Project RU Teambuilding Factory (NEW) (Be Sure to Read the OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

eren

je suis d'ailleurs

ssunbae
s/o to Brick Small. for helping n_n
s/o to Diogo for dank nicknames

/
Heya, this will be my first description actually explaining a thought process lol. So to begin, I added Mega Bannete with its standard set and a bit of speed creep. Then we thought spike stack would be cool, so qwilfish, the best spiker, was subsequently added to help support a potential Ban sweep. Rhyperior was added as the rocker, due to us alreasy using the mega slot. Rhyperior checks similar things as well which is nice. CM Virizion was added as bulky water check and Hitmonlee was added a spinner. After that is when things get a little shaky
Escavalier was initially added to help check Meloetta however Sigi threatened this team very much so a Chople berry Houndoom was added to check both. If you feel like bot running Chople doom, you can just run Escava however just play vs Sigi a lot more aggresively. Enjoy

fAnTaSiA (Banette-Mega) (M) @ Banettite
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 192 HP / 252 Atk / 64 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Sucker Punch
- Shadow Claw
- Knock Off

PaCiFiC sTaTe (Qwilfish) (M) @ Black Sludge
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 228 HP / 168 Def / 112 Spe
Impish Nature
- Toxic Spikes
- Spikes
- Waterfall
- Thunder Wave

sUbStAnCe AbUsE (Rhyperior) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 228 HP / 16 Atk / 240 SpD / 24 Spe
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Roar
- Earthquake
- Rock Blast

wOrLD eNd GaRdEn (Virizion) @ Leftovers
Ability: Justified
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Focus Blast
- Giga Drain

pArAdisE lOsT (Hitmonlee) @ Life Orb
Ability: Reckless
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Knock Off
- Mach Punch
- Rapid Spin

aStRaL aPaChE (Houndoom) (M) @ Chople Berry
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 232 Atk / 24 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Pursuit
- Fire Blast
- Sucker Punch

It has been a week since my last request so i'm going to request a team to be built around (drumroll plz)
Mega Camerupt is a mon that cannot simply be switched into, as it has a strong dual stab combination that puts holes into teams by just the click of a move. I would prefer the team to be balance but if you feel mega rupt does better in offense than go for it! EDIT: i meant that a mon simply cannot switch into mega camerupt without having a huge chunk of their hp taken out (this does not apply to mantine)

HypnoEmpire

Yokatta...
Requesting a team built around SD Baton Pass Scyther. I never see Scyther around and this set probably takes advantage of its capabilities the most. Scyther is pretty cool but I can't imagine it doing anything else in this tier. Also, feel free to edit the set however you like.

Scyther @ Eviolite
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Baton Pass
- Roost
- Aerial Ace / Bug Bite

Edit: Almost forgot to mention this, but I want it on an offensive team with teammates that can take advantage of a SD boost.

eren

je suis d'ailleurs
Thank you slurmz, Diogo and Brick Small :)
Diogo didnt do anything ;-;
Thanks for making me not only 1 but 3 teams around sneasel! It really means a lot especially since this is my first time meeting you :).
No problem :D

A fun team indeed. It began with the obligatory mon, Scyther. I quickly added Scarf Medicham, however much to my disarray, BP is limited to one mon (as I never used bp) so Medicham was scrapped. Virizion was added due to being able to hold Lum berry effectively and be a cool wincon. At this point, I was extremely weak to fletchinder, so a scarf Tyrantrum was subsequently added to help alleviate this weakness. A glaring weakness was seen to Psychic types due to scythe not carrying Bug coverage, and Sneasel was added to yet again of the SD BP passing, and also check Psychic types. Flygon and Lix were added as Defog and Rocks support. Enjoy (Nicknames are bleach episodes)
呪いのインコ (Scyther) (M) @ Eviolite
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Roost
- Swords Dance
- Baton Pass
- Aerial Ace

拳の理由 (Virizion) @ Lum Berry
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Stone Edge
- Leaf Blade
- Close Combat

斬る為の覚悟 (Tyrantrum) (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Rock Head
Adamant Nature
- Sleep Talk
- Head Smash
- Outrage
- Earthquake

仇討つ者たち (Sneasel) (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Inner Focus
Jolly Nature
- Ice Shard
- Icicle Crash
- Knock Off
- Low Kick / Pursuit

よみがえる獅子 (Flygon) (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Defog
- Earth Power
- Draco Meteor
- Roost

魂を狩る者たち (Steelix) (M) @ Steelixite
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 212 HP / 208 SpD / 88 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Toxic
- Stealth Rock
- Heavy Slam
- Earthquake

