SPOILERS! Scarlet & Violet Leaks Thread - Data/Mechanics

Its ability makes voice moves (including psychic noise) water type. But it is a useless ability as Primarina doesn't learn BoomBurst and the type change isn't accompanied by a boost.
Therefore Primarina likes to have Torrent as its ability.
That's actually incorrect. Primarina learns Hyper Voice, which differently from Sparkling aria, doesn't hit the partner, so makes it the preferred ability for doubles.

Not that you smogon players would understand that official formats exist :wo:

Its ability makes voice moves (including psychic noise) water type. But it is a useless ability as Primarina doesn't learn BoomBurst and the type change isn't accompanied by a boost.
Therefore Primarina likes to have Torrent as its ability.
Well water type psychic noise is so much better than psychic type version. Primarina can absolutely run a CM stallbreaker niche with this new tool.

Rest/CM/water type psychic noise/moonblast is that insane? Either way hatterene is the clear best user of psychic noise

Just like Ogerpon, Terapagos's Tera Type cannot be changed. Also confirming that upon Terastallisation, Terapagos's HP will increase to match the stats of its Stellar form. Mine went from 274 HP (Level 85, base 90 HP, 31 IVs, no EV's) to 393 HP (this matches a Base 160 HP stat of its Stellar form).

I thought it would work like this! While I'm disappointed Terapagos doesn't have Moonlight or Recover, this is at least a consolation prize for recovery.

One thing that's been very striking to me about Indigo Disk is how weirdly Alola-coded it is? The Coastal Biome is one giant Alola circlejerk with its Pokemon and trainers from there all over the place and even aside from that while most of the old starters get used by someone, Primarina and Incineroar feature most prominently on BB League member teams

If this is at all meant to insinuate that the increasingly inevitable BW3 is going to be featuring a great deal of Alola connections and fanservice I am already in hype overdrive
This is my hope now, that the missing gen 7 mythicals get shoehorned in to Legends Unova and that's why they weren't added in ID despite all of the alola connections. :changry: (He says, knowing that not all mythicals were available in gen 8 and GameFreak more likely views the situation as "they're available in at least one game on the switch").

The dex omissions have really thrown a wrench into my team building for ID. In addition to Marshadow, Zeraora and Genesect were considerations for team slots, and I would have liked to use Naganadel too.

Of the mons available in the new dex, while there are a bunch that I like and haven't used on a team before, I'm having trouble finding a combination that feels right. I'm glad to hear that the new paradoxes are an option if I grind catching, but I'm still not sure I want to use them - I wish they had changed up Raikou's head more. But maybe the in-game models will grow on me.

I still find a shame that the Legend Plate wasn't implemented in a regular game. Or that Silvally didn't get an equivalent memory.

Still, seeing SV focus on type changing, yet another mechanic for it could be a tad too much. Hoping the next game gets it tho, it would be fun.

I’m kinda bummed not to see Silvally this time around generally. Could be majorly buffed with at least some recovery move, and lower tier Arceus is nice. Looking at the list of not included mons wish it and the Tapus were here, pretty fine not having the rest. With Quark Drive and other additions it seems like Terrain teams couldve been a more viable archetype than any other gen.

I still find a shame that the Legend Plate wasn't implemented in a regular game. Or that Silvally didn't get an equivalent memory.

Still, seeing SV focus on type changing, yet another mechanic for it could be a tad too much. Hoping the next game gets it tho, it would be fun.
Yeah... the funny part about it is that its in the data for the game... just doesn't work when given to Arceus.

Kind of an out-of-nowhere question, but does anyone have examples of returning mons who got their models revamped? I’ve really been enjoying Gamefreak going back and changing outdated/wonky models in Gen 9 and I wanna see if they changed any more. (BTW, I already know they remodeled the Johto legendary duo, they look excellent!)

BONUS: Here’s another pic of the remodeled Kanto starters posted by Nintendo’s Twitter, they look so jolly and full of life now, especially Venusaur :D View attachment 579676
Here’s a slight tweak I noticed with Blaziken when I fought Crispin. The model itself is the same (albeit updated with textures and whatnot) but it has a new idle pose in battle. It’s a bit hard to tell because the image I got is blurry, so focus the slight difference in the arm and leg posing.
IMG_1611.jpeg
IMG_1613.png

I will post more model/animation changes when I find them while playing!

Looking through the lists of data by @mattyoukhana_ on twitter and I noticed something strange:
  • Terapagos has a 50/50 gender ratio for some reason?
  • The one you can obtain is set to be male anyway??
  • Actually, it seems like all the static encounters are set to be male when eligible
  • ...Although this seems to include Gouging Fire and Raging Bolt???
    Screenshot 2023-12-15 115216.png

Am I reading this right????

Looking through the lists of data by @mattyoukhana_ on twitter and I noticed something strange:
  • Actually, it seems like all the static encounters are set to be male when eligible
    View attachment 580023
I'm not the expert, but neither are you the first I've seen reporting this exact same oddity. Either the data was transcribed incorrectly, or the game's spaghetti code is just so inconsistent as to make a gender-locked encounter out of a 50/50 species. I lean towards the latter interpretation because I recall there being some similar weirdness when Iron Leaves and Walking Wake first dropped—they were flagged male but proven genderless in practice.

The question then is what the hell GameFreak actually intended. Is Terapagos supposed to be strictly male or even genderless like the other static encounters whereas they overlooked their own species data? Or is it simply a gendered species whose unique spawn inherited some rotten copypaste from those same other encounters?

Whatever the case, you're not alone in sensing it doesn't add up. Even HOME is saying female Terapagos is supposed to be at least obtainable.

