SPOILERS! Scarlet & Violet Leaks Thread - Data/Mechanics

Forked my Hawlucha RM so I could keep both a Power-Up Punch and and full RM version. So thanks for that, GF. :blobglare:

What's their problem with Power-Up Punch anyhow? Yes, it was broken with Mega Kang and Technician mons shouldn't get access to it, but after that? GF has introduced so many busted moves, I really don't see why they needed/wanted to remove it. We got Pokemon going +6 with one attacking move these days -_-.

By the way if any of you is wondering if this game is remotely hard: you can do the exact same thing of SwSh where you can catch a stone-evo and you find the stones on the ground then teach lvl 1 moves.

Also, assuming you have the patience, you can catch way higher level pokemon. My buddy casually just caught a lvl 34 and 37 gabite while having a lvl 24 party, and got pretty close to just randomly catching a lvl 75 Lucario from a den before it died to burn dmg.

So no, don't get your hopes up, if you have basic pokemon knowledge you can break this game exactly like SwSh.

...and we still can't figure how breeding works, spent like 30 mins in the "camp" without getting eggs or anything.

Also personal gripe: I *hate* that you can see on the map pokemon that are unreachable or underground, and by the time you reach them ofc they have despised.

By the way if any of you is wondering if this game is remotely hard: you can do the exact same thing of SwSh where you can catch a stone-evo and you find the stones on the ground then teach lvl 1 moves.

Also, assuming you have the patience, you can catch way higher level pokemon. My buddy casually just caught a lvl 34 and 37 gabite while having a lvl 24 party, and got pretty close to just randomly catching a lvl 75 Lucario from a den before it died to burn dmg.

So no, don't get your hopes up, if you have basic pokemon knowledge you can break this game exactly like SwSh.

...and we still can't figure how breeding works, spent like 30 mins in the "camp" without getting eggs or anything.

Also personal gripe: I *hate* that you can see on the map pokemon that are unreachable or underground, and by the time you reach them ofc they have despised.
I'm really not going to count "can catch extremely high leveled pokemon" against a game's difficulty curve, that's something you're opting into actively.

the stone evolution thing is hilarious because LA showed the right way to do this: just treat them like normal level up move pools lol

By this point, Power-Up punch has become emblematic to me as a later-gen move that it would be really cool to see in the older Frontier facilities (Arena in this instance). Given the general lack of reinstating removed moves, its removal reads as confirmation that something I've wanted for years is and will be impossible.
and who knows, there may not even be a battle facility this time!

Miraidon's signature move effect feels like a waste to me. The effect on fighting makes sense because there are a lot of bulky mons with types weak to fighting, but what on earth is a supereffective STAB-boosted electric terrain boosted 100BP move coming off 135 special attack and a boost on top of that not going to OHKO anyway?

Oh this looks like ACTUALLY good... may make Lunala come back to VGC
This is Cresselia's move from PLA, surely?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 6)