Last edited:

DKFirelord

Back this time I swear!
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
It has been a week since my last request so i'm going to request a team to be built around (drumroll plz)
Mega Camerupt is a mon that cannot simply be switched into, as it has a strong dual stab combination that puts holes into teams by just the click of a move. I would prefer the team to be balance but if you feel mega rupt does better in offense than go for it! EDIT: i meant that a mon simply cannot switch into mega camerupt without having a huge chunk of their hp taken out (this does not apply to mantine)
Humpty Dumpty

I went with a more offensive team for Rupt sense you requested I could do either. Rupt was obicouse first min and with Virizion and Flygon since both handle Rupt weaknes and provide hazard removel. Next added Fletch for a Virizion and Fighting check in general. Next I added Toad as the Stealth Rocker and can check Tyrantrum which can be a probleams for this team if it's Rock Polish and added Durant as a wallbreaker since it can lure in mons like Mantine Peliper Qwilfish and Quagsire for Fletchinder and Mega Cam. I went with Ancient Power on Rupt to have a easier time beating Fletch since they try to set up on Rupt you can also change Durant to scarf if you fell the Tyrantrum is to big of a probleam.The Evs on Rupt let it out-speed 52 speed Mega Lix even after mega evolving and always 2HKO Alo and like its scald or Waterfall. Evs on fletch out-speed creeping other fletch.

Fletchinder
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 152 HP / 252 Atk / 36 Def / 68 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Acrobatics
- Will-O-Wisp
- Roost

Durant @ Life Orb
Ability: Hustle
Jolly Nature
- X-Scissor
- Iron Head
- Superpower
- Thunder Fang

Seismitoad @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Knock Off
- Scald
- Earth Power

Flygon @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
IVs: 29 HP / 0 Atk
- Defog
- Earth Power
- Roost
- Draco Meteor

Virizion @ Lum Berry
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Leaf Blade
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge

Camerupt-Mega @ Cameruptite
EVs: 184 HP / 188 SpA / 136 Spe
Modest Nature
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Ancient Power

Sorry if their any spelling errors I'm pretty bad at typing English hope you enjoy the team :D​

Thank you! I Really like and appreciate the team! I haven't played offense in a while so i'm sure this will be a fun reminder of ru offense :]

Requesting a balance to be built around moxie dd scrafty
Scrafty has a strong dual stab combination hitting mostly every mon neutrally (if not, super effectively) except for fairy types. He also has access to dd which doesn't make him completely outclassed by pangoro. I went with moxie because i felt like running a set that would let me set up on bad players.
The Set:
Scrafty @ Lum Berry
Ability: Moxie
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- High Jump Kick
- Knock Off
- Iron Head

Reposting my request because it's been a week. If nobody wants to build around the team, at least let me know/respond to my post so I don't keep checking back in vain.

Also, added pictures because apparently those are essential for the creative teambuilding process.

Hoping to get a team built around Jynx and Jolteon. I know it's a bit constricting since they're both squishy fast special attackers, but they have good coverage between them and I really like them both. Final team should be high offense or balanced, whichever you think works best with these mons.

I'm not married to these sets, and if you prefer different moves/items for the mons (like choiced Jynx w/ trick to deal with setup sweepers) I'd be happy to accept changes to these.

Jolteon @ Life Orb
Ability: Volt Absorb
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Signal Beam
- Hidden Power Grass/Ice
- Volt Switch

Jynx @ Focus Sash/Life Orb
Ability: Dry Skin
Timid Nature
- Lovely Kiss
- Ice Beam
- Psychic
- Nasty Plot

A few final thoughts (I don't know much about the tier so take these with a grain of salt)
Can sash Jynx be used effectively as a counter-lead to most dedicated leads/rocks users by outspeeding with Kiss and setting up NP on the switch?

Is Jolteon better off with a utility move over T-bolt or HP? Think Wish/Roar/Toxic as a predict on obvious switch-outs.

By using these two as my special attackers, what major threats will I struggle at dealing with/breaking?

eren

je suis d'ailleurs
Reposting my request because it's been a week. If nobody wants to build around the team, at least let me know/respond to my post so I don't keep checking back in vain.

Also, added pictures because apparently those are essential for the creative teambuilding process.

Hoping to get a team built around Jynx and Jolteon. I know it's a bit constricting since they're both squishy fast special attackers, but they have good coverage between them and I really like them both. Final team should be high offense or balanced, whichever you think works best with these mons.

