SPOILERS! Scarlet & Violet Leaks Thread - Data/Mechanics

Do we have a comprehensive breakdown on how Tera works? I'm mostly interested in knowing if each Pokemon is locked to one Tera type and if you can have multiple Pokemon capable of using the mechanic on the same team.
Yes, they are locked to one Tera type. It's set on catch, you can change it in-game with an NPC and 50 Tera Raid Shards.

All mons have an innate Tera-type and they can Tera at any time, but you can only do it once per battle.

It only goes away when a mon is KO'd, or the battle ends.

Do we have a comprehensive breakdown on how Tera works? I'm mostly interested in knowing if each Pokemon is locked to one Tera type and if you can have multiple Pokemon capable of using the mechanic on the same team.
You can see it on the spreadsheet, but here is a quick rundown.
-Every Pokemon has their own Terastallize type they have for a given set.
-This can be any of the 18 typings
-You can change Tera types with Tera Shards in game, similar to how you can choose natures with mints
-In battle, your Tera type is only known to you until you Terastallize
-Terastallizing is like Dynamaxing where you only need to press a button and it affects your Pokemon, additionally only works once until you go to a Pokemon center
-Terastallizing, you become a Mono type based on your Tera type
-Unlike regular type changing mechanic, you get to keep your old STABs along with your new STAB
-Additionally, if your Tera Type matches one of your original types, that type has x2 STAB instead of x1.5
-So if you have a Ground Tera Charizard, you would become a pure Ground type with Fire/Flying/Ground STAB. If you are a Fire Tera Charizard, you would become a pure Fire type with Adaptability STAB in Fire moves, and regular STAB on Flying moves
-Additionally, a new move called Tera Blast is an 80 BP 10 PP (16 Max) Normal move that changes categories to match the user’s stronger offensive stat
-This Normal move will change type to your Tera Type when you Terastallize

to me i see "spiritomb" because its a weird ghost type you have to work your ass off to get

I also can't help but feel the entire reason its so deep in the dex is because they wanted the 999th pokemon to be the pokemon that takes 999 coins to evolve and then evolves into a strong "popular in universe" pokemon for #1000

It's a shame marketing never talks about national dex numbering since they dont want to give away how many pokemon there are, I could see them making a bigger deal out of gholdengo
Is Gholdengo 1000? I'm seeing a lot of sites report it as 977.

so these are how they show up in the summary
Code:
loc_desert_west        Asado Desert
loc_desert_east        Asado Desert
loc_lake_east        Casseroya Lake
loc_lake_south        Casseroya Lake
loc_snowymountain_01    Glaseado Mountain    the south side of the mountain, especially near the peak
I couldn't find Larvitar in any caves in the right level range.
Frigibax and Arctibax though, it could possibly be a rare spawn in this cave on the north coast. It spawns a lot of deino and gabite. I don't have the ingredients to make an Encounter Ice sandwich to test it.

I seriously do not believe Surskit exists. I've spent over an hour looking for it in every area listed in its habitat and I haven't seen ANY.

Also what's up with the biome rates over 100%?
If I had to guess... These must be the "mass outbreaks".

Basically a clump of the same mons in a group. Potentially with a "Leader". That's how you evolve Bisharp anyway.

Also, I think the "Area rates" are like, the "Encounter ratio" the older games used to have. Kinda like this:
View attachment 466209

That's what Emerald Route 101 looks like encounter-wise. You have a 7% chance of encountering a mon when you walk into a tall grass tile, and then the individual percentages kick in to show what mon you get.
So what I currently have is:
Code:
a_d1108 = ? (Alfornada Caves)
a_d1202 = ?
loc_desert_west = Asado Desert
loc_desert_east = Asado Desert
loc_lake_east = Casseroya Lake
loc_lake_south = Casseroya Lake
loc_snowymountain_01 = Glaseado Mountain
Volt-Ikazuchi do you know where on the map a_d1108 was within the current known area list?
spacesonata do you know which Glaseado Mountain area that is? 1, 2?

Also, I don't believe its the outbreak rate - that is handled by a separate field "outbreakLotvalue", which is 10% for every encounter.

What I wonder is how the Tera type generates per pokemon. It was something we discussed briefly during pre-release, but I have doubts its purely random.

It's 977 if you go purely by the internal ordering, which is.......questionable, considering how the Pokemon after it are placed.
If yo uadjust to Regional Dex order, further refined by Khu's list of Chinese names earlier which are mostly the same but the cross-gens are grouped together further down, has it at 1000

Favourite dumb quirk I've noticed since making this sheet

1668643265266.png

Apparently Charmander gets Focus Blast now. But not Charmeleon!

People keep reporting the internal id numbers as natdex when they're not (they aren't even 1:1 for pre-paldea mons!). Following both regional dex order, and the list posted in chinese in the last few pages (which differ only on placement of the crossgen evos), Gholdengo is 1000

Plenty of sites have the dex end at Annihilape. That's due to internal order.

However, remember that when PLA dropped, Ursaluna was the final 'mon and legendary Enamorus was in the middle of the new 'mons, yet the final order had pretty much the new species by the order you found them in-game.

Gholdengo ends up as number 1000 when ordering the new species by regional dex number.

