SPOILERS! Scarlet & Violet Leaks Thread - Data/Mechanics

Speaking of Oricorio, are the items to change its form in this game, or do we have to catch them in a specific form like other Pokemon that formerly had changeable forms? (RIP Deerling)

Speaking of Oricorio, are the items to change its form in this game, or do we have to catch them in a specific form like other Pokemon that formerly had changeable forms? (RIP Deerling)
This paste by slp32 shows that both Oricorio-Baile and Oricorio-Pom-Pom can be found in the wild (in different areas), and both of these have a (small) chance to hold their respective Nectars when caught. That means that if you have an Oricorio of another form that you want to change to its Baile or Pom-Pom Styles, you can definitely get the Nectars this way and use them to change an Oricorio you already have, at least to those two forms!
I can't attest to Pink Nectar or Purple Nectar, but I would guess that they still exist through the Delibird shops or the auction or a similar place? This could use external confirmation, because it doesn't look like these forms can be found natively.

I wish Oricorio had gotten new coverage options this gen, even though I'm not sure what move options would fit it. It is in a similar situation as Rotom, since GF don't want to give it more moves that match the types of its forms. So it isn't likely to ever get Heat Wave, like so many other Flying-type special attackers do otherwise. Maybe Petal Dance could've been added as an egg move too?

Icy Wind is definitely not the worst coverage option though, especially in doubles where Oricorio makes better use of Dancer anyway.

Do we have the purchase prices of the new battle items?
Noone really compiled a list since we just went there to check, but it fluctuates between 5 and 100k notDollars.

They're not really going to be something you'll reaaaally have during the plot, but pretty easy to acquire in postgame all things considered.
I wish Oricorio had gotten new coverage options this gen, even though I'm not sure what move options would fit it. It is in a similar situation as Rotom, since GF don't want to give it more moves that match the types of its forms. So it isn't likely to ever get Heat Wave, like so many other Flying-type special attackers do otherwise. Maybe Petal Dance could've been added as an egg move too?
It got Tera Blast, that's all the coverage you can ever want :wo:

Okay I spent way too long having picnics, making egg power sandwiches, and hatching eggs today.

First I wanted to test varying combos of gender and egg group. Everything works fine.

Team 1:
ChanseyFfairy (egg group)
FloetteFfairy
WigglytuffMfairy
Will breed both Happiny and Flabebe.

Team 2:
CacturneFhuman/grass
GardevoirMhuman/amorphous
GrimmsnarlMhuman/fairy
Will breed Cacnea (duh) but I can't tell from who. Probably both though based on Ditto.

Team 3:
HaunterFamorphous
MukMamorphous
VolcaronaFbug
ForretressMbug
Will breed both Gastly and Larvesta. This is anecdotal, but I got 7 Gastly eggs before I got a single Larvesta. My theory is egg generation at the picnic takes into account the mother's (or non-ditto's) base egg cycle.

If you have a Ditto in the party, you'll get eggs from any other breedable party member. This does not appear to prefer a certain gender of breeding partner.

For Team 2 I tried using everstones on both males to see which was the father of each egg, but it doesn't work. If you have 2 everstones in the party, nothing will breed. If you combine Team 1 and Team 2 in your party with everstones on Team 2, nothing will breed on either team, even though they don't cross over in egg groups. Practically, why would you need two everstones at once, I don't know. This might be the case for 2 destiny knots or 2 mirror herbs as well. I don't have any of those to test, though.

For Team 3, I also tried putting an everstone on Volcarona, and unlike before, I could only hatch Larvesta. So everstones preserve species as well as nature.

When you get an egg, it goes directly to the last box you viewed (maybe interacted with?). They don't automatically fill the party. I wonder if they will if all boxes are full?

For hatching, I've seen "15 seconds" of walking thrown around. Definitely not always. Hatching Larvesta took almost two minutes. I think this is your standard egg steps thing, just greatly abbreviated. Here's an example with a party of Cacnea eggs:

Code:
Hatch 1          39sec (sprinting Koraidon)          ~550 trainer steps          2:15 on foot
Hatch 2          ~2sec                                 20 steps
Hatch 3          ~2sec                                 20 steps
Hatch 4          ~2sec                                 20 steps
Hatch 5          ~2sec                                 20 steps

After reset, Hatch 1 took 1:28 on Koraidon or ~1240 steps.
Next reset, it took 0:56 or ~790 steps.
My guess is that a single egg cycle is 20 steps and when walking the same species' eggs they all reach hatching point at the same time, as if the random egg steps apply equally to the same species in the party, and then it requires one cycle between successive hatches.

Finally, the hatch animation will be in the overworld unless the player is in bad location (eg. next to a wild mon, on a steep slope). Then it will use a hatch screen like previous games.

Who would be good teammates for Skeledirge if I were to use him competitively? How about Meowscarada teammates?
TR Hatterene, Clodsire, Meowscarada, Great Tusk, potentially Grimmsnarl, Corviknight.
To add on what CTNC said..

Skeledirge is unlikely to have real VGC viability. Being weak to both Rock Slide and Earthquake is never a good thing when these tend to be common offensive moves/coverage due to their spread nature, and Unaware isn't really an ability that is that impactful in VGC as setup sweepers are pretty rare.
It doesn't really have any stand-out traits that would justify using it either as generic defensive walls with no real utility other than "being a wall" are kinda useless in doubles.

For OU, Skeledirge is likely to be a niche pokemon if viable at all, its weakness to common things on top of being vulnerable to Knock Off (which while rarer, will be even more important this gen) AND weak to stealth rock, combined with recovery nerfs, aren't going to help, moreso in a meta which is going to feature prominent dark and ghost types once again.

