Resource RU Cores for ORAS

Status
Not open for further replies.
+
This is a neat defensive core that acts as an effective backbone to at bare minimum check a good number of Pokemon in RU. Cresselia's an excellent tank but does poorly against physical setup sweepers that can resist it's stabs. Off the top of my head, examples of these would be subSD Cobalion, subSD Feraligatr, SD Doublade, Curse Mega-Steelix, SD Drapion, as well as a variety of other Pokemon when weakened like DD Tyrantrum. Quagsire can come in and stop these pokemon from setting up, which in turn makes Cresselia more useful in that it can more comfortably switch in. So in a sense Quagsire acts to increase Cresselia's efficacy. Cresselia also can act to stop things like Virizion or force Scarf Rotom-C into a mind game as well, which can really help out Quagsire. That is not to say that this core is perfect by any means - both pokemon hate toxic from defensive mons, SD abomasnow, and fear CB pokemon (especially pangoro if quagsire is in) or things like Meloetta, Clawitzer, etc. But the purpose of the core isn't so much as to act as a stop to all Pokemon as much as to offer a defensive skeleton for balance teams to stop sweeper Pokemon moreso than wallbreakers. A Pokemon for momentum would be appreciated to augment the core given that Quagsire's main weakness is its momentum drain.
Quagsire @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
evs: 252 HP / 108 Def / 148 SpD
Impish / Relaxed Nature
- Recover
- Curse
- Earthquake
- Waterfall / Scald
Cresselia @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
evs: 252 HP / 84 Def / 48 SpD / 124 Spe
Bold Nature
- Moonlight
- Thunder Wave / Toxic
- Moonblast
- Psyshock / Lunar Dance / Toxic

Balanced Core

Steelix @ Steelixite
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 228 HP / 56 Atk / 216 SpD / 8 Spe
Careful Nature
- Heavy Slam
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Roar

Slowking @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: null Atk
- Scald
- Psyshock / Fire Blast
- Calm Mind / Thunder Wave
- Slack Off

This particular core is not /that/ effective against Pangoro but it is leaving so whatever but deals pretty well against most of the threats in the RU Metagame. Steelix acts as a great Tank able to hit pretty much everything on balanced and offensive teams quite hard pressuring threats such as Cresselia and Aromatisse very easily with great coverage and the ability to set up Stealth Rock as well as a Volt Switch immunity and Slowking checks pretty much anything that is able to beat Steelix one on one like Fire-types, bulky Water-types (thanks to Calm Mind) and Fighting-types (struggles to switch in on Knock Off but there are teammates). Basically his core relias on synergy and two Pokmon having great matchup with a majority of threats in the metagame and with lots of utility (such as Stealth Rock and Roar) and is a solid base to start a balanced team. SPL Replay between 49 and Newbreed with two teams using it.

Last edited:
+
This is a neat defensive core that acts as an effective backbone to at bare minimum check a good number of Pokemon in RU. Cresselia's an excellent tank but does poorly against physical setup sweepers that can resist it's stabs. Off the top of my head, examples of these would be subSD Cobalion, subSD Feraligatr, SD Doublade, Curse Mega-Steelix, SD Drapion, as well as a variety of other Pokemon when weakened like DD Tyrantrum. Quagsire can come in and stop these pokemon from setting up, which in turn makes Cresselia more useful in that it can more comfortably switch in. So in a sense Quagsire acts to increase Cresselia's efficacy. Cresselia also can act to stop things like Virizion or force Scarf Rotom-C into a mind game as well, which can really help out Quagsire. That is not to say that this core is perfect by any means - both pokemon hate toxic from defensive mons, SD abomasnow, and fear CB pokemon (especially pangoro if quagsire is in) or things like Meloetta, Clawitzer, etc. But the purpose of the core isn't so much as to act as a stop to all Pokemon as much as to offer a defensive skeleton for balance teams to stop sweeper Pokemon moreso than wallbreakers. A Pokemon for momentum would be appreciated to augment the core given that Quagsire's main weakness is its momentum drain.
Quagsire @ Leftovers
evs: 252 HP / 108 Def / 148 SpD
Impish / Relaxed Nature
- Recover
- Curse
- Earthquake
- Waterfall / Scald
Cresselia @ Leftovers
evs: 252 HP / 84 Def / 48 SpD / 124 Spe
Bold Nature
- Moonlight
- Thunder Wave / Toxic
- Moonblast
- Psyshock / Lunar Dance / Toxic
I like your thinking when creating this core but there are some flaws you could fix. I would use full on physical defensive quagsire as its suppose to switch in on things that check cress. Since that core is scared to things like CB pangoro, i would add physical defensive aromatisse in you description as it offers wish support and aromatherapy for the annoying toxic your core is really scared of. Moonblast should also be slashed with psyshock as its not necessary to run two moves. You could also slash moonlight with lunar dance as they both basically do the same job which is: healing. But I'm not going to complain on the two move thing as you ether get walled by dark types or things like moltres which can take moon blasts. So i researched and found this set that could make your current set better.
Cresselia @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 152 Def / 104 SpD
Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Psyshock
- Moonlight
- Thunder Wave

Quagsire @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Scald
- Earthquake
- Recover
- Toxic

+
+

Do you want pangoro to be much faster? Are you that one guy who wants to crush everyone's dreams? Also do you want to be an obnoxious prick everyone hates? Well this is the core for you! A combuskpass core built with pangoro in it. If you played NU before combusken got the boot you knew what this did.Combusken is mandatory as the core wouldn't work without it. The next member is calm mind xatu who deflects taunts and it also helps deflect status moves the other 2 despise. Pangoro is the next recipient who loves combusken's ablity to baton pass and after you baton pass the boosts to this it's pretty much GG. Also another good thing about combuskpass cores is not many teams are prepared for this strategy.

