Pet Mod Roulettemons [Finished Mod + Now with Random Battles!]

DuoM2

whao
is a Community Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnus
Alright, so nothing from that slate gets in.

As for the next slate...

Elecmite
Fairy/Electric
Pressure/Stench/Quick Feet
127/119/125/136/46/47
Viable Moves: Play Rough, Moonblast, Fusion Bolt, Thunderbolt, Techno Blast, Head Charge, Reflect Type, Fire Blast, Crabhammer, Spiky Shield, Seed Bomb, Stone Edge, Psywave, Spirit Shackle, Lunge, Grass Knot, Fire Fang, Bug Buzz, Nature's Madness, Heal Bell
Other Moves: Branch Poke, Mud Shot, Flame Wheel, Poison Tail, Magic Room, Hydro Cannon, Block, Fairy Lock, Withdraw, Pin Missile, Torment, Muddy Water, Karate Chop, Swallow, Feather Dance, Meteor Assault, Mega Drain, Stomp, Fake Tears, Clamp

Flamette
Fire/Flying
Healer/Early Bird/Swarm
37/136/67/153/108/99
Viable Moves: Blaze Kick, Flamethrower, Drill Peck, Aeroblast, Fire Fang, Mach Punch, Body Slam, Psychic Fangs, Water Spout, Sacred Sword, Clanging Scales, Heat Wave, Anchor Shot, Psywave, Strength Sap, King's Shield, Obstruct, Soft-Boiled, Fire Lash, Fleur Cannon
Other Moves: Storm Throw, Cut, Tearful Look, Sand Tomb, Dizzy Punch, Barrier, Wring Out, Dragon Breath, Ice Burn, Reversal, Sky Attack, Ingrain, Swift, Dark Void, Wonder Room, Feather Dance, Charge, Giga Impact, Foresight, Confusion

Kynapi
Psychic
Corrosion/Sand Force/Dauntless Shield
139/63/94/104/151/49
Viable Moves: Zen Headbutt, Psychic, Thunder Wave, Photon Geyser, First Impression, Lunar Dance, Autotomize, Surf, Outrage, Fire Lash, Stone Edge, Overdrive, Crunch, Blue Flare, Waterfall, Aurora Veil, Spiky Shield, Pyro Ball, Nature's Madness, Wild Charge
Other Moves: Sonic Boom, Toxic Thread, Flail, Charge Beam, Lock-On, Leer, Poison Powder, Rock Wrecker, Hyper Beam, Purify, Hyperspace Fury, Aerial Ace, Sky Drop, Thief, Ice Burn, Breaking Swipe, Hydro Cannon, Pound, Mystical Fire, Pollen Puff

Dinodily
Dragon/Steel
Shell Armor/Delta Stream/Battery
125/102/74/90/61/148
Viable Moves: Dragon Claw, Dragon Pulse, Iron Head, Flash Cannon, Ice Shard, Zen Headbutt, Plasma Fists, Toxic Spikes, Blue Flare, Lunge, Spirit Shackle, Psychic Fangs, Icicle Spear, Ice Beam, Volt Tackle, Rapid Spin, Sunsteel Strike, Switcheroo, Superpower, Grav Apple
Other Moves: Confusion, Vital Throw, Thousand Waves, Mega Drain, Poison Powder, Mimic, Snarl, Spark, Howl, Submission, Feather Dance, Fly, Dark Void, Night Daze, Heavy Slam, Aurora Beam, Iron Tail, Blast Burn, Beat Up, Water Pulse

Growela
Grass
Screen Cleaner/No Second Ability/Drought
53/180/134/51/103/79
Viable Moves: Leaf Blade, Energy Ball, Toxic Spikes, Fleur Cannon, Focus Blast, Iron Head, Psycho Boost, Roar, Pyro Ball, Autotomize, Extrasensory, U-Turn, Precipice Blades, Destiny Bond, Zing Zap, Ice Punch, Clanging Scales, Aromatherapy, Leech Seed, Flamethrower
Other Moves: Guard Split, Razor Leaf, Flame Charge, Dream Eater, Chip Away, Air Cutter, Solar Blade, Screech, Spotlight, Gravity, Spark, Bone Club, Tail Whip, Cotton Spore, Torment, Bullet Seed, Crush Claw, Comet Punch, Mist Ball, Land's Wrath

That's all I really have to say. Sheet will be updated later for the "current builds" and "rejected builds" tabs. Discussion has now begun!

