SPOILERS! Scarlet & Violet: The Teal Mask

You don't need a pokémon that shares an egg group anymore, just one that knows the move.
true, however, that is what im betting.

Story Spoilers Ahead
I had a theory that the menacing music around Ogerpon was a fake out to catch us off guard with a shyamalan twist of sorts.
Ogerpon is the victim, and the Loyal Three are bullies.

So BM Ursaluna gets high Sp. Atk, Good HP, better Def, calm mind, healing in Moonlight, and priority in Vacuum Wave. It feels like it will be different to Hisuian Ursaluna but might be good in it's own right.
Edit: Also it's probably good that it was made a special attacker so it can stand out from the other Ursaluna. And can we talk about how the more metal and terrifying variant is apparently the calmer more spiritually enlightened of the two? It's weird right?

So far from the initial spread sheets:

BM Ursa is just nerfed Ursa, i guess? Bear went to rehab and is not on cocaine anymore.

The trio looks weird. Fezandipiti beeing the utility one with Technician and the better typing lol. The psychic one looks the better one, the fighting looks like it will be overshadowed by Sneasler.

Dipplin is sad and Sinistcha not getting Shell Smash is a crime, but heatproof is cool.

idk how the masks works, but the Sp. Def. raising Grass/Water would be great on Gen 3/4 ubers where Scarf/Specs Kyogre Water Spout all around anything, even the weird spdef Ludicolos.

BM Ursa is just nerfed Ursa, i guess? Bear went to rehab and is not on cocaine anymore.

The trio looks weird. Fezandipiti beeing the utility one with Technician and the better typing lol. The psychic one looks the better one, the fighting looks like it will be overshadowed by Sneasler.

Dipplin is sad and Sinistcha not getting Shell Smash is a crime, but heatproof is cool.

idk how the masks works, but the Sp. Def. raising Grass/Water would be great on Gen 3/4 ubers where Scarf/Specs Kyogre Water Spout all around anything, even the weird spdef Ludicolos.
Ursaluna is Ursaluna BM after rehap, this one is on crack

No BM Ursa is a special attacking Ursaluna that can actually play tanky since it's not bleeding HP via burn. Given better scrappy, high Sp.A, recovery, priority, calm mind and good coverage with moonblast it could end up being better or at least different.

I am sad that Marshadow didn't make the cut, but upon seeing this morning that Darkrai did I immediately grabbed my shiny GO Darkrai out of PLA and threw it into SV. It's only level 49, so perfect for an in-game run.

C'mon Game Freak, Marshadow in part 2 pleeeease

I am sad that Marshadow didn't make the cut, but upon seeing this morning that Darkrai did I immediately grabbed my shiny GO Darkrai out of PLA and threw it into SV. It's only level 49, so perfect for an in-game run.

C'mon Game Freak, Marshadow in part 2 pleeeease
To be fair the theme with this one seemed to be "Japan" so we got the tanabata Pokemon and the rest of the Sinnoh mythics.

We're going to America next time so maybe we'll see it, zeraora and the other unova mythics there!

To be fair the theme with this one seemed to be "Japan" so we got the tanabata Pokemon and the rest of the Sinnoh mythics.

We're going to America next time so maybe we'll see it, zeraora and the other unova mythics there!
That's what I'm hoping! Or I will be forever annoyed that Raifort has a Marshadow hairclip despite it not making it into the game. (Yes, I remember Clara's dustox theme despite no dustox in SwSh, I will still be annoyed :P )

Just had the epiphany that the addition of a knock off TM renders an illegality I pointed out a while back legal again. Knock Off Tinkatink is now free from its esoteric gay baby jail.

Sorry for fucking with your format for exactly 3 months, LC players :zonger:
And I was just starting to get into LC

Does Blueberry Academy have Florida’s Laws or…

termi

bike is short for bichael
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributor
New Knock Off learners not yet mentioned in the OP;
  • Infernape
  • Morpeko
  • Swanna (also gets Flip Turn!)
  • Trevenant
  • Spidops
  • Arbok
  • Poliwrath
  • Ariados
Some very curious distribution going on with Knock Off this gen, apparently they have decided that it makes sense for snakes to learn this move since both Arbok and Seviper got access to it. The same apparently goes for spiders since both Spidops and Ariados learn it, kinda curious how that's supposed to work with the latter in particular. Swanna I guess sorta makes sense by virtue of Pelipper also getting the move and because swans are known to have powerful wings? Swalot, Gengar, and Falinks also kinda puzzle me.

Scyther also has lost access to Knock Off in addition to Landorus and the Pawniard line, but Scizor does still get Knock Off. None of the Knock Off compatibility retcons are especially logical from a flavor perspective, but at least with Lando and Pawniard they clearly did it for balancing purposes. Why Scyther in particular also had to be the victim of this is unclear to me though, unless they just really don't want Kleavor to learn it fsr?

E: oh yeah Toxapex also lost Knock Off, as did Alomomola. Cryogonal also doesn't have access to it, maybe they recognized that an ice crystal learning it was kind of a stretch but it's a bummer since it barely has a movepool to begin with.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)