Combusken @ Eviolite
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 252 HP / 64 Def / 192 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Protect
- Baton Pass
- Bulk Up
- Flare Blitz

Pangoro @ Life Orb
Ability: Iron Fist
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Drain Punch
- Knock Off
- Gunk Shot

Xatu @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 248 hp / 252 def / 8 spe
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Stored power
- Dazzling Gleam
- Roost
i understand how fun it is setting up with pangoro but there are some flaws you could fix. You wanna run psyshock on xatu to hit Spa. walls like aromatisse way harder. I would also run heat wave instead of dazzling gleam because psyshock is already hitting the fighting types and pangoro already takes care of the dark types, it can also switch into a knock off easy. Heat wave is really needed so xatu can have a better time sweeping and you also don't wanna give durant a chance to sweep once combusken is weakened and hazards start going up. I also don't get why your running SD on pangoro if you already have bulk up + baton pass on combusken.

i'm bumping this

+

Durant @ Wide Lens / Insect Plate
Ability: Hustle
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Substitute
- Baton Pass
- X-Scissor / Superpower
- Iron Head / Superpower

Meloetta @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 32 Def / 224 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Calm Mind
- Hyper Voice / Psychic
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast

Offensive battery that exploits a lot of commonplace defensive lynchpins used by balance, offense, etc. On the most immediate level, there's a neat 'overload' component to this core; most steels that would seek to come in and check either of these 'mons are hard-pressed to do so, with potential Fighting coverage from either bearing in hard on them (Max HP / Max Atk M-'Lix, for instance, takes ~80-95% from Focus Blast, while SpDef variants take ~60-70%). The somewhat less immediate implications that one might note come from the essentially free passes Meloetta gets from so many of Durant's common switch-ins; Meloetta grabs so many free turns off the Alomomola / Doublade / Qwilfish switches that Durant baits (the Defense investment on Meloetta ensures it survives two Doublade Iron Heads from full, should it look to make the aggressive play), which can be pretty devastating to balance, given how burdensome Meloetta can be even without a sub.

I threw around some slashes here mostly b.c necessity can really vary for a team beyond these initial two members; the value of having Durant being able to immediately bear into M-'Lix / Camel or what have you may well warrant Superpower Durant, Hyper Voice v.Psychic is mostly a matter of whether you wanna be able to hit Dark-types or Cobalion / Rhyperior decently without having to risk Focus Blast, etc. You could probably run Timid on Meloetta if you felt so inclined, though generally I find it to be the lesser option, saved for when you really need to outpace Rotom-C / 'Lee with confidence here. As for team support, the type of build this would mandate generally doesn't value entry hazards too highly (obviously nice if you can afford them, but by no means mandatory), but having Toxic Spike absorption from something like a Drapion, or even a midway such as Lum Kabutops does greatly reinforce its performance vs.balance. Diversifying your pass recipients is also pretty nice here, since having that one synergy makes it an awfully easy read for the opponent. SD Abomasnow exploits bulky Waters quite well, despite obviously extrapolating a Fire-weak quite significantly, or something like the aforementioned Drapion could also work decently.

+
+

Camerupt @ Cameruptite
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 248 HP / 16 Def / 160 SpD / 84 Spe
Calm Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Roar / Toxic

Garbodor @ Rocky Helmet / Shuca Berry
Ability: Aftermath
EVs: 248 HP / 240 Def / 20 SpD
Impish Nature
- Spikes
- Toxic Spikes / Pain Split
- Gunk Shot
- Drain Punch / Seed Bomb

Rotom-Mow @ Choice Specs
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Trick

This is a 'base' for spike-stack offense I have found myself going back to rather often, in one variation or another, so I figured it to be worth posting. I find the interactions between M-Camerupt and Garbodor to be rather nifty, at least within the context of hazard-stacking; both having the ability to play into the common hazard removal of the tier with relative ease, and most of the offensive counterplay one concedes can be responded to to some extent by the other. I have found myself disliking the interactions between Garbodor and Mesprit, another common facet to spike-stack teams, because in spite of their solid immediate synergy, it lacks the ability to soundly respond to most, if not all of the Pokemon Garbodor concedes turns to, including Durant, Cobalion, Doublade, and so forth, which M-Camerupt handles a sizable amount better. Specs Rotom-C I find really rounds out the core nicely, streamlining its performance in a lot of ways. From a defensive aspect, a reasonably bulky Ground immune and Water resist are clearly nice, but it's ability to very easily Volt Switch out of Pokemon to both rack up hazard damage and force in Pokemon that concede Spikes, such as SpDef Steels (sans 'Lix), Normals, and Amoonguss, makes it a very consistent performer in this core. I have at times utilized Heliolisk here, but given offenses' limited array of efficient Ground immunes, it becomes somewhat difficult to account for nicely, at times forcing clunkier incorporations of LD Cress and what have you.

As with the last one, I recognize that builds will vary from person to person, so I just hit up what I consider to be the 'optimal sets' for these Pokemon at this current time. HP Fire is an option of sorts of Rotom-C in favour of Trick, but the primary application of that is bearing into Curse 'Lix and pushing for bigger damage on Amoonguss / 'Growth, which this core doesn't really need. This core does give some leeway to HC Durant, which is a set I don't really like, but see plenty of use from the 'average player', so it's something to consider before making your team a little too slow. I've taken to Tauros for helping with this and retaining obviously positive interactions w/Spikes, though options like HP Fire Whimsicott, Scarf Tyrantrum, and Doublade work as well. This may also be a peeve of mine, moreso than a real, meaty concern, but having something to bear into fatter Psychic-types has always felt essential to teams such as this; Doublade, as stated prior, can work for this, as can Drapion, NP Slowking, etc.

there are definitely more i like, but they aren't coming readily to mind haha

gonna bump this thread bc its dead and ppl might need cores with mons not banned ;;