Wow at solar blade on Growela with that atk stat, drought, and grass typing.
Don’t forget sun boosted Pyro Ball and coverage in Precipice Blades to hit resistant fire types. you can easily round that move set out with Automize if you don’t want to use a choice item once all the ground immune fire or dragon types are dead.

Elecmite: Not sure what to make of this mon. It's definitely too slow to make use of Quick Feet, only outspeeding up to base 95s at +1, which is pretty poor by this meta's standards. It can play as a TR sweeper, but it unfortunately can't even set up TR itself. An offensive Fairy TR sweeper seems to overlap with Kinesel too which seems much better. Defensively you can run it with Pressure and Rest, but as a defensive Fairy type it's difficult to justify running over Baloon, a Fairy type with similar physical bulk but reliable recovery and utility options. It's also fairly similar to Stuneleon who has honestly better abilities, and a more varied movepool. Just kind of clunky and outclassed overall I think.

Flamette: Fire types are still very lacking, and this one isn't broken unlike Flabite from two slates ago. However this one seems very mediocre to me. Good offensive stats, but not very bulky to take advantage of its defensive qualities, or fast. The fact that it almost necessitates Heavy-Duty Boots kills a lot of its offensive potential. Its speed is enough for slower teams but is nothing special, and misses out on the key "faster than Electritar at +1" speed tier. It's got an okay offensive movepool, but no good abilities to help it out. It would also be our 6th Flying type for what it's worth. This one just looks worse the more I look at it.

Kynapi: Kynapi is okay. If it got any sort of recovery or good utility options it could be pretty annoying, but its movepool sort of shoehorns it into being a bulky attacker, which I like. It has bulk to spare but it's unfortunately not all that strong, even though it has a few nice moves. Autotomize could be good on this with Weakness Policy, a Z-Move, or even Charge Beam. The parallels to Necrozma are definitely there. It really wishes it could trade some of that juicy bulk for some offensive power, though, so I see it being pretty underwhelming overall.

Dinodily: This mon is alright, if a little underwhelming. It's cool to get a fast Dragon type. It's got great speed for spamming CB Sunsteel Strike, or can act as a spinning suicide lead for just Toxic Spikes if you want that for some reason? A Choice Band set seems like probably the best choice since Steel is a decently spammable type. The thing is, it's pretty weak overall, and can't really pressure balance teams too hard, being mostly good against offenses. The comparisons to Komodith are inevitable too. It's kinda like a Komodith that traded away its offenses, mixed capabilities, as well as Bulk Up and Beast Boost, and in exchange it got a lot of speed, some useless abilities, and the ability to Rapid Spin. Still, that Speed is definitely worth something, as I feel that Komodith is often much too slow to work well against certain fast bulky mons.

Growela: For reference, its Adamant CB Solar Blade is a little bit stronger than Jolly CB Darmanitan Sheer Force Flare Blitz and Adamant CB Melmetal Iron Fist Double Iron Bash, to give you an idea of the kind of power it packs. Its sun-boosted Pyro Ball is no slouch either (under Sun, it has similar power to Adamant Victini's CB V-Create) and rounds out its coverage nicely, limiting its switch-ins to Brawnkey, who can only switch in once, Bellena and Skeleray who seem like they would prefer running SpDef sets (and can be covered by Ice Punch), and more defensive Flamepion variants, who can be covered by Precipice Blades. There are no Sap Sipper (or for that matter Flash Fire or Primordial Sea) mons to switch in on its insane Grass and Fire attacks. Growela can also pivot out of these matchups with U-Turn if it chooses. With proper speed control, be it Sticky Web or just running Autotomize to sweep opponents, it becomes really tough to deal with. You can even support it with Grassy Terrain! This one seems meta-defining at the absolute least. Even if it does manage to be held in check by the high-performing physical tanks, it just invalidates stuff like Herbigator so incredibly hard so it's probably a no.

