(EVIOLITE COMPATIBLE)
is a Community Contributor

Type:

Abilities:
Aroma Veil / Shield Dust (Sweet Veil)
Stats: 60 HP / 55 Atk / 60 Def / 109 SpA / 70 SpD / 130 Spe BST 484
New Moves:
Lovely Kiss, Spikes, Memento
Niche: Suicide lead with a sleep move. Has the unique combination of Sticky Web/Spikes and Memento can be handy for getting something in to set up. Might be good in lower-tiers but not OU-worthy by any stretch.
Ribombee is already C-Rank in OU, with 130 speed+spikes+sleep+naturally beating sableye it'll become bar-none the best Webs setter and boost the viability of webs greatly (by having a setter that isn't ass)

Some more ideas from me.

In addition to its regular effects, Shield Dust reduces damage taken from damage-dealing moves that have a secondary effect by 30%. Basically, every move affected by Sheer Force will also be affected by this. Since Sheer Force increases the power of moves, Shield Dust should decrease their power. Every Pokemon with access to Shield Dust is Bug-type and shit (except for Cutiefly in LC but that's banned anyway).

Pollen Puff has a 50% chance to raise the user's Special Attack by one stage, in addition to its regular effects.

Type:

Abilities:
New Moves:
Niche: Suicide lead with a sleep move. Has the unique combination of Sticky Web/Spikes and Memento can be handy for getting something in to set up. Might be good in lower-tiers but not OU-worthy by any stretch.

Type:

Abilities:
Soundproof / Bulletproof (Shield Dust)
Stats: 75 HP / 125 Atk / 115 Def / 100 SpA / 100 SpD / 85 Spe BST 600
New Moves:
Fire Blast, Softboiled, Glare, Calm Mind
Niche: Meet the first non-Bug Shield Dust mon. An improved Kommo-o with a little less defense but more power. I think it's pretty much got all it needs, but it certainly appreciates Fire Blast for hitting Scizor harder.

Type:

Abilities:
Shield Dust / Tinted Lens (Wonder Skin)
Stats: 70 HP / 65 Atk / 70 Def / 110 SpA / 85 SpD / 100 Spe BST 500
New Moves:
Heat Wave, Powder
Niche: QD sweeper with an extra coverage option and Powder (because Powder is a good move ok)

Effect 1: All status moves that are used against this Pokemon have their accuracy changed to 30% and bypass evasion/accuracy checks a la Horn Drill/Fissure/Sheer Cold/Guillotine. This includes status moves that, ordinarily, would never miss. Does not affect Pokemon with the ability No Guard, Teravolt, Turboblaze, and Mold Breaker.
or
Effect 2: The above, minus affecting moves that never miss.
There's so much shit that can and will miss with Wonder Skin it makes setup really scary. Hope you're packing something with Haze or Unaware. Still, only a few Pokemon get it and they're really mediocre; let's see how much a buff to Wonder Skin might change them.
ok i'll go over those ideas in order
shield dust: sure why not
pollen puff: the move already has the role of healing allies in doubles so tacking on a charge beam like effect doesn't make much sense, however we could buff the base power of the move.
ribombee: the moves feel a bit tacked on, an explanation as to how each move makes sense would be nice
kommo-o: not every pokemon needs, nor should have a perfect movepool, and softboiled doesn't make much sense either way, something like drain punch would be more acceptable if it doesn't already have that
venomoth: sure why not
wonder skin: sure why not.

Type:

Abilities:
New Moves:

Type:

Abilities:
Soundproof / Bulletproof (Shield Dust)
Stats: 75 HP / 125 Atk / 115 Def / 100 SpA / 100 SpD / 85 Spe BST 600
New Moves:
Fire Blast, Softboiled, Glare, Calm Mind
Niche: Meet the first non-Bug Shield Dust mon. An improved Kommo-o with a little less defense but more power. I think it's pretty much got all it needs, but it certainly appreciates Fire Blast for hitting Scizor harder.
Not sure these two need significant buffs. Both of them have found themselves fairly popular in OU lately especially Ribombee who is already the best Webs setter. The Shield Dust and Pollen Puff buff is probably enough to make Ribombee raise out of NUBL giving it more opportunities to set up.

