discussed in Orange Islands. Make sure to navigate to the ideal threads when visiting these subforums!

Community members are encouraged to help each other out here with answering new questions!

Last edited:
Miraidon additionally gets 30% boost to its electric moves due to electric terrain, on top of 30% boost from Hadron Engine. So for Electric moves, it gets 1.3*1.3 = 1.69x boost

Basically, Electro Drift (its sig move), which has 100 BP, becomes 169 BP

I have a question - is Miraidon's boost from Hadron Engine tied directly to Electric Terrain? Does it lose the boost if Electric Terrain is gone?

corvere

and beneath the mist, i saw my true reflection
is a Top Contributor
I have a question - is Miraidon's boost from Hadron Engine tied directly to Electric Terrain? Does it lose the boost if Electric Terrain is gone?
as per Hadron Endinge's description, yes, its directly tied to Electric Terrain.
imagen_2022-11-22_165738314.png

Champion Leon

Banned deucer.
Can someone compile a list of good Eviolite users?

**Not based on Ability, or movepool, or type, **JUST based on stats.
Abilities and movepools can be irrelevant due to Other Metagames, and of course with Tera-mechanic, original typing is less relevant.

This is useful bc it would impact many metagames, so we should see which Pokemon are ideal for the item.

Fc

Waiting for something to happen?
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Team Rateris a Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a defending SCL Champion
Ubers Leader
Can someone compile a list of good Eviolite users?

**Not based on Ability, or movepool, or type, **JUST based on stats.
Abilities and movepools can be irrelevant due to Other Metagames, and of course with Tera-mechanic, original typing is less relevant.

This is useful bc it would impact many metagames, so we should see which Pokemon are ideal for the item.
Since this thread is an ubers sqsa I'll only answer for the tier in particular and not any other metagames, and because of that I would say that there are no good Eviolite users, bar Chansey in certain scenarios. Those scenarios are very specific tho, making Blissey better almost every time. P2 is also technically usable in SS for Trick Room, but unavailable in SV.

If you just want to see which nfe's are the best stat wise, you can do /nds nfe, bst>x in a PS chatroom and a list will pop up (~450 bst gives a good small sample of the stronger ones in current gen, some aren't in SV though only ND).

Champion Leon

Banned deucer.
Since this thread is an ubers sqsa I'll only answer for the tier in particular and not any other metagames, and because of that I would say that there are no good Eviolite users, bar Chansey in certain scenarios. Those scenarios are very specific tho, making Blissey better almost every time. P2 is also technically usable in SS for Trick Room, but unavailable in SV.

If you just want to see which nfe's are the best stat wise, you can do /nds nfe, bst>x in a PS chatroom and a list will pop up (~450 bst gives a good small sample of the stronger ones in current gen, some aren't in SV though only ND).
Thank you! I thought NFE was only for Pokemon within the NFE tier (wouldn’t feature banned Pokémon), but I assume this is any. Thank you.

I apologize if this is not a very simple question, but I have a question about Protosynthesis. If a Flutter Mane with Booster Energy and a Koraidon come out at the same time, how is whether or not the Booster Energy is consumed determined? Is it based on speed? In situations where they have the same Speed stat (which are not uncommon), is it just a speed tie 50/50? I feel this is important to ask so I can make sure to know how to play in situations where this interaction comes up.

awyp

'Alexa play Ladyfingers by Herb Alpert'
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
RMT Leader
How viable is Pawmot right now? Also, what set / item would you run on it? I haven't seen that many so i'm unsure
It's viable in OU, Revival Blessing is borderline broken especially with Leppa Berry. So I would say the option of bring back 1 or 2 Pokémon per game from being fainted with and having all elemental punches + Iron Fist, I would say it's viable. I've seen some uber teams with Pawmot, I don't how common they are but I do be seeing them.

corvere

and beneath the mist, i saw my true reflection
is a Top Contributor
Which tends to be more difficult to play against: a team built with Koraidon or Miraidon?
in my experience i would say Koraidon, but not because the mon itself but rather because of uturn and better abusers. uturn koraidon can get extremely threatening pokemon like Chi-Yu or great tusk in the field with no effort. these 2 pokemon if they get a free switch will likely get a guaranteed kill and you can't really do much about it.

What is up with Houndstone? Is it just a bad mon with a broken move? Has their been any success with it? I'm really curious because I was talking about someone with it, and they believe that we should keep the mon banned, and not just ban last respects. Why can't we ban the move and let the mon move down to UU/RU? Is it not just rotting in here?

Lasen

smiling through it all
is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
What is up with Houndstone? Is it just a bad mon with a broken move? Has their been any success with it? I'm really curious because I was talking about someone with it, and they believe that we should keep the mon banned, and not just ban last respects. Why can't we ban the move and let the mon move down to UU/RU? Is it not just rotting in here?
This is technically a question for OU; we don't decide what they ban and we can't force them to take our shitty D-listers. HOWEVER! Houndstone has been experimented with on and off by both ladder heroes and tournament players alike. The problem with it in Ubers is that between the Booster Energy for Speed that some Pokemon have, the Electric Terrain and how much easier getting rid of sand is in this tier (Koraidon has insane usage!) you are trying to basically preserve two Pokemon at once- Houndstone and the sand setter, neither one of which is exactly easy to do.
As to why they didn't just ban Last Respects, you can read about it here.

This is technically a question for OU; we don't decide what they ban and we can't force them to take our shitty D-listers. HOWEVER! Houndstone has been experimented with on and off by both ladder heroes and tournament players alike. The problem with it in Ubers is that between the Booster Energy for Speed that some Pokemon have, the Electric Terrain and how much easier getting rid of sand is in this tier (Koraidon has insane usage!) you are trying to basically preserve two Pokemon at once- Houndstone and the sand setter, neither one of which is exactly easy to do.
As to why they didn't just ban Last Respects, you can read about it here.
Thank you so much, I'm working on a video and something as kinda part of a school project and your response helped a lot! I can get that in Ubers with ways to kill sand it becomes pretty much useless to use, and after reading FInch's reasoning I can get not just banning the move. I really hope another mon gets it so that we can possibly ban the move, and have the mon shine in UU/RU!

Prikki

formerly AtomicFish
Could I get a link to a resource for a quick crash course on teambuilding in SV Uber? I want to get into the tier and learn a bit more to hopefully hit high rankings, but teambuilding has long since been my weak spot and I want to be able to make teams using Pokemon I'm satisfied with.

Could I get a link to a resource for a quick crash course on teambuilding in SV Uber? I want to get into the tier and learn a bit more to hopefully hit high rankings, but teambuilding has long since been my weak spot and I want to be able to make teams using Pokemon I'm satisfied with.
I don't think there is any as of right now. Thankfully, basic teambuilding for the current format isn't too complicated, since the meta revolves entirely around Koraidon and Miraidon. An average BO team has a 2-3 mons offensive core, a Mirai check and a Korai check, or at least that's the structure I like.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)