Overall I'm still not 100% on which one I like best yet, will need to give it more thought.

Last edited:

Deleted member 503163

Alright despite never posting on here once I will rank these pokemon on a 100 point scale.

Name: The name reminds me of that one wii game my cousin had called elebits. +10 for reminding me of good family times before I realized they were assholes.
Typing: Electric/Fairy looks like it'll be a good check for the fighting types running around. Also it being neutral to steel gives it a good niche to go up against steel/dragons. +20 for typing.
Stats: It's pretty good, except for special defense and speed. +20 for balance.
Moves: Spiky Shield and Nature's Madness are great for it. Heal Bell allows it to act as a cleric, but honestly if you're not running TR you're probably gonna end up using STAB. It's gonna result in a fairly similar movepool. -5 for moves.
Role: It looks like a solid physical wall with good offenses. If a gust of wind lands on it it'll die, but other than that it's pretty solid. +20 for role.
65/100, a D.

Name: Sounds like the kind of fire that would call me a stupid american before yelling at me after I pronounce Amelie as Emile. +10 for the name.
Typing: Fire/Flying isn't bad anymore since the fucking tims exist. Also there's like two fire types in the meta. +25 for typing, +10 for style.
Stats: A mixed sweeper isn't that bad, and if it likes eating rock it could rock the scarf to boost that speed. That health though is uhh something. If this thing relied on flare blitz or brave bird it wouldn't be that good of a sweeper, with that health. +20 for going mixed.
Moves:It gets aeroblast with base 153 special attack, along with water spout and some priority. However why does this thing have recovery moves? If this thing is going down it's going down for good with that base 37 HP. +10 offensive moves, -5 for the recovery moves.
Roles: This thing is gonna end up as either a sweeper, but like it needs Tims to actually live so it's more likely going to be a wallbreaker for hyper offense teams. +10 for the role.
80/100 a B.

No thank you/100, seriously you want a bulky fuck, here you go. Personally I do not care for it.

Name: It's name is Dinodily, you can't get better than Dinodily. +100000 for the name.
Everything else: Honestly it's kind of mediocre, it's abilities don't really help it aside from clearing weather, it lacks the power to really put itself out there with those moves. If not for the name I wouldn't like this thing at all.
100000/100 for the name
50/100 for the everything else.

Name: Growela sounds kind of unnatural to me. Something about the name rubs me the wrong way. -5 for uncomfortable vibes.
Typing:Mono Grass, it's solid enough for this thing. +5 for being solid.
Stats:180 Attack with decent bulk. Even with 79 speed it sounds really powerful, physically speaking. +30 for stats
Moves: Pyro Ball, Solar Blade, Precipice Blades, Automatize. That's all you really need coming off that attack stat. +30 for moves
Roles: This thing has two, a banded wallbreaker or a set up sweeper. Even for something stupidly bulky, a drought boosted pyro ball, or a one turned solar blade coming off of a banded base 180 attack is going to decimate most things. Setting up with Automatize gives you more speed in exchanging for not hitting as hard, plus you also have less turns of sun to spam solar blade. If you go set up sweeper maybe consider leaf blade over solar blade in case your fun in the sun runs out sooner than expected. +30 for roles
90/100

In conclusion I have no idea what I'm doing.

Last edited by a moderator:

Deleted member 503163

DINODILLY BABY HE'S THE CHAMP

Last edited by a moderator:

DuoM2

whao
So there was actually a tie between "None" and Kynapi, with Dinodily missing out on the tie by one point. I'm not a massive fan of Kynapi, and had I voted it wouldn't have been in Kynapi's favor, so nothing from this slate will be added.

