Project RU Teambuilding Factory (NEW) (Be Sure to Read the OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DKFirelord

Back this time I swear!
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Gangsta

Slowking and Mega Abomasnow are the drops we got this tier shift and as requested build a team around Mega Abomasnow + Slowking so let's get into the team. Slowking can go with 2 sets for this team the first one being Calm Mind Colbur The Evs are to creep other Slokings while the rest is but into Defence and HP allowing Slwoing to take hits better the second set is a NP Offensive Colbur King with Fire Blast Scald and Psyshock the Evs are to creep opposing Slowkings and Mega Abomasnows after they Mega Evolve. Next Mega Aboma I decided to use a mix attacking set with Blizzard, Ice Shard, Giga Drain, and Earyhquake EQ hits Emboar, Houndoom, and Delphox you could replace Giga Drain with Wood Hammer if you wanted to and change it to Naughty and swap the Evs for SpAtt and Att if you wanted a easier way to handle CM Slowing. The Evs outspeeds up to 24 Speed Rhyperior and decided to go max SpAtt and dumped the rest in Att as mentioned you could change it to a more physical set my swapping the SpAtt and Att Evs. Flygon was added as another Fire resist and Hazard Remover I went with Earthpower to hit Mega Steelix harder and recently I started to use Fire Blast on defensive Flygon more catches a few things off guard like Brongzong, Mega Aboma, and Durant all of which can take or is immune to Earthpower. Evs are to outspeed Adament Tyrantrum and the SpDef investment allows it to better handle Houndoom. I wanted some speed for this team since it seemed slow and added Choice Scarf Emboar as a Durant and Houndoom check. Drapion is actually not that terrible right now since it can handle the recent drops and is this team Psychic check went Earyqauke over Aqua Tail to hit Mega- Steelix harder. The last member is offensive rocks Seismatoad since I needed a rocker. The Evs outspeed Modest Claw and the rest were put into HP and SpAtt. Sludge Wave is to hit opposing Grass-types like Mega Aboma, Tangrowth, and Virizion on the switch in and can 2OHKO them. Main threats to the team is Vivilion it can littlery destroy this team if it's not in Ice Shard range, SD Rott can also be a probleam, and Fletchinder is pretty painful. Leftover can be used instead if you prefer the recovery.

Theo (Slowking) @ Colbur Berry / Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 196 HP / 248 Def / 64 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Scald
- Slack Off
- Psyshock
- Calm Mind

Or

Delico (Slowking) @ Colbur Berry / Leftovers
EVs: 156 HP / 252 SpA / 100 Spe
Modest Nature
- Fire Blast
- Scald
- Psyshock
- Nasty Plot

Worick (Abomasnow-Mega) @ Abomasite
Ability: Snow Warning
EVs: 148 Atk / 252 SpA / 108 Spe
Rash Nature
- Ice Shard
- Earthquake
- Giga Drain
- Blizzard

Alex (Flygon) @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 116 Def / 120 SpD / 20 Spe
Calm Nature
- Defog
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Roost

Doug (Emboar) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Reckless
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Superpower
- Wild Charge
- Sucker Punch

Nicolas (Drapion) @ Lum Berry
Ability: Battle Armor
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Poison Jab
- Earthquake
- Knock Off

Daniel (Seismitoad) @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 120 HP / 252 SpA / 136 Spe
Modest Nature
- Sludge Wave
- Stealth Rock
- Scald
- Earth Power

xSkelly34

Last edited:
Kableye
Diamond Dust

Mega Abomasnow is really a Pokemon very cool and interesting to build, your typing coupled with access to setup and priority moves and his good offensive status make Aboma a Pokemon very complicated to deal Being able after a SD to sweep entire teams both slow defensive teams or offensive but fragile. This creep allows Aboma overcome things like Eelektross and other Aboma which can be quite useful. Since the large capacity Aboma to open holes in the opposing team and also taking into account the weaknesses that it has I decided for the next slot add Scarf Tyrantrum, Tyrantrum has trouble with bulky steel / rock types as Mega Steelix and Rhyperior Aboma can weaken his checks then later he can be free to spam his STAB moves, Tyrantrum in return resists fire and flying can check for example Houdoom and Fletchinder to Aboma. These two are weak to Fighting then added Sigilyph adding a Fighting check plus a second WinCon. Flame Orb helps Sigi not suffer from status as Spore and Thunder Wave plus do it burn physycal Attackers can then set up more easily. Houndoom was added as Psychic check helping the team against Melo / Delphox / Sigi addition of a second fire check Houdoom helps both Aboma, Tyrantrum and Sigi cope better with their checks becomes so a very important member. In the last two slots Seismitoad sets rocks and checks Fire, Fletch, Tyrantrum and Durant for the team while Hitmonlee is the team's hazard control still checks steel and rock types for the rest of the team beyond be the third priority of the squad.