DuoM2

whao
is a Community Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnus
I don't know if this has already been suggested or not, but in my opinion, we should focus on giving abilities only useful in Doubles or in non-multiplayer (like Run Away, Illuminate etc) play some kind of use in Singles. In a metagame where you can make whatever changes you want, having abilities that don't work in online single battles really feel like a waste of space, and I think the people here could easily use that space to come up with some clever ideas.

As of right now, though, I don't have any yet except for Plus and Minus. The basic idea is that if you have one Pokemon with each on your team, it multiplies both of their SpAtk stats by 1.5x similar to how Victory Star works with accuracy. It would probably need to be a bit stronger than that, though, since the only fully-evolved users of this are Klinklang, Manectric, Plusle, Minun, Ampharos, and Dedenne (with Manectric/Minun only having Minus and Dedenne/Plusle/Ampharos having Plus). Klinklang wouldn't use a SpAtk boost that well, and though Manectric would be nice with the boost, I don't see Dedenne, Plusle, or Ampharos really being worth a teamslot in most cases. Feel free to do whatever is needed with the idea if you do want to use it, though, since I don't think it'd be too easy to balance something as weird as this.

Sorry for double posting, but Ribombee will get the following:
+6 Spe, +10 SpA
+Lovely Kiss, Memento

Ribombee getting Spikes makes no sense. Sorry. Ribombee is still super cool now though. Shield Dust changes are also approved. Ribombee abilities are fine as is.

Furthermore, Blizzard and Thunder now have 80% accuracy. Here are some other changes.

Klefki: 87/90/91/50/82/85 [485 BST], +Pickpocket, +Swords Dance, Autonomize, Iron Head
Fairy Lock is now a Fairy-type Spirit Shackle.
Baneful Bunker now Toxic Poisons instead of regular.
Pickpocket - contact moves remove the foe’s item and have 1.3x power when doing so.
Illuminate - Super effective moves targeting this Pokemon have 0.7x accuracy.
Poliwrath: +20 HP and Defense, -Damp, +Contrary, +Drain Punch, Close Combat, Hammer Arm, Ice Hammer, Liquidation
Ice Hammer - Base 100 Power, 100% accuracy, lowers the user’s speed, 30% chance to lower the foe’s Defense.
Guzzlord gains Harvest as a HA. (The others will get HAs too, stay tuned)

Last edited:
Anger Point: gains +1 to attack if hit by a contact attack
Reason: it would make sense for it to be really any contact that is physical if I was hit by a non contact attack I would be more surprised how ever if some one were to punch me for instance I would be very angry and most of the pokemon I imagine would be pretty angry if some one punched them or kicked them or slammed into them a bull yup they hate being ridden to a boxer yup so on
Rattled: gains +1 speed if hit by super effective damage
Reason: I imagine getting hit hard would be more rattling then getting hit by a bug for instance why would a bug be rattled if it was hit by a bug surprised at best and most of the pokemon who get it would not be rattled by a bug dark or ghost move as they are ether neutal to all or 2 of them so it would make more sense to make it super effective.

Still confused what I am supposed to say.

Ok, real quick, real quick, gotta buff the boy.

Chimecho
Type: Psychic->Psychic-Steel
Ability: Clear Body/Unburden/Magic Bounce
HP: 75->105 (+30)
Atk: 50
Def: 80->110 (+30)
SpA: 95->125 (+30)
SpD: 90
Spe: 65
New moves: Flash Cannon, Iron Head, Iron Tail
Explanation: He's a freaking wind chime. Wind chimes are usually made of metal. Plus, for such a rare Pokemon and a second stage, he's pretty weak. So, buffs are in order.