As for the next slate...
Slowingo
Flying
Immunity/Cotton Down/Long Reach
94/126/55/74/128/123
Viable Moves: Drill Peck, Aeroblast, Energy Ball, Rock Blast, Tailwind, Leech Life, Night Shade, Magma Storm, Grass Knot, Boomburst, Sacred Fire, Meteor Mash, Hydro Pump, Gear Grind, Sticky Web, Heal Order, Slack Off, Dragon Dance, Air Slash, Ice Shard
Other Moves: Power Trip, Work Up, Dual Chop, Astonish, Transform, Scratch, Sandstorm, Hail, Air Cutter, Slash, Jaw Lock, Follow Me, Hold Hands, Mirror Shot, Luster Purge, Struggle, Water Sport, Sweet Kiss, Spite, Flame Burst

Panthee
Steel/Fighting
Sand Spit/No Second Ability/White Smoke
78/83/95/118/121/105
Viable Moves: Iron Head, Flash Cannon, Sky Uppercut, Aura Sphere, Reflect, Superpower, Light of Ruin, U-Turn, Crunch, Thunder Wave, Bolt Beak, Boomburst, Spirit Break, Swords Dance, Moonlight, Waterfall, Bug Buzz, Darkest Lariat, Psychic, Shadow Ball
Other Moves: Mud-Slap, Leaf Tornado, Poison Tail, Retaliate, Follow Me, Flame Burst, Aerial Ace, Electrify, Lock-On, Heal Pulse, Phantom Force, Sky Attack, Pay Day, Spike Cannon, Psychic Terrain, Crush Grip, Psycho Shift, Air Cutter, Helping Hand, Sunny Day

Bonutor
Ground/Psychic
Friend Guard/No Second Ability/No Guard
134/114/103/119/44/86
Viable Moves: Earthquake, Earth Power, Zen Headbutt, Psychic, Power-Up Punch, Refresh, Trick, Pyro Ball, Flare Blitz, Nature Power, Volt Switch, Coil, Overheat, Spacial Rend, Meteor Mash, X-Scissor, Judgement, Avalanche, Body Press, Seed Bomb
Other Moves: Comet Punch, Imprison, Mega Drain, Fly, Hold Back, Snarl, Burn Up, Smelling Salts, Power Split, Twister, Frost Breath, Dive, Smart Strike, Razor Leaf, Dark Void, Force Palm, Breaking Swipe, Icy Wind, Rock Smash, Branch Poke

Glasing
Ice
Pickup/Limber/Bulletproof
151/40/35/76/167/131
Viable Moves: Icicle Crash, Ice Beam, Clear Smog, Fishious Rend, Darkest Lariat, Destiny Bond, Hammer Arm, Flare Blitz, Recover, Shadow Claw, Ice Hammer, Parting Shot, Accelerock, Heal Order, Oblivion Wing, Beak Blast, Focus Blast, Volt Switch, Discharge, Explosion
Other Moves: Psych Up, Sweet Scent, Low Sweep, Bullet Seed, Curse, Slash, Power Swap, Soak, Weather Ball, Heat Crash, Ice Ball, Self-Destruct, Double Hit, Inferno, Feather Dance, Mean Look, Smog, Blizzard, Mist Ball, Fire Spin

Lobstoss
Water
Stalwart/Heavy Metal/Rain Dish
149/94/58/105/79/115
Viable Moves: Waterfall, Surf, Acid Spray, Sticky Web, Sludge Bomb, Refresh, Focus Punch, Coil, Giga Drain, Power-Up Punch, Foul Play, Drain Punch, Seed Bomb, Accelerock, Dragon Darts, Spirit Break, Dragon Tail, Psystrike, Sucker Punch, Clear Smog
Other Moves: Land's Wrath, Draining Kiss, Bone Club, Sonic Boom, Retaliate, Poison Gas, Synchronoise, Heavy Slam, Fire Spin, Phantom Force, Flame Wheel, Absorb, Toxic Thread, Imprison, Electroweb, Slash, Fire Pledge, Magnitude, Hydro Cannon, Smokescreen

That's about it! Discussion phase has begun!

