SPOILERS! Scarlet & Violet Leaks Thread - Data/Mechanics

I think the Momotaro Pokemon, aka the presumed leader of the Loyal Three, is that 8th Pokemon we don't know about in Indigo Disk. The Loyal Three are called "Retainer Pokemon" which implies they have a leader, and that could very well be one of our 8 Pokemon in ID.

Take that in tandem with the rest we know, and that makes the 8 new mons in Indigo Disk the following:

1. Archaludon
  2. Dipplin evolution
  3. Momotaro Pokemon (Loyal Three Leader)
  4. Raging Bolt
  5. Iron Crown
  6. Ancient Entei
  7. Future Terrakion
  8. Terapagos
There was always one ambiguous slot among them but that one spare slot being the Loyal Three's leader and another sub-legendary is very believable.
Aparently There will be Tera Forms for the Eliete 4, and Terapagos, but what about Koraidon and Miraidon, as they had signature items that were cut, maybe they are back in DLC 2?

I'm doing a comparison between the DLC TM moves in SV and the last game those moves were teachable in (either as TM or Tutor) and so far my most hilarious finding is that WAY more Pokémon GAINED Knock Off (38) than lost access to it (13). And the losing access list is soooo funny.

Gastly
Haunter
Scyther
Azurill
Shuppet
Alomomola
Cryogonal
Pawniard
Bisharp
Landorus
Mareanie
Toxapex
Steenee

Prevos of guys who still get it but have small or no arms. Cryogonal who it always seemed weird on. Then just PEX LANDO BISHARP ALOMO BYEBYE LOOOOLLLL
Lando losing it is somewhat weird; both Tornadus and Thundurus get it (and did in the past, along with Landorus), but the newly added Enamorus doesn't. Despite Enamorus having the same lower BST as its other brothers, its movepool has more similarities with Landorus IIRC, so maybe there's some consistency. I could definitely see Pex being an intentional exclusion, but unless Alomomola was ever a meta Pokémon in VGC, I'm guessing that one just falls under the "no arms" umbrella.

Pawniard and Bisharp (and by extension Kingambit) could be an intentional exclusion for power reasons, but I'm also inclined to believe that there was internal logic to the exclusion. Scyther also lost access to Knock Off (but not Scizor!), which tells me that they don't really want Pokémon that only have blades as primary appendages learning the move. I guess this more applies to Pawniard, since Bisharp and Kingambit do have little nub hands, but I think there is some actual reasoning behind it.

I disagree with them removing it from Toxapex as I am in the "Knock Off is intended to be a utility move" camp, despite its massive power buff and further conditional power boost remaining intact from Gen 6. Clearly Game Freak doesn't agree with me, and they're at least somewhat okay with its rather messed up position as the strongest reliable Dark move. They've proven that they're okay with reducing the power on attacks if necessary, but it's been rare to see it happen, with Grassy Glide and Sucker Punch being the biggest nerf recipients, and those are both priority attacks. I'd like them to tone Knock Off down but I don't expect to see it. Instead I suspect we'll see them continue to do distribution damage control like what happened to the Pokémon you listed here.

There is no evidence that those are cut items for Koraidon/Miraidon. It’s an assumption, don’t spread it around as fact just yet.
Sorry, I have a hard time communicating "properly" whether online or in person. But that is off topic, so lets talk Indigo Disk. Specifically, the leaked Pokemon, courtesy of Makio and Jroses
-All Past Starter Pokemon Catchable in the Wild
-Vileplume and Bellosm
-Tentacrool
-Dodrio
-Dewgong
-Exeggutor
-the Hitmons
-Ryhperior
-Magmortar
-Electevire (not official)
-Porygon (not official)
-Lanturn (not official)
-Granbull
-Skarmory
-Smeargle
-The Hoenn Electric Rats
-Flygon
-Metagross
-The Sinnoh Fossils
-Zebstrika
-Excadrill (not official)
-Whimsicott
-Scrafty
-Cincinno (not official)
-Reuniclus
-Galvantula (not official)
-Golurk
-Meowstic
-Malamar
-Toucannon
-Araquanid (not official)
-Comfey (not official)
-Minior (not official)
-Alcremie
-Duraludon
link to the Makio and Jroses website here:
https://www.pokeos.com/dex/?f=dlcleak&sv=true&page=1

The problem with the Momotaro Pokemon is that the Loyal Three don't have a leader. As explicitly stated in the game, the in-universe myth is completely untrue, and they were just a trio of thieves and murderers who attacked Ogerpon. If there was supposed to be another of them, I believe the game would've explicitly hinted to it.

