Multi Gen Simple Questions, Simple Answers Mk. II (Read Before Making a Thread)

Aberforth

is a Top Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Ubers Leader
No flatter is not banned from competitive play. And all three conditions can stack, they are not mutually exclusive.

Cheers. Also what is the order in which they come into effect. I.E Probability of attract, probability of paralysis then probability of confusion hitting or paralysis, attract, confusion etc etc?

Merritt

no comment
is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host
Head TD
Cheers. Also what is the order in which they come into effect. I.E Probability of attract, probability of paralysis then probability of confusion hitting or paralysis, attract, confusion etc etc?
So it's unlikely that it's changed, but you'd need to ask somebody to actually look at the data or get a huge sample size to determine it empirically.

At least in Gen 4, it went Confusion -> Attract -> Paralysis

Source (with the other possible pieces):http://upokecenter.dreamhosters.com...rsion-and-platinum-version-before-the-attack/

Unfortunately the original site that hosted this has gone down, and the "before the attack" for BW was not saved, either there or in the wayback machine. Feel free to look for other resources, but it seems unlikely that confusion would have lost priority compared to the the other two.

This is presumably why a Pokemon who snaps out of confusion will get the message "____ snapped out of confusion" before the paralysis/attract message comes up.

I am a newbie to competitive , some of the things about IVs and Evs and such I say might be wrong or seem wrong, so don't hate...

This might be stupid, but I caught a Honedge that I evolved into a Doublade and then into an Aegislash and then moved it to AS from Y, but it has a nature that promotes special defence in exchange for physical attack. I want to use it for competitive, and since (correct me if I am wrong) the defensive and offensive stats are flipped, it shouldn't make a difference, should it?

I don't know about EVs and IVs, I don't think IVs make too much of a difference, given that stats go up only by 7 max, and EVs can be reset so I can grow it the way I want.

This is my current Aegislash

Aegislash ---Male
Stance Change
Shadow Ball
King's Shield
Sacred Sword
Iron Head

Any good Partners?
(Tell me EVs, moves, items and Natures, but not IVs)

Merritt

no comment
is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host
Head TD
So the way Stance Change works is that it changes the base stats, not the actual stats, which is why you EV offensive Aegislash in SpA or Atk. Unfortunately your Aegislash won't be particularly good for physical attacks. You possibly could make it work for Doubles though, but in Ubers the best Aegislash are specially defensive and use physical attacks in the form of Gyro Ball and Pursuit.

So the way Stance Change works is that it changes the base stats, not the actual stats, which is why you EV offensive Aegislash in SpA or Atk. Unfortunately your Aegislash won't be particularly good for physical attacks. You possibly could make it work for Doubles though, but in Ubers the best Aegislash are specially defensive and use physical attacks in the form of Gyro Ball and Pursuit.
yes so is the nature that I have good(Spd+, Atk -)

Merritt

no comment
Head TD
yes so is the nature that I have good(Spd+, Atk -)
Not in Ubers, and from what I know about Doubles they generally go for Quiet nature. In Ubers the loss of attack matters for Gyro Ball against GeoXern and not having a -Spe nature also hurts. Unfortunately I can't say that a +SpD -Atk Aegislash is viable in Ubers.

oh ok
Not in Ubers, and from what I know about Doubles they generally go for Quiet nature. In Ubers the loss of attack matters for Gyro Ball against GeoXern and not having a -Spe nature also hurts. Unfortunately I can't say that a +SpD -Atk Aegislash is viable in Ubers.
I'm sorry for bothering you, but is there any way to make it viable?

okay this may be a dumb question, but is flygon viable in the slightest? doesn't it stop primal groudon in its track + u-turn/defog support?

Unfixable,

Although the set for Ubers...

Flygon @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Defog
- Roost
- Toxic
- Earth Power

Can reliably use Defog on Primal Groudon, it is outclassed by many other Defog users. For example, unless Dragon Claw is packed, even Lati@s can reliably take out PDon's SR while actually being able to do other stuff (not to mention Flygon also falls to Dragon Claw). Plus, Draco Meteor 2HKOs PDon if you have Soul Dew, and can deal plenty of damage on other Pokemon. It has much more defensive prowess, and has the same immunities/resistances that Flygon uses against PDon, while ALSO resisting Solar Beam.