I'm not married to these sets, and if you prefer different moves/items for the mons (like choiced Jynx w/ trick to deal with setup sweepers) I'd be happy to accept changes to these.

Jolteon @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Signal Beam
- Hidden Power Grass/Ice
- Volt Switch

Jynx @ Focus Sash/Life Orb
Ability: Dry Skin
Timid Nature
- Lovely Kiss
- Ice Beam
- Psychic
- Nasty Plot

A few final thoughts (I don't know much about the tier so take these with a grain of salt)
Can sash Jynx be used effectively as a counter-lead to most dedicated leads/rocks users by outspeeding with Kiss and setting up NP on the switch?

Is Jolteon better off with a utility move over T-bolt or HP? Think Wish/Roar/Toxic as a predict on obvious switch-outs.

By using these two as my special attackers, what major threats will I struggle at dealing with/breaking?
I know we arent supposed to post this but im currently working on your team. However, its quite difficult fitting both jolteon + jynx so im doing 2 teams witgt just jynx if ur fine w/ that.

I can also post my team with both if u want but its quite mediocre IMO.

Last edited:

DKFirelord

Back this time I swear!
Death Parade

DD Moxie Scrafty is a really cool mon to build around so I took a team I had (shoutout to galbia) and edited it accordingly. I started with DD Scrafty then decided to add Spiritomb as it walls Fighting-types and Pursuit traps Sigilyph, Meloetta, and Delphox. Sigilyph was added to get rid of Fighting-types and can beat Stall and Offense. Alternatively, Focus Sash Sigilyph could be used as a good safety net. Both sets can work for this team. Alomomola is mostly used for Wish-passing and as a general sponge for resisted moves. Rhyperior provides Stealth Rock and can check Flying- and Electric-types. Megahorn dents Uxie and Bronzong and OHKO's Meloetta. Durant functions as a revenge killer and thanks to Choice Scarf it reaches a blistering 522 Speed. Scrafty outright demolishes this team once Durant and Sigilyph are gone, so that's something to watch out for.

Decim (Sigilyph) @ Life Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Roost
- Calm Mind / Dazzling Gleam
- Psychic
- Heat Wave
Or

Decim (Sigilyph) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Magic Guard
Evs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
Ivs: 0 Atk
- ThunderWave
- Psychic
- Dazzling Gleam
- Heat Wave

Ginti (Durant) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Hustle
Jolly Nature
- Baton Pass
- Iron Head
- X-Scissor
- Superpower

Nona (Scrafty) @ Lum Berry
Ability: Moxie
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- High Jump Kick
- Knock Off
- Iron Tail

Clavis (Rhyperior) @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 28 Atk / 204 SpD / 28 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Megahorn
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock

Quin (Alomomola) @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 120 HP / 136 Def / 252 SpD
Impish Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Waterfall
- Toxic

Chiyuki (Spiritomb) @ Black Glasses
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 200 HP / 252 Atk / 56 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pursuit
- Sucker Punch
- Shadow Sneak

Hawaii Express

Last edited:
I know we arent supposed to post this but im currently working on your team. However, its quite difficult fitting both jolteon + jynx so im doing 2 teams witgt just jynx if ur fine w/ that.

I can also post my team with both if u want but its quite mediocre IMO.
It's good to know that someone is working on it...last post nobody commented on and nothing was ever updated in the OP.

I'd really like a team with both on it. There are plenty of teams with one or the other, and if I wanted to make teams with just Jynx I'd just go NU :/ It might just be too constricting of a combo to build around, and if that's the case I understand but I'd still like to see your best shot at it (along with an explanation of the weaknesses and other things you've considered to try and shore them up, to help me build from that point).

rex (Tyrantrum) @ Lum Berry
Shiny: Yes
Jolly Nature
- Head Smash
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Dragon Dance

KONICHIWA (Medicham) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Pure Power
Jolly Nature
- Zen Headbutt
- High Jump Kick
- Trick
- Baton Pass

I'd like a team built around these two, as I love both these Pokemon and are both extremely strong. I'm not a great teambuilder myself, therefore, I was hoping an expert could build one for me.

