Simple Questions/Requests - Mark 37 (Minor Pokemon Trades, Item Requests etc GO HERE) (NO HACKING)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Normal Lucario is kinda slow though... and he's destroyed by most scarf users and Talonflame :/ (I suppose you could argue ExtremeSpeed out-priorities and OHKOs, but if he gets caught on the setup...)
I honestly don't know, Mega Kangaskhan is gonna be a staple on most teams and he can outspeed Lucario and OHKO with a Parental Bond Earthquake. Gah... this tournament is going to be a pain with uber megas and Xern/Yveltal involved.
What about Dragon Dance Scrafty for just Kangaskhan? With Dual Screens, I can easily build on the 1/4th effective Priority moves, and I could probably toss Zen Headbutt for Ice Punch if need be.

You may say "but wait Scrafty isn't in OU, that'd just be silly", but the only real threat it'd face with Dual Screens would be Fighting and Fairy types, and Espeon and Charizard Y both help deal with them.

Or, alternatively, I could run Swords Dance Life Orb Scizor, and Vaporeon could provide the pivot in case any offensive Fire types try to take him on.

lats

formerly lockiegengar12
What about Dragon Dance Scrafty for just Kangaskhan? With Dual Screens, I can easily build on the 1/4th effective Priority moves, and I could probably toss Zen Headbutt for Ice Punch if need be.

You may say "but wait Scrafty isn't in OU, that'd just be silly", but the only real threat it'd face with Dual Screens would be Fighting types, and Espeon helps deal with them.
I just found out that Scrafty gets Ice Punch as an EM... lol. I would personally try it out.
Scizor might be a possiblity to handle Mega-Kanga.

I'm looking to get a new cartridge Chansey if I need egg moves, I was wondering if I should replace Protect with Aromatherapy/Heal Bell or replace something else:
-Seismic Toss
-Soft-Boiled
-Protect
-Toxic

Also, would people prefer Aromatherapy or Heal Bell for shiny Chansey, or would it be irrelevant even if Aromatherapy matches it more?

lats

formerly lockiegengar12
I'm looking to get a new cartridge Chansey if I need egg moves, I was wondering if I should replace Protect with Aromatherapy/Heal Bell or replace something else:
-Seismic Toss
-Soft-Boiled
-Protect
-Toxic

Also, would people prefer Aromatherapy or Heal Bell for shiny Chansey, or would it be irrelevant even if Aromatherapy matches it more?
Run Aromatherapy over Protect ;)

Hmm, I'll probably use Ice Punch / Crunch / Drain Punch / Dragon Dance Scrafty as a 5th, but I need somebody for a 6th to deal with Talonflame. What about Life Orb Jolteon? Moves faster at full IVs, and I can probably use an HP Poison to deal with Fairy types. Or, alternatively, Chlorophyll Sweeper Venusaur with HP Rock/Solar Beam/Sludge Bomb/Toxic could be viable, and unexpected, but I'd need to have him in before Talonflame.

Last edited:

zero2exe

Veteran Breeder - Expert Translator
is a Contributor Alumnus
Hmm, I'll probably use Ice Punch / Crunch / Drain Punch / Dragon Dance Scrafty as a 5th, but I need somebody for a 6th to deal with Talonflame. What about Life Orb Jolteon?
If you're worried about talonflame you could use a Weak Armor Omastar (Hail Helix Fossil!), it resists all of talonflame's attacks and also gets a speed boost on the switch in + a turn to shell smash when the bird switches out.

lats

formerly lockiegengar12
Hmm, I'll probably use Ice Punch / Crunch / Drain Punch / Dragon Dance Scrafty as a 5th, but I need somebody for a 6th to deal with Talonflame. What about Life Orb Jolteon?
Maybe, but Jolteon still takes a lot of damage from Brave Bird, and if you switch him into a Brave-Birding Talonflame it's an easy 2HKO. Jolteon has pretty major coverage issues. I'd still use it though, I really like Jolteon and he can even be a half decent pivot. Personally I'd use Thunderbolt/Shadow Ball/HP Ice/Volt Switch but Shadow Ball can probably be chucked for something I can't remember.
If you still have issues even with Jolteon, I'd just run something common-as-dirt like Rotom-W to counter it.