Nothern Impact (Abomasnow) @ Abomasite
Ability: Soundproof
EVs: 144 HP / 252 Atk / 112 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Ice Shard
- Seed Bomb
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance

Jurassic Emperor (Tyrantrum) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Rock Head
Jolly Nature
- Head Smash
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Superpower

Eternal God (Sigilyph) @ Flame Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Air Slash
- Roost
- Psycho Shift
- Calm Mind

NightTail (Houndoom) @ Life Orb
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 220 Atk / 36 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Pursuit
- Sucker Punch
- Fire Blast
- Crunch

Mc Sapon (Seismitoad) @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Scald
- Earth Power
- Sludge Bomb

By the Way (Hitmonlee) @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Knock Off
- Mach Punch
- Rapid Spin
Enjoy :]

eren

je suis d'ailleurs
Twitter fingers turn to trigger fingers
this is my second remind to post later sigh im bad

Ping_Pong_Along

Bitches love underscores
Dragongroudon9
Return of the King

At long last, the king has returned! Sorry, I couldn't help myself. I hope you don't mind, but I did play around Slowking's spread a bit. The investment in SpA is to ensure an OHKO against Fletchinder at full health, which is pretty common, and still allows it to take a +2 Acrobatics. If you want to change it back to the original spread, I'd recommend Stone Edge on Mega Steelix as I find Toxic to be an unreliable answer to Fletchinder. The first thing I added to this team was Emboar to help deal with Grass types, Houndoom, and Mega Abomasnow. This is the defensive set which isn't extremely common, but works quite well with this core. You can easily change this to Choice Scarf though for a more offensive option. My next concern was Virizion and other fighting types, so I went with a current favorite of mine, Gourgeist-XL which is also good at taking out things like Seismitoad, which the team had an issue with. I was originally running Flygon, but building a defensive team without Heal Bell was awkward, so I went with Togetic, which is also nice for Scrafty. The next thing I wanted was something to take on Psychic types, since Mega Steelix can't bare the weight alone. I went with SpD Drapion to absorb and set Toxic Spikes. Outspeeding Exploud for Knock Off is also extremely helpful. Pursuit's a pretty underrated option on Drapion and takes a lot of people by surprise. You could make some adjustments to the team to make it more offensive, such as Choice Scarf Emboar and Flygon over Togetic. I wanted to fit Wish support on this as well, but there really wasn't room. I put just a bit of speed on Slowking and Mega Steelix so that they outspeed Amoonguss. I don't think it's worth it for this team to get in a speed creep war with Mega Abomasnow and other Mega Steelix. It's a bit Pursuit weak (though Gourgeist-XL can tank these decently) and has some issues with Mega Camerupt, so you could maybe make some adjustments for another bulky Water type, but I haven't been seeing much of Mega Camerupt since Mega Abomasnow dropped.

Aragorn (Slowking) @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 160 Def / 92 SpA / 8 Spe
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Scald
- Psyshock
- Slack Off

Gandalf (Steelix-Mega) @ Steelixite
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 96 Atk / 152 SpD / 8 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Heavy Slam
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic

Samwise (Emboar) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Superpower
- Flare Blitz
- Protect

Arwen (Gourgeist-Super) @ Leftovers
Ability: Frisk
EVs: 248 HP / 60 Def / 200 SpD
Careful Nature
- Synthesis
- Seed Bomb
- Will-O-Wisp
- Rock Slide

Frodo (Togetic) @ Eviolite
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Heal Bell
- Defog
- Roost
- Dazzling Gleam

Gollum (Drapion) @ Black Sludge
EVs: 252 HP / 212 SpD / 44 Spe
Careful Nature
- Knock Off
- Pursuit
- Toxic Spikes
- Whirlwind

Hey guys. I'd like to request an offensive team around hazard setting Qwilfish and Mesprit. I've made my own team around them and it was pretty succesful. Mesprit takes the psychic and ground attacks for Qwilfish, and also provides rocks for the team. Also provides a nice hazard stack core. Thanks :)

Cheryl.