1694905733704.png

Anyway, confirmed that we're getting another Perrin quest in DLC2.

Last edited:
Khu made a few new tweets today, so I’ll compile them here.

Khu talking about the 7 + 8 + 1 tweet. Seems to imply the + 1 isn’t just some unrelated movie mythical.

Mentions of the Dipplin evo being “similar to blood moon” and related to Perrin.

Finally, Khu retweeted this post, which usually means a connection to something true. Implies the floating head thing is in fact a Pokémon, and seems to be more Glimmora-like, not a pig.
This actually brings to attention something I noticed as suspicious back when I did the Chimecho theory (great to see its getting traction!), which is that Sinistcha is actually at the end of the available of the added dex entries, with eight empty slots above it. That would be...unusual for what is intended to be the concluding Legendary of the game, and gives me enough reason to suspect that it might actually be an additional mon than what we first believed.

Why would you post a pic of Centro quoting Matt? Just share Matt's actual work, rather than the cloutchaser.
This was just the image I had on hand.

Anything Goes, here we come...

The problem with the Momotaro Pokemon is that the Loyal Three don't have a leader. As explicitly stated in the game, the in-universe myth is completely untrue, and they were just a trio of thieves and murderers who attacked Ogerpon. If there was supposed to be another of them, I believe the game would've explicitly hinted to it.

View attachment 552653

Anyway, confirmed that we're getting another Perrin quest in DLC2.
They're "retainer" Pokemon, explicitly recieved the toxic chain from something, there's a 4th Pokemon tucked away in the backstory shadows and while the story is untrue its less "completely untrue" and more "misattributed"

Which leads to the fact that there's someone associated with the Loyal 3 (a NPC comments on it thinking it must be their trainer) that got misassociated into being their trainer. It isn't the man, he got conflated with the Ogre (its why ogrepon is now tall and why the third part of the story mentions a large ogre disguised as a man) and is otherwise ignored in the story

I think it all fits.

He does have a point, however, ToudenkiHou is something lightning blaster, and KimaguLaser is Wonderous Laser, like how wonderous atlantis is, the place where the fictional material Orichalcum originated in. So I believe that KL is Koraidon, and TH is Miraidon, based on how Miraidons Violet dex entry mentions i, quote,
VioletThis seems to be the Iron Serpent mentioned in an old book. The Iron Serpent is said to have turned the land to ash with its lightning.
So yeah, I believe that Light just made a little mistake, it's alright, we're only human, after all.

He does have a point, however, ToudenkiHou is something lightning blaster, and KimaguLaser is Wonderous Laser, like how wonderous atlantis is, the place where the fictional material Orichalcum originated in. So I believe that KL is Koraidon, and TH is Miraidon, based on how Miraidons Violet dex entry mentions i, quote,
VioletThis seems to be the Iron Serpent mentioned in an old book. The Iron Serpent is said to have turned the land to ash with its lightning.
So yeah, I believe that Light just made a little mistake, it's alright, we're only human, after all.
I would reasonably expect Koraidon to continue to focus on the physical side, which doesn't seem to reconcile with having a laser. A blaster feels like there's at least potential for it to be physical.

It could be me being biased due to the leaks, but I think the story does implicitly hint at there being more to the Loyal Three beyond the "True Story". Hiding some of this in spoiler warnings just in case:

• The "Peach Ball" Pokemon being hidden off to the side above Okidogi in the storybook cutscene
  • An object that looks similar to the "Peach Ball" being present at the Mossui Town General Store
  • The Loyal Three's dex entries mentioning the Toxic Chain being the source of their powers, and the tip of the Toxic Chain looking similar to the "Peach Ball"
  • The giant purple beam of light that descends from the sky to bring The Loyal Three back to life after Kieran's outburst
  • Dialogue hinting that Kieran's change in character is due to some corrupting force ("He's been acting strange lately")

Probably, the full reveal of "Momotaro" is being planned for the Indigo Disk, as one of the elements that will tie both DLCs together.

