SPOILERS! Scarlet & Violet Leaks Thread - Data/Mechanics

Do we know if Shed Tail's subs are the standard 25% HP subs or are they beefier because you're cutting more HP?

Also, still no full confirmation on the ruin abilities debuffs?

Looks like I’m not the only one - I’ve found myself struggling to find a well balanced team not weak to ground. Currently 4 mons on my team are weak (garganacl, Tinkaton, ceruledge, pawmot). I’m trying to use only new mons too but this gen is really weak to ground.
Yup. But since they are in-game teams i built them thinking how fun I think they are to play. Fortunately there arent scarf drills/landos spamming EQ so no fear.

Haven't seen much discussion of this but with whimsicott gone it's pretty notable:

Jumpluff has tailwind now (which is fully new) and has sleep powder, rage powder, etc

so the vgc viability of it went way up.

I'm also very interested to see how a pairing of wind power tailwind kilowattrel and garchomp does in vgc. it seems powerful.

1668540756415.png

My planned team. I like to keep things Diverse so i have a wide range of bulky lads and lasses to pull me through Daschbun I've adored but I still cant figure out a set for it...but im commited to the good dog. Was gonna run Houndstone before Annihilape was revealed so it may be a"first come first serve" situation. Everyone else im super confident about running. Arboliv has GREAT sp.A,Revaroom spits on both fairies and dragons ,and everyone else is a dedicated bulky set up sweeper.

Attachments

Only 7 or 8 pages congrats

If you are a real man you actually use Wigglytuff aka the better fairy type.
(Which you can get super early)
What happened to Tinkaton supremacy?

As for my team, I'm not sure exactly what I'll use, but Meowscarada, Ceruledge and Tinkaton are definitely involved. The others are likely to be some combination of Cyclizar, Clodsire, Pawmot, Baxcalibur or Arboliva. Watch this space.

Tinkaton finally as no special item for herself à la Marowak or Pikachu, no? So what item would you recommend for it ingame, not competitive? I was thinking just a regular Fairy attack booster would be enough.
My only fear for Tinkaton isn't that it's not viable in OU (it probaby isn't) but that it ends up on a BL somewhere. I can always learn to play a lower tier if I need to, but if Tinkaton isn't viable anywhere, it'll be more difficult to use.

Cyclizar has decent SpA (85 SpA vs 95 Atk) and a decent special movepool (Hyper voice, Draco-meteor, Overheat; all through TMs).
Maybe you can manage to do something with that?
Tried to do this with Basculegion in PLA, it didn't exactly work...

1000: FEARII1
1001: FEARII2
1002: FEARII3

this the tinkatot line. Something extremely funny about it reading as FEARII
Fear them.

Can mortal spin hit and poison steel types with corrosion? Can it poison anything with corrosion?
No and no.
Corrosion allows to poison otherwise immune to poisoning enemies, not to hit steel types with poison type attacks.
Which means it allows you to hit them with Toxic or similar status moves, or with non-poison type moves that poison like Twin Needle, but won't let you damage them with a poison type attack.

RoiDadadou

Nothing less... from a king.
is a Pre-Contributor
Hi there, three questions now.
The usual ones :
- Do we have the boost of Supreme Overlord ?
- Do we have footage of Revival Blessing being used ?

And does Pin Missile still sets up Spikes ? Since, you know, Cealess Edge and Stone Axe still do put their own hazards.

While "thematically" Koraidon and Miraidon are opposite (future/past), there's actually no interaction between their respective condition, and in fact both can coexist.
While the coexistance thing is very likely intentional, I can't but wonder if the "third legendary" will act as anthitesis to their condition, either replacing or negating their fields (like Rayquaza does).
Here's a thought

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the only remaining field effect to coexist with weather and terrain rooms? A Magic Room setting ability would be interesting to see, I think, and would mostly work with every natural learner but Lunatone being in. Conversely with Wonder Room only having Golduck and Hoopa, it could also make sense to see that.

And Trick Room...
It's a possibility I'd never want to see but it is nevertheless a possibility...

Not quite 6 straight Paldea mons, but Garganacl couldn't quite beat Tyrannitar's appeal IMO
1668541034117.png

I've also been polling people on Reddit about what Pokemon they are considering for their teams to find out who the most popular picks are. I've got ~100 responses so far, though many of them came immediately after all Pokemon had been found but before specifics such as Palafin's ability were understood. You can take the survey here.

