Multi Gen Simple Questions, Simple Answers Mk. II (Read Before Making a Thread)

How so? Let's take Arceus-Ghost as an example. Zekrom deals 49.6 - 58.9% with Bolt Strike (assuming Scarf and Adamant Nature). Then, Arceus-Ghost simply burns it with Will-O-Wisp and Recover while Bolt Strike fails to KO.

Also, what exactly does Scarf Zekrom revenge? Not GeoXern. Not Mega Mence. Not Groudon-P. Not ExtremeKiller. This means it can't even do it's job properly, which is to revenge kill sweepers.

Sorry if it sounds unappreciative, just that on paper, at least, it seems to not be very good at doing what you claim it does.
It has enough defense to revenge kill Arceus normal if healthy also your Arceus Ghost stat is irrelevant because that means Arceus Ghost cannot switch in on it since it gets 2hko'ed like I said. And no what I'm saying is not only good on paper. I don't say shit only good on paper when I talk I talk facts and practice sir. I would like you to reread what i wrote, Some very solid teams have only Groudon as a Zekrom check. So it's used to overload Groudon and doing good support overall. It's also good to bring it vs some specific opponents in official tournaments. Enough to be in B rank.

It has enough defense to revenge kill Arceus normal if healthy also your Arceus Ghost stat is irrelevant because that means Arceus Ghost cannot switch in on it since it gets 2hko'ed like I said. And no what I'm saying is not only good on paper. I don't say shit only good on paper when I talk I talk facts and practice sir. I would like you to reread what i wrote, Some very solid teams have only Groudon as a Zekrom check. So it's used to overload Groudon and doing good support overall. It's also good to bring it vs some specific opponents in official tournaments. Enough to be in B rank.
he was stating that zekrom has very little defensive presence, which it really does lack, which you misread

edit: yeah okay, I'm not disagreeing per se but zekrom just isnt that good. Random Passerby feel free to nominate it man, you could make some solid points. I dont think zekrom is much better than scizor for example, and you could even try getting shitters like mmeta down so zekrom fits the way you want to rank it better. no harm in trying. tldr of what zekrom does: not much, it's not that great in practice

Last edited:
What are some of the mega Rayquaza sets that people were running when it was Uber?
Lum Berry/Life Orb Max attack Max Speed jolly/Adamant with Swords Dance/Dragon Dance,Dragon Accent,Earthquake,Extreme Speed
the spot of earthquake was changeable some used to run V-create/Draco Meteor/Overheat and that's it mainly.

I almost never saw a defensive xerneas on the ladder, while I almost prefere it to the geomancy set (Except for HO obv).
Is it underrated or just bad?

I almost never saw a defensive xerneas on the ladder, while I almost prefere it to the geomancy set (Except for HO obv).
Is it underrated or just bad?
Defensive Geomancy set with Geomancy/Rest/Sleep Talk/Moonblast is sometimes good vs specific opponents and on some specific teams so it's decent for me. However its a gamble since it's walled by Ho oh,Ferro and Aegislash hard so as I said it works in specific situations . However if you talking about the defensive set with Rest/Sleep Talk/Moonblast/Aromatherapy and leftovers it is indeed bad and unviable in Oras Ubers.

Defensive Geomancy set with Geomancy/Rest/Sleep Talk/Moonblast is sometimes good vs specific opponents and on some specific teams so it's decent for me. However its a gamble since it's walled by Ho oh,Ferro and Aegislash hard so as I said it works in specific situations . However if you talking about the defensive set with Rest/Sleep Talk/Moonblast/Aromatherapy and leftovers it is indeed bad and unviable in Oras Ubers.
I was talking about the second one, why is it ubviable?

SimontheDragon Minority suspect confused. It's not viable because it's a waste you can't check offensive pokemons with it well. Like you wanna tell me Xerneas with only an uninvited moonblast can handle Groudon,Ekiller nope. It's main role is to handle dark types like darkrai and yveltal and max defense max hp can't do that. That's why the same set with max spe def max hp is more viable.

Last edited:
Correct. If there is adequate interest in the Lower Tier Tournament next weekend (SIGN UP FOR BOTH OF THESE), there will be a circuit or a seasonal of some kind. I have yet to determine whether we will follow the format Doubles is using or do our own thing, but I can give you a solid answer and say that you will be hearing more about this in a week or so, provided you guys show me that there is enough interest in Ubers to make one successful. I want that style a tournament for the Ubers community in the worst way lol, there is zero reason for us not to have one if the interest is there but I want to avoid a UPL 1-esque disaster.

It's also likely that Fireburn and I will poll the community on several different "circuit / seasonal" options to determine what you guys would like, assuming LTT goes well. I'll clarify this with him when I get back from my cookout though.

Aberforth

is a Top Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Ubers Leader
Could you not have made them at times I physically cant be on at ;_;. In a bit more seriousness, there are about 5 of us here in Australia I've spoken to who would take part in this, but cant due to the times they are being held. It'd be nice to have the some times more favourable to Oceanic timezones.

What makes Reshiram D-rank (and hence useless in every way) in ORAS?
Reshiram gives 0 defensive synergy because it checks nothing with It's horrible typing. It's also 2 times weak to stealth rock and doesn't work well with any other popular offensive threat so it's never used. Kyurem-W present in B- rank is the better version of Reshiram and it totally outclasses it because it's faster and have higher base special attack. It also has good coverage and can be a one time check to kyogre because of its typing. However it still struggles with defensive synergy and is almost never used in official tours. So Reshiram who is the lesser version of Kyurem W(barely viable) is totally unviable and D is where it should be.

Why can't a Gliscor have the following set:

Gliscor (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Ice Fang
- Defog
- Toxic
- Swords Dance

Apparently it can't learn Defog because it's incompatible with it's ability or another move?

Krauersaut

h.t.d.t.
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus

Gliscor (M) @ Leftovers
Impish Nature
- Ice Fang
- Defog
- Toxic
- Swords Dance

Apparently it can't learn Defog because it's incompatible with it's ability or another move?
in-game mechanics, this is a question better suited for the Orange Islands subforum :]

edit: also you don't want to run swords dance, toxic and defog with 252 hp/252 def on any pokemon ever lol

Gliscor (M) @ Leftovers
Impish Nature
- Ice Fang
- Defog
- Toxic
- Swords Dance

mfw leftovers. Please replace Leftovers with Poison Orb to abuse you ability Poison Heal and recover 1/8 of your total hp instead of 1/16 with Leftovers.
Now I will reply in 2 major points:
1)Primal Kyogre is very popular and It has Rest for your Toxic, It resists Ice Fang which does 8% maximum and it one shots you back as show here:
0 Atk Gliscor Ice Fang vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Primal Kyogre: 25-29 (7.3 - 8.5%) -- possibly the worst move ever
252+ SpA Primal Kyogre Origin Pulse vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Gliscor in Heavy Rain: 956-1128 (270 - 318.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO
It also loses to almost everything in the tier with a weak attack like that.
2)Gliscor's only niche in Ubers is to set up Stealth Rock,check Ho oh and some Primal Groudons and also be a status absorber so use this set instead:
Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock/Protect/Knock Off
- Roost
- Earthquake
- Toxic

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)