As an add-on, the internal codename for this Pokemon might have been datamined, according to this post:

Decided to look at the old HOME personal files datamine to compare with the new TM learnlists... Mostly the same, a few gains and here's all the losses

Yanma Agility
Volbeat Agility
Yanmega Agility
Swadloon Agility
Swadloon Air Slash
Ambipom Body Slam
Slugma Burning Jealousy
Mightyena Burning Jealousy
Numel Burning Jealousy
Camerupt Burning Jealousy
Venomoth Dual Wingbeat
Yanma Dual Wingbeat
Volbeat Dual Wingbeat
Illumise Dual Wingbeat
Tropius Dual Wingbeat
Finneon Dual Wingbeat
Lumineon Dual Wingbeat
Ducklett Dual Wingbeat
Swanna Dual Wingbeat
Vivillon Dual Wingbeat
Aipom Encore
Ambipom Encore
Aipom Fake Tears
Volbeat Fake Tears
Ambipom Fake Tears
Sunkern Grassy Glide
Shroomish Grassy Glide
Breloom Grassy Glide
Flabébé Grassy Glide
Floette Grassy Glide
Florges Grassy Glide
Hariyama Heat Crash
Hariyama High Horsepower
Geodude-Alola Metronome
Illumise Pollen Puff
Hoopa Poltergeist
Hoopa-Unbound Poltergeist
Numel Sand Tomb
Camerupt Sand Tomb
Seviper Scale Shot
Finneon Scale Shot
Lumineon Scale Shot
Bruxish Scale Shot
Weepinbell Solar Blade
Victreebel Solar Blade
Geodude Swift
Geodude-Alola Swift
Graveler Swift
Graveler-Alola Swift
Golem Swift
Golem-Alola Swift

Most curious to me is not giving Numel line Sand Tomb, Hariyama not getting to keep Heat Crash and the tragic missed potential of Scale Shot Bruxish. Also damn they really went nuclear on Aipom getting a bunch of support moves lol

EDIT: found a mistake (Nosepass does get Body Press!)

Last edited:
Decided to look at the old HOME personal files datamine to compare with the new TM learnlists... Mostly the same, a few gains and here's all the losses

Yanma Agility
Volbeat Agility
Yanmega Agility
Swadloon Agility
Swadloon Air Slash
Ambipom Body Slam
Slugma Burning Jealousy
Mightyena Burning Jealousy
Numel Burning Jealousy
Camerupt Burning Jealousy
Venomoth Dual Wingbeat
Yanma Dual Wingbeat
Volbeat Dual Wingbeat
Illumise Dual Wingbeat
Tropius Dual Wingbeat
Finneon Dual Wingbeat
Lumineon Dual Wingbeat
Ducklett Dual Wingbeat
Swanna Dual Wingbeat
Vivillon Dual Wingbeat
Aipom Encore
Ambipom Encore
Aipom Fake Tears
Volbeat Fake Tears
Ambipom Fake Tears
Sunkern Grassy Glide
Shroomish Grassy Glide
Breloom Grassy Glide
Flabébé Grassy Glide
Floette Grassy Glide
Florges Grassy Glide
Hariyama Heat Crash
Hariyama High Horsepower
Geodude-Alola Metronome
Illumise Pollen Puff
Hoopa Poltergeist
Hoopa-Unbound Poltergeist
Numel Sand Tomb
Camerupt Sand Tomb
Seviper Scale Shot
Finneon Scale Shot
Lumineon Scale Shot
Bruxish Scale Shot
Weepinbell Solar Blade
Victreebel Solar Blade
Geodude Swift
Geodude-Alola Swift
Graveler Swift
Graveler-Alola Swift
Golem Swift
Golem-Alola Swift

Most curious to me is not giving Numel line Sand Tomb, Hariyama not getting to keep Heat Crash and the tragic missed potential of Scale Shot Bruxish. Also damn they really went nuclear on Aipom getting a bunch of support moves lol

EDIT: found a mistake (Nosepass does get Body Press!)
The wierdest one to me is that they took Metronome away from Geodude-A.