Celesteela is Life
Hello guys. I would like to request an offensive or balanced team around Eelektross (Expert Belt or AV) and Sneasel. It's a nice core that uses Sneasel to defeat some of Eelektross' checks and counters, like Flygon. And Eelektross uses it's coverage to defeat a lot of stuff that Sneasel can't handle, like MegaLix or Mola. Thanks! :)

The sets:

Eelektross @ Assault Vest / Expert Belt
Modest / Quiet Nature
EVS: 252 SpA / 252 HP / 4 Atk
Moves:
- Volt Switch
- Flamethrower
- Giga Drain
- Knock Off / Thunderbolt / Drain Punch

Sneasel Life Orb
Jolly Nature
EVS: 252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 Def
Moves:
- Ice Shard
- Knock Off
- Low Kick
- Icicle Crash

MrAldo

Hey
is a Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Fineonbae

Mesprit @ Colbur Berry
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Psychic
- Dazzling Gleam
- Healing Wish

Qwilfish @ Black Sludge
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 240 HP / 204 Def / 64 Spe
Timid Nature
- Taunt
- Spikes
- Thunder Wave
- Scald

Drapion @ Lum Berry
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off
- Poison Jab
- Aqua Tail

Glalie @ Glalitite
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 232 Atk / 24 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Ice Shard
- Double-Edge
- Freeze-Dry
- Earthquake

Durant @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Hustle
Jolly Nature
- Baton Pass
- Iron Head
- X-Scissor
- Superpower

Tyrantrum @ Lum Berry
Ability: Rock Head
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Head Smash

Hazard stacking offense is fun. Main goal of the team is to support a scarf durant clean-up, or even a tyrantrum clean-up wearing down its checks. Mesprit + Qwilfish form the hazard setter core, having solid synergy and providing an excellent backbone for opposing fighting types.

Next we have drapion, which love the spikes support since it wear down common switch-ins like mega steelix and rhyperior to the point where +2 drapion could plow through them. Mixed mega glalie provides the team a wallbreaker, a really solid one that invalidates switch-ins thanks to the hazards, standard alomomola is 2hko with spikes + SR and something else that helps to wear down mega steelix. Scarf durant is incredible against opposing offense builds, then you add hazards then it becomes a gg, amazing revenge killer that really appreciates the hazards. Last, I wanted a secondary fire resist and secondary setup sweeper so I wanted with dragon dance tyrantrum. Idk, this set receive too much hate and not enough love, isnt even that bad since +1 attack and speed tyrantrum is scary and lum berry let it setup more easily against potential status issues.

I have a good couple of teams since it is a concept where you can get pretty creative with. Wanted to share a fairly solid one. Any issues just say so. Hope you enjoy!

fran17

(1999)
Sneasel @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Icicle Crash
- Knock Off
- Ice Shard
- Swords Dance

Smeargle @ Focus Sash
Ability: Own Tempo
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Spore
- Memento
- Sticky Web

Abomasnow @ Life Orb
EVs: 8 Atk / 248 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Giga Drain
- Blizzard
- Focus Blast
- Ice Shard

Mismagius @ Colbur Berry
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Taunt
- Destiny Bond
- Shadow Ball
- Dazzling Gleam

Sigilyph @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Psyshock
- Energy Ball
- Heat Wave

Flygon @ Choice Band
Shiny: Yes
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Iron Tail

The team is a web offense based on the late game sweep of Sneasel. Standard aboma was added as he can bring ice checks to the point where sneasel can kill them after a boost, and then sweep :) Mismagius and Sigilypih were added to check fighting types which check the main core of the team. The former acts as a spinblocker and stallbreaker. Flygon was added as last in order to check fire and rock types, and also he gives the team a really strong wallbreaker :) I don't have much more to say, since this is a rather standard offensive build, you should play safely againist Fletch, since at +2 it just wins, but you can beat him with the priority of Aboma (which should be faster of the bulky set) and of Sneasel. A more physical spread on Aboma can be run, but you should change the moveset to Wood Hammer / Blizzard / Ice Shard / Earthquake, because now the spread is meant to OHKO flygon after rocks and hail damage. Also Choice Scarf can be run on Flygon if you feel better with it :)