PlatinumBlad3
Jurassic Park

The first thing I did was change the Tyrantrum's set, DD Lum Berry is not the best set and requires a lot of support so I decided to choose between Rock Polish or Choice Band. Both are good so will depends if you want a late game sweeper or a powerfull wallbreaker. On Medichan I chose to run Poison Jab > Trick to hit fairyes hard with two good stabs he can hit the things that Tyrantrum can't killing or weakening Tyrantrun's checks, as every team needs rock I added Mega Steelix on the third slot wich no only support the team with hazard but still gives you a check for Fletchinder, Mega Glalie, Tyrantrum etc. At this point the team was very water weak then Virizion joined the team as the water resist and wincon the CM set fits well here cause I already had two strongs pshycal attackers. To cover the Meloetta, Delphox's weakness I put trap Houdoom and with that the team got another fire check with also help against tyrantrum/virizion checks. Now the team needed hazard control and a fighting check, Pelliper fulfills both these requirements and together of Virizion and Houdoom formed a FWG core adding another fire / durant check to the team. Enjoy n_n

Tyrantrum @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Head Smash
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Rock Polish

Or

Tyrantrum @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Head Smash
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Superpower

Medicham @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Pure Power
Jolly Nature
- Zen Headbutt
- High Jump Kick
- Poison Jab
- Baton Pass

Steelix @ Steelixite
EVs: 252 HP / 96 Atk / 76 SpD / 84 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Heavy Slam
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge

Virizion @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Giga Drain
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Houndoom @ Life Orb
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 220 Atk / 36 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Pursuit
- Sucker Punch
- Fire Blast
- Crunch

Pelipper @ Leftovers
Ability: Keen Eye
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Roost
- Scald
- Defog
- Hurricane

Requesting a slowking & mega abomasnow balanced team. These two mons just dropped so i wanted to use them. I feel they both take care of each other weakness and will prove to be again great in the meta. Thank you!

Requesting a balance team to be built around or consisting of a jellicent
I'm okay with any set as long as it fits well on balance. Jellicent is a very fatty mon despite the recent drop of Abomasnow, i still think it can do fine in the current metagame due to it's access to will-o-wisp, great hp, and solid defensive stats.

fran17

(1999)
Hawaii Express :toast:

Descritpion.
The team I built is based on giving more residual damage as possilbe to the opponent team thanks to status and hazard! A double ghost core, formed by Jellicent and Rotom, spreads burn and abuses of them thanks to hex, and they also benefit of the toxic that Registeel can spread, and of the rare paras that Jolteon can get with Discharge (I'm running it as I wanted to spread more status as possible)

Teambuilding process.
I started to build this around Jellicent. I added Registeel because he had a nice sinergy with Jelli and he could check threats to him like Meloetta, grass/electric types, and I added Rotom because of the reason I stated in the description (status spreading). Then I added Emboar because the core had some issues with Houndoom, and he gave me some offensive presence which is always appreciated. Also I'm running Grass Knot to weaken Seismitoad which is kinda problematic for my other sweeper :(. Then I added Glalie and Jolteon to have more offensive presence, and Glalie also gave me spikes, which are pretty essential to the team as they give more residual damage to the opponent. Jolteon is also a nice late game cleaner and a really good revenge killer :)
Jellicent (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 248 HP / 212 Def / 48 Spe
Bold Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Hex
- Scald
- Recover

Registeel @ Leftovers
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
- Protect
- Seismic Toss

Emboar @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Reckless
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Wild Charge
- Grass Knot
- Superpower

Rotom @ Leftovers
EVs: 120 HP / 4 Def / 132 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Discharge
- Will-O-Wisp
- Hex
- Substitute

Glalie @ Glalitite
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Spikes
- Ice Shard
- Return
- Earthquake

Jolteon @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Discharge
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Water]
- Signal Beam

Last edited:
I like this thread its really improved :]
anyway I remember this used to be an old Abomasnow set that I want to try out now to see if its better than the old mixed wallbreaking set, but I've been kinda busy as of late so rather than building a team I'll request one here. Basically I want a bulky offense team with Swords Dance Mega Abomasnow, which seems like a great wall breaker that is able to almost 6-0 most stall teams I have atm. I'm not sure on the speed investment so change as you wish:

Abomasnow @ Abomasite
Ability: Soundproof
EVs: 200 HP / 252 Atk / 56 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Ice Shard
- Wood Hammer / Seed Bomb
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance

Requesting a team around Mega Steelix and defensive cm Slowking. After the drops, these two seem like they work together tremendously. They form a very nice defensive core and can take on a lot of threats in RU by themselves.

Steelix-Mega @ Steelixite
EVs: 252 HP / 96 Atk / 76 SpD / 84 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Heavy Slam
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic

Slowking @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpA
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Scald
- Psyshock
- Slack Off
Note: Change the Steelix set to your liking, just using a sample set. I would like the Slowking set to be kept the same though. :]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)