Reuniclus + Dugtrio + Houndoom

This is a really simple core and effective that has CM Reun, Duggy, and Houndoom. CM reuni is a huge threat post pangoro meta, because unlike Cresselia, it has the 2nd coverage move (and Recover > Moonlight). Duggy comes into helping Reuni by being able to trap a lot of its checks/counters, Drapion, Houndoom, as well as being able to weaken steel types. Houndoom is also in this core because Reuni + Duggy are especially weak to Doublade, as well as some bulky steel types in the tier such as mega lix (eats up eq's). NP Houndoom and CM Reuni form a great core as well because Houndoom is able to check what Reuni is weak to (steel types), while Reuni in return is able to switch in on fighting types like Hitmonlee, Cobalion, and Medicham.
Reuniclus @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Recover
- Psyshock
- Shadow Ball / Focus Blast

Dugtrio @ Life Orb
Ability: Arena Trap
Naive Nature
- Earthquake
- Substitute / Stone Edge
- Sucker Punch
- Sludge Wave / Aerial Ace

Houndoom @ Life Orb
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 32 Atk / 224 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Fire Blast
- Dark Pulse
- Sucker Punch / Hidden Power [Grass] / Substitute / Hidden Power [Ground]

(I like using sucker punch and 32 attack to be able to kill duggy after rocks with LO(dosent lose out on important KO's), but u can also go max max with a timid nature if you choose to forgo sucker punch for HP grass)
edit- HP ground can also be used as opposing houndooms can also be problematic

Last edited:

MrAldo

Hey
is a Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Activity post!

A pretty neat offensive duo

+

These 2 work pretty well together. The few things that stop hitmonlee for recklessly (hehe) spamming high jump kick are opposing ghosts and fat psychic types and the tier is plagued with those. Here is where houndoom enters! Houndoom can destroy pretty much every relevant ghost and psychic type in the tier and destroy fat cores in general with its amazing coverage. In order for this core to function against offense and stall or balance respectively, decided to put a scarf on hitmonlee. Hitmonlee is a pretty amazing scarf user thanks to having a rather weird but neat speed tier to get the jump in order common scarfers and also having a hella strong move in high jump kick. Hitmonlee as a hazard remover is pretty pressured due to common hazard setters resisting fighting such as garbodor and qwilfish, but it could pull off a clutch rapid spin before dying if you feel like it. Double-edge is another strong move that provides good neutral coverage and is boosted by reckless.

A secondary psychic type check could be pretty nice, something like escavalier can be nice due to providing pursuit support with a choice band or meloetta that can also check psychic types and can also provide a tool against poison hazard setters and being a great mon in general

Sets below:

Hitmonlee (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Reckless
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
IVs: 0 SpA
- Knock Off
- Double-Edge / Rapid Spin
- High Jump Kick
- Close Combat

Houndoom @ Life Orb
EVs: 32 Atk / 224 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Hidden Power [Grass] / Sucker Punch
- Dark Pulse
- Fire Blast

Will post more soon, hopefully, this thread would love some activity

DKFirelord

Back this time I swear!
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
First RU Core Post \()/ Offensive Core :Houndoom + Meloetta
+

Been using this Core and made a team around it will be posting an RMT about it soon and the two paired together breaker Balance and Offensive team to pieces. Meloetta take care of the Fighting types the Houndoom hates and weaken walls for Houndoom to sweep later. Houndoom take care of the Steel, Bulky Psyschic, and other Houndoom that Meloetta needs weaken or gone.Choice Specs Meloetta allows it to beats or weaken stuff like Cress, Drapion and Houndoom on the switch in, and Calm Minders. Hyper Voice for a powerful stab that also goes through subs. U-Turn for momentum, Psyschic lets it hit Alommola harder then Psyschock and is a higher bases power, and Shadow Ball for Psyschic, Steel, and Ghost-Types. For Life Orb allows it to still break through offensive team without a NP Houndoom NP to provide more power and Wallbreaking, Fire Blast only spares the bulkiesr of pokemon or anything immune to it, Dark Pulse for Psyschic like Slowking and Cress, and Hidden Powe Grass to beat Quag Gastro and Rhyperior that can take Dark Pulse. This core works amazingly on Offence and Balance teams and wants a hazard remover like Hitmonlee as the core hates being weaken thanks to SR and Spikes. This Core also appreciates Hazard Support from Pokemon like Qwilfish, Seismatoad, Druddigon, and Accelgor turning 2 Hit OHKOes to 1 Hit OHKOes.

Well being posting more cores later!!!

Rias (Meloetta) @ Choice Specs
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hyper Voice
- U-turn
- Psychic
- Shadow Ball

Issei (Houndoom) (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Early Bird
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Fire Blast
- Dark Pulse
- Hidden Power [Grass]

Last edited:

gorex

penguin council
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
LCPL Champion
First RU Core Post \()/ Offensive Core :Houndoom + Meloetta
+

Been using this Core and made a team around it will be posting an RMT about it soon and the two paired together breaker Balance and Offensive team to pieces. Meloetta take care of the Fighting types the Houndoom hates and weaken walls for Houndoom to sweep later. Houndoom take care of the Steel, Bulky Psyschic, and other Houndoom that Meloetta needs weaken or gone.Choice Specs Meloetta allows it to beats or weaken stuff like Cress, Drapion and Houndoom on the switch in, and Calm Minders. Hyper Voice for a powerful stab that also goes through subs. U-Turn for momentum, Psyschic lets it hit Alommola harder then Psyschock and is a higher bases power, and Shadow Ball for Psyschic, Steel, and Ghost-Types. For Life Orb allows it to still break through offensive team without a NP Houndoom NP to provide more power and Wallbreaking, Fire Blast only spares the bulkiesr of pokemon or anything immune to it, Dark Pulse for Psyschic like Slowking and Cress, and Hidden Powe Grass to beat Quag Gastro and Rhyperior that can take Dark Pulse. This core works amazingly on Offence and Balance teams and wants a hazard remover like Hitmonlee as the core hates being weaken thanks to SR and Spikes. This Core also appreciate Hazard Support turning 2 Hit OHKOes to 1 Hit OHKOes.

Well being posting more cores later!!!