I'm not the expert, but neither are you the first I've seen reporting this exact same oddity. Either the data was transcribed incorrectly, or the game's spaghetti code is just so inconsistent as to make a gender-locked encounter out of a 50/50 species. I lean towards the latter interpretation because I recall there being some similar weirdness when Iron Leaves and Walking Wake first dropped—they were flagged male but proven genderless in practice.

The question then is what the hell GameFreak actually intended. Is Terapagos supposed to be strictly male or even genderless like the other static encounters whereas they overlooked their own species data? Or is it simply a gendered species whose unique spawn inherited some rotten copypaste from those same other encounters?

Whatever the case, you're not alone in sensing it doesn't add up. Even HOME is saying female Terapagos is supposed to be at least obtainable.
This is just a guess, but it wouldn't surprise me if the anime's Terapagos is meant to be a girl to go with Liko. Maybe we'll get a female "Liko's Terapagos" at some point.

This is just a guess, but it wouldn't surprise me if the anime's Terapagos is meant to be a girl to go with Liko. Maybe we'll get a female "Liko's Terapagos" at some point.
perhaps, but i think a more likely option is that they just fucked it up. this wouldn't be the only mistake they made in this dlc—they accidentally coded it so that the ivs for the new static legendary encounters don't have the regular 3 guaranteed perfect ones, which is actually better for those of us who want 0 attack/speed ivs on something

I always refer to "smogon players" or "smogoons" if you prefer people who still think the games are designed/balanced around 6v6 singles that allow entire pokedex including mythicals and (in the past) transfer pokemon, and then complain when they don't work out, who don't have enough insight to realize this isn't and never was what the games were built upon and that they're trying to play 5 man Soccer with a Rugby ball in a 100 meter field and complain when it doesn't work.

And every other day there's more of you that proves that the deprecative name I use is not incorrect.

Also, this is the section of the site for "non competitive" gameplay, leaks/datamine or not. You're free to complain about Gholdengo and lack of Defog in the actual competitive forums, as anyone who plays VGC knows why Defog TM is never returning.
Hi. I am mostly lurking this thread for info dumps. I just want to say as someone who has won money playing / housed and driven people for / ran big projects to help provide Pokémon for VGC official events that the animosity towards Smogon formats by someone who I’ve only only ever seen posting in the casual section of the site feels weird and snippy. Smogon smooths out a desire people have to play 6v6 Pokemon and with the whole Pokédex in the absence of rare to no official support. It makes use of the tools we have for an alternative gameplay format that the series itself formats 98% of its battle in. Having participated in and at times helped run a physical IRL officially supported Pokemon League for like a decade, kids jump at 6v6 for play initially because they just want to play like they did in game. They also got pretty confused in Gen 6 and 7 why they couldn’t use their older Pokemon for the official tournaments we sometimes held. People like playing 6v6 singles! Complaints about how the tools have changed any given generation aren’t some grand crack in the foundation that there’s no point in playing Pokemon the way that a lot of people want to play Pokemon.

Maybe a big post dragging this isn’t appropriate, but I’ve seen you posting like this for several release cycles now. As someone who’s big on in game mechanics and casual play, and plays the official 3v3 singles format almost exclusively as his preferred competitive Pokemon vector, I think this attitude is annoying! Leave this sort of thing back in 2012 when the wounds were fresh from the great schism. It’s time to move on and let people play how they want to play, and not chastise people for how you think the figment of them in your head treats others.

He does have a point, however, ToudenkiHou is something lightning blaster, and KimaguLaser is Wonderous Laser, like how wonderous atlantis is, the place where the fictional material Orichalcum originated in. So I believe that KL is Koraidon, and TH is Miraidon, based on how Miraidons Violet dex entry mentions i, quote,
VioletThis seems to be the Iron Serpent mentioned in an old book. The Iron Serpent is said to have turned the land to ash with its lightning.
So yeah, I believe that Light just made a little mistake, it's alright, we're only human, after all.
I wanted to come back to this in hindsight because a lot of people were thinking this was about Koraidon and Miraidon's tera forms because of Light's speculation, when battle states just refer to these messages for Pokemon actions that appear in battle. The more you know!

1702667138606.png

TyoudenkiHou is the state for Electro Shot charging up, which was actually noted early on but underlooked, and makes sense for the name.
KimaguLaser refers to Fickle Beam's all out attack, since it's just the move's Japanese name and kimagure can mean fickle. Of note is that it only has one text variant.
terasushell is just Tera Shell.

I wonder if Sceptile might have marginal viability as a Shed Tail user in UUbers. Not really speaking to any particular trait I can think of just wondering if there’s anything that would set it apart enough from Cyclizar to give it a niche. A kinda unexpected addition to its movepool.

According to its dex entries, it was apparently a normal species of Pokemon that went (nearly) extinct long ago, so most likely the 50:50 ratio was intentional and it's currently glitched

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
    View attachment 580023
Gender is a spectrum variable between 0-255 which is then compared with the species's gender ratio (also a number between 0-255) to determine the specimen's gender. If the species's ratio is 0, it will be male-only; 254 means it's female-only, and 255 means it's genderless.

My guess is that, as that value would be useless in Raging Bolt and Gouging Fire anyway (because their species' ratio is 255), the dev responsible for the static encounters just gave the specimen's gender a value of 0 without giving a second thought, and the script the dataminers used for DLC2 caught the data and interpreted it as "gender: male".

...but then there's Terapagos lmao. It's also possible that they gender-locked it for lore reasons (so a potential "Liko's Terapagos" eventmon could be female) and copypasted the values for the other legendaries. I wouldn't put it past them, considering how they fucked up with Cleffa and Azurill decades ago.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 16)