Also some proposed move updates:
Elemental punches: 75BP->85BP Puts them in line w/ liquidation, another strong move w/ a secondary effect.
Flash Cannon: 80BP->90BP Just like its brother Energy Ball before it.
Submission: 80BP->150BP, 20PP->5PP, 1/4 recoil->1/2 recoil Turns it into a Head Smash clone.
Mega Kick: 75%->85% accuracy, 5PP->10PP Makes it a much more effective Power vs Accuracy argument, similar to Megahorn.

Also, idk if there's going to be an Uber tier for this mod, but if so:
Origin Pulse: 110BP->120BP Because why the hell does Groudon get a stronger signature move?

Last edited:
Ok, real quick, real quick, gotta buff the boy.

Chimecho
Type: Psychic->Psychic-Steel
Ability: Levitate
HP: 75->105 (+30)
Atk: 50
Def: 80->110 (+30)
SpA: 95->125 (+30)
SpD: 90
Spe: 65
New moves: Flash Cannon, Iron Head, Iron Tail
Explanation: He's a freaking wind chime. Wind chimes are usually made of metal. Plus, for such a rare Pokemon and a second stage, he's pretty weak. So, buffs are in order.

Also some proposed move updates:
Elemental punches: 75BP->85BP Puts them in line w/ liquidation, another strong move w/ a secondary effect.
Flash Cannon: 80BP->90BP Just like its brother Energy Ball before it.
Submission: 80BP->150BP, 20PP->5PP, 1/4 recoil->1/2 recoil Turns it into a Head Smash clone.
Mega Kick: 75%->85% accuracy, 5PP->10PP Makes it a much more effective Power vs Accuracy argument, similar to Megahorn.

Also, idk if there's going to be an Uber tier for this mod, but if so:
Origin Pulse: 110BP->120BP Because why the hell does Groudon get a stronger signature move?
intrinsic levitation is going to be a thing here, so pick out an ability or two for chimecho

New idea for powdered snow make it a 75% acc status move which freezes foes for 1 turn it sounds op but...

Triple kick buffed from 10 bp to start to 15 the resulting damage is as follows 15+30+60 resulting in a 105 bp move maybe moving up hitmon top
barrage buffed to always hit 5 times as there is 6 eggs the large one could just stand back I guess
bind and wrap stop the foe from moving like in gen 1 as that makes the most sense as if you are bound you cant move or do anything not specificly switch out actually you should be able to switch out because the pokeball does it not you
double slap hits twice hense a double slap
disarming voice disarms you so it lowers attack
confusion always causes confusion why is this not a thing...
water pulse boosted to 80 bp to better fit in with the other pulse moves
poison fang boosted from 50 bp to 65 bp with 95% acc to better fit in with the other fang moves

Triple kick buffed from 10 bp to start to 15 the resulting damage is as follows 15+30+60 resulting in a 105 bp move maybe moving up hitmon top
252+ Atk Choice Band Technician Hitmontop Triple Kick (3 hits) vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Zygarde: 288-340 (80.4 - 94.9%) -- 12.5% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock. This is a very big jump for an NU Pokemon.
bind and wrap stop the foe from moving like in gen 1 as that makes the most sense as if you are bound you cant move or do anything not specificly switch out actually you should be able to switch out because the pokeball does it not you
Bind and Wrap are available on lots of fast Pokemon. This would make this move an instant win button for these Pokemon since anything that switches in would just be immobilised again. Scarf Bind would essentially be un-counterable.

I like the other suggestions, especially the Water Pulse buff since it give Mega Blastoise more offensive presence.

252+ Atk Choice Band Technician Hitmontop Triple Kick (3 hits) vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Zygarde: 288-340 (80.4 - 94.9%) -- 12.5% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock. This is a very big jump for an NU Pokemon.

clefable had a massive jump also right granted it was a 1 tier difference what about mawhile? that's assuming you hit all 3 hits though with a choice band (with a positive nature) but yes that is quite a bit of damage I see intimidation being used just as much.

