SPOILERS! Scarlet & Violet Leaks Thread - Data/Mechanics

baby

evil and f*cked up teen welcome to my twisted mind

I'm a responsible adult now
such beauty and grace from the salt boy and yet he has no real support moves lmao.

For a pure rock type his competitive viability is pretty fascinating though. Homie has some great coverage and movepool in general. Hes gonna be a might in mid tiers tbh.

If anyone here has been playing the game, have you encountered any Pokemon with a special tera type?
A Jigglypuff was shown with the Water tera type in a trailer, and in the personal table there's an unknown field that matches the Water type ID for Jiggylpuff.
So this is another thing I don't fully understand. Do pokemon only get a handful of tera types available to them?

Alright, nevermind - considering the placement, it's most likely dex related.
Here is the height, weight, catch rate, gender ratio, base friendship and EV yields of all Pokemon found in SV: https://pastebin.com/stVQdp7U

This signifies the end of my datamining for the games. I have gotten all that I wanted out of the data, and since public tools for extracting the trpfs/trpak files now seem to be popping up, anything else should be obtainable by other people. Goodbye until the next games leak!

Dawg im pretty sure theya ren't in anny sinnoh and overqwil wasn't mentioned by name because literally every single Sinnoh game came out before Legends so the Hisui mons didn't exist yet. So I really have to wxplain that "the book says its a qwilfish with big spikes" isn't a retcon of overqwil but rather a "They didn't reveal overqwil yet so they very obviously can't talk about it"? This is literally like saying Lickilicky is extinct in Kanto because its not in RBY nor FRLG.

Not to mention Paras and Vulpix are in PLA but not DPP so even if you for some reason want to die on the hill that they don't exist in modern sinnoh despite there being no post-pla sinnoh games, they aren't necessarily extinct everywhere. Much like how Paras used to exist in sinnoh, doenst' exist in sinnoh but exists in other regions, wyrderr could have existed in sinnoh, not be in modern sinnoh but still be in modern games

I really don't get why ppl think the hisui mons are extinct or why they think SV should use some time travel explaination on why these species exist when there really isn't much suggesting they don't exist anymore
I mean, you're not wrong, but the anime did have that episode showcasing extinct pokemon in a museum filled with stuffed models of Wyrdeer, Hisuian Braviary, etc.

EDIT: Here it is: https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/JNS01
800px-Hisuian_Pokemon_anime.png

Here is the height, weight, catch rate, gender ratio, base friendship and EV yields of all Pokemon found in SV: https://pastebin.com/stVQdp7U

This signifies the end of my datamining for the games. I have gotten all that I wanted out of the data, and since public tools for extracting the trpfs/trpak files now seem to be popping up, anything else should be obtainable by other people. Goodbye until the next games leak!
o7 mate, you're a hero

Actually, I have not seen Paradox Suicune/Virizion.
Dawg im pretty sure they aren't in any modern sinnoh games and overqwil wasn't mentioned by name because literally every single Sinnoh game came out before Legends so the Hisui mons didn't exist yet. Do I really have to explain that "the book says its a qwilfish with big spikes" isn't a retcon of overqwil but rather a "They didn't reveal overqwil yet so they very obviously can't talk about it"? This is literally like saying Lickilicky is extinct in Kanto because its not in RBY nor FRLG.

Not to mention Paras and Vulpix are in PLA but not DPP so even if you for some reason want to die on the hill that they don't exist in modern sinnoh despite there being no post-pla sinnoh games, they aren't necessarily extinct everywhere. Much like how Paras used to exist in sinnoh, doens't exist in modern sinnoh but exists in other regions, wyrdeer could have existed in sinnoh, not be in modern sinnoh but still be in modern games

I really don't get why ppl think the hisui mons are extinct or why they think SV should use some time travel explaination on why these species exist when there really isn't much suggesting they don't exist anymore
I mean, yes, there's the real world reason that "The Pokemon didn't exist yet."

