SPOILERS! Scarlet & Violet Leaks Thread - Data/Mechanics

RoiDadadou

Nothing less... from a king.
is a Tiering Contributor
They're looking for the Dex categorization info, not the egg groups.

Someone posted a few pages back dex descriptions for ~65% of the Pokemon. The ones this user mentioned (Dolliv, Arboliva, etc.) were not in that list.

I don't think your spreadsheet has the info they're looking for.
Hoooo, you mean like, the title ? Like 'Electric Mouse' thing ? Sorry, didn't think of this. I'll keep you informed if I find anything!

Hoooo, you mean like, the title ? Like 'Electric Mouse' thing ? Sorry, didn't think of this. I'll keep you informed if I find anything!
Ah, exactly. That why SnivyLink also used 'species', because that's been used as the term for it as well in the past.

Edit:
For what it's worth, I went through the Night Shade learnset. While Rowlett and Decidueye are compatible with the TM, Dartrix is not. Thought that was worth mention with weird TM compatibility.
That's also funny case since either it's a mistake that Rowlet gets it and only regular Decidueye should get it, or the whole line is supposed to get it and H-Decidueye needs to be updated too. And unlike the case with Charizard having access to Metal Claw through its pre-evo, H-Decidueye is locked out from Night Shade completely since it can't keep it through evolution from Rowlet.

Last edited:

RoiDadadou

Nothing less... from a king.
is a Tiering Contributor
So you're saying you're playing with 5 pokemon until you beat basically the entire game cause good luck finding a wild Iron Valiant if Roaring Moon's rarity is to be taken as indicator?
Indeed! I may add a filler Fighting type while waiting. Or Tinkatink.

The lack of people wanting to use maushold in their initial playthrough is saddening.

Is there no respect for the American dream of a nuclear family anymore?
If it's anything, I knew the instant I saw it again in this thread that I absolutely wanted to use it, and learning how amazing of a name it had and the genuinely absurd move it learns in Population Bomb 100% solidified it as a must-have for me.

The lack of people wanting to use maushold in their initial playthrough is saddening.

Is there no respect for the American dream of a nuclear family anymore?
If it can make you happier, I likely will, though it depends on... if I actually run into one with a usable nature first :P

I have the bad habit (developed from too much breeding I guess) of refusing to use Pokemon with detrimental natures during story. I'll be ok with suboptimal (es, neutral, or +atk - def for example), but I won't use something actively bad for the pokemon (like a -atk or -speed nature)

I won't lie, I may be a little stupid sometimes

My bad
No problem man, as you can see even I tend to read not very carefully sometimes as I mentioned that you had read till page 230 whereas that was just the point the conversation was at when you started. My bad on that one too.

So one Pokemon I think could be interesting with some of it's new moves and mechanics is Glaceon. Getting access to Aurora Veil, Calm Mind, Ice Body, and the boost to it's already notable Defense. Especially if the 100% accurate blizzard in snow is still a thing. Obviously it's held back by the usual problems with Eeveelutions but it could have more chance to do something than it ever has.
They should just cut their loses and make glaceon one of our snow warning mons tbh. It'd benefit greatly from it and might actually see semi use despite still being kinda bad.

No problem man, as you can see even I tend to read not very carefully sometimes as I mentioned that you had read till page 230 whereas that was just the point the conversation was at when you started. My bad on that one too.
I did actually end up reading it all, found it mildly amusing (but not at all surprising) how a majority of this thread only happened this week

So another one of my random thought dump posts: Evolite edition

Dunsparce: with an evolite looks really solid. It is considerably bulkier then Dudunsparce and reaches levels of bulk not really seen on a normal type outside of chansey. The lack of offensive potential will limit it quite a bit but its movepool can still compliment this primarily defensive role fairly nicely. Specifically because of serene grace shenanigans, but he can also act as a menace with hazards, paraflinching, and yawn.

Some quick examples:

252 Atk Garchomp Earthquake vs. +1 252 HP / 252+ Def Dunsparce: 99-117 (24.5 - 28.9%) -- 99.4% chance to 4HKO
252 Atk Garchomp Earthquake vs. +1 252 HP / 0 Def Dunsparce: 147-174 (36.3 - 43%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252 Atk Life Orb Lucario Close Combat vs. +1 252 HP / 252+ Def Dunsparce: 273-322 (67.5 - 79.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252 SpA Gardevoir Focus Blast vs. +1 252 HP / 0 SpD Dunsparce: 242-286 (59.9 - 70.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Gardevoir Focus Blast vs. +1 252 HP / 252+ SpD Dunsparce: 160-190 (39.6 - 47%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

This bulk on either side with or without investment is pretty nutty.

Something dunsparce does not have that dudunsparce does have and its bizzare and cool? Tailwind of all things. So that's something to keep in mind.

If it can make you happier, I likely will, though it depends on... if I actually run into one with a usable nature first :P

I have the bad habit (developed from too much breeding I guess) of refusing to use Pokemon with detrimental natures during story. I'll be ok with suboptimal (es, neutral, or +atk - def for example), but I won't use something actively bad for the pokemon (like a -atk or -speed nature)
Inclement emerald specifically has tarnished my ability to use bad natures

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)