SPOILERS! Scarlet & Violet Leaks Thread - Data/Mechanics

Just want to confirm but can evolutionary items be purchased at one of those Chansey and Delibird stores? I think I saw a screenshot with stones available but I’m curious about species specific items like Razor Claw (honestly I can’t think of anything returning in the Paldean dex which requires a unique item other than Sneasel lol).

Just want to confirm but can evolutionary items be purchased at one of those Chansey and Delibird stores? I think I saw a screenshot with stones available but I’m curious about species specific items like Razor Claw (honestly I can’t think of anything returning in the Paldean dex which requires a unique item other than Sneasel lol).
Scyther needs the Metal Coat, Applin needs its apples, Sinistea needs its pots, Slowpoke the King's Rock. Expanding out to form change items, Oricorio needs the Nectars

My work continues! Here's some BDSP/PLA new moves that carry forward to SV:

1668311479013.png

It's a shame a lot of the real interesting ones like Lunge Stantler didn't make it. But I guess he does get Megahorn? Whatever!

The False list is a lot longer so I won't bother pasting it. Some notable entries:
- Bergmite and by association both Avaluggs losing access to Ice Shard (praying for transfer to save us here!)
- Assurance Cacnea
- Baby-Doll Eyes on most things since it's not a TM but I found Chansey most notable among them
- Recover on Cresselia and Mesprit
- Mystical Fire on Drifloon line (BOOOO)
- Roost on Finneon line (BOOOOOOOOOOO)
- Focus Energy Gallade (would've been sick with Sharpness)
- Mach Punch Lucario
- Hypnosis Misdreavus
- Recover Petilil/Lilligant (though I supposed nerfed Recover PP makes this less important vs Synthesis)
- Double-Edge Rufflet (for non-Hisui Braviary in particular)
- Icicle Crash Snover line (though iirc they get Mountain Gale now? So whatever)
- Hypnosis Uxie

All in all, not bad! That should be it for oldgen learn checks. Still praying for move transfers and IOA tutors coming back in DLC...

Alright, nevermind - considering the placement, it's most likely dex related.
Here is the height, weight, catch rate, gender ratio, base friendship and EV yields of all Pokemon found in SV: https://pastebin.com/stVQdp7U
Thanks a lot for this! I put it into a spreadsheet format for people who like spreadsheets: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1MAQLLg60Y036EQYHtz0PjCBLEYcLgy6mhjsaUDxiSFY/edit?usp=sharing

I mean... potentially? I don't see a reason for it not to be the case.
However, from what I saw, raids have fixed movesets per star level / pokemon. I havent really found a Grimmsnarl one, if i do i'll let you know.
I assume given that several Male-only mons and Genderless mons have listed egg moves that something of this nature is the case, much like how a ton of unchainable egg moves were able to be sources to the Grand Underground in BDSP (though still tons that didn't work at all in that game... a mess)

Scyther needs the Metal Coat, Applin needs its apples, Sinistea needs its pots, Slowpoke the King's Rock. Expanding out to form change items, Oricorio needs the Nectars
Right, right.

Metal Coat and King’s Rock aren’t usually available to purchase anywhere actually, I think they’ve historically been wild held items beyond the one or so found on the ground. So that would be neat if you could finally buy them normally (along with all that other stuff).

ScraftyIsTheBest

On to new Horizons!
is a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Alright, nevermind - considering the placement, it's most likely dex related.
Here is the height, weight, catch rate, gender ratio, base friendship and EV yields of all Pokemon found in SV: https://pastebin.com/stVQdp7U

This signifies the end of my datamining for the games. I have gotten all that I wanted out of the data, and since public tools for extracting the trpfs/trpak files now seem to be popping up, anything else should be obtainable by other people. Goodbye until the next games leak!
Thanks a lot for this! I put it into a spreadsheet format for people who like spreadsheets: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1MAQLLg60Y036EQYHtz0PjCBLEYcLgy6mhjsaUDxiSFY/edit?usp=sharing
Looking at the catch rate values for Gen 9 mons...

Frigibax's evolutionary line is continuing to break traditions for the pseudo-legendaries. Usually a pseudo-legendary line has a consistent catch rate across the entire family, in most cases 45 across, and in the Beldum line's case a catch rate of 3, but this is the first time a pseudo-legendary family has had a different catch rate value for each stage.

Frigibax itself has a catch rate of 45, but then Arctibax has a catch rate of 25 and then Baxcalibur has a catch rate of 10. It actually drops in catch rate value across the whole family even though it starts at the base pseudo-legendary value of 45.

First the pre-evos' BSTs and now the catch rate. This family really is deviating from what's been usually done for pseudos.