Here is the data that I've collected so far, ordered by my own informal point-based system:
Each answer of "I'm definitely using it!" gives the Pokemon 1 point, and each answer of "I'm considering it!" gives the Pokemon 0.5 points
Key: "I'm considering it!", "I'm definitely using it!", Pokemon Name

11 36 Tinkaton
17 31 Ceruledge
15 26 Quaxquaval
17 21 Baxcalibur
21 19 Meowscarada
25 15 Kingambit
9 22 Skeledirge
21 13 Smoliv's Final Evolution
18 14 Dachsbun
22 12 Annihilape
17 14 Roaring Moon
17 13 Armarouge
19 12 Kilowattrel
15 13 Clodsire
13 13 Great Tusk
13 12 Iron Valiant
24 6 Farigiraf
13 11 Cetitan
16 9 Grafaiai
15 9 Glimmet's Evolution
17 7 Toedscruel
17 7 Dark/Grass Legendary
21 5 Slither Wing
12 9 Lokix
12 9 Miraidon
11 9 Iron Thorns
13 8 Scovillain
13 8 Koraiadon
13 8 Iron Hands
15 7 Gimmighoul's Evolution
12 8 Pawmi's Final Evolution
16 6 Rellor's Evolution
19 4 Dark/Ice Legendary
10 8 Garganacl
14 6 Tatsugiri
18 4 Houndstone
13 6 Water/Fighting Tauros
16 4 Dundunsparce
11 6 Revavroom
15 4 Fire/Dark Legendary
14 4 Bellibolt
11 5 Maushold
12 4 Flutter Mane
14 3 Finizen Hero
14 3 Dark/Ground Legendary
14 3 Iron Jugulis
7 6 Klawf
13 3 Mabosstiff
13 3 Bombirdier
13 3 Scream Tail
10 4 Veluza
10 4 Sandy Shocks
14 2 Flamigo
14 2 Fire/Fighting Tauros
7 5 Iron Treads
9 4 Iron Bundle
12 2 Fighting Tauros
9 3 Espathra
11 2 Spidops
11 2 Wugtrio
8 3 Cyclizar
7 3 Dondozo
9 2 Oinkologne
9 2 Bramblin's Evolution
9 2 Orthworm
8 2 Brute Bonnet
6 1 Squakabilly
1 0 Iron Moth

I'm currently trying to figure out what area numbers link to what area names, and so if anyone has played through the games a fair bit and have caught a good chunk of Pokemon, please check to see if you have any Pokemon that match the below criteria.

Code:
(4)  Smoliv      (Olive Area,            Lv. 7  to Lv. 29)
(4)  Mareep      (Grass/Olive Area,      Lv. 9  to Lv. 19)
(6)  Shelgon     (Cave Area,             Lv. 42 to Lv. 58)
(6)  Flaaffy     (Mountain Area,         Lv. 37 to Lv. 40)
(7)  Zangoose    (Grass/Lake Area,       Lv. 20 to Lv. 50)
(7)  Seviper     (Grass/Lake Area,       Lv. 20 to Lv. 50)
(8)  Shinx       (Rocky Area,            Lv. 7  to Lv. 12)
(8)  Klawf       (Rocky Area,            Lv. 15 to Lv. 65)
(10) Stonjourner (Ruins/Desert Area,     Lv. 20 to Lv. 50)
(11) Flaaffy     (Grass Area,            Lv. 22 to Lv. 29)
(12) Persian     (Grass/Town Area,       Lv. 28 to Lv. 47)
(13) Impidimp    (Forest Area,           Lv. 16 to Lv. 36)
(13) Morgrem     (Forest Area,           Lv. 32 to Lv. 42)
(13) Shroodle    (Forest Area,           Lv. 5  to Lv. 32)
(13) Grafaiai    (Forest Area,           Lv. 29 to Lv. 51)
(14) Rolycoly    (Mine/Cave Area,        Lv. 5  to Lv. 23)
(14) Carkol      (Mine Area,             Lv. 25 to Lv. 34)
(15) Steenee     (Forest Area,           Lv. 21 to Lv. 47)
(17) Snom        (Snow/Mountain Area,    Lv. 10 to Lv. 40)
(18) Slowbro     (Lake/River/Beach Area, Lv. 37 to Lv. 56)
(18) Dragonair   (Lake Area,             Lv. 50 to Lv. 54)
(18) Forretress  (Forest Area,           Lv. 45 to Lv. 56)
(18) Dondozo     (Lake Area,             Lv. 49 to Lv. 65)
(21) Wigglytuff  (Mountain Area,         Lv. 40 to Lv. 60)
(22) Arcanine    (Bamboo/Rocky Area,     Lv. 47 to Lv. 65)
(22) Houndoom    (Rocky/Cave Area,       Lv. 24 to Lv. 60)
I'll be updating this message as I go through the list and find encounters only linked to a single area.
Bumping this, in case any new eyes are on the thread.

Here's a thought

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the only remaining field effect to coexist with weather and terrain rooms? A Magic Room setting ability would be interesting to see, I think, and would mostly work with every natural learner but Lunatone being in. Conversely with Wonder Room only having Golduck and Hoopa, it could also make sense to see that.

And Trick Room...
It's a possibility I'd never want to see but it is nevertheless a possibility...
Strictly speaking, there's also Gravity and apperently after 3 cycles of checking, Water/Mud sport since gen 6.

Ema Skye

Work!
Hi there, three questions now.
The usual ones :
- Do we have the boost of Supreme Overlord ?
OU Discord was running some tests and found the following:
  • the first fainted ally was a 1.2x boost
  • additional fainted allies added an additional 0.1x boost
  • revived allies still counted as fainted for the ability's purposes
This was backed up by some data I saw on r/Stunfisk yesterday that reached the same numbers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 7)