Rias (Meloetta) @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Hyper Beam
- U-turn
- Psychic
- Shadow Ball

Issei (Houndoom) (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Early Bird
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Fire Blast
- Dark Pulse
- Hidden Power [Grass]
Nice and Hyper Beam Meloetta. Stay up with these cool sets buddy.

DKFirelord

Back this time I swear!
Dark Spam Offensive Core: Shiftry + Houndoom
Shoutout to thecrystalonix for showing me this amazing core thanks fren :]

+

Shiftry and Houndoom make a nice Dark Spam Core which a lot of team aren't prepared for. Shiftry can get rid of the bulky water that's try to switch into Houndoom like Alommola its can even Defog on common Spicker or SR like Rhyperior, Seismatoad, and Qwilfish and Knock off is always good. Houndoom can get rid of Steel-Types that Shiftry can'tOHKO i.e Steelix (and with Choice Scarf)Cobalion and Grass-Types that take no damge from Shiftry attacks. Shiftry Defog away Hazard for Houndoom, get rid of Water-types with Leaf Storm, and get rid of iteams with Knock Off and is a power Stab move, Sucker Punch can finish off weaken pokemon. Choice Scarf Houndoom can clean up late-game and sometime offer a surprise factor letting KO fast Steels-Types like Durant or Cobalion that think they outspeed you. NP also works good with this Core applying even more offensive pressure to team. This Core loves Hazard Support from Seisamatiad or Qwilfish letting them OHKO or 2 hit OHKO everything in the tier. This Core can fit on more Offensive teams or Balance.

Shiftry @ Life Orb
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Lonely Nature
- Defog
- Sucker Punch
- Leaf Storm
- Knock Off

Houndoom @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Dark Pulse
- Flamethrower
- Destiny Bond

Houndoom @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Fire Blast
- Nasty Plot
- Dark Pulse
- Sucker Punch / Hidden Power Grass

Last edited:
a pretty hazardous core in this meta,
+

Reminiscent of EonX's old Cobalion+Accelgor core, this is a pretty good hazard stacking core I've used a lot (and by that I mean its literally on every team Ive built myself for ORAS lol). Its pretty basic and standard, both of these mons get access to Stealth Rocks and (Toxic) Spikes respectively and thanks to both having access to a fast Taunt as well as their great bulk are able to keep it up throughout most of the game. Another perk Ive found is that Qwilfish resist most of Cobalion's weaknesses, so Cobalion can Volt Switch on something like Emboar once you've confirmed it isn't Scarfed and go to Qwilfish to set up more hazards as it switches out. This core appreciates a spin blocker like Gourgeist, Doublade is an option too but Ive found too many ground weaknesses to be rather annoying. Once these mons are both weakened they are both Duggy weak, so its best to play aggressive when fighting a Dugtrio.

Qwilfish @ Black Sludge
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
- Scald / Waterfall
- Taunt
- Spikes / Explosion
- Toxic Spikes / Explosion / Thunder Wave / Pain Split

Cobalion @ Leftovers
Ability: Justified
EVs: 160 HP / 96 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock
- Volt Switch

DKFirelord

Back this time I swear!
Offensive Core: SD or CM Virizion + Tyrantrum ( a core without Houndoom :o)

+

This Two acrually have really good synergy together. Virizion takes on the Steel, Ground, and Water-Type that threaten Tyrantrum while Rantrum takes of the Flying and Fire-Type that threaten Viriaion. Sword Dance or Calm Mind boost Virizion laclicter stats Leaf Blade or Giga Drain allows it to OHKO Water Ground and Rock- Types Close Combat at plus 2 can 2 hit OHKO offensive Mega Steelix while Focus Blast can 2 hit OHKO Speacial Defensive Mega Steelix and OHKO Offensive varients Zen Had butt on SD allows it two beats Poision-Types like Weezing, Garbordor, and Amoongus while Stone Edge can allow it to beats Delphox and Sigilyph beat overall Zen Head Butt is better Hidden Power Fire on CM lets it beat Steel-Types like Escavalier and Doulblade. CB Tyrantrum Wallbreaks for Virizion letting it Sweep Late-Game or clean up. Head Smash for stab and basically two hits or OHKOes everything Outrage to use late-game Earthquake for Steel-types and Rock-Types the last Slot is a Filler since you either will be clicking Head Smash Outrage or Earthquke Crunch hits Brongzong while Sleep Talk can let be able to be Sleep Fodder without being useless. This core (like many offensive cores) appraite Hazard Support Seismatoad, Qwilfish, or Accelgor fit the bill pretty good. This Core has probleams with Psychic and Fighting-Types so Spirtomb, Houndoom, Drapion, or Doulblade can get rid orf them. Spirtomb also provides a Spin Blocker.

Iggy (Virizion) @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Leaf Blade
- Close Combat
- Zen Headbutt / Stone Edge

Trash Lyracs (Virizion) @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Focus Blast
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Calm Mind

Tyrantrum (M) @ Choice Band
Ability: Rock Head
Shiny: Yes
Adamant Nature
- Head Smash
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Crunch / Sleep Talk

This is my last core for tonight. Have fun with the core I posted ;)))

Last edited:

MrAldo

Hey
is a Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Defensive core

+

These 2 together provide a really nice defensive backbone and also can provide hazard pressure between stealth rock and toxic spikes. Seismitoad amazing physical bulk helps him handle a good amount of physical threats like cobalion, rhyperior, doublade, somewhat stomach durant, emboar among others while drapion with specially defensive investment can provide a good answer to psychic types, particularly calm mind reuniclus which is a huge boom atm, which are pretty problematic for seismitoad to deal with while providing amazing utility with taunt and forcing mons out thanks to whirlwind and proceed to keep poisoning switches. Knocking off the source of power of a good couple of special attackers like exploud and meloetta is really nice. More suited for balanced or defensively oriented teams.