Cookie Butter

formerly the someone
Glasing is my favorite. Insane special bulk, can switch into many moves for free due to Bulletproof, can be a fast Parting Shot user or set-up deterrent with Clear Smog. Worst case scenario you can D-Bond or Volt Switch. Has reliable recovery. Held back by Ice typing (would run boots most of the time) meh physical bulk and low offenses.

Slowingo: This one has great stats for a Dragon Dancer at least. It has workable enough coverage, but the fact that it's strongest physical STAB is only 80 power really holds it back, combined with its lackluster mono-flying typing. As a Sticky Web setter or straight-up offensive mon it is pretty obviously outclassed by Albatrygon who boasts better offensive stats overall as well as Rapid Spin. It might be able to make a specially defensive set work with its decent bulk on the special side and recovery, but I’m not so sure as the only utility it can offer is Sticky Web and maybe a burn with Sacred Fire. This is definitely an okay option, it just seems outclassed in a lot of the roles it could fill.

Panthee: It has an interesting set of options, with some very nice physical options like Swords Dance, Superpower, U-turn, and Bolt Beak, as well as some nice special options like Light of Ruin and Boomburst, which actually outdamage its STAB options. It can even play defensively with its recovery, even though its bulk and utility options aren’t too great and a lot of things will probably run coverage for Steel types anyways. So I think most of the time you would see it as a specially biased Specs or Scarf mon, with a handful of SD or Band variants popping up from time to time. It has some okay abilities as well, with Sand Spit letting it act as a pseudo-sand setter (even though there’s nothing really primed to abuse Sand right now), and White Smoke being a must for physical sets to limit Brawnkey’s ability to switch in. It also helps against Sticky Web. Although this one has a lot it can do, the main thing holding it back is its statline, which is very average. Physically it’s very weak and reliant on surprise factor, it’s also pretty slow for a scarfer, and specially it’s not that strong either and very reliant on prediction to break through certain things, at which point you might as well use a more consistent, stronger wallbreaker. In spite of this I think this is one of the best picks this slate.

Bonutor: Pretty interesting typing. No Guard doesn't help it too much but it does have a few inaccurate moves, like Zen Headbutt, Pyro Ball, Dark Void, and Overheat. Coil is interesting on it (even though it doesn't benefit from the accuracy boost), and Trick and Volt Switch lend it to choiced sets too. Bonutor has a really clunky Speed stat and also lacks priority, which really limits it in a lot of situations. Coupled with its weaknesses and poor special bulk and it ends up not really being able to check much of anything defensively. It would play as a breaker who can either be physical or special, which is fun, but with its downsides I can’t see it being too excellent against many types of teams. Definitely an interesting pick though.

Glasing: With that huge special bulk and Bulletproof, you might think this is the long-awaited Chillvark counter, but unfortunately it is still 2HKO'd by Blue Flare. And more importantly, it doesn't really do anything back. This mon is incredibly lacking in utility, only really having recovery and Parting Shot to annoy the foe, but besides that little else. Its poor physical bulk is easily exploitable by any potential mixed attacker (lots of things can and should go mixed in this meta), as well as its bad defensive typing. Vulnerable to status too, as well as hazards if it does not run the boots. Also it's yet another Ice-type! Especially when we’ve got specially bulky Ice-types like Barracoth and Glacida already. This one just seems really crappy.

Lobstoss: Lobstoss just doesn't stand out much at all. Its stats are more specially slanted while its movepool is more physically slanted. It has a pretty average typing and no useful abilities. As a special attacker you’d really need to look hard to justify using it over something like Falcola. As a physical attacker it can probably use Coil + 3 attacks, since it does have priority to help it against faster foes, but it’s still really weak with only 94 base Attack. Sub Coil is probably an option too, but it seems like it would lose hard to physical walls with Haze, and especially to Aquatopus who just prevents it from doing anything. So yeah, this seems like a mediocre choice to me.

Last edited:

DuoM2

whao
Life's been kinda crazy for me lately so I honestly forgot to start voting until now. Regardless though, you all can now vote. Voting will probably end Monday or Tuesday.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)