That's one of the ones I'm convinced is just a mistake, much like Alolan Golem not getting High Horsepower and Graveler not getting Gyro Ball, despite their prevos getting them. That line has most of the mistakes! Non-Alolan line is also listed with a Mega Punch TM that doesn't exist.

OTHER weird thing I noticed:
Larvesta loses its level-up entry for Bug Bite at Level 24. No shift, there's just a gap now. Learns by TM.
Zorua-Hisui similarly loses its level-up entry for Spite. Also still gets by TM.

So weird!

Most TM errors from base game were fixed. Ones that persist:
- Charmeleon and Charizard are missing Metal Claw by TM, even though Charmander has it
- Charizard is missing False Swipe by TM, even though it got it in previous generations and both Charmander and Charmeleon have it
- Dragalge is missing Dragon Tail by TM, even though Skrelp has it
- Slowking-Galar doesn't get Ice Punch but both Slowbros and Slowking-Kanto does, and (EDITED) also it got it in SWSH

Those are the ones I can name off the dome... but there was like a good dozen or so fixed ones, many of which I never noticed.

Last edited:
They're "retainer" Pokemon, explicitly recieved the toxic chain from something, there's a 4th Pokemon tucked away in the backstory shadows and while the story is untrue its less "completely untrue" and more "misattributed"

Which leads to the fact that there's someone associated with the Loyal 3 (a NPC comments on it thinking it must be their trainer) that got misassociated into being their trainer. It isn't the man, he got conflated with the Ogre (its why ogrepon is now tall and why the third part of the story mentions a large ogre disguised as a man) and is otherwise ignored in the story

I think it all fits.
These points all do make sense, but there's actually a fair bit of evidence that Terapagos was actually the Pokemon that powered up the Loyal Three. Their objectives for beating them in-game specify that it was their shared dreams of gaining more power that led to them gaining the Toxic Chains and transforming. Okidogi desired strength, Munkidori longed for cleverness, and Fezandipiti wished for beauty. What Pokemon is heavily theorized to be able to shift reality to fufill desires, fufill longings, and grant wishes? Terapagos.

I do think it's very likely that the peach pig silhouette is indeed a fourth member of the Loyal Three (the leaked codename kinda gives it away), but I don't think it's a trio master. I'm thinking it's more of a Keldeo situation - a smaller Mythical Pokemon that was a underling of the Loyal Three. This would also explain Khu's latest tweet about the +1 in the 7+8+1 being purposeful - because it isn't just another random Mythical like Zeraora or Zarude, but a Mythical that is heavily connected with the previously introduced Loyal Three.

Last edited:
I'm thinking it's more of a Keldeo situation - a smaller Mythical Pokemon that was a underling of the Loyal Three. This would also explain Khu's latest tweet about the +1 in the 7+8+1 being purposeful - because it isn't just another random Mythical like Zeraora or Zarude, but a Mythical that is heavily connected with the previously introduced Loyal Three.
This theory sounds plausible, but in the same Tweet you're referring to, Khu also said he had not seen any correct guesses about what the "+1" is. This, combined with Peach = Mythical being such a common theory, leads me to believe the identity of the "+1" probably isn't something that can be guessed so easily, at least without even more information. It might not even be a Mythical, although I wouldn't know what else it could be if that's the case.

To add further to this, if Dokutaro is indeed the Mythical, I'm not sure they would have put it in the Teal Mask's code. The "7+8+1" implies the Mythical would be added after the Indigo Disk, so if anything, we'd be discovering the Mythical's codename in the second DLC rather than the first. I'm more inclined to believe that Dokutaro is part of the "8", and we will have to defeat it in the Indigo Disk to fully conclude Teal Mask's storyline, following up on Khu's riddle hinting a greater force behind the Loyal Three.

Considering Dokutaro is in the game currently, with an index number, very doubtful that it is an extra mythical after the launch of the dlc2.

Not to mention the more recent Matt tweet, which basically confirms we’ll be battling Dokutaro in the dlc. Would be weird if it was programmed in as a boss then made obtainable much later.

Though I’m sure the Dokutaro but isn’t then it most people will see first looking at this tweet. Considering the mention of zombies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 29)