Bind and Wrap are available on lots of fast Pokemon. This would make this move an instant win button for these Pokemon since anything that switches in would just be immobilised again. Scarf Bind would essentially be un-counterable.

I like the other suggestions, especially the Water Pulse buff since it give Mega Blastoise more offensive presence.
and clawitzer…

I would say the best way to avoid it is to make a cool down of sorts I would assume I would say decrease the pp maybe down to 5 maybe make it a fake out clone but without the priority having both bind and wrap would result in being able to hit a pokemon 5 times

252+ Atk Choice Band Dragonite Bind vs. 0 HP / 0- Def Pheromosa: 18-22 (6.3 - 7.7%) -- possibly the worst move ever

the most useful way I could see this being used is on stall if you can manage to outspeed after toxicing but they can switch out any time dragonite is the strongest user (non uber) off both bind and wrap

CFM isn't dead, haven't you guys ever heard of a summer break?

Also, dank meta, try to make it a little more different from CFM though :) Not that I mind my ideas being reused; just that it seems a little derivative at the moment. Keep it up!

Tried to change up Illuminate, but didn't realize that already happened (whoops!). Regardless, I think it doesn't have great distribution, and I think a few more Pokémon would make good use of the buff and fit thematically:

Ampharos-line: Gains Illuminate (Has two poor abilities, and is based off of a lighthouse)
Chandelure-line: Flame Body > Illuminate (The one I'm least convinced on, because it has a lot of good abilities. Still fits in thematically very well. Flame Body can really be replaced with any of Chandelure's abilities)
Necrozma (+ forms): Gains Illuminate (Is based of a prism, and has multiple signature moves involving light. Also needs a buff)
Raichu (+ Alola): Gains Illuminate (Signature item is Light Ball. Another one I'm not fully convinced on, but deserves a buff)

Other Proposed Changes:
Acid:
Base Power 40 > 65; 1/3 chance to lower Defense by two stages (Worse version of Acid Spray. Could use a buff as well as something to differentiate it).
Aerial Ace: Base Power 60 > 85 (Gives Physical-Flying types without Acrobatics something to work with. The ability to hold and item and perfect accuracy are pluses).
Baby-Doll Eyes: -1 Attack > -2 Attack (Priority stat lowering is a good idea, but -1 is kind of mediocre. Most of the viable Pokémon that get are also primarily offensive, so it wouldn't be too bad).
Bestow: Forcibly gives the foe its item (Almost everyone has an item, plus Knock Off provides great item control and good power. Similar to Trick).

Buff Pluck to eat the item resulting in a 25% heal if item does not do anything or does not effect stats in anyway if item boosts stats in anyway that item will boost that stat such as choice band will increase strength basicly a 60 bp knock off which also boosts stats or heals.

this too broken?

Hey everyone! Sorry for going quiet. Please join the Discord in the OP to stay up-to-date on Revving Up. Also, Ludicrousity is being super awesome and is working to get Revving Up playable on DragonHeaven. Thanks again!