Seismitoad @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 216 HP / 200 Def / 92 Spe
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Scald
- Toxic / Knock Off
- Earth Power

Drapion @ Black Sludge
Ability: Battle Armor
EVs: 248 HP / 216 SpD / 44 Spe
Careful Nature
- Knock Off
- Toxic Spikes
- Taunt
- Whirlwind / Poison Jab

The good thing about this duo is that they can as a bulky offensive core, going the offensive route this 2 can become offensive beasts doing hefty damage to lots of switches and provide the user the upper hand on the hazard game. Seismitoad with its amazing coverage can beat common SR setters and hazard removers while drapion pressure the opponent a lot with both toxic spikes and swords dance and proceed to rack poison damage on forced switches. Drapion can force opposing tspikes absorbers like amoonguss going the offensive route. Pretty versatile and effective duo

Seismitoad @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 164 HP / 252 SpA / 92 Spe
Modest Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Scald / Hydro Pump
- Earth Power
- Sludge Bomb

Drapion @ Lum Berry / Black Sludge
Ability: Battle Armor
EVs: 252 Atk / 40 SpD / 216 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Toxic Spikes
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off
- Poison Jab / Aqua Tail / Earthquake

Last edited:

DKFirelord

Back this time I swear!
Offensive Baton Pass : Gorbebyss + Tyrantrum + Mega Abomasnow

+
+

(Lol I cam up with this after seeing an RMT with Rock Plate Tyrantrum)
Yeah this is pretty cool Baton Pass Core involving two of the best Wallbreaker in the tier Tyrantrum and Mega Abamasnow. Set-Up on Walls that you know can't taunt or doing anything back or on resisted hits Sub or Smash the pass to the appropriate mon then press f. Tyrantrum is holding the Rock Inceanse as its doesn't lock it in on a move of give it constant damage like Life Orb especially since after a plus 2 Atk boost about nothing (expect quagsire) can take a hit. Mega Abomasnow snow speed EVs let it out speed Cobalion/Virizion after you pass it a plus 2 Spe boost. Some of you might think "lol Abomasnow is still to slow even after a boost" not really sine the only thing that out speed and take it out after the pass is Durant nothing else under Durant can take it stab or coverage moves 160 Atk EVs let you at least have a 50% to OHKO Cobalion without rocks. This core loooooove hazard support turning 2 hit OHKO to OHKOes Accelgor,Qwilfish,and Garbordor fit the bill.

Also for now on each week I will post 1 or 2 cores I want this thread full of cores thanks for reading :]]

LET THIS CORE SPREAD LIKE WILD FIRE!!!!

Gorebyss (F) @ White Herb
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Shell Smash
- Scald
- Substitute
- Baton Pass

Koro (Tyrantrum) (M) @ Rock Incense
Adamant Nature
- Head Smash
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Crunch

Seryu (Abomasnow-Mega) (F) @ Abomasite
Ability: Soundproof
EVs: 160 Atk / 156 SpA / 192 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Blizzard
- Ice Shard
- Giga Drain
- Earthquake

Last edited:

DKFirelord

Back this time I swear!
Mega Glalie and Heliolisk Offensive Core
+

These two form an amazing offensive core together especially since Glalie gets Spikes. Spikes puts offensive pressure on the oppents team making Pokemon that would switch in weaker as they switch this is also more effective with Heliolisk because Volt-Switch gains momentum letting Glalie come in and either Spikes or fire off a Double -Edge. Double-Edge is used over return as has a chance to 2 hit KO standard Mega Steelix after a switch into Spikes. Super Fang takes out half HP of any non that tries to switch into it. Earthquake hits Fire-types and Steel-types that Double-Edge can't. The Spe evs out speed Sigilyph as its the fastest mon under base 100 in the tier and just put the rest into HP. Got the Standard.jpg Helio set used Thunderbolt over something like Focus Blast as the power it offers is a lot more helpful and using Surf hits Mega Camrupt and Mega Steelix for super effective damage Surk OHKO Steelix after two switch into Spikes. The teams hates fighting Spam or just Fighting-types in generally Whisacott,Cress,and Doulblade etc can help with this and Doulblade lets you a Spin Blocker. Durant also runs rampant if given a switch in Garborden,Qwilfish, Emboar and etc. comes to mind to dealing with it.

(Also lol will be getting on track with the weekly cores )

Baja Blast (Glalie-Mega) (M) @ Glalitite
Ability: Refrigerate
EVs: 24 HP / 252 Atk / 232 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Spikes
- Double-Edge
- Super Fang
- Earthquake

Sunbleach (Heliolisk) (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Dry Skin
Timid Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Surf

Offensive Core: SD or CM Virizion + Tyrantrum ( a core without Houndoom :o)

+

This Two acrually have really good synergy together. Virizion takes on the Steel, Ground, and Water-Type that threaten Tyrantrum while Rantrum takes of the Flying and Fire-Type that threaten Viriaion. Sword Dance or Calm Mind boost Virizion laclicter stats Leaf Blade or Giga Drain allows it to OHKO Water Ground and Rock- Types Close Combat at plus 2 can 2 hit OHKO offensive Mega Steelix while Focus Blast can 2 hit OHKO Speacial Defensive Mega Steelix and OHKO Offensive varients Zen Had butt on SD allows it two beats Poision-Types like Weezing, Garbordor, and Amoongus while Stone Edge can allow it to beats Delphox and Sigilyph beat overall Zen Head Butt is better Hidden Power Fire on CM lets it beat Steel-Types like Escavalier and Doulblade. CB Tyrantrum Wallbreaks for Virizion letting it Sweep Late-Game or clean up. Head Smash for stab and basically two hits or OHKOes everything Outrage to use late-game Earthquake for Steel-types and Rock-Types the last Slot is a Filler since you either will be clicking Head Smash Outrage or Earthquke Crunch hits Brongzong while Sleep Talk can let be able to be Sleep Fodder without being useless. This core (like many offensive cores) appraite Hazard Support Seismatoad, Qwilfish, or Accelgor fit the bill pretty good. This Core has probleams with Psychic and Fighting-Types so Spirtomb, Houndoom, Drapion, or Doulblade can get rid orf them. Spirtomb also provides a Spin Blocker.

