Multi Gen Simple Questions, Simple Answers Mk. II (Read Before Making a Thread)

haxiom

God's not dead.
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Why can't a Gliscor have the following set:

Gliscor (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Ice Fang
- Defog
- Toxic
- Swords Dance

Apparently it can't learn Defog because it's incompatible with it's ability or another move?
Lord outrage is mostly correct, but this set is incompatible because of defog + poison heal.

Will Hoopa-Unbound have any noticeable effect on the Uber metagame? Seems a little too slow for the current meta, although its offensive stats backed by items seem really good, even by Uber standards.

Krauersaut

h.t.d.t.
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
It's definitely gonna up the viability of Trick Room, something unseen so far in competitive play this gen. It looks like a fucking terrifying wallbreaker, mixed or not, and it's typing and stats allow it to check Mewtwo, at least. I can even see Hoopa-Unbound with no item being used to take stuff such as Eviolite, Shed Shell, Leftovers, even Power Herb... hehehe, I'm gonna love this mon.

Will Hoopa-Unbound have any noticeable effect on the Uber metagame? Seems a little too slow for the current meta, although its offensive stats backed by items seem really good, even by Uber standards.
I personally don't think it will have any effect on ORAS Ubers. Let me give you the reasons:
1)This metagame is offensively oriented so with that low defense and speed it has no chance vs offensive teams. It will get OHKOed by common threats and if Scarfed it will be set up bait to ultra dangerous sweepers. Let me elaborate:
Vs Extreme Killer:
252+ Atk Life Orb Arceus Extreme Speed vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Hoopa: 266-316 (88.3 - 104.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
Vs Salamence:
252+ Atk Aerilate Mega Salamence Return vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Hoopa: 390-460 (129.5 - 152.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO
Vs Groudon:
252+ Atk Primal Groudon Precipice Blades vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Hoopa: 415-490 (137.8 - 162.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO
I can add tons of pokemons to that list like Rayquaza and Xerneas and others so It gives nothing defensively vs Offense and other archetypes too.
Now if you use Scarf you become set up beit for Xerneas or other dangerous pokemons.
2)Vs Balance, Arceus forms can just land in a toxic on it and with life orb it ain't lasting long not to say that some of them have Klefki who walls it completely.
3)Vs stall Clefable and Arceus Normal walls it.

Krauersaut stop shit posting you've been doing it a lot lately.
I'm curious to see what you can do with trickroom genius.

Last edited:

Krauersaut

h.t.d.t.
I'm not shitposting?? Trick Room just happens to fuck standard HO front to back lol. You shouldn't underestimate a 100 BP Dark type *PHYSICAL* move coming off of 160 base attack. ALSO:

[10:00:29] #Krauersaut: !learn hoopa-unbound, gunk shot
Hoopa-Unbound can learn Gunk Shot

idk what clefable and xern are doing vs that o.o

Assuming Life Orb, Arceus formes get 2hko'd by this thing dude lol. This thing is the definition of a wallbreaker. Like every mon, it has its weaknesses (particularly priority, in this case) but don't underestimate this thing.

You should be restrained from posting here you've been shit posting 2 much lately, the audience are new players and you're having an awful influence on them. How can your so called 100 base physical dark move 2hko Arceus Water with 252/200+ in defense ? can you stop posting false crap? also It's not easy to set up Trickroom vs standard HO because of taunt Deo S and the pressure that the other pokemons exert on common trick room users like Dialga or Diancie or whatever,,,
Next time think before posting. You are posting less than minute of when the questions are being posted. idk if you are doing that to increase your post count but you're giving nothing positive.

Last edited:

Minority

Numquam Vincar
is a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
It's slower, weaker, and more fragile than Reshiram. Magician sucks. What does this even switch into other than Mewtwo which isn't that relevant and can 2HKO after SR anyways? Other arbitrary psychics have methods of laying on decent damage or punishing it in other ways.

I'm not saying with assurance it will have absolutely no niche in ORAS Ubers based on theorymon alone, just that it looks mediocre. What role can this Pokemon actually fulfill?

Krauersaut

h.t.d.t.
Like Manaphy in OU, Hoopa-Unbound has a plethora of coverage moves it can run, all of which allow it to bypass most of its checks on any given team. It can't run all the moves it would theoretically have to, yes, but if running the right ones in a given matchup, it can still wallbreak with ease.