Now, here is a gigantic batch of changes.
Celesteela: +Mega Launcher, -Leech Seed, +Synthesis
Stakataka: +Compound Eyes, +Pain Split, Sand Tomb, Will-o-Wisp
Smokescreen and Teleport - switches the user out. All non-Psychic types + Jynx aside from Porygon2, Staryu and Exeggutor-Alola lose Teleport, while the lines of Charizard, Magcargo, Kingdra, Dragalge, Exploud as well as Spiritomb all lose Smokescreen.
Arcanine
Fire -> Fire / Normal
-20 SpA, +10 Atk, +5 Def, + 5 SpD
(90 / 120 / 85 / 80 / 85 / 95)
Justified -> Unnerve
+Bulk Up
Shadow/Fire/Thunder/Ice Punch: 80 power. Shadow Punch ignores protect and co
Dusknoir:
+30 HP, -10 Spa and Speed, +Defiant, +Drain Punch
Nihilego: +Unnerve
Naganadel: +Gooey
Pheromosa: +Pixilate
Buzzwole: +Intimidate
Landorus-T: -Intimidate, +Rough Skin, -U-Turn, Defog
Jolteon: +Grass Knot, Dazzling Gleam, +10 Atk
Flareon: 95/130/75/65/110/60, +High Horsepower, Bulk Up
Umbreon: 75/95/110/60/130/65, -Inner Focus, +Poison Touch, +Knock Off, Poison Jab, Amnesia
Vaporeon: +10 Speed, +Aqua Jet
Heat Wave: 110 Power, 80% accuracy, 30% chance to burn, cannot miss in Sun
Espeon: +10 HP, -Synchronize, +Dazzling, +Heat Wave
Solrock and Lunatone learn Morning Sun and Moonlight respectively.
Leafeon: +10 HP, -Leaf Guard, +Natural Cure, +Rock Slide, U-Turn
Ice Body is now a Ice-type water absorb
Wake Up Slap has 80 power
Dancer: Uses the first dancing move in its moveslot on switch in.
Oricorio: +20 Speed, +10 Attack, +Wake Up Slap, +Brave Bird, +Knock Off
Baile - +Flame Body, +Flare Blitz, Will-o-Wisp
Pom-Pom - +Static, +Wild Charge, Thunder Wave
Pa’u - +Insomnia, +Zen Headbutt, Teleport
Sensu - +Cursed Body, +Shadow Claw, Taunt
Glaceon: 65/130/60/95/75/110, -Snow Cloak, +Refrigerate
Iron Tail: 90% accuracy
Stone Edge: 90% accuracy
Justified provides a Dark-type immunity
Wild charge: 110 base power 33% recoil, Volt tackle is electric head smash
Defiant: Boosts higher attacking stat instead of simply just Attack
Competitive: The user automatically uses Psych Up whenever the foe’s stat stages are changed, and can still use another move afterwards (similar to vanilla dancer).
Comet Punch: 80 power physical Fairy-type move, 100% accuracy, 30% chance to lower defense
Sylveon: +10 Defense, +Power Whip, Constrict, Mystical Fire
Shock Wave: 40 Power, +1 priority
Blacephalon:
Attack and Speed stats swap (meaning it will have 107 atk and 127 spe)
+Prankster
+Flame Blitz, Shadow Sneak
Mind blown is now a special fire head smash
Tapu Bulu: +Play Rough
Leaf Guard: Grass/Bug-types with this ability have 1.5x SpD.
Honey Gather - The user heals 1/16 of its HP at the end of each turn.
Typhlosion: 86/113/80/70/92/89 [530 BST], Fire/Ground, +Honey Gather
Meganium: +10 HP, -5 Atk, +Flower Veil, +Earth Power, Thunder Wave
Corrosion also has Poison-type Attacks ignore Steel immunity, not just Toxic.
Kartana: +Super Luck, -Tailwind
Feraligatr: +Rough Skin
Swampert: -5 SpA, +Poison Heal
Blaziken: -10 HP, +10 Speed, -Speed Boost, +No Guard, +Big Pecks
Big Pecks: User’s Defense is raised by one stage when it comes in on something with a SE move.
Sceptile: +Nasty Plot, Rototiller, +Limber
Rototiller now also increases crit ratio.
Sceptile-Mega: Mono Grass, loses Lightning Rod for Sniper.
Limber now also prevents speed drops.
Floette-Eternal is now legal.
Torterra: Grass/Rock, +1 Attack, +4 Speed, -Shell Armor, +Rock Head, +Grassy Surge, +Head Smash
Infernape: -4 SpD, +Flame Body
Heatproof now is vanilla but also prevents burns.
Empoleon: -Defiant, +Competitive, +Heatproof, +Roost
Serperior: +2 SpA, +Shed Skin, +Dark Pulse
Anticipation: User takes 0.67x damage on the first move that damages it when it comes in. Resets when switching out.
Samurott: 90/110/85/78/80/82, -Battle Armor, +Anticipation, +Serene Grace, +Agility, +Poison Jab
Chesnaught: +Defiant
Greninja: +Knock Off
Magician: The user switches items with the foe if it makes contact with the foe.
Delphox: -1 Def, -9 SpD, +6 Speed, +Magic Guard, +Moonblast, Focus Blast, Thunder, Thunderbolt
Incineroar: -15 SpA, +15 Speed, +Moxie, +Gunk Shot, Poison Jab
Decidueye: 78/100/75/90/80/107, +Aerilate, +Quick Attack, Tri Attack, Hurricane, Double-Edge
Liquid Voice: Sound moves now also have 1.2x power
Snarl, Struggle Bug and Icy Wind: 60 Power
Sparkling Aria: No longer cures foe’s burns, instead applies Heal Bell effect to the user’s team.
Primarina: +Natural Cure, +Snarl, Wish