Iggy (Virizion) @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Leaf Blade
- Close Combat
- Zen Headbutt / Stone Edge

Trash Lyracs (Virizion) @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Focus Blast
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Calm Mind

Tyrantrum (M) @ Choice Band
Ability: Strong Jaw
Adamant Nature
- Head Smash
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Crunch / Sleep Talk

This is my last core for tonight. Have fun with the core I posted ;)))
Why strong jaw tyrantrum? the move you're gonna click 90% of the time is head smash and recoiless head smash is too important.

+

CB Tyrantrum and CS Emboar form a fantastic offensive/wallbreaking core for bulky offensive builds. While Emboar can defeat steels (Steelix, Doublade, Cobalion) that keep Tyrantrum from clicking Head Smash, Tyrantrum on the other hand obliterates bulky waters (Slowking, Alomomola) with Head Smash to limit the opponents Flare Blitz switchins. Seismitoad and Rhyperior may seem problematic at first, but neither of them can take on both Emboar and Tyrantrum, especially if you hit them once with your secondary STAB.

Now, of course nobody leaves their Cobalion in on CS Emboar if they see Tyrantrum on your team and vice versa. Therefore spikes support (e.g. form the likes of qwilfish) is appreciated, as it wears down steel- and ground types faster than sr (ofc you still can and should use sr). Pivots like Slowking and Tangrowth can switch into said pokemon after you hit them with Emboar/Tyrantrum and threaten them out again, racking up some hazard damage. SD Drapion likes having bulky grounds weakened while also being a solid answer to Cresselia, which can be annoying for this core (twaving T-Rex and then recover hoping for a para/miss)

You may use Choice Scarf on Tyrantrum and Band on Emboar which works similar, but Emboar will be a less reliable doomer check. I´ve been using Toxic on Emboar to cripple its switchins, making it easier to wear them down.

Import:
Tyrantrum @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Head Smash
- Outrage
- Superpower
- Crunch

Emboar @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Reckless
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Superpower
- Wild Charge
- Toxic

also, will the OP be updated anytime soon?

MrAldo

Hey
Some cores after an enjoyable week seeing and having a feeling of the metagame:

Offensive core:

+

This lizard is strong like, really strong. It has the ability to set up a dragon dance relatively easily thanks to its bulk and array of amazing abilities were each of them can put tons of work under specific scenarios. Now, offensive life orb accelgor makes up a pretty offensive partner cause it is able to kill one of worse scrafty enemies in the form of noivern all the time with hidden power ice and thanks to one fantastic move in the form of encore! Encore is a fantastic move and accelgor being so fast means it can lock up basically the entire metagame into some sort of setup move, recovery, sucker punch or status moves providing free setup opportunities for scrafty. It is a pretty cool one, offensive accelgor is legit. Both sets are pretty customizable but for the sake of having something consistent I will post what Ive been using. The choice of timid or modest on accelgor depending on what you wanna outspeed. With modest you will miss on +1 or scarf trum, 80 base speed scarfers and jolteon but with modest you can net a solid chance of OHKO tank rhyperior with energy ball and easily OHKO with giga drain after some prior damage, up to you.

Sigh, TL;DR: Accelgor is hella fast and kills noivern, encore provide setup opportunities for scrafty. The concept work for every set-up sweeper tbh but scrafty is scrafty.

Accelgor @ Life Orb
Ability: Sticky Hold
Modest Nature
IVs: 29 HP / 0 Atk / 30 Def
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Bug Buzz
- Giga Drain / Focus Blast
- Encore

Scrafty @ Lum Berry / Chople Berry
Ability: Moxie / Shed Skin
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Drain Punch / High Jump Kick

Offensive core:

+
+

Fighting spam core, as brutal as it can get. A concept I have of same type-spam forms of offense is that the chosen mons should fulfill different roles in order to completely overwhelm teams. Sawk makes the wallbreaker easily destroying or weakening opposing walls in such a dramatic way, being able to OHKO Jellicent with knock off, easily 2hkos reuniclus and 2hkos physically defensive togetic with no prior damage 87.5% of the time. Next, there is medicham making the revenge killer and cleaner of the core, being able to outspeed the entire metagame barring timid accelgor if jolly. With its amazing power it can clean pretty efficiently easily cleaning the mess sawk left behind, noivern cant switch into it and you can run ice punch to hit it if you feel like it. And to end the core there is cobalion being the setup sweeper, best mon in the metagame etc, etc. Sub SD works for this but I particularly like magnet rise. You could also run stone edge to be cheeky. Please pack something for spiritomb, k? It can be really annoying in most cases.

Sawk (M) @ Choice Band
Ability: Sturdy
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Ice Punch / Poison Jab
- Earthquake / Ice Punch
- Close Combat

Medicham @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Pure Power
Jolly Nature
- Baton Pass / Ice Punch
- Zen Headbutt
- High Jump Kick
- Trick

Cobalion @ Lum Berry / Leftovers
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Iron Head
- Magnet Rise / Substitute
- Close Combat

Cheers!