Know that I'm not so much pushing for a high viability ranking or anything like that, I'm just pointing out the potential in theorymon that I see with this mon. It's undoubtedly a wallbreaker, and I can see a set of Hyperspace Fury / Gunk Shot / Grass Knot / Filler performing decently with Life Orb, Choice Scarf or even no item all, for fun shenanigans said in my last post. It has issues getting in, but there are ways around that (slow U-turns, revenge killing, double switching, TRICK ROOM, etc. etc). On the Trick Room bit, it's something I've been playing around with since the beginning of this generation, but haven't quite been able to build a good team around yet, and this mon is absolutely made all the better by it. Diancie, Bronzong, Dialga and/or Gothitelle (lol hoopa-ub + gothitelle = fuck stall) are all very viable TR setters, and can set it up on many common threats in this meta.

tl;dr I'm not calling it an S-rank mon by any means. The original question asked was simply if it would have an impact on the metagame, to which the answer is more than likely a yes, and definitely from myself. Any opposing points can be gotten across by pointing the gun at the post, not the person who made it...

Krauersaut

h.t.d.t.
56 Evs in speed are enough to outspeed adamant rayquaza. so 252hp/200+defense is totally classic and viable. O god.
Way to totally miss the point of his post dude. Put simply: the answer to the original question is more than likely "yes", and I personally see the potential in it for sure. Steel was talking moreso about Trick Room than anything, nitpicking about an Arceus-Water EV spread is irrelevant (particularly since it gets 2hko'd by Grass Knot regardless lol.)

mfw leftovers. Please replace Leftovers with Poison Orb to abuse you ability Poison Heal and recover 1/8 of your total hp instead of 1/16 with Leftovers.
Leftovers is for extra recovery when coming into Lugia's Toxic. That means you have two things healing you at once.

252 HP / Def spread is vital to survive Mega Brokenmence's x2 Return.

Lord outrage is mostly correct, but this set is incompatible because of defog + poison heal.
But how? I don't see the connection.

Leftovers is for extra recovery when coming into Lugia's Toxic. That means you have two things healing you at once.

252 HP / Def spread is vital to survive Mega Brokenmence's x2 Return.

But how? I don't see the connection.
You can't rely on Lugia's Toxic just to get an additional 1/16 from leftovers. I mean you might play against hyper offense where there is not even one pokemon with Toxic or get burned by Ho oh. Use the set I gave you it's the only viable one.

Was Xerneas broken before PDon arrived?
not mega ray broken but there were people of the opinion that it was unbearable in xy. The problem was that there existed only a very limited number of fairy resists, none of them too splashable (klefki aside), and some would be-checks were cheesed away by mega gengar or just appropriate coverage (think chansey, heatran etc). Personally I think the problem lied in the fairy typing itself- making a 680 BST mon with that typing while there were no real answers of the same calibre aside Arceus-formes (think about the fact that there are no poison type 680 box legends). Ofc Ho-oh existed but we all know how exploitable it can be to have 4x a weakness to rock.

Was Xerneas broken before PDon arrived?
I think Hack and Apple said everything but wanna add something. I personaly think it was unbearable because of the very few possible checks/counters in general and specially ones possible to be used on HO. I remember being regularly swept by it depending on its coverage moves. It was horribly restricting team building too. For me it was more dangerous than Mega Mence equal to Primal Groudon since I rarely get swept by a Mence while Xerneas was a nightmare to me last gen but that's purely my opinion.

Hey, I was wondering if mega garchomp is considered an uber or not
No since it is nowhere near "overpowered", "overcentralizing" or "uncompetitive" - criterias that are normally being considered before doing a Suspect Test in OU. However, you can use it in Ubers (although I don't know why you would want to do that). Also, please don't type in bright colours. It hurts my eyes. Thirdly, this is an OU question and I recommend you read the OP of the OU SQSA thread before asking this sort of questions there.

How useful is Dragon Tail on Lugia (over Whirlwind)? I see it mentioned in the analysis. I know it obviously can't hit Fairy-types, and has less than perfect accuracy.

Krauersaut

h.t.d.t.
How useful is Dragon Tail on Lugia (over Whirlwind)? I see it mentioned in the analysis. I know it obviously can't hit Fairy-types, and has less than perfect accuracy.
Honestly, not at all - it escapes Taunt, yes, but you shouldn't be staying in on Taunt users in the first place.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)