This is the team someone requested, but then he deleted his post D: I built anyway so guy who asked this, here is your team :toast:

Abomasnow @ Life Orb
EVs: 160 Atk / 96 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Wood Hammer
- Blizzard
- Earthquake
- Ice Shard

Last edited:
Sneasel @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Icicle Crash
- Knock Off
- Ice Shard
- Swords Dance

Smeargle @ Focus Sash
Ability: Own Tempo
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Spore
- Memento
- Sticky Web

Abomasnow @ Life Orb
EVs: 8 Atk / 248 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Giga Drain
- Blizzard
- Focus Blast
- Ice Shard

Mismagius @ Colbur Berry
Timid Nature
- Taunt
- Destiny Bond
- Shadow Ball
- Dazzling Gleam

Sigilyph @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Psyshock
- Energy Ball
- Heat Wave

Flygon @ Choice Band
Shiny: Yes
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Iron Tail

The team is a web offense based on the late game sweep of Sneasel. Standard aboma was added as he can bring ice checks to the point where sneasel can kill them after a boost, and then sweep :) Mismagius and Sigilypih were added to check fighting types which check the main core of the team. The former acts as a spinblocker and stallbreaker. Flygon was added as last in order to check fire and rock types, and also he gives the team a really strong wallbreaker :) I don't have much more to say, since this is a rather standard offensive build, you should play safely againist Fletch, since at +2 it just wins, but you can beat him with the priority of Aboma (which should be faster of the bulky set) and of Sneasel. A more physical spread on Aboma can be run, but you should change the moveset to Wood Hammer / Blizzard / Ice Shard / Earthquake, because now the spread is meant to OHKO flygon after rocks and hail damage. Also Choice Scarf can be run on Flygon if you feel better with it :)

This is the team someone requested, but then he deleted his post D: I built anyway so guy who asked this, here is your team :toast:

Abomasnow @ Life Orb
EVs: 160 Atk / 96 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Wood Hammer
- Blizzard
- Earthquake
- Ice Shard
Ah thank you. My post was deleted because i didnt follow the op rules

fran17

(1999)
Here is your team based around DD Scrafty and screens. Screen offense is a really nice playstyle, although it needs some skill to be played. It works really good with Scrafty because he really like having something that helps him to boost with ease.

Durant was added as a fairy check, and he can beat fast scarfers which can revenge kill Scrafty. Then I added Rotom because he formed a nice volturn core with Durant, and he could weaken bulky water which checked ant, also Trick allows me to play better againist stall and gives Scrafty some free turns to try to setup, which is nice. Samurott was added as another wallbreaker, which checks fletch too with Aqua Jet, as he was pretty threatening. Delphox is my second wincondition. SubSalac is really good and can win games by itself if played well, and since the rest of the team can beat doom I thought it was the better choice.
Uxie @ Light Clay
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn
- Reflect
- Light Screen

Samurott @ Life Orb
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Rash Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Grass Knot

Scrafty (M) @ Coba Berry
Ability: Shed Skin
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Iron Head
- High Jump Kick
- Knock Off

Delphox (M) @ Salac Berry
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Calm Mind
- Fire Blast
- Psychic

Durant @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Hustle
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- X-Scissor
- Superpower
- Baton Pass

Rotom-Mow @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Leaf Storm
- Trick

Requesting a balance team to be built around Aromatisse. Aromatisse is a great cleric that helps support teams by passing wishes, healing status via heal bell, and overall having good defenses and bulk to complement it's cleric duties.

Aromatisse @ Leftovers
Ability: Aroma Veil
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Moonblast
- Aromatherapy

Senpai D.M

さようなら
Hello frens requesting a balance / ho team around Swanna that works haha. I dont know why its not even ranked tbh. With Pelipper hype Swanna also has a niche :3 and I want to prove it but Im bad / lazy at building have fun building!

Swanna @ Life Orb
Ability: Hydration
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Scald
- Defog
- Roost

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)