EonX

Battle Soul
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Couple of cores I've been having fun with lately that I figured I would share:

Defensive Core:

+

Uxie @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 216 Def / 44 Spe
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Thunder Wave
- U-turn
- Psychic

Aromatisse (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Aroma Veil
EVs: 248 HP / 240 Def / 20 SpD
Bold Nature
- Aromatherapy
- Wish
- Protect
- Moonblast

In a metagame full of Fighting-types and Pursuit trappers, it's nice to have a couple of options to beat Fighting-types. Uxie and Aromatisse pair very well together as they give balance teams some great utility defensively. First and foremost is the fact that both are physical walls that don't immediately fold to special attacks. Between the two of them, nearly every Fighting-type in the tier is covered and will often times be forced to try and predict which one of the two will try to come in and stop them. These two also cover pretty signifcant issues for the other. Aromatisse is a great Knock Off shield and is able to provide cleric and Wish support for the whole team, all of which are things Uxie loves. On the flip side, Uxie provides much better special bulk and the ability to beat Cobalion, the only Fighting-type that beats Aromatisse 100% of the time thanks to STAB Iron Head. Aromatisse also allows Uxie to act a little bit like Cresselia did; a one time sponge to virtually any powerful neutral attack from either end of the spectrum. As far as the EV spreads are concerned, Uxie's is designed to outspeed Exploud and Jolly Scrafty, which can be useful in dire situations to either cripple them or get some extra chip damage before going down. As for Aromatisse, physical bulk is optimized while giving her a buffer to special attacks. The best part about this duo is that you can turn one or the other onto the special side. While the given EV spreads are most optimal considering their resistances and the current state of the meta, you can choose to EV one of them in SpDef. Uxie is probably the easier one to do this with since Aromatisse is much more reliant on Defense investment to handle Fighting-types. Oh, and this duo completely stops Flygon in its tracks. That said, do note that DD Scrafty and Nasty Plot Houndoom can become pretty major issues for this core if you aren't careful. So long as you prevent Scrafty from getting to +2, it will be unable to OHKO Aromatisse with Poison Jab / Iron Head, and remember that Uxie can outspeed and chip it with U-turn on the way out to put Aromatisse in a "good" situation against it.

Offensive Core:

+

Houndoom (F) @ Life Orb
EVs: 216 Atk / 40 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Pursuit
- Fire Blast
- Crunch

Medicham (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Pure Power
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Zen Headbutt
- Trick
- Baton Pass

Before I talk about this core, I would like to make mention that really any Scarf Fighting-type that struggles with Ghosts and fat Psychics can work really well with this Houndoom set. I just chose Medicham as I feel it's the easiest Scarf Fighting-type to use with Houndoom. Anyway, this core is really cool. A mixed set is easily the best set for Houndoom in the current meta imo with all the Fighting-types running around. It may seem strange to run 3 physical moves on Houndoom when its Special Attack is so good, but I just feel Houndoom's physical Dark STABs are so much more useful in the current meta. Between Sucker Punch and Pursuit, Houndoom is able to beat most Psychics and Ghosts with the heavy Attack investment. Heck, even some offensive mons such as Flygon, Noivern, and Durant take a pretty hefty amount from Sucker Punch. Fire Blast beats what it's supposed to and Crunch is useful for when you just need to hit with a Dark STAB. You may wonder why I opt for Crunch over Dark Pulse, but with the heavy Attack investment, I just feel Crunch is the better option. It gets better damage on most targets, most notably Reuniclus, whom will likely be at +1 by the time Houndoom comes in, making Crunch the superior option against it. So how do you set up Pursuit traps to help your cleaner win the game? Have your cleaner come in early and lure with Baton Pass of course! Seriously, Baton Pass is amazing on Scarf Medicham so long as you can follow it up with a Pursuit trapper. The idea is to bring Medicham in on an early revenge kill (or some slower mon it threatens out) and simply Baton Pass if the opponent has a Ghost or Psychic out back. From there, it's an easy switch to Houndoom and a Pursuit that either KOs or puts the mon in question in range of one of Medicham's STABs later. You really don't need anything other than HJK and Zen Headbutt for offense on Scarf Medicham, so Trick fills the other slot as a way to give it some added utility vs. defensive teams. And now it's time for Houndoom calcs:

216 Atk Life Orb Houndoom Sucker Punch vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Durant: 117-138 (45.5 - 53.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
216 Atk Life Orb Houndoom Sucker Punch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Flygon: 153-183 (50.8 - 60.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
216 Atk Life Orb Houndoom Pursuit vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Delphox: 172-203 (59.1 - 69.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
216 Atk Life Orb Houndoom Sucker Punch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Noivern: 153-183 (49.1 - 58.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
40 SpA Life Orb Houndoom Fire Blast vs. 212 HP / 0 SpD Spiritomb: 164-192 (55.7 - 65.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
40 SpA Life Orb Houndoom Fire Blast vs. 252 HP / 96 SpD Amoonguss: 374-439 (86.5 - 101.6%) -- 87.5% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
216 Atk Life Orb Houndoom Sucker Punch vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Sigilyph: 307-367 (107.3 - 128.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO
216 Atk Life Orb Houndoom Pursuit vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Sigilyph: 156-187 (54.5 - 65.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
216 Atk Life Orb Houndoom Crunch vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Reuniclus: 221-265 (52.1 - 62.5%) -- 98.8% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
40 SpA Life Orb Houndoom Dark Pulse vs. +1 252 HP / 0 SpD Reuniclus: 195-229 (45.9 - 54%) -- 3.1% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Sebberball

formerly BoXeD
Offensive Core
Torterra + Houndoom

Torterra @ Life Orb
Ability: Overgrow
Adamant Nature
- Wood Hammer
- Earthquake
- Rock Polish
- Stone Edge/Superpower

Houndoom @ Choice Specs/Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 HP / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Dark Pulse
- Overheat/Destiny Bond
- Hidden Power Grass

This core is for covering weaknesses and for pure offense, Torterra covers the Water weakness of Houndoom, with Houndoom taking care of Ice and Bug weaknesses, this core puts instant pressure on all teams, with Rock Polish Torterra as a cleaner and with it having a 1HKO with superpower on scrafty and cobalion Houndoom also has power in its Choice Specs/Scarf, hurting a lot of the MG with the specs boosted Overheat, this core also works well with Pokemon like Glalie-M and Scrafty, it has Offensive Pressure on everything, and this is the core I have on ALL my teams in RU... So it MUST be good...
Don't yell at me