Merritt

no comment
Head TD
Unfixable,

Although the set for Ubers...

Flygon @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Defog
- Roost
- Toxic
- Earth Power

Can reliably use Defog on Primal Groudon, it is outclassed by many other Defog users. For example, unless Dragon Claw is packed, even Lati@s can reliably take out PDon's SR while actually being able to do other stuff (not to mention Flygon also falls to Dragon Claw). Plus, Draco Meteor 2HKOs PDon if you have Soul Dew, and can deal plenty of damage on other Pokemon. It has much more defensive prowess, and has the same immunities/resistances that Flygon uses against PDon, while ALSO resisting Solar Beam.
A pretty big difference is that Flygon resists rock, so while Stone Edge always 2HKOs Latios after rocks, Flygon can take hits for days. Pdon also runs Twave somewhat commonly, which Latios enjoys about as much as Kyogre enjoyed the shift to ORAS, while Flygon is immune.
0 Atk Primal Groudon Stone Edge vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Latios: 145-171 (48 - 56.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
252+ Atk Primal Groudon Stone Edge vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Flygon: 64-75 (17.5 - 20.6%) -- possible 5HKO after Stealth Rock

In addition, Flygon can hit Klefki much more effectively than Latios, and Toxic also helps mess with bulkier teams. It's not a great Pokemon, hence why it's C+ and Latios is up in A, but at the same time it's also a barely decent defogger and Pdon check. In addition, Solarbeam is irrelevant except on special Pdon, who usually runs Dragon Pulse, which both outdamages Solarbeam on both and 2HKOs after rocks either way. Latios is a better Pokemon for most teams, and it's usually a perfectly acceptable Pdon check, but it doesn't directly outclass Flygon, otherwise it would not be ranked.

the biggest pro that flygon has over latios is that it doesn't lose to the best pdon set - twave sr pdon.

Fireburn

BARN ALL
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
A pretty cool point in Flygon's favor is U-turn access, which goes some way towards making up for its lack of offensive power.

Six Trails

formerly Analytic_
Just going to ask, is there ANY justifiable reason to use Mega Metagross on an Ubers team?

Also, a second question: Has Kyurem-B been rejected for an Ubers analysis?

Last edited:

Fireburn

BARN ALL
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Just going to ask, is there ANY justifiable reason to use Mega Metagross on an Ubers team?

Also, a second question: Has Kyurem-B been rejected for an Ubers analysis?
M-Gross sort of has a niche as a Lati/Xerneas check that can threaten Fire-types, but it costs the Mega slot and is easily worn down due to the lack of Leftovers. It is also somewhat wanting as a Pursuit user since Gengar easily beats it.

Kyurem-B I played around with a little bit, it's kind of fun to use over Kyurem-W because of Fusion Bolt but I couldn't recommend it on any serious team. It would probably be rejected if brought up for an analysis.

when xerneas and Yveltal are facing each other or are on the same team (double battle), their both auras are active or it works like weather, the last aura ability to enter the field is the active ?

Inspirited

There is usually higher ground.
is a Contributor Alumnus
when xerneas and Yveltal are facing each other or are on the same team (double battle), their both auras are active or it works like weather, the last aura ability to enter the field is the active ?
No, both aura can be active at the same time as far as I am aware. They are both field-wide effects, but they don't interfere with each other. If both Xerneas and Yveltal are out on the field, all Fairy- and Dark-type attacks will be boosted by 1.333x damage. The only thing Fairy and Dark Aura will check for is Zygarde's Aura Break, which turns both of the ability's 1.333x buffs into 0.666x nerfs, and it will affect both abilities at the same time if Xerneas, Yveltal, and Zygarde are out on the field, which I don't see happening often to be honest.

Reactions: BCE

Six Trails

formerly Analytic_
Is Recover preferred over Roost for Ho-Oh because it doesn't make Ho-Oh susceptible to Ground-type attacks? Or was it just listed on Ho-Oh's sets without that much thought put behind it?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)