I saw someone mention that headlong rush has the "punch" tag, if the punching glove item is just a held version of iron fist then you can get a 20% boost on a ground type close combat. Great Tusk doesn't seem to be able to make use of other punch moves, but both ursaluna and hariyama have a whole slew of them.
I looked at the code and it seems Close Combat now has the "punch" flag too.

Frigibax's evolutionary line is continuing to break traditions for the pseudo-legendaries. Usually a pseudo-legendary line has a consistent catch rate across the entire family, in most cases 45 across, and in the Beldum line's case a catch rate of 3, but this is the first time a pseudo-legendary family has had a different catch rate value for each stage.
Pokemon Yellow did it first.

Now I'm wondering if Headlong Rush getting the Punch flag in SV is in fact a different remnant than it getting the Punch flag in PLA. I feel like if they're gonna be general and give a move that's a lot of punches AND kicks the Punch flag then they might as well let Sucker Punch have it. After all, any Iron Fist / Sucker Punch user is probably using their fists...

EDIT: I am in fact not seeing that. Weird parse maybe?

Now I'm wondering if Headlong Rush getting the Punch flag in SV is in fact a different remnant than it getting the Punch flag in PLA. I feel like if they're gonna be general and give a move that's a lot of punches AND kicks the Punch flag then they might as well let Sucker Punch have it. After all, any Iron Fist / Sucker Punch user is probably using their fists...

EDIT: I am in fact not seeing that. Weird parse maybe?
Sucker Punch is called Surprise Attack in JP though. But I guess it would be funny imagining Spiritomb or Dugtrio somehow wearing the Boxing Gloves item for their Sucker Punch

Looking at the catch rates we have a "new" set: all the calamities are at 6. Before this it leaped from 3 to 10 (Zacian, Zamazenta) then 15 (Volcarona)
6 because they're evil, you see

The Paradoxes meanwhile:
-Roaring Moon & Iron Valiant are 10. They're the strongest of the Paradoxes, seem to be designed around Megas (I wonder if the Book alludes to this...) and given a bit more importance by dex placement so I suppose that tracks. I wonder if these two are meant to be unique captures?
-Great Tusk, Sandy Shocks, Flutter Mane, Slither Wing, Iron Treads, Iron Moth, Iron Jugulis, Iron Thorns are 30. I assume these are the "uncommon" paradoxes. It is kind of funny to look at this category that consists of the Donphans & Volcarona (they're clearly special since there's two versions of them) and 2 of the pseudos and then also....Misdreavus & Magneton.
-Brute Bonnet, Scream Tail, Iron Hands, Iron Bundle are 50. Likewise I assume these are the "common" paradoxes

quick vgc talk:

I looked through everything and we only have 3 follow me users: Indeede, pachirisu and maushold. Of them the bulkiest is definitely indeedee but maushold and pachirisu (for ancient vgc lore reasons) might have some value as users of it. notable vgc stuff for each:

indeedee is the only one of the 3 with fake out, but it kind of can only use it if it does not use psychic surge so we might see some not use psychic surge for that reason, however one pokemon does have expanding force. Armarouge. So that's a combo to keep in mind.

Pachirisu has access to nuzzle, super fang, etc and some other utility options so its merrit as a follow me user is still present.

Maushold: Friend guard on a fully evolved pokemon with semi passable defenses (74/70/75) is pretty lit. Of the follow me users it is also the bulkiest on the defensive side (which isn't saying a lot) and is the fastest. Other notable moves it has: switcheroo, encore, taunt, super fang, thunder fang, helping hand, charm, and probably most interesting: after you. I think this mon is being sleeped on for its vgc support capabilities.

edit: Also notable thing about maushold: it is the fastest user of after you avaliable in the game outside of the chlorophyl liligants in sun.

Last edited:
I looked at the code and it seems Close Combat now has the "punch" flag too.
Honestly if this is true it'd be HUGE as a buff, but only to mons not even in the dex like Conkeldurr or Hitmonchan. Conk would still probably prefer Guts for the status immunity, but the lack of residual chip per turn is nice as well.

(Actually in lower tiers, Crabominable could make use of this, but its still slow as hell; It only really become a viable pick in Gen 7 PU because of being able to counter Aurorus who isn't in the game anymore, but perhaps it still could have leverage this gen; Someone mentioned Pawmot already so I won't restate what they said)

Last edited:
Honestly if this is true it'd be HUGE as a buff, but only to mons not even in the dex like Conkeldurr or Hitmonchan. Conk would still probably prefer Guts for the status immunity, but the lack of residual chip per turn is nice as well.

(Actually in lower tiers, Crabominable could make use of this, but its still slow as hell; It only really become a viable pick in Gen 7 PU because of being able to counter Aurorus who isn't in the game anymore, but perhaps it still could have leverage this gen)
Depending on the multiplier on the new padded glove item, it might be worth it to ditch guts all together for a focus on close combat, Mach punch and an elemental punch.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 18)