wow that's a lot also more ideas?

all moves which cut in some sort of way have increased chance to crit (most moves which cut already do this but there are a few that don't have increased chance)

Here's a fun idea, please tell me how disgusting it is.

Instead of its original effect, if a partner uses U-turn, Volt Switch, or Baton Pass, and switches into this Pokémon, it will inherit its partner's ability. Cannot inherit itself, Power of Alchemy, Huge Power, Pure Power, Trace, Forecast, Multitype, Illusion, Wonder Guard, Zen Mode, Imposter, Stance Change, Power Construct, Schooling, Comatose, Shields Down, Disguise, RKS System or Battle Bond.

This is how I initially thought Receiver might work in Singles, and oh boy does it make Passimian a hell of a lot scarier. You can basically choose its ability based on its teammates. What could possibly go wrong?

Going through some vanilla partners (since I'm not sure what's been taken from CFM) and some of the new stuff:
Beedrill-Mega (Adaptability): Click CC to win.
Celebi (Natural Cure): Might be nice to shake off a burn or something.
Gliscor (Poison Heal): The memer's choice. Maybe Passimian appreciates the passive recovery, but...
Greninja (Protean): Passimian's ideal partner. STAB on everything is fucking stupid as shit. Not as fast as Greninja, but still a great abuser.
Magneton/Magnezone (Magnet Pull): I mean they already trap Steels but Passimian can keep up the pressure with its STAB.
Manectric/Incineroar/Staraptor (Intimidate): Double Intimidate, why not?
Pelipper/Mega Charizard Y/Tyranitar/Hippowdon (Drizzle/Drought/Sand Stream): Want to reset the weather without wasting tempo? Passimian's got you covered.
Rotom-Wash (Levitate?): An immunity to anything is always nice.
Scolipede: lol
Yanmega (Speed Boost): Bypasses BP ban with U-turn.
Tapu Koko (Electric Surge): Just like weather, lets you reset terrain without wasting tempo.
Tornadus-T (Regenerator): Uses it almost as Tornadus-T would, get a few hits in and U-turn out. They also have kinda similar bulk so that's interesting.
Sylveon (Pixilate): Pixilate to get a boost on Return, but otherwise niche.
Decidueye (Aerilate): Same as above.
Spinda (Contrary): The most gimmicky partner, but you can't not love spamming Contrary Superpower. Unfortunately will probably die before BPing out.

...I need to stop myself.

It's a fun idea on paper, but I wonder if it's too restrictive. I added Huge/Pure Power to the list of abilities it can't inherit, and there's only so many abilities that Passimian can inherit due to the number of mons that learn U-turn/Volt Switch/BP; but, buffing a mon with one of those moves, or giving a good mon one of those moves, you have to ask yourself, 'how does Passimian benefit from this?'

Power of Alchemy is now a Trace clone. Gives Alolan-Muk another useful ability, albeit situational.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)