Maybe, but Jolteon still takes a lot of damage from Brave Bird, and if you switch him into a Brave-Birding Talonflame it's an easy 2HKO. Jolteon has pretty major coverage issues. I'd still use it though, I really like Jolteon and he can even be a half decent pivot. Personally I'd use Thunderbolt/Shadow Ball/HP Ice/Volt Switch but Shadow Ball can probably be chucked for something I can't remember.
If you still have issues even with Jolteon, I'd just run something common-as-dirt like Rotom-W to counter it.
HP Ice would be okay, but I have Scrafty with Ice Punch for that, since it is much bulkier and can gain a Moxie boost off of Garchomp, whereas HP Rock would OHKO Talonflame on Jolteon. Also, Jolteon has literally no other moves aside from Shadow Ball, Thunderbolt, and Volt Switch (not counting Hyper Beam which wouldn't be worth it). The only viable move would be Cute Charm or Baby-Doll Eyes, but Jolteon's so frail I doubt even with Dual Screens and a BD Eyes/Cute Charm it'd survive any attackfrom Garchomp.

Also, I didn't consider Omastar, I think that'd be pretty viable, maybe I'll leave Jolteon out for it.

lats

formerly lockiegengar12
HP Ice would be okay, but I have Scrafty with Ice Punch for that, since it is much bulkier and can gain a Moxie boost off of Garchomp, whereas HP Rock would OHKO Talonflame on Jolteon. Also, Jolteon has literally no other moves aside from Shadow Ball, Thunderbolt, and Volt Switch (not counting Hyper Beam which wouldn't be worth it). The only viable move would be Cute Charm or Baby-Doll Eyes, but Jolteon's so frail I doubt even with Dual Screens and a BD Eyes/Cute Charm it'd survive any attackfrom Garchomp.

Also, I didn't consider Omastar, I think that'd be pretty viable, maybe I'll leave Jolteon out for it.
I see a lot of Garchomps with Focus Sash/Swords Dance around these days, it always surprises me when they easily OHKO my greninja with earthquake after taking Ice Beam or Outrage my +1 multiscale dragonite ._.
I would suggest you use Azumarill, but if you're using him on the same team as Charizard his Aqua Jets will be too weak.
Omastar is an interesting choice, I think it'd be funny to use him against these OU monsters (I have been swept by Shell Smash Omastars before though) but as I said above, his Hydro Pumps will be a lot weaker with Drought in place. You could of course simply use Omastar before Charizard, or not even mega evolve him until Omastar is out, but Charizard would annihilate stuff that blocks Omastar like Rotom-W.

Would Gyro Ball or Toxic Spikes be viable on Omastar? I don't have enough time to play an RNG game to get HP Grass.

Also, I'd probably use Omastar before Charizard, assuming I used them together (this is where Scrafty or Jolteon would come in).

I should be able to breed a timid one.
Cool, see anything in my thread you want?
I also have a few BS that I can't be arsed to add to my thread OP:

Pinsir| Adamant| Mold Breaker| Quick Attack|31|31|31|31|31|31
Marill| Adamant| Huge Power| Aqua Jet| Superpower| Belly Drum| 31|31|31|31|31|31
Larvitar| Careful| Dragon Dance| Pursuit| Curse| Stealth Rock| 31|31|31|x|31|31

I'm pretty sure for your own you can only ask people who have been to yours. If you'd like we could check each-other's, since I still don't know what mine is.
I'm pretty sure there was a thread or something somewhere on these forums specifically for sharing Friend Safari information. Like a giant list, with everyone listing their Friend Safari info (the type of their Safari and the Pokemon that appear in it), and then others would look at the list and pinpoint the people with the specific Safaris that they wanted.

Either way, I'm fine exchanging FS info with you, if just to help you out. I already know my Friend Safari info.

I'm pretty sure there was a thread or something somewhere on these forums specifically for sharing Friend Safari information. Like a giant list, with everyone listing their Friend Safari info (the type of their Safari and the Pokemon that appear in it), and then others would look at the list and pinpoint the people with the specific Safaris that they wanted.

Either way, I'm fine exchanging FS info with you, if just to help you out. I already know my Friend Safari info.
What is your FS, then? I've been looking for some good FS's for special balls and such. I don't really need to know mine, but a good FS would be great, I haven't had any good ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)