Shiny Charm and Masuda Method

Hey guys! I finally got my shiny froakie at 738th egg. It has hidden ability and 5 perfect iv but unfortunately doesn't have the special attack one. I hope it's not so low. :)
Edit: I made it level up while ev training, then I checked it's special attack iv up, it's 26-28. I'm ok with that! Now I can use it in competitive battles! :D
Edit2: There were 2 more eggs in my party. They are not shiny. So in total 740 eggs, 1 shiny.

Last edited:
Still accepting volunteers? I will do a 120 batch (4 boxes) of quiet Honedge an ENG female 6iv, and a JPN male 5iv.

Last edited:
Finished original 300 with no shiny so I'm switching parents.
6iv French zubat x 6iv american zubat.
Both have egg moves brave bird and steel wing and are jolly.

I've decided to breed for a shiny mudkip.
I'll pledge 300 eggs for now.

Note: If anyone's interested, I have some leftover 5IV impish mudkips with curse, yawn, double-edge, and iceball.

Sorry I'm late but me and my friend have been breeding pokemon and between the two of us, we've had 3 shinies out of 554 total eggs hatched. I don't know if this helps you, and we both have Charms, but thats just been our luck so far.

If you ask me, I think it works. I made a point to Masuda breed a shiny before getting the charm, and it took about 1,263 eggs for only one. The charm has to affect breeding.

I didn't mean that the shiny charm doesn't work, it just doesn't seem to be giving me any luck with breeding x_x I'm nearing 1500 eggs now and no shiny, however yesterday I took a break to practice chaining with the pokeradar and I was able to get a shiny ducklett at a chain of 15. I definitely think it influenced that.
I didn't mean that the shiny charm doesn't work, it just doesn't seem to be giving me any luck with breeding x_x I'm nearing 1500 eggs now and no shiny, however yesterday I took a break to practice chaining with the pokeradar and I was able to get a shiny ducklett at a chain of 15. I definitely think it influenced that.
wow...you're lucky...coz shiny charm doesn't work so well in pokeradar...

I have a (maybe) silly question about the Masuda Method xD I have my version in the ENG region, is it okay if i try MM a SPA Axew and a JPN Ditto? Or it doesn't matter?

I have a (maybe) silly question about the Masuda Method xD I have my version in the ENG region, is it okay if i try MM a SPA Axew and a JPN Ditto? Or it doesn't matter?
Yeah that would work. The pokémon just have to be from different regions, but it's not necessary to have one from your own region.

I decided to hatch 1200 Froakies (40 Boxes) , i finished today. 2 were shiny, one on my 7th egg and one on my 922nd egg. I do have the shiny charm, and i think it worked because I hatched one shiny for every 600 eggs. The odds without the shiny charm are pretty much double that.

I just finished my first 540 eggs pledge with 0 shiny hatched.
I'm pledging 540 more.

Total: 540
Shinies: 0

Second pledge

Batch 1:
Batch 2: 0
Batch 3: 0
Batch 4: 0
Batch 5: 0

Total: 990
Shinies: 0

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)