Resource Simple Questions, Simple Answers Thread

How come Basculegion Male is B rank in the OU Viability Rankings but Floatzel is D tier? Both function as physical Rain sweepers, but Floatzel is significantly faster and only slightly less powerful. Notably, under Rain, Adamant Floatzel's 658 speed lets it outspeed Jolly/Timid Iron Valiant with Booster Energy (546), which Adamant Basculegion can't do at 510 speed.
Basculegion has slightly more coverage than Floatzel has access to (Tera Blast Ghost is strong since despite the Tera reliance it does have the Double-STAB bonus, the power with Jolly is comparable enough to Floatzel's Adamant, and Basculegion's Bulk means it's not as prone to being stopped by neutral priority or as reliant on OHKOing every target to not die.

252+ Atk Dragonite Extreme Speed vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Tera Water Basculegion: 139-164 (36.4 - 43%) -- guaranteed 3HKO (since without Tera he immunes this)
252+ Atk Dragonite Extreme Speed vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Floatzel: 158-187 (50.8 - 60.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Since endgame will usually involve having to get past Kingambit and thus survive a Sucker Punch, it affects what shred of health you need to hang on by.
252+ Atk Supreme Overlord 3 allies fainted Kingambit Sucker Punch vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Tera Water Basculegion: 237-280 (62.2 - 73.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Supreme Overlord 5 allies fainted Kingambit Sucker Punch vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Tera Water Basculegion: 273-322 (71.6 - 84.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252+ Atk Supreme Overlord 3 allies fainted Kingambit Sucker Punch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Tera Water Floatzel: 271-321 (87.1 - 103.2%) -- 18.8% chance to OHKO
252+ Atk Supreme Overlord 5 allies fainted Kingambit Sucker Punch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Tera Water Floatzel: 313-369 (100.6 - 118.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO

This one's an edge case, but being able to take a priority hit with neutral Tera is a very notable trait for a Rain Breaker/Sweeper.

where on the forms are we supposed to discuss pre-home mons? we can't use the pre-home forms anymore so do we just start making new threads on the main overused page again?
Threads typically have to be approved by a moderator before you can create one.

If you want to discuss Pre-Home Pokemon (by which I assume you mean Mons in SV before Home released but playing in the current environment), your best options are the Metagame Discussion thread to discuss general usage and trends.

Good Zamazenta answers other than Valiant?
Skeledirge especially after Tera and Dondozo are really good Zamazenta anwsers but if you want a super hard counter and don’t care if its bad and near unviable, physdef Hounstone is the best counter to Zamazenta.

Is there a place where I can watch replays featuring a specific pokemon? Like, I type in Meowscarada and get replays featuring it.

I wanna work on my team building skills, specifically on that one. Wanna see different sets at work, since I can only make Scarf work personally.

Is there a place where I can watch replays featuring a specific pokemon? Like, I type in Meowscarada and get replays featuring it.

I wanna work on my team building skills, specifically on that one. Wanna see different sets at work, since I can only make Scarf work personally.
The best route might be to look at Tournament Replays threads and go 1 by 1 trying to find what you are looking for. Also ask other people for specific advice or look at what public teams (such as samples) are doing. Meowscarada can be a bit specific since it doesn't have the highest usage atm, but you can find some replays in the WCoP Replays Thread, here are a few of them

Oh wow, thank you very much! You really went above and beyond for this question!

Meow is a gen favorite, but I've been shoe horning it in teams even where it doesn't fit (wana know how well it performs on Trick Room? Not bad I guess), and Scarf was the most consistent. I've gotten too complacent and need to break outta my comfort zone (also need to ween off CM Hatterene), so watching high level plays are where it's at.

So I tried making a team with 2 defensive pivots and 4 heavy hitters to get as many opportunities for offensive action as possible. However, I lack a hazard remover and a hazard setter. So here, I am inquiring as to whether or not I need hazard control/setter and if so, what to replace for it. Here's the pokepaste: https://pokepast.es/da89523fa0892524

So I tried making a team with 2 defensive pivots and 4 heavy hitters to get as many opportunities for offensive action as possible. However, I lack a hazard remover and a hazard setter. So here, I am inquiring as to whether or not I need hazard control/setter and if so, what to replace for it. Here's the pokepaste: https://pokepast.es/da89523fa0892524
You have an interesting team there with some... Odd spreads. You definitely have issues with hazards, especially so seeing that half of your team is using HDB.
I'd probably recommend swapping Gambit out for Tusk. Tusk + Glowking is a good backbone for teams, as Tusk can Spin + Remove hazards, and Glowking can back it up.
I'd also swap SD for DD on Bax. You want that speed to patch up your slower pace.

You have an interesting team there with some... Odd spreads. You definitely have issues with hazards, especially so seeing that half of your team is using HDB.
I'd probably recommend swapping Gambit out for Tusk. Tusk + Glowking is a good backbone for teams, as Tusk can Spin + Remove hazards, and Glowking can back it up.
I'd also swap SD for DD on Bax. You want that speed to patch up your slower pace.
Thanks for the advice!

Been living under a rock about, but what exactly makes Baxcalibur so good at the moment, especially in comparison to other Dragon-type sweepers like Roaring Moon or Dragonite?

