SPOILERS! Scarlet & Violet Leaks Thread - Data/Mechanics

Raging Bull
The user performs a tackle like a raging bull. This move’s type depends on the user’s form. It can also break barriers, such as Light Screen and Reflect.

Tauros gets a Water/Fire type Brick Break (not sure why its base form is Fighting and then given this..)

Not that Eternabeam was ever good, but I'm still amused they cut it, presumably because its animation shows Eternamax which isn't canonically possible outside of Galar.

It's also interesting that Doom Desire and Psycho Boost got dexited, but no other legendary signatures.

It's also interesting that Doom Desire and Psycho Boost got dexited, but no other legendary signatures.
I'd point that some signature moves were "dexited" in SwSh but got brought back with DLCs when their respective owners were added back to the game.

So expecially for pokemon not present in the data right now, i'd take the missing moves with a grain of salt.
(Not Eternatus, as that one *IS* in the data afaik)

Not that Eternabeam was ever good, but I'm still amused they cut it, presumably because its animation shows Eternamax which isn't canonically possible outside of Galar.

iirc SWSH was similar in a lot of respects. Some moves were fully dexited (then UNdexited when they came back), others would actually kind of work, others were only partially dexited

funny to see it happen again

Raging Bull
The user performs a tackle like a raging bull. This move’s type depends on the user’s form. It can also break barriers, such as Light Screen and Reflect.

Tauros gets a Water/Fire type Brick Break (not sure why its base form is Fighting and then given this..)
Tauros didn't learn Brick Break, so even if it's the same power Taurus Black still gets it to play with.

And normal tauros which will presumably turn the move normal type can...also use it I guess?

Population Bomb:
The user’s fellows gather in droves to perform a combo
attack that hits the target one to ten times in a row.

dahel, does this stack with parental bond??
Fillet Away
The user sharply boosts its Attack, Sp. Atk, and Speed stats by using its own HP.

oh the hake fish gets a semi-omni boost
More like a shell fillet smash

awyp

'Alexa play Ladyfingers by Herb Alpert'
is a Forum Moderatoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
I'm not gonna lie I think the designers did an excellent job on Paradox Hariyama, it looks like a different form but you can tell it's related to Hariyama (you can tell it can be an electric type). Now Paradox Tyranitar just looks like a robotic version of Tyranitar, I have mixed feelings on it.

Ah cool, that's only... *checks notes*... another 9 Pokemon of mine that will be usable or need complete moveset changes. Was expecting another SwSh level of pain. Neat.

:psycry: I'm so tired.
If Aromatherapy / Heal Bell are gone in Gen 9, stall will be really hard to play with, jeez.

Last edited:
Ah cool, that's only... *checks notes*... another 9 Pokemon of mine that will be usable or need complete moveset changes. Was expecting another SwSh level of pain. Neat.

:psycry: I'm so tired.
Eh, considering that on their own the stall nerfs are going to reshape competitive a ton, I wouldn't worry about it.

You'll likely have to relearn the entire game in first place :psysly:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 9)