I'm talking about it from an in-universe perspective. You can handwave *ANY* retcon or whatnot away from simply "This Pokemon didn't exist yet, thus no mention of them was made." I'm talking exclusively about from an in-universe perspective.

Remember, this is the same series which heavily implied in ORAS that Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald were happening alongside ORAS concurrently in the timeline, Pokemon lore is "Make it up as we go", but there's still some reasoning to everything strictly from a story perspective.

Okay so, I was a bit iffy on the design for a while but the combination of these 2 things and a few other discoveries have changed my opinion it. You see, many mons in this game reference Kaijus or allude to Godzilla, but Baxcalibur is the closest we'll ever get to the King of the Kaijus. Allow me to explain:

While I'm certain a japanese studio would be loathe to include ANY part of the maligned 1999 Godzilla film (so much so that they officially dubbed that version of Godzilla "Zilla"), the similarity to Minilla and Showa Godzilla are pretty clear. the gray skin, the awkward nose on the base form, and hey, Zilla evolving into Godzilla might even be a jab on what the superior form is. From its general stature to its Sail, you an tell its meant to evoke its visage to the viewer.

Exhibit B: Evolution and Ability

Godzilla is permanently tied to the terror that is the nuclear bomb, and its evolution line and ability is no different. Frigibax evolves into Archibax at level 35. This is a reference to Uranium-235, the isotope that is responsible for making the deadly atomic bombs by utilizing nuclear fission. Next, Archibax evolves into Baxcalibur at level 54, which is a BIG clue. You see, 1954 is when the first debut of Godzilla hit theaters, a movie who's impact both become a centerpiece of japan and a plea to halt nuclear testing lest the world be destroyed. Godzilla IS the metaphor of the atomic bomb in its original showing, and it doesnt just stop at the evolution line. Its ability is Thermal Exchange, which whenever it gets hit by a Fire move, it raises it's attack by 1. This is how Nuclear Fission works; a chain reaction that can heat things up in a controlled environment or spiral into giant explosions when not contained, such as with bombs. So yes, heating up Baxcaliber will result it in the blunder blowing up with your face as it mauls you. But this is also a reference to Godzilla heating itself up with radiation, sometimes gaining incredibly powerful new forms when overexposed to nuclear element, such as the recent Thermonuclear Godzilla in King of the Monsters (2019)

Exhibit C: The Animation

So my first reaction was "This is goofy as all hell. Why would they animate it like this." But after I started connecting the dots and looked at the gif again, I realized it's not just gliding, its expelling cold breath from his maw to propel himself forward, not even touching the ground. and thats when I realized this was 100% intentional and a callback. Not to the Dropkick which is equally hilarious and from a similar time period, but to the fact that Godzilla could Actually FLY in the air by using its breath as a propulsion device.

Conclusion:Baxcalibur is the Godzillia-iest Godzilla that ever zilla'd, Ttar be damned. I still feel like its a little underdesigned, but with so many clear cut references, I wouldnt be surprised of Toho themselves were closeby, just waiting to issue a lawsuit if they gave him one sail to many. As a fan of Pokemon, Kaijus, AND Godzilla, I cant bring myself to dislike its goofy kingly self. I do have one question though...

WHY WASNT THIS IN THE GAME WITH THE GIANT KAIJU BATTLES?!
Yea this is probably my Favorite pokemon announced. I'll need to see Lokix's attack animations to confirm though.

Did TTar lose its spot as the obvious Godzilla stand in? Will lockstin have to make a new YouTube video comparing who is the better hommage?

That glaive rush animation is everything I could have hoped for. I kind of imagined it sminning like a biz saw to be honest lol.

What's neat is that the pokedex descriptions mention it absorbing heat through it's fin to convert to cold energy. It's basically a paradox Godzilla of sorts.