Been living under a rock about, but what exactly makes Baxcalibur so good at the moment, especially in comparison to other Dragon-type sweepers like Roaring Moon or Dragonite?
Given the fact it has very limited "reliable" switch-ins and it isn't over-reliant on Tera as well whereas in a lot of our games, you want Dragonite and Roaring Moon to Tera to otherwise improve their capability in sweeping effectively. Some other nice traits include being fairly bulky, great offensive typing with very limited switch-ins (even more so you realize glaive rush is a strong nuke that can muscle through would-be checks especially as most of the fairies we have right now wouldn't want to come in), both abilities are solid and makes it a threat on the corresponding teams. But yeah biggest thing about Baxcalibur is there's not a lot that can "safely" come in to take it on and even then when a Dragonite and Roaring Moon go to +1 the match isn't yet in their favor compared to Baxcalibur that can easily make progress a lot effectively compared to the other two, they still solid picks but Baxcalibur has a much more impactful presence in a lot of games.

Baxcalibur reminds me of when Rock Head Tyrantrum first dropped in Gen 6: it's hard to position and lacks much defensive utility, but if it hits you, something will be O/2HKO'd

Bax's bulk, ability (Immunity to Burns affords a lot of switch-ins to WoW opponents or freedom to attack things like Flame Body Moltres), better speed tier, and greater all around power either eliminates or compensates those shortcomings of Tyrantrum.

Given how short the Meta is on Fairies, it's hard to undervalue a Dragon STAB of that power with virtually no downsides since the doubled damage can be circumvented by Ice Shard, being faster, or switching out (as would probably happen if they have a Revenge Killer anyway). The power to 2HKO something like Ting-Lu neutrally (nevermind coverage) is incredibly demanding to stomach defensively, such that where Dragonite or Roaring Moon are tough if you aren't ready for them to hit the field, Baxcalibur is poised to make Progress as long as he gets there, which is becoming all the easier with OU gaining some big new pivots like Lando-T, Glowking (whose Snow benefits that bulk), Zapdos, Moltres, and some variants of Sneasler (who also partners well to deal with Fairies and clean up after something like Bax rampages on the opponent's defensive backbone).

More about the forum itself. How do I get the Serebii icons you use? I know they're from Serebii but idk how to get those images from there.

More about the forum itself. How do I get the Serebii icons you use? I know they're from Serebii but idk how to get those images from there.
If you mean these: :slowking: :sv/slowking:

Then you can use this code to make the small icon: :slowking:
Code:
:slowking:

For the big ones you can choose which generation you want and if you want the regional variant just slot in the region at the end:
Code:
:gs/slowking: :sv/slowking: :sv/slowking galar:

If you mean these: :slowking: :sv/slowking:

Then you can use this code to make the small icon: :slowking:
Code:
:slowking:

For the big ones you can choose which generation you want and if you want the regional variant just slot in the region at the end:
Code:
I guess this will be useful. Thanks, although I'll still have wikidex in case I want an HD Icon.

What is a good counter(s) to Baxcalibur in the current metagame that is also a good pokemon in its own right? I find whenever it terastalises ground or fairy, it is almost unbeatable.

What is a good counter(s) to Baxcalibur in the current metagame that is also a good pokemon in its own right? I find whenever it terastalises ground or fairy, it is almost unbeatable.
Dondozo can beat every Baxcalibur variant except Choice Band + Tera Dragon, Booster Energy/Scarf Iron Valiant and Enamorus (for variants without Ice Shard) can revenge kill, Azumarill can take anything except Tera Electric Tera Blast and revenge kill it, Iron Defense Corviknight can soft-check it, Air Balloon Gholdengo and Heatran can take anything and kill it back.

For Choice Band you can stack checks but usually you have to predict what it would do to not lose mons to it. If you want 100% counterplay, I would suggest Dondozo + Fairy type since the only move that breaks Dondozo that Bax uses is CB Tera Dragon Glaive Tush and fairies are immune to that.

658Greninja

is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributor
Been trying to get reqs for the Gambit suspect, but I just can’t play consistently enough to vote. Regardless of what team I run I just always get outplayed or I choke. I reseted multiple times cause I simply have a skill issue. So my question is,

If you are unable to get reqs for a suspect test, does that make you garbage or mediocre and your opinion holds no weight?

I can make all the observations of the metagame in the world. I’ve talked about how mons like Rilla or Thundy-T are underrated, but I can’t play at a high level.

The whole purpose of a suspect test is to allow only the most skilled possible players to get reqs cause they are the most educated and experienced players. If I can’t do that, what am I? Just some mid ladder player making posts in the OU forums that don’t hold anywhere near the same weight as top players like McMegan, Star, ABR, or Soulwind.

Been trying to get reqs for the Gambit suspect, but I just can’t play consistently enough to vote. Regardless of what team I run I just always get outplayed or I choke. I reseted multiple times cause I simply have a skill issue. So my question is,

If you are unable to get reqs for a suspect test, does that make you garbage or mediocre and your opinion holds no weight?

I can make all the observations of the metagame in the world. I’ve talked about how mons like Rilla or Thundy-T are underrated, but I can’t play at a high level.

The whole purpose of a suspect test is to allow only the most skilled possible players to get reqs cause they are the most educated and experienced players. If I can’t do that, what am I? Just some mid ladder player making posts in the OU forums that don’t hold anywhere near the same weight as top players like McMegan, Star, ABR, or Soulwind.
As someone who has tried to ger reqs before, it's difficult. Especially if your teambuilding fundamentals aren't all there. I'd be grinding for reqs myself right now, but I got sick. = n=

Just keep trying. If it gets too tilting, stop and move on. That's what I had to do during the first cheem poo suspect and one other one (I think it was Espathra)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)