You can see it on the spreadsheet, but here is a quick rundown.
-Every Pokemon has their own Terastallize type they have for a given set.
-This can be any of the 18 typings
-You can change Tera types with Tera Shards in game, similar to how you can choose natures with mints
-In battle, your Tera type is only known to you until you Terastallize
-Terastallizing is like Dynamaxing where you only need to press a button and it affects your Pokemon, additionally only works once until you go to a Pokemon center
-Terastallizing, you become a Mono type based on your Tera type
-Unlike regular type changing mechanic, you get to keep your old STABs along with your new STAB
-Additionally, if your Tera Type matches one of your original types, that type has x2 STAB instead of x1.5
-So if you have a Ground Tera Charizard, you would become a pure Ground type with Fire/Flying/Ground STAB. If you are a Fire Tera Charizard, you would become a pure Fire type with Adaptability STAB in Fire moves, and regular STAB on Flying moves
-Additionally, a new move called Tera Blast is an 80 BP 10 PP (16 Max) Normal move that changes categories to match the user’s stronger offensive stat
-This Normal move will change type to your Tera Type when you Terastallize
One quick question about it, if i change my pokemon and later sendout, i'm kepping tera or lost?

It's true but these were types that thematically are somewhat easy to make work.

Grass + Ghost is basically just a ghost or spirit that is somewhat related to plants, and well Fairy + Psychic is a pretty easy to make association ...

Fire+Grass on other hand isn't exactly something I can see easily replicating. Though I have to credit the idea of the pepper plant, that is really clever.
As someone into fakemon, a Grass/Fire Pokémon based off of chilis is a pretty common idea

Yes, it's based on Carnival Samba dancers... Specifically the female ones. AKA "Queens".

As a Brazilian, all I can say is... It's just a fucking mess man.

GF made a Spain-based region with 2 starters referencing Mexico and Brazil, the Brazil one being extremely half-baked because they picked the most recognizable Carnival dancer style, but it's the most aggressively female design possible for a mon that has an 87.5% male ratio.
That's just poor research.
Animal Crossing has the very flamboyant, but male, Pavé represent the Festivale event (occurs around Mardi Gras, probably inspired by Carnival as well)

Terastalyzation lasts until battle ends. It's also not reversible, once you're teralyzed, you can't go back to the original type.
Thx, i'm out about the mechanics and that stuff months ago until last week, now trying to learn fast, thx again.

Thx, i'm out about the mechanics and that stuff months ago until last week, now trying to learn fast, thx again.
Well luckily for you Terastalyze is really really simple as a concept, since differently from Dynamax, the type change (and extra stab) is all it does.
There's no other intrication (no extra effect or power increase) to it.

Well luckily for you Terastalyze is really really simple as a concept, since differently from Dynamax, the type change (and extra stab) is all it does.
There's no other intrication (no extra effect or power increase) to it.
I see, and yep dynamax has been more dificult to play with in first instances, lot of variables and things go bigger quickly. :totodiLUL:
Tera look more friendly at first like u say but sure get moreover complicated to master, the possible combinations ar insane.

Can't wait to see how the meta approach this.

Animal Crossing has the very flamboyant, but male, Pavé represent the Festivale event (occurs around Mardi Gras, probably inspired by Carnival as well)
Carnival is a Catholic thing, so yeah Mardi Gras is pretty much the American Equivalent.

Also unless doing a quick google search lead to some wrong or biased answers: it seems most of the male Carnival costumes that I could find are based on various native South American cultures, that were wiped out by the Spaniards, so it seems like a very good thing that they didn't go that route.

Mardi gras is pretty much "Fat Tuesday"; carnival has deep roots of "pre-Lent excesses festivities", and said Tuesday is the day before lent starts. So, yeah, same origin as a popular festivity that arises around a strict lithurgic calendar.

Friggin' catholicism shaping the culture of a good chunk of the world.

based on various native South American cultures, that were wiped out by the Spaniards, so it seems like a very good thing that they didn't go that route.
1668644800586.png

Reminder that the biggest genocides happened not in Iberoamerica but in Angloamerica, and yet there is a native American eagle for the New York-based region (but at least it wasn't introduced in Galar)

Fuck Colón tho; likely to be a Galician fallen nobleman anyway, due to an ongoing work. PoS went from being a feudal lord of my ancestors, to trying to play king on the Caribbean.

Last edited:
24 hours (well 23 hours 31 minutes) until I sink my entire life into this game! v much looking forward to finally seeing what the raids/auctions reward us across the board, or if they’re datamined tomorrow I’ll have some light reading to do.

(feel free to add my switch code on my profile btw will be happy to do raids n stuff :psyglad: )

24 hours (well 23 hours 31 minutes) until I sink my entire life into this game! v much looking forward to finally seeing what the raids/auctions reward us across the board, or if they’re datamined tomorrow I’ll have some light reading to do.

(feel free to add my switch code on my profile btw will be happy to do raids n stuff :psyglad: )
*does some maths* About 35 hours for me (until I start playing, not until I go pick it up from the store)

Have fun with it, just, try to not put your expectations "too" high.

While it's definitely fun and a (imo) massive step over SwSh, ultimately we're still talking of a Pokemon game. :P

So what I currently have is:
Code:
a_d1108 = ? (Alfornada Caves)
a_d1202 = ?
loc_desert_west = Asado Desert
loc_desert_east = Asado Desert
loc_lake_east = Casseroya Lake
loc_lake_south = Casseroya Lake
loc_snowymountain_01 = Glaseado Mountain
Volt-Ikazuchi do you know where on the map a_d1108 was within the current known area list?
spacesonata do you know which Glaseado Mountain area that is? 1, 2?

Also, I don't believe its the outbreak rate - that is handled by a separate field "outbreakLotvalue", which is 10% for every encounter.
Yeah, it's near the Psychic Gym. South Province (Area Six).

Have fun with it, just, try to not put your expectations "too" high.

While it's definitely fun and a (imo) massive step over SwSh, ultimately we're still talking of a Pokemon game. :P
oh absolutely. I’m probably going to enjoy it to the level I enjoyed Legends and even tho I enjoyed it a lot my expectations were tempered (as long as it’s a step up from SWSH that’s all I ask honestly)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 16)