Dawg im pretty sure they aren't in any modern sinnoh games and overqwil wasn't mentioned by name because literally every single Sinnoh game came out before Legends so the Hisui mons didn't exist yet. Do I really have to explain that "the book says its a qwilfish with big spikes" isn't a retcon of overqwil but rather a "They didn't reveal overqwil yet so they very obviously can't talk about it"? This is literally like saying Lickilicky is extinct in Kanto because its not in RBY nor FRLG.

Not to mention Paras and Vulpix are in PLA but not DPP so even if you for some reason want to die on the hill that they don't exist in modern sinnoh despite there being no post-pla sinnoh games, they aren't necessarily extinct everywhere. Much like how Paras used to exist in sinnoh, doens't exist in modern sinnoh but exists in other regions, wyrdeer could have existed in sinnoh, not be in modern sinnoh but still be in modern games

When the conceit of the pokemon is "these pokemon evolved to adapt to a region from a couple hundred years ago that no longer acts like this in the present" and then the very next generation purposely excludes the ability to get any of them, even the ones who hypothetically could evolve but arbitrarily cant...

i think it's pretty obvious to see why the "in-universe extinct" idea came about currently, regardless of what happens moving forward

Thanks for all the info!

I asked someone earlier in this thread and they said it only removes bind, wrap, and leech seed like the description says.

I hope like hell they were wrong.
It's dex entry is the exact same as Rapid Spin's in Gen 8 with the extra mention of poison. If it doesn't remove hazards then that'd mean base Rapid Spin doesn't remove hazards anymore either, or they made a blunder in giving it the same descriptor.

Tandemaus: Exhibiting great teamwork, they use their incisors to cut pieces out of any material that might be useful for a nest, then make off with them.

For the people that explained why Population Bomb is cutting, good guess. The better question is what's the point of classifying it as Sharp when none of the mice forms can get Sharpness. And what's better berween Technician Pop Bomb or Sharpness Pop Bomb?

I was talking about this earlier but I think it's an issue of scope and resources: Battle tower (or whatever it's called) sets and teams can take a lot of time to create and have the AI be useful somewhat, all for a feature ignored by most of the fanbase and met with disdain for quite a few of the users it's meant to cater to.

You can definitely improve it, but improving it takes a lot more time, while the celling of people you can please with this is very low (no matter how perfect a competitive mode is, at the end of the day, most players aren't big on competitive and don't like battling like that). Compare that to putting that resource on the main and post story routes, which give a more immediate positive feedback, and people are more fond of as post game content.

Honestly, I wish they'd go all in on good plots, both for main and post game, and then made stuff like battle frontiers or whatever DLC, but that's not nearly as profitable lol
Or even the bare minimum in difficulty modifiers, but kids and phones or some shit.

Doing a couple calcs for my own benefit and thought you guys would be interested to see.

Abomasnow is really interesting with the snow change (this is assuming the weather defenses boost is +1)

252 SpA Gengar Sludge Bomb vs. +1 252 HP / 4 SpD Abomasnow: 224-266 (58.3 - 69.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252 Atk Garchomp Fire Fang vs. +1 252 HP / 0 Def Abomasnow: 244-288 (63.5 - 75%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252 Atk Tsareena High Jump Kick vs. +1 252 HP / 0 Def Abomasnow: 226-268 (58.8 - 69.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Maybe not the best mon or move choices but I wanted to take a look at a couple random ones. He can survive and then kill all 3 of these. if he is able to get up aurora veil his tankiness gets even higher. He's still not like insane but he at least has a little more value outside of just setting which might make slush rush cores more interesting in vgc.

With that in mind I did this calc for Cetitan:

0 SpA Heatran Magma Storm vs. +1 0 HP / 4 SpD Cetitan (stats and type): 290-344 (60.2 - 71.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after trapping damage

252 Atk Life Orb Cetitan Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Heatran: 489-577 (126.6 - 149.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 12)