DKFirelord

Back this time I swear!
Offensive Core : Memento Spirtomb + Shell Smash Omastar

+

I'm back with an actual up to date core :]]! This core main function is to Menmento with tomb and bring in Star and win. I choose Omastar since their's not enough mons that can tale Ground + Ice + Grass coverage and no one even repairs for Omastar since their a lot more threatening Pokemon to worry about. Spirtomb works amazing in place of Whisacott since it left and can stop the fighting kick spam around this tier. Sucker Punch for coverage and priority while being stronger and not immune to anything unlike Shadow Sneak Wilo-Wisp helps weaken those set-up sweepers that think they can SD on tomb with being burnt (expect for Lum Cobalion :[)Foul Play is to to more damage to stuff mins like scrafty since it can DD all sucker punch PP Foul Play at least allows you to deal more damage as it sets-up. I recommend Cruslte, Druddigon, Torterra, or Uxie to put up hazards to further increase Omastar OHKOes and Spirtomb is also an amazing spin blocker to keep them up unless they have defog then rip hazards. T-Spickes are highly recommend to deal with Alomola, Seismatoad,and Quagsire that give this core a lot or trouble so watch out for them. CM Colber Berry Delphox with Grass knot is amazing on this core since it helps deal with Alomola and Quagsire and is a sing in this meta making so Scrafty Knock Off doesn't OHKO you even at plus one and you can get off some damage with it or CM. Glalie can take care of this problem some water types that can take Omastar attacks or Exploud to bring in Omastar or Spirtomb. Flagons works also works scraf or band/life orb can do scarf lets you speed Joltean a paints Joltean or Tailwind can double the team's speed.

Thanks for yo time have fun using the core :]]

Omastar @ White Herb
Ability: Weak Armor
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power Grass
- Shell Smash

Spiritomb @ Black Glasses
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Def
Adamant Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Memento
- Foul Play

Offensive Core : CM Colbur Berry Delphox + Flygon

+

(Forgot about this core lol) I've been using Delphox a LOT lately and for amazing reasons to drops made it better in a since that houndoom not very common so it can work it magic. Colbur Berry as you know weakens Dark-types attack letying to Set- Up or 2 hit OKHO dark types like scrafty or Sprtomb. It can also take a knock off from all these Fighting types that down here and after a CM boost it decimates offensive or stall teams. Flygon come helps Delphox keep those ground-types like Dugtrio from OHKOing Delphox and weakens Aromatisse or Alomolla that try to stall out Delphox. The Dragon claw move slot can be replaced with Tailwind to speed up Delpox has a last ditch afford when it's weaken or useless. Hazards setters are self explanatory Seismatoad or Crustke are some this core gets wrecked by fast threats such as Joltean and Noivern so Pokemon ice types like Glalie , which also provides Spickes support, or Sneasel can help with Noivern or you could you Togetic if not using Spikes Steelix, Rhyperior, or Virizion are a few that can deal the Joltean (depending on Hidden Powerr).

Flygon @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Outrage
- Dragon Claw / Tailwind
- Earthquake
- U-turn

Delphox @ Colbur Berry
Ability: Blaze
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Psychic
- Grass Knot
- Calm Mind
[HIDE/]

Last edited by a moderator:

DKFirelord

Back this time I swear!

Mismagius + Tyrantrum

Missy IMO is a underrated threat outspeeding Delphox and Flygon and can KO them both with DG or Shadow Ball. Tyrantrum can weaken Pokemon for Missy that it can't KO on its own. Missy coverage moves pretty much hits everything in the tier for Super/Nuetral damage and Colbur Berry is useful to take Sucker Punches or Knock Offs it couldn't take on its own. CB just basically hits Head Smadh and watch something die/get whittled for Missy to come in and finish the game. Spikes support is recommend for this core hitting everything that would switch in on these to besides Brongzong what would switch in on Tyrantrum. Cobalion is annoying for this core Delpox can help check it or Defendove Flygon can also be used even providing hazard removel. Give it a go and test it out :]
Mismagius @ Colbur Berry
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Dazzling Gleam
- Nasty Plot
- Taunt

Tyrantrum @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Head Smash
- Outrage
- Superpower
- Earthquake

Exeggutor + Houndoom

Eggy loves water Houndoom loves fire Eggy hates bulky Psyschic types Houndoom loves boding them theses two are two peas in a pod taking care care of each other's weakness. Specs Exgutor breaks Water, Ground, Rock, Fighting that houndoom can't brake Houndoom take care of Psychic, Fire, Steel, Ghosts Eggy hates pretty self explanatory. A dark type switch is appriated since non of them can rally take one Spikes support from something like Qwilfish is also recommended Cobalion again is a probleam Jellicent can patch at that up.

Exeggutor @ Choice Specs
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 168 HP / 252 SpA / 88 Spe
Modest Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Sleep Powder
- Psychic
- Giga Drain

Houndoom @ Life Orb
EVs: 220 Atk / 36 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Fire Blast
- Crunch
- Pursuit
- Sucker Punch

Here some cores to get this thread revived :]]

Hazard stacking core

+
+

Hazard stacking core:

This is a core around mega banette designed for it to keep up hazards qwilfish and. druddigon set with a prankster taunt to stop defog and it's ghost typing to spinblock and it can switch in in knock off once and kill non sucker punch with shadow sneak. Qwilfish is the spike stacker who's good typing lets it set them up multiple times throughout the match. It also serves as a blanket check to a majority of physical attackers. Bulky druddigon was the stealth rocker chosen as it has good synergy taking on electric types it baits in. Rough skin even stacks chip damage especially in tandem with dragon tail making it easy for a teammate to clean up. Good teammates for this core are late game cleaners like virizion or wallbreakers like hitmonlee who love the hazards wearing down checks into kill range.

Qwilfish @ Black Sludge
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 132 Def / 124 Spe
Bold Nature
- Spikes
- Taunt
- Acid Spray
- Scald

Druddigon @ Leftovers
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 HP / 96 Def / 160 SpD
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Dragon Tail
- Fire Punch
- Glare

Banette @ Banettite
Ability: Frisk
EVs: 172 HP / 252 Atk / 84 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Taunt
- Will-O-Wisp
- Shadow Sneak
- Shadow Claw

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)