TLDR: forget the croc, go cat.
Yeah, general consensus is that cat > croc.

Me and my stubborn low-tier character mindset is still determined to use croc and make it work, lol. Must be a curse always gravitating to stuff like this.

Anywho, I have a question about Glimmora's Toxic Debris ability: does it scatter Toxic Spikes every time it is hit, or just once?
Croc definitely is not bad. But it's meta dependent. It can effortlessly wall a lot of threats with a bulky spread. But it will require a lot of use for things like Iron Valiant, Iron Hands, Cetitan and so on to be worth using. But Meowscarada is definitely more splash able given the HO lean

Last edited:
Looking at the new pokemon egg groups and...

Why is Fuecoco in the field egg group? Perfect opportunity to put a fire type in water 1 and they put it in field...
Also, why is Cetoddle not a baby Pokémon? GameFreak is pretty inconsistent with the Baby Pokémon classification, but I think Cetoddle fits perfectly in that group.

Okay I spent way too long having picnics, making egg power sandwiches, and hatching eggs today.

First I wanted to test varying combos of gender and egg group. Everything works fine.

Team 1:
ChanseyFfairy (egg group)
FloetteFfairy
WigglytuffMfairy
Will breed both Happiny and Flabebe.

Team 2:
CacturneFhuman/grass
GardevoirMhuman/amorphous
GrimmsnarlMhuman/fairy
Will breed Cacnea (duh) but I can't tell from who. Probably both though based on Ditto.

Team 3:
HaunterFamorphous
MukMamorphous
VolcaronaFbug
ForretressMbug
Will breed both Gastly and Larvesta. This is anecdotal, but I got 7 Gastly eggs before I got a single Larvesta. My theory is egg generation at the picnic takes into account the mother's (or non-ditto's) base egg cycle.

If you have a Ditto in the party, you'll get eggs from any other breedable party member. This does not appear to prefer a certain gender of breeding partner.

For Team 2 I tried using everstones on both males to see which was the father of each egg, but it doesn't work. If you have 2 everstones in the party, nothing will breed. If you combine Team 1 and Team 2 in your party with everstones on Team 2, nothing will breed on either team, even though they don't cross over in egg groups. Practically, why would you need two everstones at once, I don't know. This might be the case for 2 destiny knots or 2 mirror herbs as well. I don't have any of those to test, though.

For Team 3, I also tried putting an everstone on Volcarona, and unlike before, I could only hatch Larvesta. So everstones preserve species as well as nature.

When you get an egg, it goes directly to the last box you viewed (maybe interacted with?). They don't automatically fill the party. I wonder if they will if all boxes are full?

For hatching, I've seen "15 seconds" of walking thrown around. Definitely not always. Hatching Larvesta took almost two minutes. I think this is your standard egg steps thing, just greatly abbreviated. Here's an example with a party of Cacnea eggs:

Code:
Hatch 1          39sec (sprinting Koraidon)          ~550 trainer steps          2:15 on foot
Hatch 2          ~2sec                                 20 steps
Hatch 3          ~2sec                                 20 steps
Hatch 4          ~2sec                                 20 steps
Hatch 5          ~2sec                                 20 steps

After reset, Hatch 1 took 1:28 on Koraidon or ~1240 steps.
Next reset, it took 0:56 or ~790 steps.
My guess is that a single egg cycle is 20 steps and when walking the same species' eggs they all reach hatching point at the same time, as if the random egg steps apply equally to the same species in the party, and then it requires one cycle between successive hatches.

Finally, the hatch animation will be in the overworld unless the player is in bad location (eg. next to a wild mon, on a steep slope). Then it will use a hatch screen like previous games.
Really interesting, thanks for posting your findings! So having two Everstones cancel each other. Also if it preserves species, I guess it can also preserve form (like before).

I wonder what is the mechanism of the Destiny Knot though. Could you have it on one Pokémon in the breeding party and transfer the IVs to an "incompatible" partner? Example: Destiny Knot in a perfect Larvesta in Team 3, would that pass the IVs to the Gastly?

I’ve read up to page 327 but maybe someone can help me…

I want an all bird team and can someone tell me how early on I can get these mons and where to find them? I’m trying to plan the best route to take from the beginning to get my birds as soon as possible.

Rookidee
Oricorio (Baile)
Fletchling (wait is he in SV?)
Quaxly will be my starter for sure and gonna grab Wattrel too! But I need my loves Corviknight and Oricorio. I’m so sad my baby boy Pidove isn’t in this game (or is he?!).

Any pokemon that isn't a legendary or a paradox can be obtained as soon as you're out of the tutorial bit if you're willing to scout the map a bit.
Don't you need to unlock the other forms of your ride pokémon to access certain areas?

Don't you need to unlock the other forms of your ride pokémon to access certain areas?
No, ofc it's a bit slower to get around without fly, climb and swim, but all the areas are accessible right away.

There are obviously spots caves and islands that arent accessible but they usually just hide splinters for the leges or fully evolved raid pokes, their pre evos will still be available in the freely accessible bits.

Btw, something funny I just realized looking at version exclusives...

For most of them (not all, but most) the non-paradox equivalent is version exclusive of the other version.

Es, salamence and mismagius are violet exclusive, while hydreigon and tyranitar are scarlet exclusive.

I wonder if that is intentional...

I have doubts if the game will even arrive tomorrow. Amazon hasn't even dispatched it yet but still has the date for tomorrow but weirdly they now have a estimated delivery time of 11 pm....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 9)